• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I am getting this error
/home/giftshop/public_html/dukaan/includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php on line 97

it's wasn't there earlier, I swear! and suddenly after an order happens (the first, actually), there's this mighty error on the checkout page. Also, the cart is showing one extra product. .. i.e if there are 2 products in the cart, it's show 3, if there's 1, it says cart has 3 product.

SOS!

The error looks like the "infamous" foreach error which seems to be server specific since it only happens to a few people, and doesn't happen every time. I have not been able to trace the actual cause of this but it has something to do with the shopping cart not being properly stored in the session. I am sorry but I can't help you with a solution. The multiple product issue is a brand new one for me, never heard that before.

All I can suggest is to double check you edits by comparing your files to the ones included in the distribution.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

does anyone have the modified code for the ups xml rates module? this is the most confusing part to modify my module to work

UPS XML is already in MVS V1.1, is there another you are trying to use?

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Well shoot and darn, the 1146 error further up on this page wasn't the same as mine after all. The error I am getting in all my admin screens except configuration, vendors & modules is:

1146 - Table 'oodlesofjewels.TABLE_ADMIN_FILES' doesn't exist

select admin_files_name from TABLE_ADMIN_FILES where FIND_IN_SET( '', admin_groups_id) or FIND_IN_SET( '', admin_id) and admin_files_is_boxes = '0' and admin_files_name = 'categories.php'

(although the php file name is different for each section)

also when I go into shipping/packaging in under configuration I have "enable vendor shipping", "use optional confirmation email" and "when to send the vendor email" 7 times each do I really have to put them all to true to make it work?

:o

Any ideas? Is it something I didn't set up right after I installed and modified the files maybe?

Thanks, Criag ... What's strange is that everything was working just fine, then (a good thing)an order arrives, and now it's all messed up(a bad thing)! It's like .. zen. Good and bad in perfect balance.!

I will see if I can re-install the constribution and get it to work again.

Any ideas? Is it something I didn't set up right after I installed and modified the files maybe?

You took out the edit in database_tables.php for the Admin Levels contrib but did not take out the edits from application_top.php.

That error is from no table definition in the database_tables.php file in admin.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

UPS XML is already in MVS V1.1, is there another you are trying to use?

haha no. i was having probs installing it, but ill give it another shot and see if it works the 2nd time around.. i thought i had to adapt my xml module to work with it.

haha no. i was having probs installing it, but ill give it another shot and see if it works the 2nd time around.. i thought i had to adapt my xml module to work with it.

i actually got another question about this contrib..

i have fedex freight installed and ups xml. i thougt this contrib would let me choose a shipping method on a per product basis. is that correct..

cause 1 major problem is we sell clothing and furniture. 95% of sales are closing, and the fedex freight is always an option in the shipping choices, youd have to be dumb to choose a it to ship clothing cause its always at least 200$,

so basically i only wanted the fedex freight to show up on the shipping options if you have a furniture item that is in your cart.. if not i want just the ups xml to display..

is something like this possible?

I have checked and double checked and I have removed all the Admin Access code from all the files. I have used winmerge to compare all the files from that contribution to the files I have, and then the files I have to the files that came with this contribution. The only thing I can think of is that when installinging the other contribution it changes the admin_files table sql, and I don't have anything to refer to so that I can see what it used to be. Could that be the problem and if it is, how does one change the sql table back when she wasn't smart enough to create a backup of it? :'(

I have checked and double checked and I have removed all the Admin Access code from all the files. I have used winmerge to compare all the files from that contribution to the files I have, and then the files I have to the files that came with this contribution. The only thing I can think of is that when installinging the other contribution it changes the admin_files table sql, and I don't have anything to refer to so that I can see what it used to be. Could that be the problem and if it is, how does one change the sql table back when she wasn't smart enough to create a backup of it? :'(

This error, "1146 - Table 'oodlesofjewels.TABLE_ADMIN_FILES' doesn't exist" won't be there if you removed ALL the code for the contribution. There is code some where left, you just have to find it. The database modification won't effect ANYTHING in this manner. The new tables it created will just sit there, unused. Search your files for the term "TABLE_ADMIN_FILES" and I'll bet you'll find it.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

OK... you need to include an instruction to skip the redirect to checkout_shipping.php for virtual products. I am running an older version of MVS, so my code will be different to yours, but Stew posted the amended code a couple of pages back...

In checkout_payment.php find this....

// MVS start if a shipping method has not been selected for all vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') { // This test only works under MVS
	 if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) != count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all selected
		  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));
		  }
	   } // MVS end

...and change it to this...

// MVS start if a shipping method has not been selected for all vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
if ( (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') && (($cart->content_type != 'virtual') ||
($total_weight > 0 )) ){ // This test only works under MVS, but is skipped for virtual and/or zero weight
if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) != count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all selected
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));
}
} // MVS end

Thanks for that Maggi. I'm still getting the ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED. I have a sneaking suspicion that this has something to do with my gift voucher not being recognized as virtual. Oddly, looking through shopping_cart.php, I don't see where MINIMUM_WEIGHT or NO_COUNT_ZERO_WEIGHT are coming from. Do you have these defined in add_ccgvdc_application_top.php? I don't see them in the configuration table either. This is very puzzling.

Also, do you assign a vendor to your gift vouchers?

Thanks again...I truly do appreciate it.

Thanks for that Maggi. I'm still getting the ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED. I have a sneaking suspicion that this has something to do with my gift voucher not being recognized as virtual. Oddly, looking through shopping_cart.php, I don't see where MINIMUM_WEIGHT or NO_COUNT_ZERO_WEIGHT are coming from. Do you have these defined in add_ccgvdc_application_top.php? I don't see them in the configuration table either. This is very puzzling.

Also, do you assign a vendor to your gift vouchers?

Thanks again...I truly do appreciate it.

Replying to my own post here. I figured out (actually Craig keyed me on to this) that cart->content_type is really virtual_weight in the newer version of CCGV.

Thanks again for all your help.

Glad you got it sorted, Ken. I downloaded the latest version of CCGV this afternoon to see what had changed, but I haven't had time to look at it properly. And yes, I do assign a vendor to my gift vouchers.

Craig, thank you for all your patience....you were right (of course you were), I don't know where it was that I missed it, I went back to the install instructions for the other contribution and just went backwards and obviously it took out whatever the problem was as now the Multi Vendor shipping is working wonderfully.

Thank you again for all your help and patience!!! :thumbsup:

Replying to my own post here. I figured out (actually Craig keyed me on to this) that cart->content_type is really virtual_weight in the newer version of CCGV.

Thanks again for all your help.

Glad you got it worked out Ken, Ken :)

Craig, thank you for all your patience....you were right (of course you were), I don't know where it was that I missed it, I went back to the install instructions for the other contribution and just went backwards and obviously it took out whatever the problem was as now the Multi Vendor shipping is working wonderfully.

Thank you again for all your help and patience!!! :thumbsup:

Your welcome, I'm certainly not always right, you can see by looking throughout this thread that I have been wrong many times, but I am glad it worked out.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I just had the same problem, you have to add a zip code and select county under vendor setup

I put all that in when I enter a vendor....and they are all entered correctly (went through them again).

Any other ideas?

Guess what??? I'm back......

I got it all installed and I can get to all my sections in my admin, of course I still have "enable vendor shipping" in my shipping and packaging TEN times and I don't know why and I don't know how to make it go away, which is one of my problems. The second is this

Vendor Shipping Modules

You are currently managing WDS

If you want to select another Vendor, go back to the Manager Page.

TN' => 'Tunisia', 'TR' => 'Turkey', 'TM' => 'Turkmenistan', 'TC' => 'Turks and Caicos Islands', 'TV' => 'Tuvalu', 'UG' => 'Uganda', 'UA' => 'Ukraine', 'AE' => 'United Arab Emirates', 'UY' => 'Uruguay', 'UZ' => 'Uzbekistan', 'VU' => 'Vanuatu', 'VA' => 'Vatican City', 'VE' => 'Venezuela', 'VN' => 'Vietnam', 'WF' => 'Wallis and Futuna Islands', 'WS' => 'Western Samoa', 'YE' => 'Yemen', 'ZM' => 'Zambia', 'ZW' => 'Zimbabwe'); return $list; } } ?> United States Postal Service 0

Vendor Modules Sort Order Action

Federal Express

Flat Rate

Per Item

Table Rate

United Parcel Service

United Parcel Service (XML)

Zone Rates

and the third problem is this (on shipping_checkout.php)

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /mounted-storage/home10/sub003/sc16388-WJPU/oodlesofjewels.biz/includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 48

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.....and hopefully this will be the last help I am needing.

:(

I just had someone place an order and I can't pull up order information in admin. Here's the error, any ideas on how to fix? How can I pull up the order?

Error:

1054 - Unknown column 'vendors_id' in 'field list'

select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price, vendors_id from orders_products where orders_id = '219' and vendors_id = '3'

thanks,

Nate

I just had someone place an order and I can't pull up order information in admin. Here's the error, any ideas on how to fix? How can I pull up the order?

Error:

1054 - Unknown column 'vendors_id' in 'field list'

select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price, vendors_id from orders_products where orders_id = '219' and vendors_id = '3'

thanks,

Nate

Figured it out, vendors_id line was missing from sql.

Guess what??? I'm back......

I got it all installed and I can get to all my sections in my admin, of course I still have "enable vendor shipping" in my shipping and packaging TEN times and I don't know why and I don't know how to make it go away, which is one of my problems. The second is this

Vendor Shipping Modules

You are currently managing WDS

If you want to select another Vendor, go back to the Manager Page.

TN' => 'Tunisia', 'TR' => 'Turkey', 'TM' => 'Turkmenistan', 'TC' => 'Turks and Caicos Islands', 'TV' => 'Tuvalu', 'UG' => 'Uganda', 'UA' => 'Ukraine', 'AE' => 'United Arab Emirates', 'UY' => 'Uruguay', 'UZ' => 'Uzbekistan', 'VU' => 'Vanuatu', 'VA' => 'Vatican City', 'VE' => 'Venezuela', 'VN' => 'Vietnam', 'WF' => 'Wallis and Futuna Islands', 'WS' => 'Western Samoa', 'YE' => 'Yemen', 'ZM' => 'Zambia', 'ZW' => 'Zimbabwe'); return $list; } } ?> United States Postal Service 0

Vendor Modules Sort Order Action

Federal Express

Flat Rate

Per Item

Table Rate

United Parcel Service

United Parcel Service (XML)

Zone Rates

and the third problem is this (on shipping_checkout.php)

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /mounted-storage/home10/sub003/sc16388-WJPU/oodlesofjewels.biz/includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 48

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.....and hopefully this will be the last help I am needing.

:(

I fixed my third problem...no more error, but the other two are still there. :(

i have fedex freight installed and ups xml. i thougt this contrib would let me choose a shipping method on a per product basis. is that correct..

cause 1 major problem is we sell clothing and furniture. 95% of sales are closing, and the fedex freight is always an option in the shipping choices, youd have to be dumb to choose a it to ship clothing cause its always at least 200$,

so basically i only wanted the fedex freight to show up on the shipping options if you have a furniture item that is in your cart.. if not i want just the ups xml to display..

I fixed my third problem...no more error, but the other two are still there. :(

Well the second error is related to the first problem. Thing is, I don't understand exactly what is going on with the first problem, the county list is actually showing like that in the "Manage" section of MVS like that?

I would simlply say to double check all your admin edits, something is obviously not right, but it is hard to tell from what I can see. Use a file comparison program to check your files against those from provided in MVS.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Didn't you already post this, and didn't I already answer it, LOL, MVS will do EXACTLY what you need. Though, as far as I know, noone has modified FedEx Freight for MVS, so you may have to do that yourself.

Standard shipping modules do not work with MVS, nothing written for osC will work properly.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Well the second error is related to the first problem. Thing is, I don't understand exactly what is going on with the first problem, the county list is actually showing like that in the "Manage" section of MVS like that?

I would simlply say to double check all your admin edits, something is obviously not right, but it is hard to tell from what I can see. Use a file comparison program to check your files against those from provided in MVS.

Again thank you Craig.....the second problem is now fixed, yes the country list was actually showing in the Manage section like that. For some reason the bax, spu, freeamount and firstitemplus files didn't copy over, as soon as I did that the country list disappeared.

Unfortunately the first problem still exists, and I still have enable vendor shipping, use optional confirmation email and when to send the vendor email in shipping/packaging ten time each. I don't know that this is truly a big problem as I don't know what it will affect, but it's still there. I have gone through each and every admin file that came with the MVS package using winmerge and they are all identical to the ones on my server. I don't suppose it could have anything to do with how many times I tried to install the contribution before it actually worked could it? I suppose if it isn't going to create a problem I don't need to fix it, but it's still curious.

So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would be appreciated, even just to tell me that it's all good with the way it is and then I can just leave it and move on....lol

I'm wondering how people are using MVS & CCGV? I've got it working, thanks to maggi & craig's help, but I think I'm missing something. For instance, when I add items from mixed vendors to my cart, all is well. When I add a gift cert by itself, I'm forwarded to the payment page -- just as you would expect. When I add a gift cert along with an item from another vendor, however, I am forwarded to checkout_shipping with all of my shipping methods for the gift cert showing 1x0lbs -- with shipping quotes.

Am I missing something here? How do you handle gift certs, in terms of assigning a vendor to them? How do they work in peace with MVS? Will world peace ever be a reality?

thanks again all...

Ken