• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

My wife and business partner, she does the ordering and order updating, I do the web site maintenance and roast the coffee. Anyway, we have a couple of vendors who want the customers phone number, for shipping reasons. Has anyone looked into adding this to the email sent to the vendor? I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

BTW:

We have had the MVS running live for about 2 months and have had very few problems. A few minor Contrib bugs with combining Easypopulate and MVS, but minor ones. We are extremely Happy!

I honestly believe it is ready for release, with a note, that it is an advanced contrib.

In admin/vendor_email_send.php, at about line 148 find the $delivery_address_query and add in customers_telephone so the line looks like this:

$delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, customers_telephone from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id='" . $oID ."'");

Then, a few lines down at about line 171 modify the $delivery_address_list so that it looks like this:

$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_state'] . ' ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_postcode'] . '<br><br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_telephone'] . '<br><br>';

Eureka!

Edited by djmonkey1

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I am new to OSCommerce.

This needs to be added to the MySQL updates:

ALTER TABLE `vendors` ADD `num_tables` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT 'NULL' AFTER `percent_tare_weight` ;

otherwise you get an error when adding a new vendor in the admin table :)

Another Address Line for vendors might be a good idea for this contribution before it gets released. Since many different people will be using many different vendors with this contribution. :)

Will there be individual shipping available? I would assume that I can't just add an individual shipping mod without messing stuff up. I am framiliar with ASP and Access, but I'm somewhat of a newbie to MySQL and OSC. As an newb I would have also found it usefull if the installation files explained that hand coding the files was only necessary if you have a modified store whereas you can just install the files on a fresh install of osc. i installed the files then started going through the code, I went through like three pages before I relized what I was doing was unnecessary, LOL.

Maybe it could say:

If you have a clean install of osc they just install the files.

But if you have a modified store you will have to follow the step by step instructions below. Otherwise files that have been previously edited will be overwritten and lost.

Will there be individual shipping available? I would assume that I can't just add an individual shipping mod without messing stuff up. I am framiliar with ASP and Access, but I'm somewhat of a newbie to MySQL and OSC. As an newb I would have also found it usefull if the installation files explained that hand coding the files was only necessary if you have a modified store whereas you can just install the files on a fresh install of osc. i installed the files then started going through the code, I went through like three pages before I relized what I was doing was unnecessary, LOL.

Maybe it could say:

If you have a clean install of osc they just install the files.

But if you have a modified store you will have to follow the step by step instructions below. Otherwise files that have been previously edited will be overwritten and lost.

What did you install? "num_tables" isn't a part of this version of MVS. This forum is for Multi Vendor Shipping, check to see what you are working with.

Another address line would not be a bad idea. Will add it to the list. The original instructions do say to copy over the files provided as this is a fairly advanced installation, not sure what Marc added to the "roll-up", I haven't checked it yet.

Shipping is handled per Vendor, so individual shipping is already there, if you installed this version.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

The original instructions do say to copy over the files provided as this is a fairly advanced installation, not sure what Marc added to the "roll-up", I haven't checked it yet.

Craig! Welcome back my friend. I have tried to contact you a few times about the roll-up and the new version of UPS-XML Rates and services I brewed up. I sent the UPS over to Jim K. I apologize for not running the roll-up past you guys first. Won't happen again, I promise.

As far as the roll-up is concerned, I did not include any instructions. I just didn't have time to type up a step by step and the old instructions don't apply anymore. They would just confuse people. I do believe I left a readme in there that states that the roll-up is only for fresh installs of osCommerce otherwise use a diff compare like WinMerge.

The roll up contains all fixes and additions discussed since June 5, 2005 to mvs_RC4 up tilll January 24. If someone could maybe update the install directions that would be great! This iss working on my test site. The file can be found by clicking on the link in my sig. Also, I don't think I could write any install instructions now as my site is heavily modified.

:thumbsup: B)

Edited by HallMarc

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I am new to OSCommerce.

This needs to be added to the MySQL updates:

ALTER TABLE `vendors` ADD `num_tables` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT 'NULL' AFTER `percent_tare_weight` ;

otherwise you get an error when adding a new vendor in the admin table :)

I think you're talking about a different contribution.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

After I installed this, I was getting an error somewhere about 'num_tables', too. It was caused when I installed the rollup version of this contribution. I just found where it was mentioned in the code and removed it. It's been a few weeks, but when I looked into it at the time, it looked like the error was related to a "Geo-something" contribution that I had never installed; like somewhow the code got included in the rollup. So gr8sale's not crazy.

After I installed this, I was getting an error somewhere about 'num_tables', too. It was caused when I installed the rollup version of this contribution. I just found where it was mentioned in the code and removed it. It's been a few weeks, but when I looked into it at the time, it looked like the error was related to a "Geo-something" contribution that I had never installed; like somewhow the code got included in the rollup. So gr8sale's not crazy.

YIKES! My bad I'm so sorry. Tell me where it was and I will remove it. It is related to Supertracker.

I just looked and could only find it in one file, which matches what I remember when I installed it. At the time, I just figured it was something I had done wrong or was conflicting with another contribution or hack I had made.

When you extract the roll up, it is in this file:

mvs_0.9RC4.1/catalog/admin/vendors.php

I count 9 instances.

I just looked and could only find it in one file, which matches what I remember when I installed it. At the time, I just figured it was something I had done wrong or was conflicting with another contribution or hack I had made.

When you extract the roll up, it is in this file:

mvs_0.9RC4.1/catalog/admin/vendors.php

I count 9 instances.

OK I was wrong on which modification was left in there. This is related to the Multi-Zone Multi-Table mod by moosey_jude that was not included in the roll-up. I have that installed on my development version and just forgot to remove it from the roll-up version. I am working on the removal now.

Thanks for pointing out the left over scrap. B)

Full roll up package is now ready with all references to mzmt removed. This is a seperate mod designed for MVS. This roll up is meant to be an upated version of MVS0.9RC4 with all corrections and changes for MVS included since June 5, 2005. I also included the RFQ mod because it seemed like a necessary addition to a great piece of software. This also includes the newer version of UPS XML Rates and Services with JanZ's new packing algorythm, insurance option and sort order function. The only credit I take is putting this package together to help people save an immense amount of time as there have been many bugs worked out since June 5, 2005 and I also rewrote the UPS XML so that it will function for this MVS program.

All credits go to Craig Garrison, Jr., Jim Keebaugh, JanZ, Torin Walker, djmonkey1and many many more.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2906

Edited by HallMarc

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant SHIPPING_DAYS_DELAY_3 in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 1134

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEST_MODE_3 in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 247

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 959

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 960

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 961

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 1003

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 1021

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 414

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 415

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEST_MODE_3 in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 247

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 959

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 960

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 961

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 1003

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 1021

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant SHIPPING_DAYS_DELAY_3 in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 1134

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 414

Warning: error_log(/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 415

I was able to clear the laundry list of errors found in the earlier of my previous two posts, but the XML document error persisted. I went back to my old UPSXML module in the meantime.

For the error log line errors I commented out line 75 like so:

//$this->logfile = '/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log';

For line 247 I changed constant to @constant (this is how it is in my operating module)

For line 1134 I changed constant to @constant (I don't think this should be necessary here but it cleared the error).

I don't know what is causing the XML Document error.

I don't know what is causing the XML Document error.

I don't know why you would be getting the UPS error either. I don't remember changing any of the XML statements. I will look into it however.

It's odd, because if I install the module but don't input the username and password, the error comes back as 10002 The XML document is well formed but not valid. Once I input my username and password I get the 10001 error.

First find line 1109 and replace 'SHIPPING_DAYS_DELAY_' with 'MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_DAYS_DELAY_'

and do the same on line 1110

Next on line 247 find 'MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEST_MODE_' and replace with 'MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_MODE_'

This is the first part. I'm looking at the next part. For some reason the package info is not showing up.

I will find out why later. Unless someone else can look at it and see why it's not getting the package info.

What did you install? "num_tables" isn't a part of this version of MVS. This forum is for Multi Vendor Shipping, check to see what you are working with.

Another address line would not be a bad idea. Will add it to the list. The original instructions do say to copy over the files provided as this is a fairly advanced installation, not sure what Marc added to the "roll-up", I haven't checked it yet.

Shipping is handled per Vendor, so individual shipping is already there, if you installed this version.

OK in Admin>Vendors>Vendor Manager there is a field for "Number of Tables (for Multi-geozone Multi-Table module)" there is no corresponding field in the database so one needs to be created otherwise you get an error when adding a new vendor.

OK in Admin>Vendors>Vendor Manager there is a field for "Number of Tables (for Multi-geozone Multi-Table module)" there is no corresponding field in the database so one needs to be created otherwise you get an error when adding a new vendor.

Yeah, we have this understood now, when Marc did the "rollup", he left in some additional code(would be optional), and I had not seen it yet. Marc is trying to help out(and doing a great job I might add), Jim and I have been very busy and have not been able to complete a full update with instructions. We apologize, but this is certainly a mod that is not for the faint of heart. You have done well so far, take a look back a page or so, and you will see Marc's posts in response to your original request and then decide what to do with it.

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

See my postings above. Also be aware that the UPSXML Rates and Services for MVS isn't quite working yet.

To everyone else here is another mistake I found in the catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 1159

"	   <CurrencyCode>" . MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_CURRENCY_CODE_ . $vendors_id . "</CurrencyCode>\n".

it should read

"	   <CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>\n".

or whatever your country code is

PLEASE NOTE this is the upsxml.php that I included with the roll up.

The original one in the first rollup I uploaded to the contribution is working.

Edited by HallMarc

Hi I am having trouble understanding where I set the shipping type for the vendor and/or product.

I see where I can set the vendors ID in the products table but I don't know where to define the vendor shipping type.

For a Shipping Mods directory I have

Module Directory: C:/apache2triad/htdocs/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/

does it need to point to C:/apache2triad/htdocs/catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/ instead :blink: