• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Firstly, sorry if these questions have already been asked, I have been looking into this for a little under a week now and haven't been able to find anything dealing with these issues exactly. - So, HUGE thanks to anyone who responds to this!

Is there support for MVS (another contribution that works alongside this, or an expansion/update) that allows each individual vendor to log in to osCommerce and process the orders that have been made to them only? So basically the same functionality as the order editor that comes with the core version of osCommerce, but only dealing with their own orders?

Also, is there support for MVS to detect which Vendor recieves the order, based on a variable (eg. determine if the customers postcode is in list A, B, C or none, and then send the order to Vendor A, B, C or a default vendor.)

Much appreciation for any responses :)

I have been digging around and it seems like there are lots of problems with the USPS module. I didn't find reference of it ever being fixed. Does anyone have a valid & working USPS module? It seems like nothing in the MVS one works proprely aside from it storing the user ID and password - the password of which appears is no longer needed. I have spent a while now hacking away at it trying to get it to function to simply provide a quote but with no success. Need to add this as a shipping option for things being stocked locally. Anyone have a working module they can share?

Thanks!

Edited by iofast

I noticed in April that some people here were working on a Zone module to work with States for zones rather then countries. Is this module available yet? If not does anyone have any suggestions on how to create shipping rates for each state or groups of states?

Thanks for any help.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I've done a modified zones module that will work with states as well as countries.

I'll upload to the contributions section.

Best regards,

Paul.

Hey All,

I got USPS working. I had to call them and switch me to production as for some reason my account wouldnt work on the testing servers. Anyhow - has anyone converted the USPS module by Alastair Young on 1/20/2005 to MVS as it seems to be a much better module than the one that presently exists. If not I may look into it.

Thanks

Hey All,

I got USPS working. I had to call them and switch me to production as for some reason my account wouldnt work on the testing servers. Anyhow - has anyone converted the USPS module by Alastair Young on 1/20/2005 to MVS as it seems to be a much better module than the one that presently exists. If not I may look into it.

Thanks

There are notes about the "testing" servers not functioning with this version of the USPS module(in the module forums and here on the MVS forums, and in the instructions with the MVS package), you must have missed them.

What about the other module is better? As far as I know they are very much alike. I have personally never worked with it so I can't say for sure which is "better" and exactly what are the differences. If the one you reference really is "better" on a discernable level it would not be a bad idea to make it available. I think it is interesting that it hasn't had any support or updates in almost 2 years though, makes me wonder.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Firstly, sorry if these questions have already been asked, I have been looking into this for a little under a week now and haven't been able to find anything dealing with these issues exactly. - So, HUGE thanks to anyone who responds to this!

Is there support for MVS (another contribution that works alongside this, or an expansion/update) that allows each individual vendor to log in to osCommerce and process the orders that have been made to them only? So basically the same functionality as the order editor that comes with the core version of osCommerce, but only dealing with their own orders?

Also, is there support for MVS to detect which Vendor recieves the order, based on a variable (eg. determine if the customers postcode is in list A, B, C or none, and then send the order to Vendor A, B, C or a default vendor.)

Much appreciation for any responses :)

This functionality has been talked about many times, but as far as I know no one has finished it and/or made it available. If you have used the "Admin Acess with levels" you should be able to create this functionality with a bit of work. It is in my long term plans for MVS, but has been a low priority for me.

Detection and auto selection of which Vendor is closest to the customer is also a feature in my long term plans, there is currently a contribution that offers this functionality and does function(I have installed it and played with it a bit) but once again, it has been low on the priority list.

If you get into working with it, we will try to help as much as possible if you have any problems.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

There are notes about the "testing" servers not functioning with this version of the USPS module(in the module forums and here on the MVS forums, and in the instructions with the MVS package), you must have missed them.

What about the other module is better? As far as I know they are very much alike. I have personally never worked with it so I can't say for sure which is "better" and exactly what are the differences. If the one you reference really is "better" on a discernable level it would not be a bad idea to make it available. I think it is interesting that it hasn't had any support or updates in almost 2 years though, makes me wonder.

Craig,

We did MVS a while back and just recently started installing it on another site (as you may already know about :) ) and hadn't seen/recalled some of those references. Eventually started stumbling across some references to the testing server issue and that's why we called. :)

That particular module seems to provide us with more rates as well than the one provided w/ MVS as well as listing estimated ship times with international shipments. I am in the process of attempting to convert it over based on what the other MVS USPS module looks like. Regardless of my eventual likely failure or unlikely success I will post what I have mere.

Thanks!

Craig,

We did MVS a while back and just recently started installing it on another site (as you may already know about :) ) and hadn't seen/recalled some of those references. Eventually started stumbling across some references to the testing server issue and that's why we called. :)

That particular module seems to provide us with more rates as well than the one provided w/ MVS as well as listing estimated ship times with international shipments. I am in the process of attempting to convert it over based on what the other MVS USPS module looks like. Regardless of my eventual likely failure or unlikely success I will post what I have mere.

Thanks!

Cool, let us know how things go.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Here is what I have so far. It seems to be working but not returning the names of the shipping options.

Edit : sorry the code wouldn't fit the code can be found here. hope nobody gets mad for linking to an external site :)

Edited by iofast

does anybody know if you can restrict shipping methods using this module within certain weight ranges. for example, let's take zone 1:

i'm trying to offer first class shipping for items between 0 and 1 lb and offer prioirty for items greater than 1 lb. Both shippingmethods will have the same cost.

i would really appreciate if someone can help!

thanks,

v

Vendors list in Admin

Where can I change the number of vendors displayed in

Admin>Vendors Manager>Vendors?

I've looked in catalog\admin\vendors.php but there wasn't anything obvious there. The page is currently set at 20 vendors.

Thanks in advance :)

Vendors list in Admin

Where can I change the number of vendors displayed in

Admin>Vendors Manager>Vendors?

I've looked in catalog\admin\vendors.php but there wasn't anything obvious there. The page is currently set at 20 vendors.

Thanks in advance :)

In admin/vendors.php, line 528, in the query:

MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS

is the number being used, it is set under Admin->Configuration->Maximum Values->Search Results

This setting effects all listings through out the shop, so be smart about the number you choose.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

This setting effects all listings through out the shop, so be smart about the number you choose.

It's so easy when you know where to look :)

Thanks for the reply Craig :D

Hi all,

I'm tying up a few loose ends here and there in my store and I was wondering about this UPS API thingy, as referenced in this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=230195

Does this apply to the MVS contribution? I've tried looking for answers, but nothing seems to come up in google search of the forum.

Do I need to change the URL? IF so, how do I change it to use https?

Or does this not affect those of us using MVS?

Hi!

I hope this is the correct place to post this.

I have installed MVS and its working great, I have a langauge school vendor and a courier vendor.

Now here is my problem. I want to setup free shipping if the customer orders 3 or more products from the courier vendor but I dont want to offer free shipping if someone orders 2 things from the courier and 1 from the langauge school.

Is this easy enough to setup? If so, how do I go about doing it....

Thanks.

O.

Hello Craig, Jim, and everyone else who has contributed to the MVS.

Let me just say thanks.

I've been using the MVS mod for my two webstores and have worked with Craig a number of times off list to solve some of my problems as a noob. I haven't done too much modifying of my shops lately so, guess what? No Problems! Funny how that works.

I'm revamping the look of my metaphysical shop and just realizing that I haven't had any problems with the code, the scripts, the functionality, or anything really when it comes to this Mod. You guys have really thrown together a great addition and I'm loving the fact that my site meets my needs. We're use a lot of vendors to supply our customers with products to purchase and without MVS, we'd not have any shops at all. Granted, business is slow right now and it's giving me some time to take a look at things and add some more features for my customers. I'm adding a few mods that I've found on the contributors that post in this forum's contributions lists.

You guys are very thourough, complete, and I could not have had such a great experience with OSCommerce if it wasn't for you guys.

I just wanted to say thanks.

You guys have really made my business ventures less stressful.

Edit --- I forgot to mention, I'm catching up on the posts here to see what bugs have come about so in case they happen to me, I know where to find the fixes. Right now I'm on page 62. Seems there's been tremendous activity on this forum since I last read. WOW!

Jeff Embree

Edited by chironae

Jim and Craig-

I'm having a strange little problem with my production site and I'm hoping you can help me out.

What I've found is that once I've gotten to checkout_shipping.php, if I hit refresh or click on the "Checkout" link from checkout_confirmation.php, then none of the methods are highlighted (set with a class of moduleRowSelected) for any vendor that has more than one shipping method available.

This is maddening because it works fine on my test site, but not on the production site, and the latter is based on the former.

The problem seems to be related with $shipping['id'] as seen at about line 179 of includes/modules/vendors_shipping.php:

// set the radio button to be checked if it is the method chosen
		$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

If I echo $shipping['id'] on my production site it just prints out "Array".

I've even gone so far as to copy checkout_shipping.php and vendor_shipping.php from my production site over to my test site and it still works fine on my test site.

The only features I have installed on my production site and not on the test site are PayPal WPP and Discount Coupon Codes; I'm 99% sure neither one uses an array or variable called "$shipping". In any case I disabled both and got the same result.

Could it be PHP version? I'm out of ideas.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Jeff -- Not yet. We might do it after 3.0 becomes stable enough to be worth the time to modify. It means a lot of work, and both of us are busy, so it may be a while after that.

Stew -- That's apparently a bug. Try changing this code in checkout_shipping.php (line 130):

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,

to this:

$shipping = array('id' => '',

and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hello,

For some reason, I(the store owner) and the the vendor do not recieve emails when a product is purchased on my online store. However, when I type in an email address under send order to extra email address in admin-> config that email address a copy of the order. Also, my customers still recieve a confirmation from the store. MVS is turned on in my store, and send to vendor is also turned on.

I have osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112 installed at my shop with CCGV and other mods but not the fancier invoice with HTML. I did try to install that mod, but after reading that this module interferes I uninstalled it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Stew -- That's apparently a bug. Try changing this code in checkout_shipping.php (line 130):

to this:

and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim. There are two instances of

in checkout_shipping.php. You were referred to the first one but I decided to play with both.

On my test site, I was still using the file I copied over from my production site.

If I leave them alone or change just the second one, $shipping['id'] echoes out as "Array".

If I change just the first one or both, $shipping['id'] echoes out as nothing (empty).

But if I put the original file back on my test site, then it works fine with

$shipping = array('id' => '',

or

(the first instance, line 130).

So then I was thinking that it is a problem with the checkout_shipping.php file from my production site.

I found the following code on both sites near the top of checkout_shipping.php:

//I added the line to unregister the shipping session
//in order to get the "select the cheapest method" code to work after a redirect
tep_session_unregister('shipping');
//this may be unneccessary if I can figure out where the shipping['vendor'] array is dropping

(Obviously I've encountered the problem before but had forgotten about it). On the production site tep_session_unregister('shipping'); was commented out; I uncommented it and now the file seems to work fine.

???

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

<snip>

(Obviously I've encountered the problem before but had forgotten about it). On the production site tep_session_unregister('shipping'); was commented out; I uncommented it and now the file seems to work fine.

???

That will work, but if the customer selects shipping methods before going back to that page, their selections would be lost. A better solution would be to set the ID to a correct value (and not the whole array.) Try this at line 130:

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping['id'],

That should preserve the ID if it has been set. If my memory is correct; I really should sit down and go through this section of the code again.

If you want to see what the $shipping['id'] is actually being set to (when it is an array) try this:

print_r ($shipping['id']);

Regards

Jim

That will work, but if the customer selects shipping methods before going back to that page, their selections would be lost. A better solution would be to set the ID to a correct value (and not the whole array.) Try this at line 130:

That should preserve the ID if it has been set. If my memory is correct; I really should sit down and go through this section of the code again.

If you want to see what the $shipping['id'] is actually being set to (when it is an array) try this:

Regards

Jim

No luck with that either.

No luck with that either.

Drat. Well, I need to find the time to look at this code again. It's obviously wrong, but not wrong in the way I thought it was. I hate that....

Regards

Jim

Drat. Well, I need to find the time to look at this code again. It's obviously wrong, but not wrong in the way I thought it was. I hate that....

Regards

Jim

Hey you guys, I had noticed this before but thought we had dealt with it at some point, so I was looking through all my development sites and sure enough, it never got fixed. So this is another bug to be squashed.

Adding it to the list.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!