• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I'm trying to create a shipping module for MVS based on the zones module. It is for vendors who ship by haulage where their shipping rates are determined by part of the UK postcode. Since uploading this module to the vendors_shipping folder and associated language file to includes\languages\english\modules\vendors_shipping, I am getting this error message when I click manage vendors:

Call to undefined function: zones() in /.../admin/vendor_modules.php on line 143, referer: http://.../admin/vendors.php?selected_box=vendors&page=1&vendors_id=3

These are the files I've uploaded: http://www.biofuelsystems.com/other/mvspostcodes.zip

The zones.php module was working fine prior to this.

Any ideas what's gone wrong??

I'm trying to create a shipping module for MVS based on the zones module. It is for vendors who ship by haulage where their shipping rates are determined by part of the UK postcode. Since uploading this module to the vendors_shipping folder and associated language file to includes\languages\english\modules\vendors_shipping, I am getting this error message when I click manage vendors:

Call to undefined function: zones() in /.../admin/vendor_modules.php on line 143, referer: http://.../admin/vendors.php?selected_box=vendors&page=1&vendors_id=3

These are the files I've uploaded: http://www.biofuelsystems.com/other/mvspostcodes.zip

The zones.php module was working fine prior to this.

Any ideas what's gone wrong??

MVS expects to see a zones method (function) in any shipping module. See Lines 146-165 of the modules.txt file in the MVS distribution for an example.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

MVS expects to see a zones method (function) in any shipping module. See Lines 146-165 of the modules.txt file in the MVS distribution for an example.

Regards

Jim

Thanks again Jim!

Paul.

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if there is an error in the instruction text (catalog_install.txt) relating to checkout_shipping. It seems to be the same problem that moonlight had.

======================

Find Lines 58 thru 135

======================

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents();

=============

Replace With

=============

<?php

//MVS start

if (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 0 || SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {

?>

This doesn't seem correct. The text to be replaced is at the top of the page, well above the beginning of the HTML part of the page, but the replace code has a bunch of table code in it.

I compared this with the code of the checkout_shipping page included with the contribution and the replaced code is definitly in the HTML section of the page, and not way up at the top where it doesn't belong.

Am I missing something or are the instructions a bit off?

Thanks for the time, the contribution looks to be exaclty what I need.

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if there is an error in the instruction text (catalog_install.txt) relating to checkout_shipping. It seems to be the same problem that moonlight had.

This doesn't seem correct. The text to be replaced is at the top of the page, well above the beginning of the HTML part of the page, but the replace code has a bunch of table code in it.

I compared this with the code of the checkout_shipping page included with the contribution and the replaced code is definitly in the HTML section of the page, and not way up at the top where it doesn't belong.

Am I missing something or are the instructions a bit off?

Thanks for the time, the contribution looks to be exaclty what I need.

Yes this is an error on my part, I am planning on an update release of MVS as soon as I can get it done and this is on the list of updates.

Thanks for posting it so everyone will see it.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Yes this is an error on my part, I am planning on an update release of MVS as soon as I can get it done and this is on the list of updates.

Thanks for posting it so everyone will see it.

Oh OK cool. Thanks for the quick reply :thumbsup:

I'm wondering how people are using MVS & CCGV? I've got it working, thanks to maggi & craig's help, but I think I'm missing something. For instance, when I add items from mixed vendors to my cart, all is well. When I add a gift cert by itself, I'm forwarded to the payment page -- just as you would expect. When I add a gift cert along with an item from another vendor, however, I am forwarded to checkout_shipping with all of my shipping methods for the gift cert showing 1x0lbs -- with shipping quotes.

Am I missing something here? How do you handle gift certs, in terms of assigning a vendor to them? How do they work in peace with MVS? Will world peace ever be a reality?

thanks again all...

Ken

Interesting, Ken... I just tested this and I get the same result... behaves correctly if just the GV in the cart, but gives a shipping quote for the GV in a mixed cart. I never noticed before because nobody has ever bought a gift voucher along with physical items... they have all been separate purchases.

Mine are assigned to Vendor #1, which is me. I suppose the easy answer is to create a new vendor with zero shipping specifically for the gift vouchers.

Interesting, Ken... I just tested this and I get the same result... behaves correctly if just the GV in the cart, but gives a shipping quote for the GV in a mixed cart. I never noticed before because nobody has ever bought a gift voucher along with physical items... they have all been separate purchases.

Mine are assigned to Vendor #1, which is me. I suppose the easy answer is to create a new vendor with zero shipping specifically for the gift vouchers.

Right, I've done that now using a vendor specifically for gift certificates. I'm using the per item module with 0 cost. I suppose this is the only way to do this....

Craig?

Right, I've done that now using a vendor specifically for gift certificates. I'm using the per item module with 0 cost. I suppose this is the only way to do this....

Craig?

Yes, this is the way I have most of my client stores set up. Maybe we should create a module for such purposes to make things easier for store owners as well as customers.

What do you guys think?

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Yes, this is the way I have most of my client stores set up. Maybe we should create a module for such purposes to make things easier for store owners as well as customers.

What do you guys think?

I have a Free shipping module that should work for this. I'll dust it off and send it over if you want to include it in the distribution.

Regards

Jim

Guys, I could use some help.

My second store just went live, and I find that the product details are not showing up in the orders or packing slips. Someone posted a couple of months ago about this happening intermittently... couldn't find any mention of it having been resolved... but I find it is happening on every order, every vendor.

I copied the database structure and files across from my other store, which has MVS working perfectly, so I am mystified.

I have a Free shipping module that should work for this. I'll dust it off and send it over if you want to include it in the distribution.

Regards

Jim

I created one also, it's in V1.1 I think, but I'm thinking we may need something that has more easily modifiable text for the customer to see during checkout, or one that would actually remove the vendor and/or product from the shipping array and not throw an error.

I had done this with a mod for 0 weight, it completely removes that product from the list of products being shipped, but I hadn't really tested it thoroughly enough to add it to the distribution, as an option.

Input here from the users would be good, what do you guys think would be the best way to handle this type of purchase?

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I created one also, it's in V1.1 I think, but I'm thinking we may need something that has more easily modifiable text for the customer to see during checkout, or one that would actually remove the vendor and/or product from the shipping array and not throw an error.

I had done this with a mod for 0 weight, it completely removes that product from the list of products being shipped, but I hadn't really tested it thoroughly enough to add it to the distribution, as an option.

Input here from the users would be good, what do you guys think would be the best way to handle this type of purchase?

I personally get a bit nervous if one of my products suddenly doesn't show up on a checkout page, even if I know that it ships for free. I would prefer to show the product and tell the customer that there is no shipping charge. There are several modules that can be used to do this; you just need to change the displayed text (and maybe set shipping cost to $0.00.)

If you want to skip the shipping entirely, it should be possible to detect Virtual products and not display the shipping section for those products. We would have to change the code that detects virtual products to work by vendor instead of the whole order. I would like to see this be optional, perhaps with an Admin configuration setting, so that those of us who want to see the products anyway could still do so.

Regards

Jim

Yes, cart->content_type is casing out to physical when there are virutal & physical products together.

I think a shipping module, specfic to the ccgv purchases, would be a good way to go. This way, you can simply create a vendor for ccgv stuff -- along with any of the text. I think showing it in checkout_shipping is important as well. You can turn this into a more positive thing as well, by slapping up some text telling (reminding) the buyer that they will receive a seperate confirmation email once the voucher is credited to their account.

just my 2 cents...

Ken

I personally get a bit nervous if one of my products suddenly doesn't show up on a checkout page, even if I know that it ships for free. I would prefer to show the product and tell the customer that there is no shipping charge. There are several modules that can be used to do this; you just need to change the displayed text (and maybe set shipping cost to $0.00.)

If you want to skip the shipping entirely, it should be possible to detect Virtual products and not display the shipping section for those products. We would have to change the code that detects virtual products to work by vendor instead of the whole order. I would like to see this be optional, perhaps with an Admin configuration setting, so that those of us who want to see the products anyway could still do so.

Regards

Jim

Perhaps Jim, we could add some code to list the products in "checkout_shipping" without them being in the quote list? We could remove them from the shipping array, and add them to another array to create a list of all products or something of this sort?

This type of feature would have to have options as this a circumstance that not everyone will aggree on how to handle. No doubt about that, which is what I was going to do with the 0 weight removal I have on another site, but I haven't added it at all yet.

I dunno, Jim, just brainstorming.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I agree, we need to have some options, since not all store owners have the same setup or want things done the same way. Plus, the code that detects physical/virtual/mixed products is buggy, and the Gift Voucher contribution adds more problems to the code. That needs to get fixed in any case.

The original osCommerce shipping page did not show the products at all; we added products to the page to show which was being shipped by what method. A separate list might work, but we would still want to show the physical products that need shipping with the shipping method(s). At least I would. If the order is all virtual the shipping page could be skipped entirely. It's the mixed physical and virtual products that get interesting. Maybe we should ask how everyone wants to see this page before we try to produce a fix.

Regards

Jim

I agree, we need to have some options, since not all store owners have the same setup or want things done the same way. Plus, the code that detects physical/virtual/mixed products is buggy, and the Gift Voucher contribution adds more problems to the code. That needs to get fixed in any case.

The original osCommerce shipping page did not show the products at all; we added products to the page to show which was being shipped by what method. A separate list might work, but we would still want to show the physical products that need shipping with the shipping method(s). At least I would. If the order is all virtual the shipping page could be skipped entirely. It's the mixed physical and virtual products that get interesting. Maybe we should ask how everyone wants to see this page before we try to produce a fix.

Regards

Jim

I agree as well, we shouldn't jump into coding this until get a better picture of our users want with this and the code for the gift vouchers will need to be dealt with one way or the other.

A separate list might work, but we would still want to show the physical products that need shipping with the shipping method(s).

This is what I was suggesting, another list that would be created when there are "virtual" or "downloadable" products in the order. I would show the products but no shipping methods at all. Maybe a note about what they are: "These products do not ship" or something.

But we need input on this for sure, as much as possible. And as soon as possible so we can get this included in the next update.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I missed that- each table row should have a unique id.

The following instructions assume you have already applied the patch in my previous post.

Thanks DJ for sharing that fix - I was playing with this way back before MVS went final and nearly burst a blood vessel in my eye trying to fix it. Works a treat! Thanks heaps. :D

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

Guys, I could use some help.

My second store just went live, and I find that the product details are not showing up in the orders or packing slips. Someone posted a couple of months ago about this happening intermittently... couldn't find any mention of it having been resolved... but I find it is happening on every order, every vendor.

I copied the database structure and files across from my other store, which has MVS working perfectly, so I am mystified.

First check your database. If the missing data is in the Orders tables, you have a problem in the Admin side. If the data is missing, the problem is on the Catalog side. If you tell us what data is missing and where, we can give you some better hints of what to look for.

Regards

Jim

Just wanted to announce that I've uploaded my MVS ports of the Airborne/DHL & FedEx Freight shipping modules to the contrib page.

I've included the full packeges, with the actual modules being the only code changed. I've been testing these for a few weeks and they seem to work just fine.

Let me know if anyone has any problems....

Thanks to Craig and all the forum users for your help.

-----------------

Ken Savich

First check your database. If the missing data is in the Orders tables, you have a problem in the Admin side. If the data is missing, the problem is on the Catalog side. If you tell us what data is missing and where, we can give you some better hints of what to look for.

Regards

Jim

Sorry, Jim, I didn't explain very well... the order is processing just fine, and all the data is showing correctly on the confirmation e-mail, but the product information does not show in the order, the vendor packing slip, or when viewing the order in the customer's account history.

The header bar is there, and the vendor shipping information, and the order totals... but no product details.

Sorry, Jim, I didn't explain very well... the order is processing just fine, and all the data is showing correctly on the confirmation e-mail, but the product information does not show in the order, the vendor packing slip, or when viewing the order in the customer's account history.

The header bar is there, and the vendor shipping information, and the order totals... but no product details.

That doesn't mean that the data is getting stored in the database. You'll have to look at those tables to find out.

Regards

Jim

The data is in the database... that was the first thing I checked when I spotted the problem. If I log in as a customer, the products bought show up in the order history box, but the product information is missing in the order view.

The data is in the database... that was the first thing I checked when I spotted the problem. If I log in as a customer, the products bought show up in the order history box, but the product information is missing in the order view.

Check that you have "vendor_order_info.php" on the server and that it is intact, and then check the mods in admin/includes/classes/order.php and admin/orders.php.

These files are the ones involved in displaying all the MVS order data. One or more of them must be either corrupt or perhaps an accidental reversion to the original osC version.

This will be where your issue is.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Just wanted to announce that I've uploaded my MVS ports of the Airborne/DHL & FedEx Freight shipping modules to the contrib page.

I've included the full packeges, with the actual modules being the only code changed. I've been testing these for a few weeks and they seem to work just fine.

Let me know if anyone has any problems....

Thanks to Craig and all the forum users for your help.

-----------------

Ken Savich

That's great Ken, thanks for contributing.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!