• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I don't see the content_type of "virtual_weight" anywhere in the code that you pasted. I also don't see anything wrong with that code. The only store that I have that is using both CCGV and MVS is using an older version of CCGV which is quite different, so that's no help. You still have a bug somewhere, but I doubt that it's in this particular code. Unless I've missed something. That's quite possible.

Regards

Jim

I have been over each area of code from MVS and it all seems to match with your instructions. The only area that I think could have a problem, is where my PayPal webpro contrbution is. These two contributions overlap and I put them together but maybe I did something wrong. I will paste that code for you. Do you think that breaking up MVS code would cause this 0 weight problem.

//MVS

if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'vendor_shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new shipping;

} else {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new shipping;

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();

$cost = $cart->show_total();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents();

}

//---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//

if (tep_paypal_wpp_enabled()) {

$ec_enabled = true;

} else {

$ec_enabled = false;

}

if ($ec_enabled) {

if (isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_temp')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_temp');

if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_token');

if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_payer_id');

if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_payer_info');

}

$show_payment_page = false;

$config_query = tep_db_query("SELECT configuration_value FROM " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_DISPLAY_PAYMENT_PAGE' LIMIT 1");

if (tep_db_num_rows($config_query) > 0) {

$config_result = tep_db_fetch_array($config_query);

if ($config_result['configuration_value'] == 'Yes') {

$show_payment_page = true;

}

}

$ec_checkout = true;

if (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) {

$ec_checkout = false;

$show_payment_page = true;

} else {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_register('payment');

$payment = 'paypal_wpp';

}

}

//---PayPal WPP Modification END ---//

// process the selected shipping method

if ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['action'] == 'process') ) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'])) {

$comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);

}

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

$total_shipping_cost = 0;

$shipping_title = MULTIPLE_SHIP_METHODS_TITLE;

$vendor_shipping = $cart->vendor_shipping;

$shipping = array();

foreach ($vendor_shipping as $vendor_id => $vendor_data) {

$products_shipped = $_POST['products_' . $vendor_id];

$products_array = explode ("_", $products_shipped);

$shipping_data = $_POST['shipping_' . $vendor_id];

$shipping_array = explode ("_", $shipping_data);

$module = $shipping_array[0];

$method = $shipping_array[1];

$ship_tax = $shipping_array[2];

if ( is_object($$module) || ($module == 'free') ) {

if ($module == 'free') {

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] = FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE;

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'] = '0';

} else {

$total_weight = $vendor_shipping[$vendor_id]['weight'];

$shipping_weight = $total_weight;

$cost = $vendor_shipping[$vendor_id]['cost'];

$total_count = $vendor_shipping[$vendor_id]['qty'];

$quote = $shipping_modules->quote($method, $module, $vendor_id);

}

if (isset($quote['error'])) {

tep_session_unregister('shipping');

} else {

if ( (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'])) && (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'])) ) {

$output[$vendor_id] = array('id' => $module . '_' . $method,

'title' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'],

'ship_tax' => $ship_tax,

'products' => $products_array,

'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']

);

$total_ship_tax += $ship_tax;

$total_shipping_cost += $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'];

}//if isset

}//if isset

}//if is_object

}//foreach

if ($free_shipping == true) {

$shipping_title = $quote[0]['module'];

} elseif (count($output) <2) {

$shipping_title = $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'];

}

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,

'title' => $shipping_title,

'cost' => $total_shipping_cost,

'shipping_tax_total' => $total_ship_tax,

'vendor' => $output

);

} else {

if ( (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['shipping'])) && (strpos($HTTP_POST_VARS['shipping'], '_')) ) {

$shipping = $HTTP_POST_VARS['shipping'];

list($module, $method) = explode('_', $shipping);

if ( is_object($$module) || ($shipping == 'free_free') ) {

if ($shipping == 'free_free') {

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] = FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE;

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'] = '0';

} else {

$quote = $shipping_modules->quote($method, $module);

}

}

if (isset($quote['error'])) {

} else {

if ( (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'])) && (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'])) ) {

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

if ($show_payment_page || !$ec_enabled) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

} else {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'));

}

}

}

} else {

}

}

if ($show_payment_page || !$ec_enabled) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

} else {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'));

}

exit;

} //MVS END

Thanks

Larry

I have been over each area of code from MVS and it all seems to match with your instructions. The only area that I think could have a problem, is where my PayPal webpro contrbution is. These two contributions overlap and I put them together but maybe I did something wrong. I will paste that code for you. Do you think that breaking up MVS code would cause this 0 weight problem.

<code snipped>

Thanks

Larry

I don't see anything in there that would cause your problem. I've never used Paypal, so I may be missing something here. Perhaps somebody who has used both can give you a more informed opinion.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

In checkout_process, how can I include the quoted vendor shipping rate in the e-mail to the vendor?

(I want the vendor to be able to check each time that we haven't undercharged for shipping)

Cheers,

Paul.

You should compare the files included in the package with the files in the version you installed to find the updates on the catalog side. On the admin, side I would suggest doing the same thing with osC modified files, and replacing the MVS files with the new versions, make back ups of every file you replace or update, VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No changes will be made to your existing Vendors, so you won't need to change any product info(re-assign Vendors).

Good luck, Craig :)

Thanks Craig. Something else for my every growing longer to do list! :-) :-)

In checkout_process, how can I include the quoted vendor shipping rate in the e-mail to the vendor?

(I want the vendor to be able to check each time that we haven't undercharged for shipping)

Cheers,

Paul.

You would need to add a call to the db(TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING), for "shipping_cost" in this query:

$vendor_data_query = tep_db_query("select v.vendors_id, v.vendors_name, v.vendors_email, v.vendors_contact, v.vendor_add_info, v.vendor_street, v.vendor_city, v.vendor_state, v.vendors_zipcode, v.vendor_country, v.account_number, v.vendors_status_send, os.shipping_module, os.shipping_method, os.shipping_cost, os.shipping_tax, os.vendor_order_sent from " . TABLE_VENDORS . " v,  " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " os where v.vendors_id=os.vendors_id and v.vendors_id='" . $vendors_id . "' and os.orders_id='" . (int)$oID . "' and v.vendors_status_send='" . $status . "'");

Then, you would need to add it to the email body:

$vendor_products[$l]['Vzipcode'] . ' ' . $vendor_country . '<br>' . '<br>' . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' . 'Special Comments or Instructions:  ' . $vendor_products[$l]['Vinstructions'] .'<br>' . '<br>' . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' . 'From: ' . STORE_OWNER . '<br>' . STORE_NAME_ADDRESS . '<br>' . 'Accnt #: ' . $vendor_products[$l]['Vaccount'] . '<br>' . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . '<br>' .  EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' . '<br> Shipping Method: ' .  $vendor_products[$l]['Vmodule'] . ' -- '  .  $vendor_products[$l]['Vmethod'] .  '<br>' .  EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' . '<br>Dropship deliver to:<br>' .

It shouldn't be very difficult.

Good luck, if you have any trouble, post back and we will work it outl.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I don't know if anyone has posted a patch for the javascript on checkout_shipping.php (when you mouseover a shipping method, it is highlighted in a color slightly darker than the selected method, then when you click it is the only highlighted selection and it is selected, except with MVS you would have to actually click on the radio button to select the shipping method), but I got it to work and this is what I did:

In catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php at about line 204 find this:

echo tep_draw_radio_field('shipping_' . $vendor_id, $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] . '_' . $shipping_tax, $checked);

and change it to

echo tep_draw_radio_field('shipping_' . $vendor_id, $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] . '_' . $shipping_tax, $checked, 'id="shipping_' . $radio_buttons. '"');

Then in catalog/checkout_shipping.php at about line 206 find

// one button is not an array
 if (document.checkout_address.shipping[0]) {
document.checkout_address.shipping[buttonSelect].checked=true;
 } else {
document.checkout_address.shipping.checked=true;
 }
}

and change it to

<?php
 ?>

var field = document.getElementById('shipping_' + buttonSelect);
 if (field) field.checked=true;

<?php } else { ?>
 // one element is not an array
 } else {
 }
}

<?php } ?>

}

I've tested this on a production site with RC5 and a test site with 1.1 and both worked fine.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Well, I think I got UPS straightened out - I was right, I needed the lines concerning "country" back into the english.php file. *rolls her eyes*.

Though, when I have products in the shopping cart that require UPS, the very top of the checkout_shipping.php page has TABLE_HEADING_something or other (not currently on the page). So, it's something with that file.

Now, I am having a problem with the checkout confirmation page. Stupid PayPal IPN .... so I'm off to that forum.

Thanks for everyone's help - I hope I never see you again (problem wise) LOL j/k! You guys are great!

I don't see anything in there that would cause your problem. I've never used Paypal, so I may be missing something here. Perhaps somebody who has used both can give you a more informed opinion.

Regards

Jim

Jim

I do believe that my problem is in my downloads controller. the reason I think this is because if I try to ship any product that has not been setup through my downloads controller they seem to work fine. But if I try to ship a product that has been setup through the controller then it will hangup and give me Page can not be displayed. But if I ship this downloads controller product with another product it will ship ok. When MVS is turned off then my downloads controller product works just fine. Is there any known bugs with MVS and the downloads controller?

{edit}

Thanks

Larry

This is identical to the same section in my file. I haven't had any problems but I don't do downloads. Are you trying to do Zero Weight Skips shipping?

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I don't know if anyone has posted a patch for the javascript on checkout_shipping.php (when you mouseover a shipping method, it is highlighted in a color slightly darker than the selected method, then when you click it is the only highlighted selection and it is selected, except with MVS you would have to actually click on the radio button to select the shipping method), but I got it to work and this is what I did:

<snip>

This doesn't work in my test store. It's fine when there is only one vendor to be selected, but with two vendors the second vendor's selection overrides the first one. Any suggestions?

Regards

Jim

Jim

I do believe that my problem is in my downloads controller....

I don't remember seeing any problems associated with the Downloads Controller, but this thread has gotten so long that I might be forgetting something. I haven't use the Downloads Controller so I'm not going to be any help here.

Regards

Jim

This doesn't work in my test store. It's fine when there is only one vendor to be selected, but with two vendors the second vendor's selection overrides the first one. Any suggestions?

Regards

Jim

Crikey- $radio_buttons resets for each vendor. Ok, we need to pass the vendor id to the JavaScript too.

Do it this way- in catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php at about line 188 find this:

if ( ($checked == true) || ($n == 1 && $n2 == 1) ) {
		  echo '				  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
		} else {
		  echo '				  <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
		}

and change it to this:

echo '				  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ', ' . $vendor_id .')">' . "\n";
		} else {
		  echo '				  <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ', ' . $vendor_id . ')">' . "\n";
		}

Then at about line 204 find this:

echo tep_draw_radio_field('shipping_' . $vendor_id,  $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] . '_' .  $shipping_tax, $checked);

and change it to

echo tep_draw_radio_field('shipping_' . $vendor_id, $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] . '_' . $shipping_tax, $checked, 'id="shipping_radio_' . $radio_buttons. '_' . $vendor_id . '"');

Then in catalog/checkout_shipping.php at about line 193 find this:

function selectRowEffect(object, buttonSelect) {

and change it to this:

function selectRowEffect(object, buttonSelect, vendor) {

Then at about line 206 find

// one button is not an array
 } else {
 }
}

and change it to

<?php
 ?>

var field = document.getElementById('shipping_radio_' + buttonSelect + '_' + vendor);
 if (field) field.checked=true;

<?php } else { ?>
 } else {
 }

<?php } ?>

}

This should degrade gracefully- ie not passing the vendor id to the JavaScript on a non-MVS order should not cause any problems with the script as in that case vendor id would not be used anyway. I tested this with multiple vendors and with MVS turned off and it worked correctly in both scenarios.

<code snipped>

This should degrade gracefully- ie not passing the vendor id to the JavaScript on a non-MVS order should not cause any problems with the script as in that case vendor id would not be used anyway. I tested this with multiple vendors and with MVS turned off and it worked correctly in both scenarios.

Great, that now selects the radio buttons correctly. I played with this but could never get it to do this much before. Thanks!

It still messes up the highlighting though. The first vendor ends up with no highlighted line (but the radio button stays checked) and the second one gets two highlights. I'll take another look at that; it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Regards

Jim

This is identical to the same section in my file. I haven't had any problems but I don't do downloads. Are you trying to do Zero Weight Skips shipping?

Thanks for your reply

I have tried many different combinations of products, different vendors and different weights, including zero weight.

Zero weight will work as long as I have a weighted product with it in my cart, no matter if it is listed through the downloads controller or not, or no matter which vendor it is listed under.

If I have a free ship product that has a weight not listed through the downloads controller, listed with a vendor that ships with only free shipping turned on, this works great. But if I have a product listed through the downloads controller and it ships by itself weighted or not, it will give me page can not be displayed.

Also any product with zero weight shipping by itself, not listed through the controller will also give me page can not be displayed. Zero weight is not an option! Unless shipped with a weighted product.

All combinations of listed products and vendors works perfectly until I try to ship a product listed through the downloads controller by itself weighted or not. My downloads controller works and has worked for a long time until I turn on MVS. I do believe there must be some conflit with the two contributions.

I now do not think that the code in the section I pasted "identical to your" is at all a factor or cause to my problem. I believe I was looking in the wrong direction.

Larry

Great, that now selects the radio buttons correctly. I played with this but could never get it to do this much before. Thanks!

It still messes up the highlighting though. The first vendor ends up with no highlighted line (but the radio button stays checked) and the second one gets two highlights. I'll take another look at that; it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Regards

Jim

I missed that- each table row should have a unique id.

The following instructions assume you have already applied the patch in my previous post.

In catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php at about line 188 find

echo '				  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ', ' . $vendor_id .')">' . "\n";
		} else {
		  echo '				  <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ', ' . $vendor_id . ')">' . "\n";
		}

and change it to:

echo '				  <tr id="defaultSelected_' . $vendor_id . '_' . $radio_buttons . '" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ', ' . $vendor_id .')">' . "\n";
		} else {
		  echo '				  <tr id="defaultSelected_' . $vendor_id . '_' . $radio_buttons . '" class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ', ' . $vendor_id . ')">' . "\n";
		}

and in catalog/checkout_shipping.php change the entire JavaScript section to this:

<script language="javascript"><!--
<?php
 ?>

function selectRowEffect(object, buttonSelect, vendor) {

var test='defaultSelected_' + vendor;//set aside defaultSelected_' . $vendor_id . '
  var el=document.getElementsByTagName('tr');//all the tr elements
 for(var i=0;i<el.length;i++){
 var p=el[i].id.replace(test,'').replace(/\d/g,'');//strip the $radio_buttons value
 if(p=='_'){//the only thing left is an underscore
 el[i].className = "moduleRow";//make the matching elements normal
 }
 }

object.className = "moduleRowSelected";//override el[i].className and highlight the clicked row

var field = document.getElementById('shipping_radio_' + buttonSelect + '_' + vendor);
 if (field) field.checked=true;//fill in the button in the clicked row if it exists
 }
  <?php } else { ?>

var selected;

function selectRowEffect(object, buttonSelect) {
 if (!selected) {
if (document.getElementById) {
  selected = document.getElementById('defaultSelected');
} else {
  selected = document.all['defaultSelected'];
}
 }

if (selected) selected.className = 'moduleRow';
 object.className = 'moduleRowSelected';
 selected = object;

} else {
 }
} 
<?php } ?>

function rowOverEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRow') object.className = 'moduleRowOver';
}

function rowOutEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRowOver') object.className = 'moduleRow';
}
//--></script>

Thanks for your reply

Larry

I don't know anything about Download Controller, but what in general is it that you're trying to do? For instance, do you want to skip the shipping page when the only products in the cart are zero weight?

I missed that- each table row should have a unique id.

<code snipped>

That did it. Thankyou thankyou thankyou. I really appreciate being able to take that one off the buglist. Not to mention fixing a couple of stores.

I really should learn Javascript some day. If that's possible.

Regards

Jim

I don't know anything about Download Controller, but what in general is it that you're trying to do? For instance, do you want to skip the shipping page when the only products in the cart are zero weight?

Yes, that is just what I am trying to do.

Thank you for nice contribution :-) I have some contributions installed on my store.

SEO URL contribution

OSCommerce Affiliate

RMA Returns system

gift certificates

Pay Pal Payment Pro

Product attributes

Shopping cart

And think that some of them can have poblems with MVS.

So i'm going to install MVS 1.1 right now and wonder - is every change in code marked by "//MVS start"....

It's to long way for me to compare all files and then put all contributions back :-(.

Sincerely, Dmitry

Yes, that is just what I am trying to do.

Check out this thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105056&st=0

and its corresponding contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3480

That did it. Thankyou thankyou thankyou. I really appreciate being able to take that one off the buglist. Not to mention fixing a couple of stores.

I really should learn Javascript some day. If that's possible.

Regards

Jim

I've found it's really not that much different from PHP, as far as the logic it uses is concerned, and you can do all sorts of crazy client side stuff with it. If you really want to go crazy, learn AJAX- you can do things like have real-time database updates without page reloads.

Cheers

Stew

Thanks for the link however, I did install Lanes code but it made no differents. With MVS turned off it worked great with zero weight, but when I turn MVS on it then goes to page can not be displayed. I also just reinstalled the most current ver. off CCGV because it works with paypal ipn and that also made no differents.

Thanks

Larry

Thanks for the link however, I did install Lanes code but it made no differents. With MVS turned off it worked great with zero weight, but when I turn MVS on it then goes to page can not be displayed. I also just reinstalled the most current ver. off CCGV because it works with paypal ipn and that also made no differents.

Thanks

Larry

A page cannot be displayed error is pretty specific- it means the page you're trying to to view doesn't exist or cannot be accessed. What is the URL shown in your browsers address bar when you see this error?

Thanks

Larry

Incidentally, did you modify your checkout_payment.php so it will accept a redirect from checkout_shipping.php without having a shipping method selected? MVS includes code that will redirect back to checkout_shipping.php if no method is chosen by the customer.