• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding the CP Shipping Module..

Hi all,

I'm new to osCommerce, and really web development in any capacity. I'm more of a designer, so please bear with me.

I need to install the Canada Post shipping module, but I have no idea where to even begin. If there's a patient user out there, I would REALLY appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

Scott. :unsure:

Go to the contributions section http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions and select one or both of the following.

Canada Post Shipping Module with dimensions 2.2-CVS 1 Nov 2003

CanadaPost Shipping Module 2.2-CVS 1 Jun 2003

I have the second choice installed but when I was checking this for you I noticed the contribution with dimensions. In a conversation with CP yesterday his sugges'tion was to include the dimensions of the items to allow CP to pick the proper sized box. I don't know if this module addresses that but if it does you should be getting more accurate shipping costs displayed.

anyway . . . :rolleyes:

download the file - read the readme's and follow the directions

there are two files named the same that go in to different directories. copy them in and then edit the module in your admin site. You will need to contact CP sellonline and get set up with an account. once that is done they will give you the test server ip address and you can test test testtest test test test.

trust me you want to test this till it hurts to make sure that you are charging enough shipping.

I have talked to Canada Post three times now and I have been very mpressed with the people in the help desk department.

• 1 month later...