• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Hey you guys, I had noticed this before but thought we had dealt with it at some point, so I was looking through all my development sites and sure enough, it never got fixed. So this is another bug to be squashed.

Adding it to the list.

Craig :)

Well, just a quick look and this is working on my test site:

checkout_shipping.php, starting at line 14:

change

require('includes/application_top.php');
 require('includes/classes/http_client.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

to

require('includes/application_top.php');
 require('includes/classes/http_client.php');

if (tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_unregister('shipping');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

This seems to be working just fine on my test site with multiple shipping options and multiple vendors. It resets the session such that the "cheapest" will be selected again. It really should be saved to the option that was selected the first time but this is a start.

What this means to me is that we actually need to interpret the posted "shipping" variable, which is not the same name as the "field" name anymore.

It's a start anyway, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello,

I just installed MVS on the admin side, and went to see how it turned out, but when I refreshed I received this error:

1146 - Table 'aodfan_aodfan.TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION

[TEP STOP]

This is the code in application_top.php, that I believe it is refering to:

//MVS Start
// set the vendor shipping constants
 $vendor_configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as  cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' .  TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION);
while ($vendor_configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($vendor_configuration_query)) {
  define($vendor_configuration['cfgKey'], $vendor_configuration['cfgValue']);
}
//MVS End

Can anyone tell me why it is saying this even though I have ran the sql in phpmyadmin and have verified that that table exists?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I just installed MVS on the admin side, and went to see how it turned out, but when I refreshed I received this error:

1146 - Table 'aodfan_aodfan.TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION

[TEP STOP]

This is the code in application_top.php, that I believe it is refering to:

//MVS Start
// set the vendor shipping constants
 $vendor_configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as  cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' .  TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION);
while ($vendor_configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($vendor_configuration_query)) {
  define($vendor_configuration['cfgKey'], $vendor_configuration['cfgValue']);
}
//MVS End

Can anyone tell me why it is saying this even though I have ran the sql in phpmyadmin and have verified that that table exists?

Thanks in advance.

The instructions for the admin installation have an error. In admin/includes/database_tables.php:

============================================
Add After Line 57 and before the closing ?>

//MVS Start
define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_VENDOR', 'Vendor');
define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Qty');
define('TABLE_HEADING_VENDORS_SHIP', 'Shipper');
define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Method');
define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_COST', 'Ship Cost');
define('VENDOR_ORDER_SENT', 'Order Sent to ');
//MVS End

it should be:

Add After Line 57 and before the closing ?>

//MVS start
 define('TABLE_VENDORS', 'vendors');
 define('TABLE_VENDORS_INFO', 'vendors_info');
 define('TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION', 'vendor_configuration');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING', 'orders_shipping');
 define('TABLE_PACKAGING', 'packaging');
  //MVS end

Sorry about that, it has been discussed here several times before, please search the thread before posting so we don't have to keep reposting these types of things.

I am trying to finish the updates for the next version, but keep getting pulled away.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

What this means to me is that we actually need to interpret the posted "shipping" variable, which is not the same name as the "field" name anymore.

I was thinking of something like this in includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php to keep the JavaScript/CSS working properly. Currently the code that checks whether to set the class as "moduleRowSelected" is

if ($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) {
			$checked = true;
			}

if ( ($checked == true) || ($n == 1 && $n2 == 1) ) {

So I've tried a number of things such as

if (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) || (isset($_POST[$quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id']]))) {
			$checked = true;
			}

and

$checked = false;
		if (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) || ((isset($_POST['shipping_' . $vendor_id])) && ($_POST['shipping_' . $vendor_id == $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] . '_' . $shipping_tax]))) {
			$checked = true;
			}

But none of them has worked. Basically, I can't figure out what the posted variable is here. Am I just looking at it wrong or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I was thinking of something like this in includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php to keep the JavaScript/CSS working properly. Currently the code that checks whether to set the class as "moduleRowSelected" is
if ($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) {
			$checked = true;
			}

So I've tried a number of things such as

if (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) || (isset($_POST[$quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id']]))) {
			$checked = true;
			}

and

$checked = false;
		if (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) || ((isset($_POST['shipping_' . $vendor_id])) && ($_POST['shipping_' . $vendor_id == $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] . '_' . $shipping_tax]))) {
			$checked = true;
			}

But none of them has worked. Basically, I can't figure out what the posted variable is here. Am I just looking at it wrong or am I barking up the wrong tree?

You will need to interpret the "shipping" array:

//MVS - added insert for new orders_shipping table
  if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {
	$shipping_array = $shipping['vendor'];
 foreach ($shipping_array as $vendors_id => $shipping_data) {
$vendors_query = tep_db_query("select vendors_name
							   from " . TABLE_VENDORS . "
							   where vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'"
							 );
$vendors_name = 'Unknown';
if ($vendors = tep_db_fetch_array($vendors_query)) {
  $vendors_name = $vendors['vendors_name'];
}
			$shipping_method_array = explode ('_', $shipping_data['id']);
			if ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'fedex1') {
					$shipping_method = 'Federal Express';
					} elseif ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'upsxml') {
					$shipping_method = 'UPS';
					} elseif ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'usps') {
					$shipping_method = 'USPS';
					} else {
				$shipping_method = $shipping_method_array[0];
				}

This is from checkout_process.php, where the array is broken down for the database insert, one would have to use a method similar to this in order to get the data properly for comparison I think. Hope this helps a bit, I don't have the time right now to get into this too much, but I may have more time later this week if you don't find it.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Has anyone else using UPSXML with packaging/dimensions on experienced this problem? With packaging/dimensions off all is fine.

Craig,

What is happening is I have two vendors using UPSXML I order one item from each vendor at 40lbs each. There is no lbs limit set in either vendor. So I should get one package from each vendor at 40lbs each.

This is an example of what I am getting

Products

VapoChill LightSpeed [AC] Black

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order. All shipping methods include insurance. Please Select

Flat Rate

Best Way $5.00

Per Item

Best Way $2.50

United Parcel Service (XML) (2 pkg(s), 80 lbs total)

UPS Ground, 2006-10-17 $23.36

UPS 3 Day Select $54.98

UPS 2nd Day Air $72.46

UPS Next Day Air, 2006-10-17 $120.46

Zone Rates

No shipping available to the selected country

Products

VapoChill LightSpeed [AC]

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order. All shipping methods include insurance. Please Select

Flat Rate

Best Way $5.00

Free Shipping

Economy (9 - 14 Days) $0.00

United Parcel Service (XML) (6 pkg(s), 80 lbs total)

UPS Ground, 2006-10-17 $70.08

UPS 3 Day Select $164.94

UPS 2nd Day Air $217.38

UPS Next Day Air, 2006-10-17

As you can see each vendor has double the weight it should be 40lbs each and one package each.

TIA

Terry

You will need to interpret the "shipping" array:

This is from checkout_process.php, where the array is broken down for the database insert, one would have to use a method similar to this in order to get the data properly for comparison I think. Hope this helps a bit, I don't have the time right now to get into this too much, but I may have more time later this week if you don't find it.

Ok, so if I print_r ($shipping['vendor']); I get

Array
(
[1] => Array
	(
		[id] => flat_flat
		[title] => Best Way
		[ship_tax] => 0
		[products] => Array
			(
				[0] => 27
				[1] => 1{4}1{3}5
			)

[cost] => 5
	)

[4] => Array
	(
		[id] => item_item
		[title] => Best Way
		[ship_tax] => 0
		[products] => Array
			(
				[0] => 15
			)

[cost] => 2.5
	)

)

But if I then

echo $shipping[$i]['vendor'][$j]['title'];

or

echo $shipping['vendor']['title'];

I get nothing.

So I thought I needed some way to sort out these arrays so I used

foreach ($shipping_array as $vendors_id => $shipping_info) {
			//  echo ($shipping_data['title']);
			 }
	   $checked = false;
		if (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) || (($shipping_info['title'] ==  $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['title']) && ($shipping_info['id'] == $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id']) )) {
			$checked = true;
			}

But this only works correctly for the last vendor (ie if you select Flat Rate for Vendor 1 and Per Item for Vendor 2 and come back to checkout_shipping.php from checkout_confirmation.php, Per Item will be selected for both vendors).

My head hurts.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

But this only works correctly for the last vendor (ie if you select Flat Rate for Vendor 1 and Per Item for Vendor 2 and come back to checkout_shipping.php from checkout_confirmation.php, Per Item will be selected for both vendors).

I think this is the closest I've come:

// set the radio button to be checked if it is the method chosen
	  if (is_array($shipping['vendor'])) {
		  $checked = false;
					$shipping_dmz = $shipping_info['id'];
					$shipping_trp = $shipping_info['title'];

if (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping_dmz) && ($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['title'] == $shipping_trp) ) $checked = true;

} //end foreach
		} else {
		$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);
			} //end if is_array($shipping_vendor)

Sometimes it's the simple things that you miss:

// set the radio button to be checked if it is the method chosen
	  if (is_array($shipping['vendor'])) {
		  $checked = false;
					$shipping_dmz = $shipping_info['id'];
					$shipping_trp = $shipping_info['title'];

if (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping_dmz) && ($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['title'] == $shipping_trp) && ($vendors_id == $vendor_id) ) $checked = true;

} //end foreach
		} else {
		$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);
			} //end if is_array($shipping_vendor)

I think it works. Test it out!

Cheers

Stew

Please excuse my obvious lack of searching, but I'm in a bit of a rush... Due to my vendors "quality control", I've found it best to either pickup myself (so I can inspect the product) or have them ship to me.

Anyways, I need to UNINSTALL the MVS mod I added earlier this year. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA

Please excuse my obvious lack of searching, but I'm in a bit of a rush... Due to my vendors "quality control", I've found it best to either pickup myself (so I can inspect the product) or have them ship to me.

Anyways, I need to UNINSTALL the MVS mod I added earlier this year. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA

If MVS was installed correctly, you will only need to turn it off. In the Admin: Configuration->Shipping/Packaging, set each MVS option to "false" or "no" and all should be fine. If you have trouble, you could go back to straight osC files and re-install whatever else you have, or you could replace the effected files with your backups if you have them from when you installed MVS. You would not necessarily have to do anything on the admin side, just don't use the Vendor related stuff. As long as you don't delete the vendor relate tables in the database, there would be zero hinderance to the functionality of the Admin. Once MVS is turned off, the orders page and order data should go back to standard osC stuff.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /hsphere/local/home2/aodfan/alteredmotorsports.com/catalog/checkout_shipping.php on line 59

I just installed the catalog side and get this when I go to checkout. This is what is on that line:

<?php------line 59
//MVS start
 if (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 0 || SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {
?>

Any help would be appreciated :) Thanks

I'm experiencing a site melt-down when trying to check out with a large number of products in the shopping cart.

With MVS installed and using UPS XML if the shipping quote request involves more than 20 boxes I get a 500 Internal Server Error (the server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request) when trying to checkout with checkout_shipping.php.

Of course that is an absurd number of boxes to quote for but still I don't think this should be happening. Is there some limit to the number of boxes that the UPS XML module and/or MVS can quote for?

Edited by djmonkey1

EasyPopulate has been modified to work with MVS(MVS started with VendorAutomatic Email), I have not looked at that for a while(other than using it myself) but should do the job just fine(the one that says for VendorAutoEmail), there is a copy of it in the MVS_Options download as well as on the EP contrib page.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of the appropriate contrib to download? Just trying to integrate Easy Populate & MVS and am not certain which file is correct....... the list is overwhelming!

Additionally, I will need to know if there is a separate contrib for integrating the two [i.e., adding the MVS-specific data fields], or if this is something I must work out on my own.

Thanks in advance!

Could anyone point me in the right direction of the appropriate contrib to download? Just trying to integrate Easy Populate & MVS and am not certain which file is correct....... the list is overwhelming!

Additionally, I will need to know if there is a separate contrib for integrating the two [i.e., adding the MVS-specific data fields], or if this is something I must work out on my own.

Thanks in advance!

The file labeled MVS Options has the EP package included. In the EP contrib, it is the one labeled "VendorAutoEmail".

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /hsphere/local/home2/aodfan/alteredmotorsports.com/catalog/checkout_shipping.php on line 59

I just installed the catalog side and get this when I go to checkout. This is what is on that line:

<?php------line 59
//MVS start
 if (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 0 || SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {
?>

Any help would be appreciated :) Thanks

Would anyone know what is happening here?

Hi Folks! Great contribution here, thanks to all who created it.

I have an issue with the shipping feature.... here is my problem.

I want to charge a PERCENTAGE of the cart total for my shipping. I've used a contribution

to calculate the percentage (shown below) but there is a problem when using it with MVS.

The problem is that if somebody buys a product from Vendor A ... AND ...

another product from Vendor B, then the percentage shipping is added TWICE. Not good.

My $order_total needs to be the total from Vendor A, and then the next pass needs to be from Vendor B.

How do I do this?

Here is the bad code snippet from my new percent.php

function quote($method = '') {

global $order, $cart, $shipping_weight, $shipping_num_boxes;

$order_total = $cart->show_total(); // !!!!! I think this line needs to be corrected to work with MVS

$percent_cost = split("[:,]" , MODULE_SHIPPING_PERCENT_COST);

$size = sizeof($percent_cost);

for ($i=0, $n=$size; $i<$n; $i+=2) {

if ($order_total <= $percent_cost[$i]) {

// Calculate the percentage of the order total

$shipping = ($order_total * ($percent_cost[$i+1] / 100));

break;

}

}

I hope some kind soul will help! :(

Thanks!

Edited by phi148

James: I can't tell for certain without looking at the preceding lines, but I would say that you are already in a PHP block. If so, delete line 59 and you should be fine.

Bill: Try replacing that line with

$order_total = $cart->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'];

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

James: I can't tell for certain without looking at the preceding lines, but I would say that you are already in a PHP block. If so, delete line 59 and you should be fine.

Bill: Try replacing that line with

$order_total = $cart->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'];

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim!!! I'll give it a shot!! :D :D

I'm experiencing a site melt-down when trying to check out with a large number of products in the shopping cart.

With MVS installed and using UPS XML if the shipping quote request involves more than 20 boxes I get a 500 Internal Server Error (the server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request) when trying to checkout with checkout_shipping.php.

Of course that is an absurd number of boxes to quote for but still I don't think this should be happening. Is there some limit to the number of boxes that the UPS XML module and/or MVS can quote for?

And here I thought someone would be intrigued by this.... :)

I am intrigued Stew, just hadn't had the chance to encourage you into working it out and telling us what you find! LOL

This could easily be your host configuration, script time limits to control processor usage. The code iteself does go through quite a few loops for each box, but really shouldn't be a problem.

Have you tested this in a more controlled environment(a home/personal/local server)? It could also be someting from UPS. I am not aware of any limits from them, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Would anyone know what is happening here?

Paste 4 or five more lines from in front of and after this block. That error usually comes when a "php tag" (<?php) has not been closed and another has been added.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I'm intrigued as well, but I'm also buried under a huge pile of similarly intriguing bugs that I'm getting paid to fix. If I can figure out how to fix them, that is.

I suspect UPS here. The UPS server may just be too slow in responding and the process hits the PHP time limit. I would need to know if you are getting an error message and what it says to do any more. You should turn on logging in the UPSXML module and see what UPS is sending back (if anything.)

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi All!!

First let me say sorry for not having good luck searching... I'm still new here. I'm sure this question has been asked before, but here goes :

Does anyone have the code that integrates MVS with Paypal IPN Version 1.3 ??

Thanks!!

I'm intrigued as well, but I'm also buried under a huge pile of similarly intriguing bugs that I'm getting paid to fix. If I can figure out how to fix them, that is.

I suspect UPS here. The UPS server may just be too slow in responding and the process hits the PHP time limit. I would need to know if you are getting an error message and what it says to do any more. You should turn on logging in the UPSXML module and see what UPS is sending back (if anything.)

Regards

Jim

The timeout in the module is set to '30' but it never takes more than 10 seconds to get the 500 error. All I ever see on the screen is this:

<H1>Internal Server Error</H1>

The server encountered an internal error or

misconfiguration and was unable to complete

your request.<P>

Please contact the server administrator,

webmaster@ and inform them of the time the error occurred,

and anything you might have done that may have

caused the error.<P>

More information about this error may be available

in the server error log.<P>

<HR>

<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.31 Server at www..com Port 443</ADDRESS>

I turned on logging and it looks great to me- the document requests the proper number of boxes and gets a response, not an error, back from UPS. Comparing the results for a cart that returned a 500 error and one that didn't look the same to me.

I have found that the 20 box limit isn't hard and fast. Sometimes you can get through with more than 20 boxes, sometimes not.

Edited by djmonkey1