• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I don't seem to be able to get a clear answer on MVS and UPS XML.

I clearly do not have dimensions recorded against my products. There are no fields for hold them. So while UPS XML is installed as a shipping module, the product fields it relies on are absent.

As far as I can see and so you have to install UPS XML first then this one. Is that correct?

Dimensional support in UPSXML is optional. If you want to use this option, you need to run the optional SQL update and enable the option. You will also need to enter package sizes in your database. There is more information on this provided with the UPSXML contribution.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hello,

Does anyone know how or if easy populate can be used with MVS? If so, what additional fields do I need to add to load the corerect vendor info?

TIA

EasyPopulate has been modified to work with MVS(MVS started with VendorAutomatic Email), I have not looked at that for a while(other than using it myself) but should do the job just fine(the one that says for VendorAutoEmail), there is a copy of it in the MVS_Options download as well as on the EP contrib page.

UPS XML only can use dimensions if the "optional" components are installed as well. These additions have no connection with MVS whatsoever, so they are not added by defauly during installation of MVS.

The standard osCommerce shippng modules have been modified and are included in this package.

The UPS module was replaced with the UPS Choice for functionality purposes and the contribution

package is included in the "MVS_Options" folder. Also in this folder is the contribution folder and

all unmodified files for the UPSXML contribution that has been modified for MVS. Package Dimension

support has NOT been included with MVS, although the files it uses are included(packaging.php), so if you are interested in using that part of the UPSXML contribution, you will have to install it seperately. You will find other optional contributions

that have either been modified to work with MVS or written specifically for MVS but are not included

with the standard installation.

The above quote is from the 'readme' in MVSV1.1, please read before asking questions we have already answered, MVS has taken a lot of time for Jim and I to write, and we both have "day jobs" as well, we have put great effort into providing as much information as possible, and we will continue to do our best, but help us out by at least reading through what we have provided before posting here. If there are problems, no matter how trivial, we will try to help, we want everyone to be able to reep the benefits of MVS.

Hope everyone get's it going, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

EasyPopulate has been modified to work with MVS(MVS started with VendorAutomatic Email), I have not looked at that for a while(other than using it myself) but should do the job just fine(the one that says for VendorAutoEmail), there is a copy of it in the MVS_Options download as well as on the EP contrib page.

Hello Craig,

I have the MVS_Option package from sourceforge. I looked at the sample ep file that was include but did not see any field(s) for the vendor info. After looking thru the Vendor_mod_easypopulate.php file, I'm with you now.

Thanks!!

Eddie

Question about my spurious = signs, could they be caused by a character set mismatch between mysql and the smtp server?

That is a possibility, but very strange one. And you don't get this without MVS enabled right? It could be the HTML, but the email to the customer is plain text, so probably not. DUH?!

I don't think I have ever seen that happen in any of the many test environments I have built and used. What versions of PHP and MySql are you working with? Apache or Windows? Apache can run on Windows, so is it IIS or an Apache webserver? This could be very important as well, if it is a windows sever(I think you wrote earlieer that it was) is PHP running as cgi or a service?

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Is anybody up to a challenge? I've tried installing this mode a few time w/ out any luck. After intalling the mod, items cannot be added to the cart. There's conficting lines with the "Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts" mod which is already installed. Does anybody want to try and figure this out? PM or email if interested.

thanks,

nate

[email protected]

found a couple things that need correction on a future release.

/catalog/admin/categories.php

lines 696-702

Language there needs to be moved the the language files

There is an extra </tr> in that block also.

the no-break-space code ( ) needs to end in a semicolon. mozilla engine will not see that as a no-break-space code and display  

-----------

line 1065

Edited by surfalot

found a couple things that need correction on a future release.

/catalog/admin/categories.php

lines 696-702

There is an extra </tr> in that block also.

the no-break-space code ( ) needs to end in a semicolon. mozilla engine will not see that as a no-break-space code and display  

-----------

line 1065

Thanks Todd, I will make the changes and include them in the next release.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hopefully this is the last silly question from me.......hopefully *grins*

When I create a New Vendor - and I'm filling out their address, city, state, zip code - when I assign UPS to that vendor - UPS uses that address as the ship from address right? Want to make sure because one vendor has an office in NC, but ships from their warehouse in PA and I put their PA address in when setting them up as a vendor.

Just want to make sure that UPS module never uses MY address as the ship from address because I hold no inventory.

THanks in advance

Hopefully this is the last silly question from me.......hopefully *grins*

When I create a New Vendor - and I'm filling out their address, city, state, zip code - when I assign UPS to that vendor - UPS uses that address as the ship from address right? Want to make sure because one vendor has an office in NC, but ships from their warehouse in PA and I put their PA address in when setting them up as a vendor.

Just want to make sure that UPS module never uses MY address as the ship from address because I hold no inventory.

THanks in advance

This is CORRECT :thumbsup: This was, and IS, the purpose of MVS. To ignore the store location, and use a separately defined location as the "ship from" location for shipping quotes.

Hope you like it, Criag :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

This is a great contribution and I love it, but I have found one problem that I have not been able to fix.

When I have a product "say an MP3 file" using my downloads controller, and this download product is in my shopping cart when I click checkout, the checkout_payment page will not come in.

Instead, I get page cannot be displayed, it seems to hang up on the checkout_shipping page. This will happen with any other product that has 0 for weight.

All works very will as long as there is a weight on any given products.

Even if the free shipping module is turned on in MVS the same thing happens.

When I turn off my MVS module all works just fine.

Has anyone had this problem?

This is a great contribution and I love it, but I have found one problem that I have not been able to fix.

When I have a product "say an MP3 file" using my downloads controller, and this download product is in my shopping cart when I click checkout, the checkout_payment page will not come in.

Instead, I get page cannot be displayed, it seems to hang up on the checkout_shipping page. This will happen with any other product that has 0 for weight.

All works very will as long as there is a weight on any given products.

Even if the free shipping module is turned on in MVS the same thing happens.

When I turn off my MVS module all works just fine.

Has anyone had this problem?

I just tried this on two different test stores by setting a product to zero weight and attempting to purchase it. Both worked. Do you have any other differences other than zero weight? Can you try this with a non-downloadable product to see if it does the same thing?

Regards

Jim

I just tried this on two different test stores by setting a product to zero weight and attempting to purchase it. Both worked. Do you have any other differences other than zero weight? Can you try this with a non-downloadable product to see if it does the same thing?

Regards

Jim

I did try this on a physical cd product to see, and it gave me the same problem. Thanks for the response.

I did try this on a physical cd product to see, and it gave me the same problem. Thanks for the response.

Are you using MVS 1.1? There was an early version that used product weight to determine if shipping could be skipped. That code never worked entirely right. If you are using the latest version, then there has to be something wrong with your code. Check your changes to the top of checkout_shipping.php and to checkout_payment.php.

Regards

Jim

Hi guys,

A little off topic but in the general digital goods realm. I am trying to run CCGV with MVS and I don't have any problems with the customer purchasing the item but is there a certain shipping type we should use for digital goods? I was using Free Shipping but wondered if there was something better like a no shipping for digital goods?

I actually have a problem with the vouchers not entering the queue after purchase but I think that is related to PayPal IPN not MVS.

Anyways MVS is working with digital goods on my site.

Thanks,

Stephanie :)

Are you using MVS 1.1? There was an early version that used product weight to determine if shipping could be skipped. That code never worked entirely right. If you are using the latest version, then there has to be something wrong with your code. Check your changes to the top of checkout_shipping.php and to checkout_payment.php.

Regards

Jim

I am using MVS 1.1, I wll check all of my coding again today and let you know. Thanks

I have PayPal Website Payments Pro contribution installed and the code in checkout_shipping overlaps with MVS code I think this is where my problem is. Althought WPP seems to work ok I will redo the code and see if I can find the problem.

I thought this may help you to understand my code so I am pasting it here may someone will see something I haven't yet. This is checkout_shipping where MVS starts on the page

//MVS start

if (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 0 || SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD; ?></b></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'vendor_shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new shipping;

} else {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new shipping;

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();

$cost = $cart->show_total();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents();

}

//---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//

if (tep_paypal_wpp_enabled()) {

$ec_enabled = true;

} else {

$ec_enabled = false;

}

if ($ec_enabled) {

if (isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_temp')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_temp');

if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_token');

if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_payer_id');

if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_payer_info');

}

$show_payment_page = false;

$config_query = tep_db_query("SELECT configuration_value FROM " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_DISPLAY_PAYMENT_PAGE' LIMIT 1");

if (tep_db_num_rows($config_query) > 0) {

$config_result = tep_db_fetch_array($config_query);

if ($config_result['configuration_value'] == 'Yes') {

$show_payment_page = true;

}

}

$ec_checkout = true;

if (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) {

$ec_checkout = false;

$show_payment_page = true;

} else {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_register('payment');

$payment = 'paypal_wpp';

}

}

//---PayPal WPP Modification END ---//

// process the selected shipping method

if ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['action'] == 'process') ) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'])) {

$comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);

}

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {

$total_shipping_cost = 0;

$shipping_title = MULTIPLE_SHIP_METHODS_TITLE;

$vendor_shipping = $cart->vendor_shipping;

$shipping = array();

foreach ($vendor_shipping as $vendor_id => $vendor_data) {

$products_shipped = $_POST['products_' . $vendor_id];

$products_array = explode ("_", $products_shipped);

$shipping_data = $_POST['shipping_' . $vendor_id];

$shipping_array = explode ("_", $shipping_data);

$module = $shipping_array[0];

$method = $shipping_array[1];

$ship_tax = $shipping_array[2];

if ( is_object($$module) || ($module == 'free') ) {

if ($module == 'free') {

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] = FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE;

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'] = '0';

} else {

$total_weight = $vendor_shipping[$vendor_id]['weight'];

$shipping_weight = $total_weight;

$cost = $vendor_shipping[$vendor_id]['cost'];

$total_count = $vendor_shipping[$vendor_id]['qty'];

$quote = $shipping_modules->quote($method, $module, $vendor_id);

}

if (isset($quote['error'])) {

tep_session_unregister('shipping');

} else {

if ( (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'])) && (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'])) ) {

$output[$vendor_id] = array('id' => $module . '_' . $method,

'title' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'],

'ship_tax' => $ship_tax,

'products' => $products_array,

'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']

);

$total_ship_tax += $ship_tax;

$total_shipping_cost += $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'];

}//if isset

}//if isset

}//if is_object

}//foreach

if ($free_shipping == true) {

$shipping_title = $quote[0]['module'];

} elseif (count($output) <2) {

$shipping_title = $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'];

}

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,

'title' => $shipping_title,

'cost' => $total_shipping_cost,

'shipping_tax_total' => $total_ship_tax,

'vendor' => $output

);

} else {

if ( (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['shipping'])) && (strpos($HTTP_POST_VARS['shipping'], '_')) ) {

$shipping = $HTTP_POST_VARS['shipping'];

list($module, $method) = explode('_', $shipping);

if ( is_object($$module) || ($shipping == 'free_free') ) {

if ($shipping == 'free_free') {

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] = FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE;

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'] = '0';

} else {

$quote = $shipping_modules->quote($method, $module);

}

}

if (isset($quote['error'])) {

} else {

if ( (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'])) && (isset($quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'])) ) {

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

if ($show_payment_page || !$ec_enabled) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

} else {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'));

}

}

}

} else {

}

}

if ($show_payment_page || !$ec_enabled) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

} else {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'));

}

exit;

} //MVS END

Dimensional support in UPSXML is optional. If you want to use this option, you need to run the optional SQL update and enable the option. You will also need to enter package sizes in your database. There is more information on this provided with the UPSXML contribution.

Regards

Jim

Hit me over the head with a brick as I must need it! What optional SQL update? I can't find anything in this contribution, optional or otherwise, that adds the required fields to the database. There is only one SQL file and it only changes to the Product table are to add vendor fields.

And even if they did add fields to the database, where are the Admin code changes for the Product maintenance program to actually enter the content for each product? They are not there as far as I can see.

So do I have to install the UPS XML contribution itself before I install this one?

Hit me over the head with a brick as I must need it! What optional SQL update? I can't find anything in this contribution, optional or otherwise, that adds the required fields to the database. There is only one SQL file and it only changes to the Product table are to add vendor fields.

And even if they did add fields to the database, where are the Admin code changes for the Product maintenance program to actually enter the content for each product? They are not there as far as I can see.

So do I have to install the UPS XML contribution itself before I install this one?

Simply, yes.

That is a possibility, but very strange one. And you don't get this without MVS enabled right? It could be the HTML, but the email to the customer is plain text, so probably not. DUH?!

I don't think I have ever seen that happen in any of the many test environments I have built and used. What versions of PHP and MySql are you working with? Apache or Windows? Apache can run on Windows, so is it IIS or an Apache webserver? This could be very important as well, if it is a windows sever(I think you wrote earlieer that it was) is PHP running as cgi or a service?

I have it on a hosted system, so this is what I have found out:

System Windows NT DEDI419 5.2 build 3790

Build Date Jul 11 2005 16:08:47

Server API ISAPI

Virtual Directory Support enabled

Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS\php.ini

PHP Version 4.4.0

PHP API 20020918

PHP Extension 20020429

Zend Extension 20050606

Debug Build no

Zend Memory Manager enabled

Thread Safety enabled

Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, compress.zlib

MySQL 4.0.25

HTTP Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

Still researching which mail server they use

I found my problem, the code I posted above is good my problem was in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php. There was some code I did not take out from an old multi vendor contribution I just missed it when installing the new MVS 1.1. Anyway, thanks to all of you for your help.

Hopefully someone has seen this?

I would be asking the fedex contrib people in their forum but I didn't have this error before vender shipping so I hope one of you would be able to help.

Using FedEx, I get the quotes and everything just fine. Everything is great until we get to the payment options page where the it is blank with this error message:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for _setservice() in /home/mywebsite/public_html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 309

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mywebste/public_html/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php:309) in /home/mywebsite/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 45

I guess I missed reading about this as it seems to have already been solved here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=727391

Sorry for posting the question... there are a lot of pages to sort through.

-----------

When going back to edit my shipping refrence, the prefrence I chose before is always cleared and I am forced to re-select my shipping prefrence. Has this also been talked about already somewhere in the topic? If not, does anyone know of a fix? thanks!