• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Index Ads - Banners in body_text

yakseller

After I saw your upload in the contrib I checked in here. And I tride to simulate your problem you posted but I couldnt make it happened. I used FF and disabled cookies but the items stayed in the cart after clicking on the banners.

What browser and what settings did you used when the items in the cart was lost?

When I compare your fix whit the original banner manager in OSC your solution looks more proper then the original from this contrib, so should I change to you fix?

// Fredrik

I dont remeber if this problem occured to me after i made some changes in my project or not... But i feel putting product id is much better than providing the product url... If you feel my way is good, i would suggest to make the changes...If you need any help , please let me know thanks for your appreciation

l8ter

• 4 weeks later...
I dont remeber if this problem occured to me after i made some changes in my project or not... But i feel putting product id is much better than providing the product url... If you feel my way is good, i would suggest to make the changes...If you need any help , please let me know thanks for your appreciation

Putting just the products is good as it does not drop the cart info. My site does this with the old way but I like to link directly to categories and cannot with the new way of doing this. Is there a solution that will allow for both without dropping the cart info?

Thanks for this contribution other then the shopping cart problem its exactly what I wanted.

Jamie

juniorprg, Thanks for your reply.

Putting just the products is good as it does not drop the cart info. My site does this with the old way but I like to link directly to categories and cannot with the new way of doing this.

Thanks for reminding me of this, I link some banners to categories as well.

I use Chemos Ultimate SEO and I link the banners whit a plain url path, like this:

blueridedekal-jester-p-992.html

When I disable cookies in FF I dont lose any items in the cart after clicking on a banner. I compared my index_ads.php whit the original, and they are the same, exept for my uncomments to reduce queries.

• 8 months later...

To not to lose session just change array to

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = '<a href="' . tep_href_link($banner['banners_url'].'?osCsid='.$_GET['osCsid']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner['banners_image'], $banner['banners_title']) . '</a>';

again i was losing seesion so i i've changed

in admin panel

banner url: cPath=(number)

index_ads array:

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = '<a href="' .tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $banner['banners_url']).'">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner['banners_image'], $banner['banners_title']) . '</a>';

• 1 month later...

I am looking for a way to put my rotating banner between the main text and the new products for... table. Is there a way to do this? I believe this contribution will help but i am not sure if this is what I need. If there is an easier way than the contribution (copy and paste text to index.php) please let me know. Thanks!