• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Incidentally, did you modify your checkout_payment.php so it will accept a redirect from checkout_shipping.php without having a shipping method selected? MVS includes code that will redirect back to checkout_shipping.php if no method is chosen by the customer.

Stew,

You know you saved my day!!! I have been working on this zero weight problem for days and have tried many different options. I did keep thinking it was something very simple but could not put a finger on it. But with your above comment about checkout_payment redirect, I could see my problem right away. this is my change

old code:

// MVS start if a shipping method has not been selected for all vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page

if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') { // This test only works under MVS

if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) != count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all selected

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));

}

} // MVS end

new code:

// MVS start if a shipping method has not been selected for all vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page

if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'false') { // This test only works under MVS

if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) != count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all selected

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));

}

} // MVS end

All I had to change was the "true" to "false" Thank you so very much all testing works great!!!!!

Sometimes we just look to hard.

Larry

<snip>

All I had to change was the "true" to "false" Thank you so very much all testing works great!!!!!

Larry

That change will cause this code to try to run when you have MVS turned off. It would be better to just comment out or delete this section of code. Also, disabling this test means that customers can check out without paying for shipping on real products. This may not be a concern to you. It's up to you to decide if this is a problem.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Maybe somebody posted this before but there is erroe in admin install instruction:

admin/includes/database_tables.php

===================================

=============

Find Line 57

=============

define('TABLE_ZONES', 'zones');

============================================

Add After Line 57 and before the closing ?>

//MVS Start

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_VENDOR', 'Vendor');

define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Qty');

define('TABLE_HEADING_VENDORS_SHIP', 'Shipper');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Method');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_COST', 'Ship Cost');

define('VENDOR_ORDER_SENT', 'Order Sent to ');

//MVS End

here should be table definition and this is part of english/orders.php

I used MVS 1.1 and admin part alredy installed and works great with other contributions :-)

Hope to do the same with user part :-)

Sincerely,

Dmitry

Stew,

You know you saved my day!!! I have been working on this zero weight problem for days and have tried many different options. I did keep thinking it was something very simple but could not put a finger on it. But with your above comment about checkout_payment redirect, I could see my problem right away. this is my change

Larry

Jim's right- I use

// MVS start if a shipping method has not been selected for all  vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if ( (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') && (($cart->content_type != 'virtual') ||
 ($total_weight > 0 )) ){ // This test only works under MVS, but is skipped for virtual and/or zero weight
 if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) !=  count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all  selected
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING,  'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));
		  }
	   } // MVS end

You still want the check to make sure shipping methods have been selected when MVS is turned on. Also if you turn that check to 'false' and then turn off MVS, your payment page will be broken.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

That change will cause this code to try to run when you have MVS turned off. It would be better to just comment out or delete this section of code. Also, disabling this test means that customers can check out without paying for shipping on real products. This may not be a concern to you. It's up to you to decide if this is a problem.

Regards

Jim

Jim.

I commented out this section of code and I have tested all purchase, product/weight/vendor scenario's we offer at our store. All worked and calulated without a glich Now, to build the store around the MVS contribution should increase sales and control. Giving us a more precise product/vendor/shipping system. Great job!!

Larry

Maybe somebody posted this before but there is erroe in admin install instruction:

admin/includes/database_tables.php

===================================

=============

Find Line 57

=============

define('TABLE_ZONES', 'zones');

Add After Line 57 and before the closing ?>

//MVS Start

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_VENDOR', 'Vendor');

define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Qty');

define('TABLE_HEADING_VENDORS_SHIP', 'Shipper');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Method');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_COST', 'Ship Cost');

define('VENDOR_ORDER_SENT', 'Order Sent to ');

//MVS End

here should be table definition and this is part of english/orders.php

I used MVS 1.1 and admin part alredy installed and works great with other contributions :-)

Hope to do the same with user part :-)

Sincerely,

Dmitry

Yes, thank you, that will be fixed in V1.2.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Is MVS support charges based on weight of the items and different suppliers??

From the readme:

================================================================================

=====================

What this Contribution Does:

=============================

This contribution changes the way osCommerce handles shipping. You can now set the shipping

parameters for each product individually. All of the following (and more) are possible:

1. Most products ship by a selection of standard shipping methods, but certain large and heavy items

ship by truck.

2. Products ship from one of two or more locations.

3. Some products ship by a selection of standard shipping methods, some must ship by a specific

method, others ship directly from several different suppliers.

4. Any combination of the above.

You can have orders sent directly to your supplier in the case of products that are shipped directly

from that supplier.

All of the necessary settings are controlled in the admin panel. There is an Admin page to set up

each Vendor (or shipper, or shipping method). There is an Admin panel for setting shipping modules

for each vendor, similar to the Shipping Modules page in the current Admin. There is also a

configuration setting to turn this whole Contribution off if it is no longer needed. In Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging.

Hope that answers your question.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Jim's right- I use
// MVS start if a shipping method has not been selected for all  vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if ( (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') && (($cart->content_type != 'virtual') ||
 ($total_weight > 0 )) ){ // This test only works under MVS, but is skipped for virtual and/or zero weight
 if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) !=  count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all  selected
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING,  'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));
		  }
	   } // MVS end

You still want the check to make sure shipping methods have been selected when MVS is turned on. Also if you turn that check to 'false' and then turn off MVS, your payment page will be broken.

Stew.

Thanks for all your help you were really the key to get this thing working.

Thanks

larry

Hi Craig,

My name is Toni. I have installed your mod and everything seems to work very well. Congrats on the mod and all of the hard work.

I am however having an issue. That I just noticed. When I create a test user, and place a test order, I get an email confirmation but when I go to admin to verify that the order was created, it doesn't appear. It does show up in the datebase under orders, and from the link in the email,, I can actually visualize the order at account_history.php

But admin/orders.php is just not displaying the order.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for the help and the great mod !

Hi Craig,

My name is Toni. I have installed your mod and everything seems to work very well. Congrats on the mod and all of the hard work.

I am however having an issue. That I just noticed. When I create a test user, and place a test order, I get an email confirmation but when I go to admin to verify that the order was created, it doesn't appear. It does show up in the datebase under orders, and from the link in the email,, I can actually visualize the order at account_history.php

But admin/orders.php is just not displaying the order.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for the help and the great mod !

Well, you need to check that you made all the edits to admin/orders.php and admin/includes/classes/order.php and that you uploaded all the MVS files into the proper directories.

If the orders are showing in the database, then this is really the only cause of this type of problem, unless something really off the wall.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Can you add region mod to mvs? I have tried and I get this error "fatal error which is pointing to sort_order".

Any help from anybody?

I would say you need to be way more specific than this. What is the contribution you are trying to get to work with MVS (a link would be nice) and what is the actual error you are seeing (cut and paste would be nice).

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I would say you need to be way more specific than this. What is the contribution you are trying to get to work with MVS (a link would be nice) and what is the actual error you are seeing (cut and paste would be nice).

this is the error Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sort_order() in /home/xxx/xblic_xx/xx/vendor_modules.php on line 136

I am trying to install regions base shipping mod.

this is the error Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sort_order() in /home/xxx/xblic_xx/xx/vendor_modules.php on line 136

I am trying to install regions base shipping mod.

This is a call to a method of the shipping module class. If you are trying to install a new shipping module, that module will need to be modified to work with MVS. See the modification instructions in the modules.txt file in the MVS distribution.

Regards

Jim

This is a call to a method of the shipping module class. If you are trying to install a new shipping module, that module will need to be modified to work with MVS. See the modification instructions in the modules.txt file in the MVS distribution.

Regards

Jim

Has anyone changed the regions shipping mod so it can be used with MVS? Just asking before I try.

Did anyone have a problem with adding a searched item to the cart and having the cart emptied?

Here's what happens:

When trying to add an item to cart from searched results buy clicking "buy now" next to item title, the item is not added and the cart is emptied. Instead of adding the item to the cart and it displays "Your Shopping Cart is empty!" and removes previously added items from the cart. The only way to add the search item to the cart is to click on the item's title which then takes you to the item's description page, then, and only then can the search item be added to the cart and the items in the cart will not be deleted.

thanks for the help in advance.

Nate

Did anyone have a problem with adding a searched item to the cart and having the cart emptied?

Here's what happens:

When trying to add an item to cart from searched results buy clicking "buy now" next to item title, the item is not added and the cart is emptied. Instead of adding the item to the cart and it displays "Your Shopping Cart is empty!" and removes previously added items from the cart. The only way to add the search item to the cart is to click on the item's title which then takes you to the item's description page, then, and only then can the search item be added to the cart and the items in the cart will not be deleted.

thanks for the help in advance.

Nate

Nate, I don't see this behavior on any of the sites I have MVS installed, test stores and live ones. Double check your edits in catalog/advanced_search_results.php(if you have modified this file for any purpose), catalog/shopping_cart.php(if you have modified this file for any purpose), includes/application_top.php, includes/classes/shopping_cart.php, includes/functions/general.php as these would be the files I would expect to invovle this issue.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi Jim,

Just a quick note to point out that a bug you had previously found in the admin/invoice.php file whereby product attributes / options were not displaying for all but the first product ordered seems to have crept back in to the contribution...

ref: Almost at the bottom of this page - http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...01973-1050.html - you made this code change:

<code>echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['orders_products'][$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

</code>

A close examination of that line shows that the first index on the Value is an i where it should be l. Another reason why I won't use single-letter variables. Here's the correct line:

<code>echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

</code>

All the best,

Paul.

Hi Jim,

Just a quick note to point out that a bug you had previously found in the admin/invoice.php file whereby product attributes / options were not displaying for all but the first product ordered seems to have crept back in to the contribution...

ref: Almost at the bottom of this page - http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...01973-1050.html - you made this code change:

<code>echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['orders_products'][$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

</code>

A close examination of that line shows that the first index on the Value is an i where it should be l. Another reason why I won't use single-letter variables. Here's the correct line:

<code>echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

</code>

All the best,

Paul.

Good catch Paul, I am not sure how that got back into 1.1, but definitely there. I have added the fix to the 1.2, so it won't happen again.

Thanks, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi Jim,

<snip code>

Paul.

Paul

Thanks for noticing that. We sometimes have trouble keeping track of these. We'll try to do better in the future.

Regards

Jim

Nate, I don't see this behavior on any of the sites I have MVS installed, test stores and live ones. Double check your edits in catalog/advanced_search_results.php(if you have modified this file for any purpose), catalog/shopping_cart.php(if you have modified this file for any purpose), includes/application_top.php, includes/classes/shopping_cart.php, includes/functions/general.php as these would be the files I would expect to invovle this issue.

Thanks Craig,

I just tested it on a clean/fresh catalog and it works correctly. Atleast, the catalog_install portion works so far. I haven't made it to the admin yet. This contribution must be conficting with one of my other installed contributions.

Looks like I'll start from scratch, then try adding back the previously installed contributions (if i can find/remember them). Will have to also export then import database info (products, catagories, ect.)

Any know problems w/ Ultimate SEO URLs and HeaderTags contributions?

thanks again,

Nate

Thanks Craig,

I just tested it on a clean/fresh catalog and it works correctly. Atleast, the catalog_install portion works so far. I haven't made it to the admin yet. This contribution must be conficting with one of my other installed contributions.

Looks like I'll start from scratch, then try adding back the previously installed contributions (if i can find/remember them). Will have to also export then import database info (products, catagories, ect.)

Any know problems w/ Ultimate SEO URLs and HeaderTags contributions?

thanks again,

Nate

I have Header Tags installed on most every site along with MVS, so no issues there, I have not personally worked Ultimate SEO URLs, but it really shouldn't be a problem.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Ok this is likely going to be the award for silliest question ever asked on a support thread but here goes I am trying to install MVS 1.1 and I am looking at the Admin_Install.txt file and in the list of files to be added to admin it says

###### admin/includes/classes/vendor_order_data.php(added directly to classes/order.php for PHP compatibility)######

this is confusing me do I add this as a new file or do I open it and add it to classes/order.php?????

Any help with this likely very ridiculous question would be appreciated. :blush: