• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

vincenzo, this will enable you to have each product sorted by Vendor so that if you are dropshipping from multiple Vendors your shipping quotes will be accurate according to the zipcode of that particular Vendor. Does that get you away from the wall? Craig :)

is there a wrorking version? from what i saw in the contribution list, different zipcodes weren't working?

I hope this does get me away from the wall. It sounds like what I need.

(btw, the attribute sets contribution probably saved me five hours or more of typing)

Let's hope this can get me moving!

Hello,

I recently installed the Enhanced Multi Vendor Shipping contrib and I'm having trouble getting it to work. I think it's not knowing exactly how to configure it in the admin interface. I use the CRELoaded6 version. The install seemed to work O.K., though I was getting errors with some of the indvship1,2,3, etc. shipping modules as well as the mltship modules. I can add vendors, create shipping methods, etc. but when I set these to my products in the products edit screens, the shipping mods only show "Free shipping - Downloads." Even though I don't have this mod assigned to the vendor. I have UPS set. "Free shipping - Downloads" shows for all of my products regardless whether or not I have the vendor and shipping mod assigned to a product.

What I would like to know is if there are some directions about how to configure this. The directions for installing it are clear but I can't find documentation about how to get it working after it's installed.

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim, we are currently re-writing the code for MVS since not many people have been able to get much use from it. Although some certainly have been using it, it really was never completed by the original writer. I cannot help you get it working since I was not able to get it to work properly for me either and that is why I began the re-write. Keep an eye on this thread and you will know when we have some code for everyone. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

BluCollarGuy, Dax and all,

Just wanted to pop in and tell you all I'm glad you're still working on this. I got scared when looking at the thread in the contrib. section and didn't see your link to this thread. (o:

I'm working on a store from which I would like to sell handmade products from multiple artists. Each item will be shipped from the artists themselves, so therefore there will be different shipping charges on a per item basis.

I'm new to Php coding so I can't offer any real help for development, just support & encouragement!

SO... Here's wishing you all the best of luck - as well as inspiration & motivation from your muses to keep going (without too many headaches or too much eyestrain!).

AND - THANK YOU for all your time and energy!

This contrib. will be the answer to my dreams (and many others I'm sure) (o:

- SweetLiberty

So, I guess I can assume from these posts that there is not any mods that will let you specify multiple vendors and calculate the correct shipping. I just want to make sure I don't spend any more time trying to find something thats not there.

Other attempts have not quite been what most of us need, so I started this re-write. It is coming along and we will get it. Recently I have personally been sidelined by several more pressing needs of my own so I have been able to stay focused on this, but we will get it done, so keep on eye here so you will know our progress. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

How we doing, guys? We just brought on a front-end design guru, but we still dont have the PHP scripting master that knows how this zipcode functionality should be integrated. However, if we encounter some talent, I'll let you know so we can help you move this code forward.

Thx,

-Codi

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

I think Joey and I will work on it together some this weekend and hopefully we can get a big step forward. Stay tuned. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Craig, Joey, et al...

Our team has pretty much modded osCommerce so much that one of our sites looks NOTHING like the barebones install:

http://www.ecopeia.com/osc-ecopeia/catalog/

We plan to integrate a multi-zipcode origin Enchanced MVS in both this and our other sites. Just keep us posted! Keep it up.

Thx,

-Codi

I'm also in need to be able to provide multi vendor drop shipping capabilities through my new site. It seems as if there needs to be a way that the shipping options through the checkout option need to be looking at the MVS vendor tables to look at what is setup there for the shipping method and zip code rather than through the original method that OSC was written to do.

As a Visial Basic/SQL server programmer, I can see the logic, but I don't know PHP and the coding of OSC well enough to re-code it myself.

I need to incorporate the SMC shipping module into the enhanced multi-vendor contribution for my ultimate multi vendor drop shipping environment to be fully functional.

:unsure: :blink: :lol: :P :unsure:

agifttogo.com

Edited by getyourgold

Hey guys, you're working on the contribution of my dreams right now. Please don't give up! Cleaning up MVS and streamlining it with direct vendor emails would be a godsend It's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm glad I found this thread... I was about to give up hope!

Although--maybe someone on this thread can help me get through my current glitch.

I installed "Individual Product Shipping Prices", thinking it did what MVS does. Then I installed MVS on top of it, but not the enhanced version. From what I'm reading, it sounds like the enhanced version is a combination of the two, but I'm also reading gripes that it doesn't calculate right. Well, here's what my combination is doing:

Category A: I have most items listed for UPS. I could only figure out how to list Ground prices... no choices.

Category B: I also have some items listed at flat shipping rates, which will be used for drop ship.

- If a customer buys several items from Category A, it calculates fine.

- If a customer buys several items from Category B, it calculates fine.

- If a customer buys a few from each, it only calculates the drop ship prices. UPS rates are left out of the sum altogether.

I'm new to PHP/MySQL, but I'm getting pretty good at following instructions to edit code. If anyone has any ideas for how my glitch can be fixed... even just the file I need to look at... it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sarah

First you decide what you've got to do, and then you go out and do it.

Maybe the most that we can do is just see each other through it.

Ani Difranco

Hello all. I downloaded the latest version of the contribution but it gave me quite a bit of errors. Sifting through this conversation, I noticed several coding changes. Is there going to be an updated version posted with a summery of the changes?

I would be willing to help with some of the payment for this if somebody can help me out. It is the final step in getting my store up and running.

Cheers,

David

Hello all. I downloaded the latest version of the contribution but it gave me quite a bit of errors. Sifting through this conversation, I noticed several coding changes. Is there going to be an updated version posted with a summery of the changes?

I would be willing to help with some of the payment for this if somebody can help me out. It is the final step in getting my store up and running.

Cheers,

David

Dvaid, we will be releasing a wholly new version, with documentation. Exactly when I can't say, but I will not let it go, I need a more accurate shipping module, and I'm sure most would agree. So stay tuned and you will know when it is out. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Thanks so muc for letting me know. Thinking I made a giant mistake. I reinstalled it and still got the same error. The big problem I get is when I try to set up my shipping methods and it konks out. Here is a screen shot:

shot.jpg

There seems to be some language parts missing and I am missing the right colum to edit the shipping.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

David

Thanks so muc for letting me know. Thinking I made a giant mistake. I reinstalled it and still got the same error. The big problem I get is when I try to set up my shipping methods and it konks out. Here is a screen shot:

shot.jpg

There seems to be some language parts missing and I am missing the right colum to edit the shipping.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

David

Sorry David, not much I can give you on getting the original version working as I was not able to get it to work the way I needed it I gave up and started the rewrite. I have seen a number of posts here of folks who have been able to get the old version working, maybe you can search this thread for them and contact them directly for a little help while we are still working on the new version. Stay tuned though, I am still workign on this and it will be sooooooooo much better than the old version. Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi All -

Any status update on this contribution?

I have Vendor Auto Email working now (except for attributes in the emails--I know you're working on this, Craig :-) ) and found this thread (which pertains to my next implementation hurdle for my store).

Thanks for all the hard work on this everyone!

- James

Hi All -

Any status update on this contribution?

I have Vendor Auto Email working now (except for attributes in the emails--I know you're working on this, Craig :-) ) and found this thread (which pertains to my next implementation hurdle for my store).

Thanks for all the hard work on this everyone!

- James

Nothing new yet James, but I am still working on it. This has a few issues that have become more significant than I thought they would be, but I have not given up yet.

Stay tuned, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Craig,

Let me know if you are in the need of additional help.  I am not the best but I do know a bit about hacking code. :D

Thanks for the offer, I'll take all the help I can get. Later this afternoon, I will PM you some info on what I'm stuck on, maybe you can see it. Sometimes fresh eyes shed new light on things. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hey Craig,

Long time no see! It has been a number of weeks since the new thread was started....has this officially become a dead project?

Please let me know so I can plan accordingly (may recruit some talent).

Thx,

-Codi

Hey Craig,

Long time no see!  It has been a number of weeks since the new thread was started....has this officially become a dead project?

Please let me know so I can plan accordingly (may recruit some talent).

Thx,

-Codi

Absolutely NOT dead! I have been a bit wrapped up with several other projects that suddeny became more urgent. I will not stop on this, I need it badly enough that even if I have to hire a programmer to help me through some of the rough spots, I will get it done. Stay tuned and patient Codi, my schedule should be loosening a bit in the next couiple of days and hopefully I can devote some significant time to it again. Don't give up, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Craig,

Just wanted to take a second and say, Thank you for all your work on this project. All of us lurking on this thread I'm sure appreciate your efforts at least as much as I do - which is A LOT...

Good luck with those rough spots.

Sincerely,

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...

blucollarguy,

It looks like you what you are doing is something that I need too. I am just starting to look into how we will be handling our shipping.

One thing I am confused about, is what you are working on labeled the "Enhanced Multi-Vendor Shipping" contribution or something entirely new from that contribution and the original "Multi-Vendor Shipping" contribution?

From what I've read, the MVS contribution does not totally work.

Thanks for all your hard work on this. It really is necessary if a person wants to do drop shipping.

Audrey.