• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I'm having a problem using MVS with UPSXML v 1.15a dimensions enabled and the UPS xml R & S and Attr w/ weights fix. :(

Everything works fine if I only choose 1 vendor, when I choose more than one, on the checkout page, each vendors listing of the total weight and number of packages are incorrect.

Example:

Vendor 1, has 4 packages weighing 29 lbs each and vendor 2 has 4 packages weighing 3 lbs each. so it calculates-

Vendor 1: (should be 4 pkgs, 116 lbs. total)

United Parcel Service (XML) (8 pkg(s), 128 lbs total)

UPS ground, $65.56

Vendor 2: (should be 4 pkgs, 12 lbs. total)

United Parcel Service (XML) (16 pkg(s), 128 lbs total)

UPS ground, $185.36

Confirmation pages says combined shipping is $250.92!

Could anyone please explain what I may be doing wrong? I just added the dimensions section to the existing ups xml module, should I have installed the whole thing over what MVS had for ups xml?

Thanks,

Paul

Shipping modules need to be modified to work with MVS. You can use the modified UPSXML module in the distribution if that works for you. If you need a different version it will need to be modified. See the instructions in modules.txt in the distribution, and you can use the modified UPSXML module for a model. Post here if you have problems and we'll help you with it.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Shipping modules need to be modified to work with MVS. You can use the modified UPSXML module in the distribution if that works for you. If you need a different version it will need to be modified. See the instructions in modules.txt in the distribution, and you can use the modified UPSXML module for a model. Post here if you have problems and we'll help you with it.

Regards

Jim

I'm usint the modified UPSXML module in the distribution. I checked the distribution files with the latest UPSXML version using winmerge and they are the same, except when I compare the catalog or admin/includes/modules/shipping to ... /vendors_shipping. Same version number but with modifications for MVS 2005 made to vendors_shipping.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul: Are you saying that the includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php is the same as the standard version of UPSXML? If so, you have a bad copy somewhere. Line 4 of the file should say

Modified for MVS 2005/04/19 jck
Try the version from RC4; I have that one working on my test site right now.

Keith: It's pretty stable right now. There's a patch about 4 pages back in this thread that you need to apply. It prevents checkout without paying for shipping under certain circumstances.

Regards

Jim

756 post later is this contribution at a stable enough release to install on a working site? It's just the download page suggests this is for development only! Could anyone shed any light on this?

My site is all but finished but it's the shipping that i need to complete it, any advice would be appreciated!

Paul: Are you saying that the includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php is the same as the standard version of UPSXML? If so, you have a bad copy somewhere. Line 4 of the file should say Modified for MVS 2005/04/19 jck. Try the version from RC4; I have that one working on my test site right now.

It is the same version as UPSXML. $Id: upsxml.php,v 1.1.4 2004/12/19 13:30:00 sgo Exp $. Line 4 of vendor/shipping/upsxml.php says Modified for MVS 2005/04/19 jck and there are several modifications.

I also noticed that if my vendor is from MA or OH the UPS pricing is the same.

I will give RC4 a try today.

I really don't want to give up on this. I need to have a way for UPS to quote on per package weight rather than total weight and this seems to be best way if I can get it to work.

Thanks,

Paul

Could someone give me a list of files that need to be changed to downgrade to RC4 so I don't have to start from scratch ?

RC5 readme says the following:

2005/08/05 - MVS 0.9RC5 Updates:

=================================

Updates to the following files:

catalog/admin/prods_by_vendor.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/prods_by_vendor.php

I changed those files. Same results. I tried using the regular UPS module and that works fine. So I think there is something with the UPSXML module that is not right. Anyone else using UPSXML with success? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

I've found that the UPSXML mod. works as long as you don't use the dimensional feature. It seems either UPSXML or MVS gets really confused when you have more than one vendor and have to take into account dimensions and weights.

Has anyone had any luck with this? If so, PLEASE let me know how you set it up.

Does anyone have any other advice on how to get fairly accurate individual shipping charges using UPS? If I can't, then every customer will have to call in to get shipping charges because most combined orders will be over the UPS weight limit.

Thanks,

Paul

I've found that the UPSXML mod. works as long as you don't use the dimensional feature. It seems either UPSXML or MVS gets really confused when you have more than one vendor and have to take into account dimensions and weights.

Has anyone had any luck with this? If so, PLEASE let me know how you set it up.

Does anyone have any other advice on how to get fairly accurate individual shipping charges using UPS? If I can't, then every customer will have to call in to get shipping charges because most combined orders will be over the UPS weight limit.

Thanks,

Paul

With a modified version of the "flat.php" from the vendors_shipping folder, I am also using UPS. With just these two options enabled, UPS rates are accurate to the penny.

When I try to enable FedEx, error messages ensue so I have disabled that shipping option. At this point, I don't need more than UPS and my customized Flat option for freight item products.

Does anyone have this working with UPS? I've installed it into a new shop and enabled everything but when I place an order I get the

We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping
message. If I disable this module and use the standard UPS module, the shipping shows up fine. I see from an earlier post that this was not working and was wondering if it was ever fixed?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This is freaking awesome! I've got it up and running and I'm like a kid in a candy store- I can actually define different shipping methods for different categories of products! Such a simple concept, but so hard to achieve....

THANK YOU

Ok- now that I'm done gushing, here are a few things I've noticed-

1) If you have two classes of goods and each are to be shipped via the same carrier, it's not possible to limit options offered by that carrier separately by product class (as I understand it anyhow).

i.e., my company has two kinds of products, we'll call them "Dry" and "Wet." Dry can be shipped any method, while Wet has to be shipped at least 2 Day Air. But since both are shipped FedEx and shipping methods are adjusted manually in the shipping module itself, the shipping options available to the customer are the same for each class of goods.

What I did to get around this is- I made a fedex2.php (basically a clone of fedex1.php) which I used for the Dry class, thereby allowing me to define different FedEx options for each class of goods.

If this is overkill please let me know.

2) The way the shipping modules (fedex at any rate) cut up the weight of different packages is funky. Instead of filling up one box, then moving onto the next box, filling it up, etc, it averages the weight over all the boxes. This is something I ran into a long time ago, and I believe someone told me how to fix it, but I don't quite remember. I'm going to go slogging through my old posts and see if I can find something, but if someone here has any ideas, please let me know.

Oh, and by the way-

THANK YOU

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Ztarr-

What is it that you're having trouble with? It is a very long process, it took me about 4 hours, but it can be done!

It might be too late for you to keep going tonight, depending on where you're at, but if you post specific problems I'm sure someone will help you out.

Stew

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Ok-

Is it possible to set up a product with free shipping? I tried setting up a new vendor category without installing a shipping module, but when I get to checkout_process.php the following error comes back:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/checkout_process.php on line 131

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/checkout_process.php:131) in /var/www/html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

This is how line 131 reads:

foreach ($shipping_array as $vendors_id => $shipping_data) {

It works as far as free shipping is concerned, the order is processed (cart is emptied and an order is generated in admin, visible on user's account page) and nothing is charged for shipping, but that error message is what you see instead of checkout_process.php.

???

Maybe it's just late and I should go to bed....

You should be able to set FedEx differently for each "Vendor." The modules use a separate group of settings by vendor_id. Try going to Manage in each vendor and changing the settings. If you still have problems with this,then there is probably a bug in the FedEx module. Please let us know and we'll take a shot at it.

As for free shipping, osCommerce uses a funky method of setting that, and MVS has never really worked with that. It tends to want to set the entire order to free when you only want one vendor. If you want to have certain products ship for free, set up the Flat module with a cost of $0 and use that for those products. I have a modified version of the Flat module for this purpose -- let me know if you need it.

Regards

Jim

You should be able to set FedEx differently for each "Vendor." The modules use a separate group of settings by vendor_id. Try going to Manage in each vendor and changing the settings. If you still have problems with this,then there is probably a bug in the FedEx module. Please let us know and we'll take a shot at it.

As for free shipping, osCommerce uses a funky method of setting that, and MVS has never really worked with that. It tends to want to set the entire order to free when you only want one vendor. If you want to have certain products ship for free, set up the Flat module with a cost of $0 and use that for those products. I have a modified version of the Flat module for this purpose -- let me know if you need it.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, I'll check it out. I should've thought of flat rate shipping...

BTW, has there been any advance on the customer checking out without paying for shipping problem? I saw that Sean Hawkes had this problem and the posted solution was

That bug should be fixed with this patch:

All changes are in includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php. First, find this code (line 84):

CODE

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) && (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest($vendor_id);

and replace it with:

CODE

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) ) )  $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest($vendor_id);

Next, find this code (line 186):

CODE

$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

and replace it with:

CODE

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ( $shipping == false || ( !isset($shipping['vendor'][$vendor_id]) ) ) ) )  $shipping['vendor'][$vendor_id] = $shipping_modules->cheapest($vendor_id);

I don't believe that this got into RC5. If it did, or if you still have problems after patching, please let us know.

Regards

Jim

I installed the patch and still have the same problem- it's actually very simple. All you have to do is not select a shipping method for any product, and you go through the checkout process without paying for shipping.

Of course you get

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/checkout_process.php on line 131

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/checkout_process.php:131) in /var/www/html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

at checkout_process.php, but the order still shows up in admin as a completed order.

I thought that the customer checkout problem had been solved. Do you have at least one shipping module installed and enabled for each vendor? Not having a valid shipping method is the only way that I know of that this can happen. If you have another way of making this occur, please give specific details so I can reproduce the problem.

Regards

Jim

I don't see any way to do this. Going to "Manage" allows you to install or remove any given module, but I don't see any way to change the shipping methods passed by the FedEx module. It is possible to do this with the UPS module, although we don't use UPS right now. Must be a problem with the FedEx module. My clone hack works fine.

I thought that the customer checkout problem had been solved. Do you have at least one shipping module installed and enabled for each vendor? Not having a valid shipping method is the only way that I know of that this can happen. If you have another way of making this occur, please give specific details so I can reproduce the problem.

Regards

Jim

As I said, all I do is go through the checkout process without selecting a shipping method. Currently there are two categories of products live on my site, each uses FedEx. I have two FedEx modules installed as I discussed earlier. On checkout_shipping.php, when going through the order process, I don't select any of the shipping options and just hit continue. The cart allows me to check out and a charge for shipping is never assessed.

It's past my bedtime, talk to you all tomorrow night....

Stew

That should not be possible, since all vendors should have a default shipping method selected. If your site is accessible, please give me a URL to take a look. You might want to send the info by PM or email -- my data is in my profile.

Oh, and the two copies of the FedEx module won't work unless you changed the constants in the code file to match. If the two files are the same their constants will overwrite.

Regards

Jim

That should not be possible, since all vendors should have a default shipping method selected. If your site is accessible, please give me a URL to take a look. You might want to send the info by PM or email -- my data is in my profile.

Oh, and the two copies of the FedEx module won't work unless you changed the constants in the code file to match. If the two files are the same their constants will overwrite.

Regards

Jim

I'll PM you- it's not my site, it's a company I work for.

The FedEx clone hack works fine as far as I can tell. I changed every appearance of "FEDEX1" to "FEDEX2" (in the clone module) and haven't had a problem. Before I did that, it didn't work very well. :) I did the same thing while using the old multiship contrib to clear up an apparent problem with trying to get more than one quote from the FedEx module at one time, it worked great.

Thanks for your help!!

I've checked, and you certainly do have the problem. Try removing the second FedEx module and using just one. You should be able to change the Vendor settings to have two different versions.

Your dry goods are not showing the options for 3-day and standard ground, which would again point to a problem with the modified second FedEx module. Again, see what happens when you remove it.

If non of this works, try using another module temporarily (e.g. Flat) for one of the shipping methods. If the problem goes away, we can determine that it is in the FedEx module. If it doesn't then it is elsewhere in the code.

Regards

Jim