• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Before you and Scott helped me out here these last few minutes, I've added the snippet to that file and wasn't going anywhere. I removed it again to go back to the original modification. Didn't think to add it back in now that the sql file was ran.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Hail Maggie!

Now, let's see if I can actually use this contribution! *chuckles*

Ok, I'm in a product's page like I'm going to edit the description or price or whatever.

There are a few errors:

Date available is listed twice - which file do I look in to see where the duplication is?

The words: products price gross is listed 3 times, 2 of which are on the same line. What file do I go to to find this duplication and correct it?

And now the Gross price isn't calculated correctly, where it was prior to the MVS installation. It should be doing my product net price + taxable item = gross price.

I promise, last time for tonight/this morning. Eyes are getting "cottony". *grins*

Admin - Vendors- Vendors Management. .......

I have my first vendor highlighted and I click on Manage. That takes me to a new screen called Vendors Shipping Modules. I click on Install. The page just mainly refreshes itself. What's supposed to happen?

How do I assign the various shipping companies (UPS, FedEX, etc) to the appropriate Vendor (drop shipper in my case)?

And why is "move Products between Vendors" (in my Admin-Vendors area) is a "page not found"? move_vendor_prods.php not included on the latest MVS package?

Is there an easier way to go back through the over 400 products I've uploaded thus far in order to assign the vendor, put in vendor cost, etc? Or do I have to go into each product manually?

Ok - these last few posts of questions should keep my busy for the next few days once they are answered.

Thank you for everyone's patience! And thank you for taking the time to create this "little" piece of code to help us out! *grins*

You need to look at admin/categories.php... best bet is to use something like Winmerge to compare your file with the file in the package... it will highlight the differences line by line, making it easier to identify any installation errors.

Whoops, we cross-posted... :P

Did you enable vendor shipping in admin > configuration > shipping/packaging? Once enabled, you should be able to install modules for each vendor.

Can't help you with the "move_products" thing... haven't come across that myself.

Only 400? Cushy... I had to manually assign 3000+ products... :lol:

Hi Jim / Craig,

If I set Display Prices with Tax in admin to false it seems to cause these problems:

- Price(inc) and Total(inc) on the invoice (viewed from admin -> customers -> orders) are the same as Price(ex) and Total(ex), yet Sub-total: and Total: correctly show the price including tax

I think I've found the source of my problem, but I'm not sure what to do about it...

I want to be able to show the prices of items on the store ex-tax, but I still need to show the inc-tax amount on the invoice. If I set Display Prices with Tax to false, the invoice shows Price(ex) as the samle as Price(inc) and Total(ex) the same as Total(inc)...

In admin/invoice.php the inc tax amount is calculated using tep_add_tax. In the definition of tep_add_tax in includes/functions/general.php, it only functions if DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == true

Can you suggest another way of doing this so that I can still show inc tax amounts on the invoice even if my store prices are shown ex tax ??

Cheers,

Paul.

I think I've found the source of my problem, but I'm not sure what to do about it...

I want to be able to show the prices of items on the store ex-tax, but I still need to show the inc-tax amount on the invoice. If I set Display Prices with Tax to false, the invoice shows Price(ex) as the samle as Price(inc) and Total(ex) the same as Total(inc)...

In admin/invoice.php the inc tax amount is calculated using tep_add_tax. In the definition of tep_add_tax in includes/functions/general.php, it only functions if DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == true

Can you suggest another way of doing this so that I can still show inc tax amounts on the invoice even if my store prices are shown ex tax ??

Cheers,

Paul.

For now, I have created a new funtion in general.php so that this can be done:

// Add tax to a products price for invoices
 function tep_add_tax_invoice($price, $tax) {
global $currencies;

if ( $tax > 0 ) {
  return tep_round($price, $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']) + tep_calculate_tax($price, $tax);
} else {
  return tep_round($price, $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']);
}
 }

Not sure it's the best way to go about it though...

- Paul -

I promise, last time for tonight/this morning. Eyes are getting "cottony". *grins*

Admin - Vendors- Vendors Management. .......

I have my first vendor highlighted and I click on Manage. That takes me to a new screen called Vendors Shipping Modules. I click on Install. The page just mainly refreshes itself. What's supposed to happen?

How do I assign the various shipping companies (UPS, FedEX, etc) to the appropriate Vendor (drop shipper in my case)?

Vendors Shipping Modules is where you set up and assign your shipping for that vendor. Apparently you have an error in your modifications. Check everything carefully, and make sure that you have your vendor information completely filled out before you get to this step.

And why is "move Products between Vendors" (in my Admin-Vendors area) is a "page not found"? move_vendor_prods.php not included on the latest MVS package?

That's a new feature that Craig is working on. It's not quite ready for prime time just yet. The link to it should probably be removed until it's ready.

Is there aneasier way to go back through the over 400 products I've uploaded thus far in order to assign the vendor, put in vendor cost, etc? Or do I have to go into each product manually?

The installation should have set all products to your Vendor #1. That vendor should be your largest group of products. You will need to set the rest of them manually, as well as add in Vendor Cost etc. Don't forget to set up the vendors first.

Ok - these last few posts of questions should keep my busy for the next few days once they are answered.

Thank you for everyone's patience! And thank you for taking the time to create this "little" piece of code to help us out! *grins*

Just ask if you have any more questions.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Everyone's has been great help - Thank you!

I got my duplicate fields straightened out. Strange, they weren't really touched when doing the modifications, but somehow the code got messed up. Thankfully, I know HTML enough to figure it out easily enough.

I enabled vendor shipping in config-shipping/packaging. I guess nothing will work until I get accounts with UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc LOL.

Thanks for pointing out the usage.txt file, Scott - I had forgotten about it.

Ok, so I've got to update each product individually, get my shipping accounts set up, do loads of test purchases, and HOPEFULLY, be up and live by the end of the week. *whew!*

Vendors Shipping Modules is where you set up and assign your shipping for that vendor. Apparently you have an error in your modifications. Check everything carefully, and make sure that you have your vendor information completely filled out before you get to this step.

That's a new feature that Craig is working on. It's not quite ready for prime time just yet. The link to it should probably be removed until it's ready.

The installation should have set all products to your Vendor #1. That vendor should be your largest group of products. You will need to set the rest of them manually, as well as add in Vendor Cost etc. Don't forget to set up the vendors first.

Just ask if you have any more questions.

Regards

Jim

"move_vendor_prods.php" should be included in MVS 1.1, this would just be the first version of this tool, at this point it will only move ALL of one vendors products to another, future releases will be able to sort by name/model, and be able to "ckeck" off which ones to move.

Thanks for finding the bug in the instructions, it has been updated and will be included in the next release.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi

Does this all work with UPS dimensions? We got caught with an undercharge of a large parcel so I can trying to sort this out.

We installed a slightly older version than the latest and I see that it has the packaging table defined which I think relates to dimensions but our products don't have dimension fields and I don't think we are using UPS XML (how to tell?).

Can anyone advise me what to do here?

thanks

Kym

Okay sorry, I did not do the install but I read the Admin instructions and now see that UPSXML is not part of this contribution.

But I also read here that people have it working for UPS XML so can we get the code for that published as an option for this contribution?

thanks

Kym

Can you give us the UPS XML code for MVS?

UPSXML is included in the MVS distribution. You'll need to set up the dimension option. You also need to get a Access Key, Username, and Password from UPS.

Regards

Jim

While I haven't gotten quite to this part yet (due to hopefully a minor problem), I thought of a question.

Several of my drop ship vendors ship via UPS and USPS. While they don't specify exactly why/when they would use one over another (possibly due to shipping to a P.O. Box), how do I assign each of their products so the customer can choose which one they want.

I understand that I can do: Vendor 1 - UPS and Vendor 1 - USPS. But I can pick only one per product. Can I do both for each of Vendor 1's products so the customer can choose which form they want?

I guess I'm confused how this contribution works overall when there are multiple Vendors. If I'm a customer that buys 5 items, which happen to be from 5 different Vendors (but I don't know that), and when I get to checkout, do I have to (as the customer) choose which form of shipping for each product, or it's already defined via what is done in the Admin Panel?

Does anyone have screenshots of this in action? Guess I'm having trouble getting things together when I have no clue what the final thing is supposed to look. At least with a jigsaw puzzle, I have the box to refer to as I progress. Sad analogy, I know, but hopefully it gets my point across.

<snip>

Does anyone have screenshots of this in action? Guess I'm having trouble getting things together when I have no clue what the final thing is supposed to look. At least with a jigsaw puzzle, I have the box to refer to as I progress. Sad analogy, I know, but hopefully it gets my point across.

Craig has a live demo that you can look at. See the readme.txt file for the URL.

Basically, products are grouped by vendor. The customer can choose shipping for each group. The shipping offered for each vendor can be one module (say UPS) or multiple (UPS and USPS). If you need to restrict certain products to only one of those choices, you need to set those products up on a separate vendor.

Regards

Jim

Just went to the demo site - neither url given in the readme.txt is working.

Craig's server seems to be having problems. You can look at my test site instead. It's not quite up to the latest version, but it's close enough for what you are looking for.

Regards

Jim

I've noticed that osc gets mad if you have to go back to your checkout_shipping page if you want to edit something and the shipping options you picked before have been cleared. Then if you try to continue without filling everything back in again, you get a really nasty error from the shopping cart.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in J:\SBSAviary\catalog\checkout_process.php on line 125

Warning: send(Mail.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in J:\SBSAviary\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 501

Warning: send(): Failed opening 'Mail.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in J:\SBSAviary\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 501

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'mail' in J:\SBSAviary\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 514

Added the MVS 1.1 to the osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 working store. Everything appears to be working just fine right up until I confirm the order, then I get the above errors.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.