• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Hmm.. I changed it to the following and am still getting the same error message (60):

$command = "".$curl_path." -k -d \"".addslashes($xmlRequest)."\" ".$url."";

~James

Got it now. I looked a little futher down in the file and uncommmented curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0); since cURL's in PHP. :)

~James

Edited by Majiks

Good job. I haven't had that problem, but the code for handling it was in there from the original module. Glad to know tht it works.

Don't forget to turn logging off, or the log file will get huge.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Good job. I haven't had that problem, but the code for handling it was in there from the original module. Glad to know tht it works.

Don't forget to turn logging off, or the log file will get huge.

Regards

Jim

Spoke too soon. It's working fine for Canadian origins with both domestic and International destinations, but is giving the following error for US based suppliers for domestic and International destinations:

10002: The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact Majik's eStore via Email.

I don't have time now to go back in and turn logging on again. So I've just disabled UPS for my US suppliers for now and will test it again with logging enabled later when I get a chance.

~James

Hi All,

I was just wondering if we can use this great contrib yet. You all have done such a wonderful job!

It is very close to a final release. We have worked out most of the bugs but one must still be prepared to do some updating when we find more. If you can install this on a test version of your store, it is HIGHLY recommended. This will enable you to become familiar with the various and many changes we are making to the core osCommerce files.

All of that said(or written I guess), it is relatively stable at this point, but more updates will be coming, you can count on that.

So, keep an eye out here for the final release, should be soon, I may be able to put in significant time on it this week, IF other things fall into place properly for me, I will complete what I expect to be the last release candidate.

Good luck!

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

It is very close to a final release. We have worked out most of the bugs but one must still be prepared to do some updating when we find more. If you can install this on a test version of your store, it is HIGHLY recommended. This will enable you to become familiar with the various and many changes we are making to the core osCommerce files.

All of that said(or written I guess), it is relatively stable at this point, but more updates will be coming, you can count on that.

So, keep an eye out here for the final release, should be soon, I may be able to put in significant time on it this week, IF other things fall into place properly for me, I will complete what I expect to be the last release candidate.

Good luck!

I can say I've been using MVS in my live store for some time now and have had no real issues with it. There were some minor tax and shipping issues, but those were resolved. I just need to figure out why the UPS (XML) module isn't working for US origins any more since switching hosts. :S

I highly recommend giving MVS a try. You may want to try an installation in a test environment before integrating in your live store though. MVS has made my life a whole hell of a lot easier. :D

~James

Edited by Majiks

Sorry, I forgot that you were using the XML version. For that, uncomment line 52:

? ? $this->logfile = '/var/www/html/3/vendor-files/upsxml.log';

Change the location string to whatever works for you and create a blank log file at the given location, then try to get a quote. The log file will contain the request sent to UPS and the response received (along with some other useful information.) If you have problems with figuring out the results, post the log file here and we'll take a look.

Regards

Jim

This is a question about the XML UPS contribution. I had no difficulty during the actual installation, but when it came time to test it, I received an error message. I have the access key, username and password name entered (and registered with UPS for the tools).

At the risk of sounding like the newbie I am, I do not quite understand what to do here. My PHP experience is very limited. To what filename are you referring? I am getting the same message:

** Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact The...**

I've looked over the posts, and have tried some of the suggestions, but to no avail. Can someone help me? While I've had great luck getting it all going so far, I'm stumped with this UPS XML module!

Thanks in advance...

UPS is a pain to get working sometimes. There are a lot of things that can go wrong. Try changing line 52 in the includes/modules/vendor_shipping/upsxml.php tp this:

$this->logfile = 'upsxml.log';

Then create a blank file and upload it to includes/modules/vendor_shipping/upsxml.log. Run a test order, at least as far as the checkout_shipping page, download the log file, and post the contents here (using the CODE tags, or we won't be able to see all of it.) That will give us a bit more information to work with.

Regards

Jim

UPS is a pain to get working sometimes. There are a lot of things that can go wrong. Try changing line 52 in the includes/modules/vendor_shipping/upsxml.php tp this:

? ? $this->logfile = 'upsxml.log';

Then create a blank file and upload it to includes/modules/vendor_shipping/upsxml.log. Run a test order, at least as far as the checkout_shipping page, download the log file, and post the contents here (using the CODE tags, or we won't be able to see all of it.) That will give us a bit more information to work with.

Regards

Jim

Jim, thanks for the prompt response. Just to be sure, here's the code I have at line 52:

$this->handling_fee = MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_HANDLING;

Is this the one I should change? Everything is backed up, so if I make a mistake, I can re-upload, no prob.

Also, I have the UPS XML module in 'Test' mode, not "Production'. Will this affect the results?

Jim, thanks for the prompt response. Just to be sure, here's the code I have at line 52:

$this->handling_fee = MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_HANDLING;

Is this the one I should change? Everything is backed up, so if I make a mistake, I can re-upload, no prob.

Also, I have the UPS XML module in 'Test' mode, not "Production'. Will this affect the results?

Okay, I've just shown my total lack of experience! *S* I don't have the file to which you are referring. Where would I find it so that I can make your suggested revisions?

Sorry about that.

Okay, I've just shown my total lack of experience! *S* I don't have the file to which you are referring. Where would I find it so that I can make your suggested revisions?

Sorry about that.

Don't worry about it.

The file you are looking at is the STANDARD UPSXML file for a STANDARD osCommerce install. The file Jim was referring to is a highly customized version for use with the Multi-Vendor Shipping contribution we have written for osCommerce.

So if you do not have MVS installed on your system then I would guess you found this thread from a search for "UPSXML" or something of the sort.

The forum for the standard UPSXML is: UPSXML Support

If you are still in need of help, come back and we will see what we can do.

Good Luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Okay, I've seen alot about the MVS contribution. I didn't find the answer I needed in the thread you provided. I also don't have enough programming knowledge to do anything but make it worse!

Can you tell me about the MVS UPS download? Is it something I should be looking at - let me rephrase - is it something that can be installed by a relative newbie, or is it best left alone?

BTW, thanks for the prompt responses - much appreciated.

Okay, I've seen alot about the MVS contribution. I didn't find the answer I needed in the thread you provided. I also don't have enough programming knowledge to do anything but make it worse!

Can you tell me about the MVS UPS download? Is it something I should be looking at - let me rephrase - is it something that can be installed by a relative newbie, or is it best left alone?

BTW, thanks for the prompt responses - much appreciated.

Ok, well, MVS is a rather involved install. However, as a group, we have ended up with pretty detailed installation instructions. So, I don't think that would be your biggest concern.

MVS is designed to completely change the way osCommerce handles shipping quotes, for the customer and the store owner. The idea is that you can create "Vendors" or even consider them warehouses, products from Vendor A can only ship via UPS, so you can set that up exactly, per product. Vendor B ships from FedEx, UPS, and you want to use the "Table" module. NO problem. You can set that up. Not only different shippers, but the ability to set up different "ship from" locations to get the quotes. The default in osC is to use the stores zipcode and address as the "ship from" address for ALL quotes. MVS changes all of this. So if you think you can benefit from these features, maybe you should consider installing MVS. If all of this would do you no good, then don't, it is a fair amount of work to install. But OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! is it nice to have it now.

What do ya think?

Craig :thumbsup:

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Well, I've spent quite a bit of time on this, so the work doesn't bother me. I just want it to function properly, and the extras sound great.

Here's my concern: I have a certificate for security and I don't know if the hosting company will run any additional items/plug ins/API's (whatever) that may be needed. Is any of this a problem, and if not, what's next??

Well, I've spent quite a bit of time on this, so the work doesn't bother me. I just want it to function properly, and the extras sound great.

Here's my concern: I have a certificate for security and I don't know if the hosting company will run any additional items/plug ins/API's (whatever) that may be needed. Is any of this a problem, and if not, what's next??

I doubt any of that would be a concern, but this does remind me that I was not able to use the UPSXL module at my old host. This could be your problem with that particular module. I never really did find out EXACTLY what the problem was, but it would not work. Beyond that, there really isn't much more to do other than install MVS. I suggest you install it on a TEST version of your store first. There are a lot of files with many changes to be made. But there is nothing overly special about how MVS works, no custom API's or additional processes. Just different PHP code to do things in a different way than a stock osCommerce shipping setup.

So, good luck, and if you decide to install MVS, let us know what you think when you are done, we want all the feedback we can get.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

OK. I've finally had a chance to get the newest release installed. Looks great! I started with one of my test stores and then moved it to my live store. So far so good.

I did find two problems though.

The first one is with the UPS module. When a customer registers, no matter how they enter their state, OSCommerce stores it fully spelled out. The UPS module wants the state as a two letter ISO code. UPS will not return a quote if both origin and destination addresses do not include a 2 letter state code. Solution, for testing anyway, has been to go into customer information and change the state to the 2 letter state code and OSC seems to be OK with it. Other modules, so far aren't affected by this.

The second problem is with the UPSXML module. After installing this release, and trying to go into Manage Vendors, I got an error about UPSXML.DOC not being found. I don't use the UPSXML module so I just removed it. Problem solved, for me.

Excellent work. This contribution not only makes (retail) life a lot easier. It will save me a lot of wasted income due to shipping cost errors.

Thanks again,

Rick Knight

P.S. Jim, Craig, I have a completely unrelated HTML forms/PHP problem/question. Can I ask one of you via PM?

The UPS module is supposed to translate the state name into the two-letter code. I'll take a look at that as soon as I get a chance.

UPSXML.DOC? That's the first I've heard of that. There is an xmldocument.php class file that should be in includes/classes and admin/includes/classes. Perhaps it was complaining about one of those. I think that we probably need to make UPSXML an optional install. There's no need to keep two different UPS modules in the main install.

Feel free to ask any questions you want. I'll answer if I know anything about it.

Regards

Jim

The first one is with the UPS module. When a customer registers, no matter how they enter their state,  OSCommerce stores it fully spelled out. The UPS module wants the state as a two letter ISO code. UPS will not return a quote if both origin and destination addresses do not include a 2 letter state code. Solution, for testing anyway, has been to go into customer information and change the state to the 2 letter state code and OSC seems to be OK with it. Other modules, so far aren't affected by this.

Oops!

This problem is with the Fedex1 module, not UPS. My mistake.

Thanks,

RickKnight

OK. I've finally had a chance to get the newest release installed. Looks great! I started with one of my test stores and then moved it to my live store. So far so good.

I did find two problems though.

The first one is with the UPS module. When a customer registers, no matter how they enter their state,  OSCommerce stores it fully spelled out. The UPS module wants the state as a two letter ISO code. UPS will not return a quote if both origin and destination addresses do not include a 2 letter state code. Solution, for testing anyway, has been to go into customer information and change the state to the 2 letter state code and OSC seems to be OK with it. Other modules, so far aren't affected by this.

The second problem is with the UPSXML module. After installing this release, and trying to go into Manage Vendors, I got an error about UPSXML.DOC not being found. I don't use the UPSXML module so I just removed it. Problem solved, for me.

Excellent work. This contribution not only makes (retail) life a lot easier. It will save me a lot of wasted income due to shipping cost errors.

Thanks again,

Rick Knight

P.S. Jim, Craig, I have a completely unrelated HTML forms/PHP problem/question. Can I ask one of you via PM?

Fire away Rick, if I can help I will.

The UPSXML issue is this:

line 23 in catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php

require ('includes/classes/xmldocument.php');

I did not include that file in the directory structure. Will be corrected in the next releaese.

You later stated the state error is in the fedex1.php file, we'll get that fixed. It is defined, but apparently not quite properly. It is

$order->delivery['zone_id']

from the $order class.

I'll get into it as soon as I can.

Thanks again Rick, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I have been trying to get this installed on a test site. I have many mods, so merging the code into the catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php has become a real problem. I don't know where to begin. The very first change is not even in my file. There is so much there and it is all split up, I don't know that much about php.

Could someone please look at it for me? Email me at [email protected] and I will email the file.

Thanks so very much,

kat

Hi,

Thanks for this wonderful contribution, I have been looking for something like this for some time now. I have installed both the catalog and the admin sides without any fatal errors. However I do have one problem, I have succesfully created two vendors but when I try to "manage" the shipping options there is no option to install any of the modules, a picture is worth a thousand words so I included a few screenshots. I also do not see the UPS module.

Thanks for the help,

Marc

vendor_manager.gif