• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Jim,

I have a question, first of all I want to say that this vendor shipping works great. Ok to my question I want to do CCGV and Coupons on my website is there any way I can do it without interfering the MSV?

Wade

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

Hi Again,

I have 2 parts to my post.

The first is that I cannot get Handling Fee to work for UPS XML as a part of this contribution. If I add the standard UPS module and set the handling fee to $50.00, then the shipping cost displayed goes up by $50.00. However, when I remove the standard UPS module and add UPS XML and set a handling charge, the handling charge is never added to the displayed amount. I have also tried adding to a "The Vendor's handling charge:" amount as well and this has had no influence on the shipping total displayed.

Secondly, in the past I had installed UPS XML with the dimensional support. I never used this, however there was 1 extra feature at the bottom which was extremely useful.

Many of our items we ship from our warehouse are quite large for their size. For example, we have 1 box which weights 11#. If we ship 2 of them together, they are Oversize 1, and they get billed at 30#. With the old UPS XML I was using, I could select "Ready to Ship:, Product can be shipped in its own container." Which would work out the shipping as 11# + 11# + Handling Fee = Shipping Total.

With this contribution, I have lost that functionality, and the total works out as 11 + 11 (22#) + Handling Fee = Shipping.

I was wondering if there is any further contribution or changes I could make to get this check box functionality back?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Again,

I have 2 parts to my post.

The first is that I cannot get Handling Fee to work for UPS XML as a part of this contribution. If I add the standard UPS module and set the handling fee to $50.00, then the shipping cost displayed goes up by $50.00. However, when I remove the standard UPS module and add UPS XML and set a handling charge, the handling charge is never added to the displayed amount. I have also tried adding to a "The Vendor's handling charge:" amount as well and this has had no influence on the shipping total displayed.

Secondly, in the past I had installed UPS XML with the dimensional support. I never used this, however there was 1 extra feature at the bottom which was extremely useful.

Many of our items we ship from our warehouse are quite large for their size. For example, we have 1 box which weights 11#. If we ship 2 of them together, they are Oversize 1, and they get billed at 30#. With the old UPS XML I was using, I could select "Ready to Ship:, Product can be shipped in its own container." Which would work out the shipping as 11# + 11# + Handling Fee = Shipping Total.

With this contribution, I have lost that functionality, and the total works out as 11 + 11 (22#) + Handling Fee = Shipping.

I was wondering if there is any further contribution or changes I could make to get this check box functionality back?

Thanks in advance!

Are you using MVS V1.1? That version has an updated UPSXML module, you should not upgrade yet the rest of the code yet though, I have the next update coming to MVS soon. You can try to use the file in 1.1 and see if that one can do what you need.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Jim,

I have a question, first of all I want to say that this vendor shipping works great. Ok to my question I want to do CCGV and Coupons on my website is there any way I can do it without interfering the MSV?

Wade

I'm not Jim, but you should have no trouble adding CCGV, just pay attention to the placement of the code changes, some are critical, others are not.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I have downloaded the CCGV Version (tad) and uploaded to my test site with MVS1.1 and seems not work currectly. like in:

Admin it show Gift Vouchers/Coupons not Vendors

Main it shows the Gift Vouchers/Coupons not Shipping Information

Then when I override the old one and uninstalling the Gift Vouchers and I goes back to normal.

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

I have downloaded the CCGV Version (tad) and uploaded to my test site with MVS1.1 and seems not work currectly. like in:

Admin it show Gift Vouchers/Coupons not Vendors

Main it shows the Gift Vouchers/Coupons not Shipping Information

Then when I override the old one and uninstalling the Gift Vouchers and I goes back to normal.

You cannot overwrite and run these 2 mods, they must be installed separately and by editing each individual file that is common between the 2.

I suggest adding all the files from ccgv that do not overwrite any MVS edited files, then use a compare program to install the ccgv code on the files already modified for MVS.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

You need to add the "CUSTOMERS_TELEPHONE" to the query first:

$delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, customers_email_address, customers_telephone from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id='" . $oID ."'");

The add the call you are looking for:

'<br>Please deliver to:<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_company'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_name'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_street_address'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_suburb'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_city'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_state'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_postcode'] . '<br><br>' .
'>>>' .  $vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_telephone'] . '<<<'

That should do it just fine, good luck, Craig :)

Hi Craig,

Sorry I haven't been back sooner, been busy with other projects.

Thanks for the help above :)

I've done as you suggested above, but it doesn't display the telephone number.

I'm wondering if we're trying to collect the telephone number from the correct place? The reason I say that is because (please excuse my understanding of this if its all nonsense) there is one group of data which has the customers 'personal data' which from what I understand holds the telephone number, then there's another group of data that holds the 'delivery data' which we've called on for the above code, but I don't think that actually holds any telephone number. So I'm wondering if the telephone data should be collected from somewhere else. Obviously I could be way off target?

What do you think?

Steve

You cannot overwrite and run these 2 mods, they must be installed separately and by editing each individual file that is common between the 2.

I suggest adding all the files from ccgv that do not overwrite any MVS edited files, then use a compare program to install the ccgv code on the files already modified for MVS.

Craig,

I don't think I can able to do it. I am not a very good with PHP but I am trying to learn it though I guess I can wait till there is one that has been modify for this.

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

I don't think I can able to do it. I am not a very good with PHP but I am trying to learn it though I guess I can wait till there is one that has been modify for this.

Craig mentioned using a compare programme in his earlier post to you. I use Winmerge from http://winmerge.org/ I'm not a coder, but with the help of Winmerge, its possible to quickly see the differences between your original files, and the changes made in the contrib. file. Thus enabling you to copy them over.

Dare I say it.... Back up first :)

Following on from my attemps (still not working :( ) to include a telephone number in the email to the vendor, I would now also like to include the customers "Add Comments About Your Order" in the email as well.

Anyone got any info on achieving this wish please?

Steve

I just read a short thread in the General Support forum about UPS requiring a change in the http (to https) and the API and all that jazz....

How does this affect MVS. I, personally, am just using the 'plain' UPS (not the XML or whatever it's called).

Sorry for my lack of proper wording today - mind is all mushy, coming down with a stupid virus or something. UGH.

Also, looking at the version of MVS I had installed (see sig), do you suggest me upgrading, or is it not necessary at this point?

I just read a short thread in the General Support forum about UPS requiring a change in the http (to https) and the API and all that jazz....

How does this affect MVS. I, personally, am just using the 'plain' UPS (not the XML or whatever it's called).

Sorry for my lack of proper wording today - mind is all mushy, coming down with a stupid virus or something. UGH.

Also, looking at the version of MVS I had installed (see sig), do you suggest me upgrading, or is it not necessary at this point?

Hi all!

I'm trying to get the PDF invoice to work with the MVS 1.1.

Most of it works good, but I can't get the product facts (quantity, model number, name, price exc, price inc, price tot exc, price tot inc) to the invoice.

invoice.jpg

The problem must be in the code below, but I don't know how to link it correctely.

//Show the products information line by line
for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->products); $i < $n; $i++) {
$pdf->SetFont('Arial','',10);
$pdf->SetY($Y_Table_Position);
$pdf->SetX(5);
$pdf->MultiCell(10,6,$order->products[$i]['qty'],1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(40);
if (strlen($order->products[$i]['name']) > 40 && strlen($order->products[$i]['name']) < 50){
	$pdf->SetFont('Arial','',8);
	$pdf->MultiCell(80,6,$order->products[$i]['name'],1,'L');
	}
else if (strlen($order->products[$i]['name']) > 50){
	$pdf->MultiCell(80,6,substr($order->products[$i]['name'],0,50),1,'L');
	}
else{
	}
//$pdf->SetY($Y_Table_Position);
//$pdf->SetX(95);
//$pdf->MultiCell(15,6,tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%',1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(15);
$pdf->MultiCell(25,6,$order->products[$i]['model'],1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(120);
$pdf->MultiCell(20,6,$currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(140);
$pdf->MultiCell(20,6,$currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(160);
$pdf->MultiCell(20,6,$currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(180);
$pdf->MultiCell(20,6,$currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']) * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),1,'C');
$Y_Table_Position += 6;
}
for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->totals); $i < $n; $i++) {
$pdf->SetX(100);
$temp = substr ($order->totals[$i]['text'],0 ,3);
//if ($i == 3) $pdf->Text(10,10,$temp);
if ($temp == '<b>')
	{
	$pdf->SetFont('Arial','B',10);
	$temp2 = substr($order->totals[$i]['text'], 3);
	$order->totals[$i]['text'] = substr($temp2, 0, strlen($temp2)-4);
	}
$pdf->MultiCell(100,6,$order->totals[$i]['title'] . ' ' . $order->totals[$i]['text'],0,'R');
$Y_Table_Position += 5;
}

}
// PDF's created now output the file
$pdf->Output();
?>

Any one who can make the correct code?

I'm not very good at PHP and MySQL.

I have tried to find anything in the forum about this, but I found nothing.

Please help me!

Regards,

Gustav.

Following on from my attemps (still not working :( ) to include a telephone number in the email to the vendor, I would now also like to include the customers "Add Comments About Your Order" in the email as well.

Anyone got any info on achieving this wish please?

Steve

This will add the telephone and email, the comments will take a bit more though as all the comments are added to the same table, both admin and customer, and we will need to determine which one is needed.

Find the query that starts with this:

// let's build the email
// Get the delivery address

and then replace with this code:

// let's build the email
$delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, cusstomers_telephone, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id='" . $oID ."'");

Then, find this code:

'<br>Dropship deliver to:<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_city'] .', ' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_state'] . ' ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_postcode'] . '<br><br>';

And add where you want the new fields to show, the following 2 lines:

$vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_telephone']

and

$vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_email']

So that the whole block would now look like this:

$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_name'] . ' phone:  ' .	$vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_telephone'] . 'Email: ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_email'] . '<br>' . 
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_state'] . ' ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_postcode'] . '<br><br>';

That would put the phone and email on the same line as the customer's name, with labels.

Both USPS and UPS are changing all their web APIs to an SSL connection, for the most part it will mean nothing more that changing the URL that the code sends the information for the quote.

For instance, USPS will be changing "http://production.shippingapis.com/" to "https://secure.shippingapis.com/", it will be that easy. I plan to have this tested and ready in the next release of MVS.

Hi all!

I'm trying to get the PDF invoice to work with the MVS 1.1.

Most of it works good, but I can't get the product facts (quantity, model number, name, price exc, price inc, price tot exc, price tot inc) to the invoice.

invoice.jpg

The problem must be in the code below, but I don't know how to link it correctely.

//Show the products information line by line
for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->products); $i < $n; $i++) {
$pdf->SetX(5);
$pdf->MultiCell(10,6,$order->products[$i]['qty'],1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(40);
if (strlen($order->products[$i]['name']) > 40 && strlen($order->products[$i]['name']) < 50){
	}
else if (strlen($order->products[$i]['name']) > 50){
	$pdf->MultiCell(80,6,substr($order->products[$i]['name'],0,50),1,'L');
	}
else{
	}
//$pdf->SetY($Y_Table_Position);
//$pdf->SetX(95);
//$pdf->MultiCell(15,6,tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%',1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(15);
$pdf->MultiCell(25,6,$order->products[$i]['model'],1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(120);
$pdf->MultiCell(20,6,$currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(140);
$pdf->MultiCell(20,6,$currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(160);
$pdf->MultiCell(20,6,$currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),1,'C');
$pdf->SetX(180);
$pdf->MultiCell(20,6,$currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']) * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),1,'C');
$Y_Table_Position += 6;
}
for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->totals); $i < $n; $i++) {
$pdf->SetX(100);
$temp = substr ($order->totals[$i]['text'],0 ,3);
//if ($i == 3) $pdf->Text(10,10,$temp);
if ($temp == '<b>')
	{
	$pdf->SetFont('Arial','B',10);
	$temp2 = substr($order->totals[$i]['text'], 3);
	$order->totals[$i]['text'] = substr($temp2, 0, strlen($temp2)-4);
	}
$pdf->MultiCell(100,6,$order->totals[$i]['title'] . ' ' . $order->totals[$i]['text'],0,'R');
$Y_Table_Position += 5;
}

}
// PDF's created now output the file
$pdf->Output();
?>

Any one who can make the correct code?

I'm not very good at PHP and MySQL.

I have tried to find anything in the forum about this, but I found nothing.

Please help me!

Regards,

Gustav.

I don't have the time to get into this much, but if you take a good look at the MVS modifications to catalog/includes/classes/order.php you will see what is done to change the products list so that they are called properly per vendor, or as if it were a standard osC order, there are some major differences between the 2. I hope to get into the PDF system to build emails as an option but have not gotten into it yet and may not for quite some time.

good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

This will add the telephone and email, the comments will take a bit more though as all the comments are added to the same table, both admin and customer, and we will need to determine which one is needed.

// let's build the email

// let's build the email
$delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, cusstomers_telephone, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id='" . $oID ."'");

Then, find this code:

and

$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_name'] . ' phone:  ' .	$vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_telephone'] . 'Email: ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_email'] . '<br>' . 

That would put the phone and email on the same line as the customer's name, with labels.

Both USPS and UPS are changing all their web APIs to an SSL connection, for the most part it will mean nothing more that changing the URL that the code sends the information for the quote.

For instance, USPS will be changing "http://production.shippingapis.com/" to "https://secure.shippingapis.com/", it will be that easy. I plan to have this tested and ready in the next release of MVS.

I don't have the time to get into this much, but if you take a good look at the MVS modifications to catalog/includes/classes/order.php you will see what is done to change the products list so that they are called properly per vendor, or as if it were a standard osC order, there are some major differences between the 2. I hope to get into the PDF system to build emails as an option but have not gotten into it yet and may not for quite some time.

good luck, Craig :)

Thank you for your fast reply, Craig!

I udnerstand that you do this in your spare time and that it takes a lot of your time, and that's very kind of you!

The problem is that when I compare (with Winmerge) the old catalog/includes/classes/order.php with the vendor modified order.php. The only diffrenses I can find has to do with the vendor shipping and vendors directly. No modifications with the way the products, taxes, quantity, model etc are called. Or maybe I just don't see it.

Would appriciate any help.

Best regards,

Gustav

Thank you for your fast reply, Craig!

I udnerstand that you do this in your spare time and that it takes a lot of your time, and that's very kind of you!

The problem is that when I compare (with Winmerge) the old catalog/includes/classes/order.php with the vendor modified order.php. The only diffrenses I can find has to do with the vendor shipping and vendors directly. No modifications with the way the products, taxes, quantity, model etc are called. Or maybe I just don't see it.

Would appriciate any help.

Best regards,

Gustav

Try looking at admin/includes/classes/order.php

That one will show you the block of code that is changed for MVS. All product info is collected in defferent query and put together from a larger "for" loop than the standard osC info.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

// let's build the email

// let's build the email

Then, find this code:

and

Thanks for your help again Craig

I've got the telephone numbers to appear :) , which is the important bit. I'm still working on why the email address won't display and still trying to find a way to display the customers delivery instructions.

Thanks again.

Jim or Craig,

I will wait till there is Contribution is available becuase I am not very good writting a contribution.

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Thanks for your help again Craig

I've got the telephone numbers to appear :) , which is the important bit. I'm still working on why the email address won't display and still trying to find a way to display the customers delivery instructions.

Thanks again.

My fault, change this line:

to:

$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_name'] . ' phone:  ' .	$vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_telephone'] . 'Email: ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_email_address'] . '<br>' .

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Jim or Craig,

I will wait till there is Contribution is available becuase I am not very good writting a contribution.

You can do this Wade, just use a file compare program, the lines will show you what is different about the files.

I would suggest starting with ccgv and adding MVS.

Try it on a test copy of your site and see what happens, only thing to lose is time.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\www\admin\includes\classes\vendor_order_data.php:11) in D:\www\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 52

Does anybody know how to fix this problem when I update the Order Editor?

My fault, change this line:
 snipped

to:

snipped.. with extra word!

That's now sorted. Thank you Craig :D

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\www\admin\includes\classes\vendor_order_data.php:11) in D:\www\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 52

Does anybody know how to fix this problem when I update the Order Editor?

Do you mean the "Oder Editor for MVS" or just upating the order status from the "orders" page?

If it is the "Oder Editor for MVS" I can't say for sure since I havn't had the chance yet to really look at Stew's handywork, but, check this:

at the top of admin\includes\classes\vendor_order_data.php, this was chnaged:

<!-- MVS
 $Id: vendor_order_data.php
By Craig Garrison Sr. ([email protected]) for Multi-Vendor Shipping
  osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2005 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
							 -->
<?php
$index2 = 0;

to:

<?php /* MVS
 $Id: vendor_order_data.php
By Craig Garrison Sr. ([email protected]) for Multi-Vendor Shipping
  osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2005 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
	*/
$index2 = 0;

The version may be different, or he may have used an old copy while developing the contrib. If that doesn't fix it, post back and we will see what we can figure out.

Craig :)

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Are you using MVS V1.1? That version has an updated UPSXML module, you should not upgrade yet the rest of the code yet though, I have the next update coming to MVS soon. You can try to use the file in 1.1 and see if that one can do what you need.

Hey Craig,

Yes I downloaded and installed 1.1 http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ry,2/search,mvs made April 1.

Originally on my site I had installed UPSXML but I didn't use the dimensional support. The main use was being able to specify producs which didn't combine and shipped individually with the check box for " Product can be shipped in its own container." which was extremely useful for the type of items we shipped (generally large, light items).

First I tried to upgrade by manually changing all of the files with the changes listed in the contribution however I had a couple of problems and so I decided to roll back. Next I just did a plain install in which I overwrote all of the files with the ones in the contribution except for just a couple of ones I changed manually which were small easy changes.

This worked fine except for the 2 problems I'm having. The first is the handling charge not being applied to the UPSXML module. I will PM you with a test customer login so that I can show this easily to you.

The second I will post in another post later (basically how do I install the change so that I can have the option to have a check box for "Product can be shipped in its own container."

Thank you again for your time, sorry for all of the questions.