• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fedex surcharge as a %

willwalla

Hey all,

Still struggling with shipping modules.

Since I use three modules in my shop, the combination of tare/box and wrapping weights makes it tough...

I use Canada Post, which offers box sizes and weight addition to the customer account when processing the rate; I use Fedex which uses the weight plus tare weight in the admin configuration table; and finally, I use a customized table zone module that also uses the product weights and the default tare weight.

Since Canada Post overseas rates are pretty tight, especially for small/light orders, I would like to use their system as it allows more than one tare weight.

But that would put my tare weight for the other companies to zero... which is also not good.

Anyone know how to :

1) either put more than one tare weight into oscommerce/admin/configuration

2) or adjust Fedex so that I can use a surcharge based on percentage rather than a fixed amount ?

Tough one again....but I have overcome more than one since starting this bloody shop...:)

Help appreciated, as usual

WW

www.callibo.com