• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I've been watching the development of this contribution with much anticipation for months. Great work!

I saw a post saying that it was released. Is it ready to install in a live store now?

I'm also waiting with baited breath. This mod is going to solve a lot of problems for me. :)

One question and/or suggestion.

Will it be possible to specify shipping type for individual items?

For example, I want to use a vendor that supplies perishable food items. Some can ship UPS Ground, but certain items require Overnight shipment.

Thanks to all who are working on this!

tigerlady1: No, the code is not quite finished. We still have some work to do in the backend (Invoice, Packing Slip, and the email confirmation.) Craig is working on these. We should have a final release fairly soon.

BluesCat: Yes that can be done. What you would do is set up the vendor twice: once for the items that can ship ground, and another for those that must ship overnight. Then you can assign products according to the needed shipping method.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim,

One more question ... :)

Can an order be split after payment is received to email orders to the appropriate vendors?

Again, thanks to everyone who is working on this!!!

Yes the orders can be emailed to each Vendor seperately, this functionality already exists in the code, it has been a part of this project for me the entire time. See my link for "Vendor Email" in my signature for more info on that, it was my first contribution aimed at Vendor management. Keep an eye out here as we should soon have another release with more updates.

Enjoy! Craig :)

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Finally. A week and a half after your release, and I finally have time to test it. Looks great so far. I've been able to get this new MVS integrated into my heavily modded test store without too much trouble. In fact the only problem so far is in ~/catalog/admin/categories.php, in adding a new product or modifying an existing item, the vendor name list box shows up and contains my vendor list, but the vendor name is not added to the products table. I have not yet looked at the additions to categories.php for typos, I'll be doing that tonight.

Also, can I put any shipping module into the new modules directory or do the modules needs some editing for this contrib? Do I need to remove the standard shipping modules in favor of the modules in the new location?

Excellent work so far.

Thanks,

Rick Knight

Finally. A week and a half after your release, and I finally have time to test it. Looks great so far. I've been able to get this new MVS integrated into my heavily modded test store without too much trouble. In fact the only problem so far is in ~/catalog/admin/categories.php, in adding a new product or modifying an existing item, the vendor name list box shows up and contains my vendor list, but the vendor name is not added to the products table. I have not yet looked at the additions to categories.php for typos, I'll be doing that tonight.

Also, can I put any shipping module into the new modules directory or do the modules needs some editing for this contrib? Do I need to remove the standard shipping modules in favor of the modules in the new location?

Excellent work so far.

Thanks,

Rick Knight

Glad you were able to get to it Rick, I've been wondering when we would hear from you.

We will be releasing good documentation for all the code changes, but that part is VERY time consuming. So, in the meantime, good luck with your edits until then. The ship modules that are included are the only ones available at this point. Each module needs fairly heavy modification in order to function with this system. I have begun working on the FexEx Direct module and will hopefully be able to release that with the next update that will include accurate invoice and packing slips, an order receipt for the customer, and perhaps a few more tidbits I hope to finish. Stay tuned! And thanks, Jim did a heck of a job with the class coding, it was kicking my butte! But he got it, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Craig,

I've run into a problem. Hope you can point me in the right direction. I've got all the new MVS code integrated into my shop, found a couple of typos and corrected them. Everything looks right, except in checkout. Your new shipping modules are not being called. The shipping info is still being pulled from the standard shipping modules. Can you tell me where the new shipping modules are called?

The ship modules that are included are the only ones available at this point. Each module needs fairly heavy modification in order to function with this system.

I use a diferrent USPS module than what you've modified for MVS, so I'm going to be poking around in it some today to see if I can get it to work with MVS. I'll let you knw if I have any good results.

Thanks again,

Rick Knight

Rick

The modules are called by the new vendor_shipping class. Make sure that this class is instantiated at the top of checkout_shipping.php, checkout_confirmation.php, and checkout_process.php. Also make certain that SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING is set to 'true' in your database. I can't think of anything else that would do this, but there may well be something. Please let us know how you do with this.

I have written an instruction sheet on modifying modules. I need to make a couple of fixes and then I'll post it in the Contribution area. This may help you in modifying another module. I'd be interested in knowing how you do with that as well.

Regards

Jim

Craig,

I've run into a problem. Hope you can point me in the right direction. I've got all the new MVS code integrated into my shop, found a couple of typos and corrected them. Everything looks right, except in checkout. Your new shipping modules are not being called. The shipping info is still being pulled from the standard shipping modules. Can you tell me where the new shipping modules are called?

I use a diferrent USPS module than what you've modified for MVS, so I'm going to be poking around in it some today to see if I can get it to work with MVS. I'll let you knw if I have any good results.

Thanks again,

Rick Knight

Hmmmm...

The shipping class file calls each module from the "catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping", so there is no possibility that the class would call a regular shipping module. Did you add the modules from this directory into your "modules/shipping" dir instead of copying the entire "vendors_shipping" directory into the "modules" directory? That is the only possibility that I can think of. Also, since you had to code the modifications youself, double check that you did not change any of the paths being used. I will try to think of any other possibilities, let me know if you get it working, Craig. :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I have updated the version on the Contribution page. This release adds the instructions for modifying a module. It also includes fixes for a bug in the shipping modules. All files are included, but the only new files for this release are the shipping modules and modules.txt.

Regards

Jim

For any of you using this code, please check your checkout_process.php for the following code (near line 50):

$shipping_modules = new shipping($shipping);

It appears that some of the released files were missing the ($shipping) part. This error would cause the shipping information to be saved to the database incorrectly, or not at all. The revised code will be added to the next release.

Regards

Jim

Also make certain that SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING is set to 'true' in your database.

Thanks Guys, that was the problem, and I also somehow managed to not copy vendors_shipping.php. Ooops.

Everything appears correct except that I cannot get a UPS or USPS rate. Table and Flat work fine but UPS gives nothing and USPS returns this message

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I also used Jim's instructions for modifying shipping modules to modify my existing USPS module, but I get the same results. I've checked my configuration for UPS/USPS account information and rate selection, everything is correct. Any Idea why two modules work and two don't?

I have written an instruction sheet on modifying modules. I need to make a couple of fixes and then I'll post it in the Contribution area. This may help you in modifying another module. I'd be interested in knowing how you do with that as well.

Jim. This worked great. Easy to fillow even though there are a lot of changes that need to be made.

Also, at the bottom of shopping_cart.php you have the following code...

<?php
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'show_variables.php');
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

I don't have a "show_variables.php" so I commented that line out. Is it needed for something?

Thank again,

Rick Knight

Rick: Glad to hear that you got most of the issues solved.

I don't know what's happening with the UPS and USPS modules. Both of these modules get their quotes from an external source, while the other modules are strictly internal to the module. I'm guessing that something that I changed has interfered with the call to the external server for quotes. I need to spend some time looking at the data feeds to see if I can figure this one out.

I'm pleased that you were able to follow my modification instructions. There's a lot to do, and a cookbook approach is impossible, so it was hard to know if I could convey the information. Now if it just works for modules I haven't seen yet.

The show_variables.php is an oops. I use that code to display all of the variables being passed to another page. It's purely test code, and it should have been deleted. You're welcome to the code file, provided that you really want to see what osCommerce is passing along. It's instructive if you're making massive modifications to the checkout process, but not much good for anything else. I'll remove that from the next release.

Thanks for the bug reports. I appreciate all the work that you are putting into this.

Regards

Jim

Hi All,

I don't know if this is a bug or something I've done or didn't do. I receive the warning below when trying to remove the USPS shipping module.

Warning: Missing argument 1 for keys() in /home/gtrmall/public_html/thetoolshed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php on line 190

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gtrmall/public_html/thetoolshed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php:190) in /home/gtrmall/public_html/thetoolshed/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 43

Great Mod! Keep up the great work!

James

That's a real bug. Change line 187 of usps.php to this:

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys($vendors_id)) . "')");

This error also occurs in the Flat and Item modules, and the solution is identical. This will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the bug report.

Regards

Jim

I've found the problem with the UPS quotes. In admin/vendor_modules.php, find the following (starting at line 20):

switch ($action) {
     case 'save':
       while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

and add the following immediately after:

if( is_array( $value ) ) $value = implode( ", ", $value);

You should also make this addition in admin/modules.php (If you have not already done so.) Once you have made these changes, go to your admin panel, edit the UPS module, change (or restore) your Shipping Methods, and save the changes.

Now to figure out what's wrong with the pesky USPS module....

Regards

Jim

Hi Again,

In the catalog/shopping_cart.php line 248 there's a " require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'show_variables.php'); " file, are we missing the show_variables.php file or should we just commit it out?

Thanks James

I've found the problem with the UPS quotes. In admin/vendor_modules.php, find the following (starting at line 20):

Thanks Jim, this fixed the UPS quotes for me.

Something I've noticed though, in Admin>Vendors>Vendor Manager>Manage the Sort Order doesn't show, probably a very minor issue. Also, with the USPS module the USPS Options just show "array". Same with USPS Domestic Shipping Methods, just shows "array". I can edit the module, but when I save the changes, it stills shows "array", not the actual Options and Rates. Could that have something to do with the quote not working? I noticed that when the UPS module didn't work it had the same symptom, but now that I've applied your fix, the rates show correctly.

Thanks again,

Rick Knight

James: Yes, that was test code that I accidentally left in. Please delete it. Unless you really want to see several pages of arcane data that's relevant to the checkout process, in which case I'll post the code for you.

Rick: I think that's part of the problem. I just found a bug in the way the Vendors table stores the vendor's country, which the USPS module uses. Once I fix that, the options definitely need to get fixed. Then we'll see if anything else is messed up. At least we're making progress.

Thanks to both of you for the bug reports.

Regards

Jim

It would be possible to modify the code to do this. The shipping has already been calculated at that point, so you'd not be able to change the order. If that would work, we can add this to the wish list.

Regards

Jim

It would be possible to modify the code to do this. The shipping has already been calculated at that point, so you'd not be able to change the order. If that would work, we can add this to the wish list.

Regards

Jim

I am using the order editor and other mods for revising the orders, so if I could still use such functionality that would work just fine.

Thanks,

Uli

I am using the order editor and other mods for revising the orders, so if I could still use such functionality that would work just fine. 

Thanks,

Uli

The order editor may be broken after installing this, however, I have plans to modify it to work with this system. As far as manually sending orders to the given Vendor, that functionality is already in the code. By manually updating the order status to what is currently "processing" in osC, the order email will go if it is turned on for the Vendors involved in that order. There is going to be more done with this once we complete the code for this, a major update to the VendorEmail portion of this package. You can read more about the Vendor Email by checking the link in my signature or by checking the thread, Vendor Auto Email. That entire contribution is built into this already, so you can do what you are asking about now, sort of. More options will come, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

The order editor may be broken after installing this, however, I have plans to modify it to work with this system. As far as manually sending orders to the given Vendor, that functionality is already in the code. By manually updating the order status to what is currently "processing" in osC, the order email will go if it is turned on for the Vendors involved in that order. There is going to be more done with this once we complete the code for this, a major update to the VendorEmail portion of this package. You can read more about the Vendor Email by checking the link in my signature or by checking the thread, Vendor Auto Email. That entire contribution is built into this already, so you can do what you are asking about now, sort of. More options will come, Craig :)

I looked at your vendor email contribution before and would like to implement it but I thought I wait until MVS is released. I thought you would implement Vendor Email into this Multi Vendor Shipping contrib and I worried that there might be problems with MVS if I implement VE. So, if there are no problems to expect, I will probably implement VE.

Thanks guys you are great!

Uli