• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

blucollarguy,

It looks like you what you are doing is something that I need too. I am just starting to look into how we will be handling our shipping.

One thing I am confused about, is what you are working on labeled the "Enhanced Multi-Vendor Shipping" contribution or something entirely new from that contribution and the original "Multi-Vendor Shipping" contribution?

From what I've read, the MVS contribution does not totally work.

Thanks for all your hard work on this.  It really is necessary if a person wants to do drop shipping.

Audrey.

This is an entire re-write. The logic used in the originals was not quite an approach that would properly handle true Mulit-Vendor stores. I have many plans for Vendor management, which started with the Vendors Auto Email that I have already released. Stay tuned, I think I am close. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi Craig -

I've got a bit of time to help out with the attributes part of MVS; can you point me to points in the code to start looking at/working on?

- James

-----------------------------------------------

The Arts Coop -- Art for Everyone!

-----------------------------------------------

Are we talking about the attributes issue in Vendors Email James? If so, all the code for the actual email that gets sent is in the admin/orders.php file. Specifically

$current_products_id=$vendors_email_products['orders_products_id'];

$vendors_email_products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select distinct opa.products_options_values from orders_products_attributes opa, orders o where opa.orders_id='" .  $oID . "' and opa.orders_products_id='" .$current_products_id . "'");

while ($vendors_email_products_attributes= tep_db_fetch_array($vendors_email_products_attributes_query)) {

$email_message = $email_message . '<tr><td> </td><td colspan=3>'. $vendors_email_products_attributes['products_options_values'] .'</td></tr>';

}

What needs to get done is to tie each attribute to each of the products in the Vendor list. The query as is should do it, but as you know it does not quite work. I have tried many different ways of doing this and I keep getting breaks at various points in the process. If you get somewhere, let me know. I wil also want to reformat the email itself so it will flow better that it currently does.

If you are talking about MultiVendorShipping, I have not gotten to part of the re-write yet. Thanks for whatever you can do, we will all appreciate it. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have installed this module and when I try to check out I get the following message:

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

United Parcel Service

We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping.

Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown.

Anyone run into this problem before? I wonder if I have the whole thing setup correctly.

Hello Marcus, no I can't help you with the version that you are using, this thread was created for developing a new version since most people were not able to get the 2 originals working, including me. Keep an eye on this thread for the release of a functioning version. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Thank You for your help. I will probably just scrap using oscommerce in favor of a commercial version that has this type of feature as I cannot run what I have planned without it. I will keep checking back however.

Thanks Again,

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...

Craig,

How are things looking? I've got a pro on our team who is now working on these kinds of projects for us. We just cleaned up the attribute functionality and now are going to focus again on combining MVS and Enhanced vendors to support Multizip origins. If possible, I may forward him your contact info in case he needs to rack your brain.

Thx

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

Craig,

How are things looking?  I've got a pro on our team who is now working on these kinds of projects for us.  We just cleaned up the attribute functionality and now are going to focus again on combining MVS and Enhanced vendors to support Multizip origins.  If possible, I may forward him your contact info in case he needs to rack your brain.

Thx

Sounds good to me. He may be able to break this last major hurdle. It is very close, I keep getting pulled in other directions, but I still keep coming back to it. If your new guy wants collaborate, put him in touch with me and maybe we can get it done. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Just wondering on the state of this new module?

I got MVS installed and working quite easily. However it doesnt allow me to assign MVS to particular Zones. I only need MVS in teh UK the rest of the world has to use Airmail.

So can you let me know how close you are please.

thnx

Paul

Just wondering on the state of this new module?

I got MVS installed and working quite easily. However it doesnt allow me to assign MVS to particular Zones. I only need MVS in teh UK the rest of the world has to use Airmail.

So can you let me know how close you are please.

thnx

Paul

I'm hoping to have something available for testing within the next 2-3 weeks. This assumes that I don't have any more emergencies to deal with, I am jsut finishing up on a few and should be able to get back the this very soon.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Ok folks, I am very close! I have finally figured out how to pass the needed info to each module. This was a major pain in #@s, but I finally got it, Not as difficult as I thought it was once I found it. Anyway, I need input concerning the first major questions I posed to start this whole thing. Please look at the first page of this thread and offer opinions on the issues presented. Over the next several days(hoepefully not weeks) I will be working on the customer presentation and total quote view. Keep your fingers crossed for me and let me know what everyone thinks. We are close on this, I will also be needing some people who can do some beta work with differnt shipping modules, I am doing my work with UPS choice and FedEx direct, so we will need some more testing on the many other modules and maybe some new ones we will need to create to get the most out of this work. Thanks for the support everyone, Craig :)

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Craig!

I'm becoming a huge fan of yours. I have been tracking your progress from start and praying that you can finish this new GREAT contribution soon!

I have reading again the first posts, and I agree with mugitty. The best way to present to the customer the shipping options are:

The items in your order ship either from different locations or via different methods. Please select (if options are available) your preferred shipping method for each shipment.

Shipment 1:

Product: (model) Description, (model) Description

Shipping Options: Method 1 - Option 1  Price  (select box)

Option 2  Price  (select box)

Option 3  Price  (select box)

Method 2 - Option 1  Price  (select box)

Option 2  Price  (select box)

Shipment 2:

Product: (model) Description

Shipping Options: Method 1 - Option 1  Price  (select box)

Total Shipping for selected methods:  Total Price

I really hope you can finish soon! I'm in really need of this contribution!

Thanks and good work!

Elisa

I think that is a great idea but you have the problem of people will think that because they are ordering both products from you then they will be shipped from one warehouse. Store owners will need to make sure that they word it properly so that people understand that they will need to make two selections here and an error message if they fail to select the shipping type for the second option.

Is there a way to make it so that you selection a method of shipping for the first one and it also selects the same shipping option for the second item which chould be overridded if the customer chooses to? Does that make sense? I am only thinking it because people are generally stupid and don't read as it is.

Cheers,

David J.

I agree David and Elisa, and I plan on implementing a system where defaults will be set for each Vendor, by the store owner, it will select the same way the "cheapest" is selected now. I am very close to needing some testing done. Beta stuff. If anyone is interested let me know. You will want your own dev site available as this may break some stuff in the process. I will be in touch soon, and I appreciate the support. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello Craig!

I'll be very happy to help you and be your beta tester!

I'm very desperate to add your contribution to my store.

I'll be doing anything on my hands to help you finish faster!

Do you have a timeframe?

Thank you so much for your kind efforts!

Elisa

Thanks Elisa, I hope to have some code soon, I will let you know. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi Craig,

I have a couple of dev stores that I can test this out on and would be happy to help you beta test.

Katrina

Great Katrina, as soon as I am ready, I will post here and ask each of you to contact me email so I can zip some code to you. Appreciate the support, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

i just found this forum and i must say that im more than happy to see that u guys are trying to develop something like this, i have been trying to find a way in my head during the last week of doing so and since im not a great php mysql developer i was going insane.

i have multiple vendors and each one works with their own ground service, each one has fixed values for the zones they ship to, and all of them share the same market, so i have a different shipping cost for each zone depending on the vendor.

SO u can imagine that its mandatory for me to have an addon like this in my store before going live, or a add on similar to this. so if i can be of any help i?ll be willing to help u guys out in any way.

it may be easier as i dont have to work with different shipping modules but as i said imnot a programmer or anything alike.

thx a lot :rolleyes:

O.

Cheers,

O.

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to know if this is still in development? I've been looking for an update to the existing multi vendor mods.

Paul

It sure is Paul. Hope to have some beta code within the next week. I keep getting sidetracked by other things, but I hope to be able to devote some significant time to it over the next several days. Stay tuned all, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Craig,

Another idea to consider:

There is a current, working contrib out there for a shipping estimator built into the shopping cart page itself. It might be a great add-on to make a multizip origin, MVS friendly version of the shipping calculator in the cart.

Here is a working example of the shipping calc in cart:

http://www.madmacgames.com/mycart

Be sure to add something to your cart in order to view the calculator at work.

This would be a great compliment to the new and improved, MVS system.

IMHO....

Thx

(we've been quite busy with other custom work....auto SKU numbering system, auto image renaming, QTY update notifications, etc)

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

Hi all

I've been looking into doing something just like this for a client. I was just starting to figure out the logic when I happened on this thread. I would be glad to do anything that I can to help make this a working mod. If you only need beta testing, I have a test site available and would be glad to help debug. If there is anything else that I can do please let me know. I'm not the fastest php coder in the world, but I'm stubborn enough to make up for it.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.