• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

In the case of the error - undefined function: sort_order() in vendor_modules.php, can anyone suggest a modification to make it work? The register globals patch for catalog->includes->classes->order.php uses this piece of code to make the module work:

if (tep_not_null($order_id)) {

$this->query($order_id);

} else {

// >>> BEGIN REGISTER_GLOBALS

link_post_variable('cc_type');

link_post_variable('cc_owner');

link_post_variable('cc_number');

link_post_variable('cc_expires');

link_post_variable('comments');

// <<< END REGISTER_GLOBALS

$this->cart();

}

Any ideas ??

The Register Globals patch deals with GET, POST, and SESSION variables that are no longer explicitly set. The functions that this patch adds, such as link_post_variable(), explicitly set these variables as Globals.

However, this error is pointing to $module->sort_order(), which is a method of a defined class, not a global variable. The Register Globals problem should not have any effect on this. It might have an effect on other parts of the code, but not here.

I'm still puzzled by this error. If you have time for an experiment, try this: In each of the modules in includes/modules/vendor_shipping/, find code similar to the following near the top:

var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled;

and add $sort_order to the end of the list, like so:

var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled, $sort_order;

Please let me know if this does anything.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

SMALL QUESTION:

MVS 1.1 readme says it can be installed only to oscommerce-2.2ms2. The version of oscommerce that is available for download is now oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

Can I install MVS to oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113?

Thank you for helping me with this.

SMALL QUESTION:

MVS 1.1 readme says it can be installed only to oscommerce-2.2ms2. The version of oscommerce that is available for download is now oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

I have it installed with 2.2ms2-051113 on my live shop and I haven't had any problems. :D

Steph

SMALL QUESTION:

First, I haven't uploaded 1.1 yet so don't tell everyone you got an advanced copy! :lol:

Actuall, this is something else that needs to be added, a note about that. V1.0 was modified and the instructions written against the that updated version of osC. That version contains all the securtity patches that were released.

1.1 on the way this weekend.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Is anyone using MVS w/ Paypal Paments Pro?

I was trying to integrate them, but kept running into problems.

Also there are 2 contributions:

PayPal Pro Direct Payments & Express Checkout

or

PayPal Website Payments Pro

Which should I use?

Thanks for any help,

Stephanie

I am not familiar with either one. But, I have run into some as of yet unknow problems with the PayPal IPN 2.8 and 3.0. I haven't figured out yet if it involves the "fasteasycheckout" contrib that I added as well, but there is an issue there.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Is anyone using MVS w/ Paypal Paments Pro?

I was trying to integrate them, but kept running into problems.

Also there are 2 contributions:

PayPal Pro Direct Payments & Express Checkout

or

PayPal Website Payments Pro

Which should I use?

Thanks for any help,

Stephanie

I recommend the former. Brian Burton has been a rock throughout the life of his module; the latter module has spotty support at best.

I use WPP and MVS together and have not had a problem.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

The current version of MVS won't work without globals. The coding uses the globals to work. :(

Ouch.

Is it just me, or is register_globals the scourge of osC? The patch that's available is just that, a workaround. This is an unfortunate situation. Register_globals is turned off by default since PHP 4.2 and, as Marc mentioned, won't even be an option in PHP 6.

I love MVS- Jim and Craig have done an awesome job with a massive contribution. But if it's not standards-compliant, that's a problem.

For what's it worth, my two cents is to make MVS work, organically (ie without any patches or workarounds), with globals on or off. It's potentially a huge undertaking but if done now will prevent huge headaches in the future.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Ouch.

Is it just me, or is register_globals the scourge of osC? The patch that's available is just that, a workaround. This is an unfortunate situation. Register_globals is turned off by default since PHP 4.2 and, as Marc mentioned, won't even be an option in PHP 6.

I love MVS- Jim and Craig have done an awesome job with a massive contribution. But if it's not standards-compliant, that's a problem.

For what's it worth, my two cents is to make MVS work, organically (ie without any patches or workarounds), with globals on or off. It's potentially a huge undertaking but if done now will prevent huge headaches in the future.

If you're going that far, why not get rid of globals entirely? They should never be used in any case. Of course this just means rewriting osCommerce to a much greater extent than just MVS does. Once you start fixing things, where do you stop?

We coded MVS to pretty much the same standards as osCommerce 2.2MS2. We were probably a bit sloppy about support for PHP 3.x, but I don't think that is much of an issue these days. Otherwise we left things alone that didn't need to be changed to make MVS work.

If you want to do that much of a rewrite, the result is starting to sound a lot like MS3. Whenever that happens, we'll need to adapt MVS, or possibly start over. I'm not exactly looking forward to that.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

If you're going that far, why not get rid of globals entirely? They should never be used in any case. Of course this just means rewriting osCommerce to a much greater extent than just MVS does. Once you start fixing things, where do you stop?

We coded MVS to pretty much the same standards as osCommerce 2.2MS2. We were probably a bit sloppy about support for PHP 3.x, but I don't think that is much of an issue these days. Otherwise we left things alone that didn't need to be changed to make MVS work.

If you want to do that much of a rewrite, the result is starting to sound a lot like MS3. Whenever that happens, we'll need to adapt MVS, or possibly start over. I'm not exactly looking forward to that.

Regards

Jim

My thoughts exactly Jim. I have looked at MS3(cvs) a couple of times over the last 4 or 5 months but have not really done anything with it to find out just how much has been done.

Maybe I will add that to my very extensive list. For now though, there isn't much I can add to this particular point other than MVS was designed to work with osC MS2 2.2. Much like PHP 5 or 6 or anything else, we can't control other changes in code architecture via MVS. We obviously will have to be prepared to adapt to each of these changes as they come, but that is all we can do.

For my part, I will investigate all of this further as I have time.

I appreciate all suggestions concerning this particular issue.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I recommend the former. Brian Burton has been a rock throughout the life of his module; the latter module has spotty support at best.

I use WPP and MVS together and have not had a problem.

Well I am going to try the paypal IPN Payment Module by the OSC team first.

Thanks for everyones advice,

Steph :)

Well I am going to try the paypal IPN Payment Module by the OSC team first.

Thanks for everyones advice,

Steph :)

I know that one works great, not as feature packed obviously, but works very nicely. And of course it fully complies with all osC backend stuff rather than bypassing the "checkout process" and using it's own the way IPN 2.XX and up does. Which matters when you are using other contributions that alter the checkout process like MVS does.

For instance, in order to use the email functionality in MVS and it's predecessor, Vendors_Auto_Email, one had to also modify the IPN's checkout process. A real pain. But the "constant" updating taking place from that system was something I really liked very much.

Criag :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Regards

Jim

Well, yeah.

I find no reason to support PHP 3.x. Right now, to me, it makes sense to support 4 and 5 with an eye on proposed changes for 6 (theoretically, I'd like to stay ahead. Whether or not that actually happens is another matter :)).

MS3 has been in the works for a long time. It will be great when it's finally available, but when it does it will take a long time to mature as far as available contributions are concerned. In the meantime we have MS2, and it's an awesome platform, but changes in PHP standards are leaving it behind. So what do you do? Just keep waiting? It can be a hard question. I'm half-way dreading the day when the company that hosts my company's website upgrades to MySQL and PHP 5. Probably it won't be too big a deal, but it could get hairy too.

I don't envy your position: you've spent a huge amount of time and energy getting this project up to 1.0 status, and now the peanut gallery is telling you they think you should re-write it.

Well, yeah.

I find no reason to support PHP 3.x. Right now, to me, it makes sense to support 4 and 5 with an eye on proposed changes for 6 (theoretically, I'd like to stay ahead. Whether or not that actually happens is another matter :)).

MS3 has been in the works for a long time. It will be great when it's finally available, but when it does it will take a long time to mature as far as available contributions are concerned. In the meantime we have MS2, and it's an awesome platform, but changes in PHP standards are leaving it behind. So what do you do? Just keep waiting? It can be a hard question. I'm half-way dreading the day when the company that hosts my company's website upgrades to MySQL and PHP 5. Probably it won't be too big a deal, but it could get hairy too.

I don't envy your position: you've spent a huge amount of time and energy getting this project up to 1.0 status, and now the peanut gallery is telling you they think you should re-write it.

Truthfully it maybe years before PHP 6 is in an issue.

Here's a question....

(Not sure if it should be here or in another thread)

I use MVS (and a ton of other mods) and sell a lot of back ordered items - they have to be ordered in before shipping to customer.

My question is does anyone know how I can get the MVS modded UPSxml module to get the EDD based on the product Date Available field rather than the current date plus shipping delays etc.

EG. say a customer buys a back ordered item today, it takes a week to get to my shop before shipping, the UPS quote says it should arrive in 4 days, when it should tell them to expect it in 11 days.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated

example of backordered it here:

http://www.internetcigarsales.com/catalog/...igars-p-30.html

Set up a vendor for backordered items that has its own UPS XML module with it's own unique shipping delay code, and set up the site so that any out of stock item is automatically assigned to that vendor.

The Register Globals patch deals with GET, POST, and SESSION variables that are no longer explicitly set. The functions that this patch adds, such as link_post_variable(), explicitly set these variables as Globals.

However, this error is pointing to $module->sort_order(), which is a method of a defined class, not a global variable. The Register Globals problem should not have any effect on this. It might have an effect on other parts of the code, but not here.

I'm still puzzled by this error. If you have time for an experiment, try this: In each of the modules in includes/modules/vendor_shipping/, find code similar to the following near the top:

var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled;

and add $sort_order to the end of the list, like so:

var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled, $sort_order;

Please let me know if this does anything.

Regards

Jim

I added $sort_order to the end in all the modules (except fedex1.php and table.php that already had it in) but unfortunately I got the same Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sort_order() in .../admin/vendor_modules.php on line 136

I deleted MVS and then reuploaded it, and the problem seems to have stopped... I'm no wiser as to what was causing it, but I'm about to find out how well MVS works without register globals!

Cheers,

Paul.

MVS was never designed to work without Register Globals. It may require more modifications than the Register Globals contribution to make this work.

Regards

Jim

MVS seems to be working properly now, and I've set it up with a couple of test venors - both using zone based shipping. Transactions go through smoothly for both, but it doesn't add the tax onto the shippinig charge... Is this a register globals issue?

MVS seems to be working properly now, and I've set it up with a couple of test venors - both using zone based shipping. Transactions go through smoothly for both, but it doesn't add the tax onto the shippinig charge... Is this a register globals issue?
Possibly, depending on how the data is passed. Do you have a tax class assigned to your shipping modules?

Hello,

Installed this contrib the other night and thought it was working. At least, it is working in the admin.

Yesterday I got brave and renamed the default 'My Store' to my main vendor. Went back and changed the other vendors that were affected by this change and flipped the switch in admin to use MVS.

Did a test purchase and when I got to checkout_shipping, all I had was a blank screen - no errors. I turned off MVS in the admin and attempted to check out. Got the same thing - a blank page, no errors.

I have re-installed from scratch 4 times now and get the same result. I am manually installing since I have other mods installed, i.e., Estimated Shipping Costs, CCGV, Must Agree, and a few others. None of the changes interferred with any of the other mods as far as I can tell. Everything needed to be modified for MVS was still there.

As as I mainly use dropshipping, I really need MVS for accurate shipping costs.

Any ideas what is wrong? At this point, after so many failed attempts with the SAME result, I would be willing to pay to get this working.

TIA

It might be years before MS3 is released.

You got that right, looking at the road map, they have quite a bit left to do. Seems like they should go ahead and consider integrating the MVS system since they have so much left to do.

I know someone had posted that they submitted the formal request to add MVS to MS3, but never heard if there was a response. Does anyone know it a response of any kind was ever sent?

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello,

Installed this contrib the other night and thought it was working. At least, it is working in the admin.

Yesterday I got brave and renamed the default 'My Store' to my main vendor. Went back and changed the other vendors that were affected by this change and flipped the switch in admin to use MVS.

Did a test purchase and when I got to checkout_shipping, all I had was a blank screen - no errors. I turned off MVS in the admin and attempted to check out. Got the same thing - a blank page, no errors.

I have re-installed from scratch 4 times now and get the same result. I am manually installing since I have other mods installed, i.e., Estimated Shipping Costs, CCGV, Must Agree, and a few others. None of the changes interferred with any of the other mods as far as I can tell. Everything needed to be modified for MVS was still there.

As as I mainly use dropshipping, I really need MVS for accurate shipping costs.

Any ideas what is wrong? At this point, after so many failed attempts with the SAME result, I would be willing to pay to get this working.

TIA

Did you do your mods using the instructions or a diff tool? MVS V1.0? With so many other mods, I absoluteley suggest using a diff tool AND the instructions.

It sounds like your missing a closing tag in checkout_shipping.php. That is an easy miss when adding so many mods together. Double check that all tags have their matching closing tag( open tag: { -- closing tag: })

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Yes. The shipping tax class is set "VAT" for both Vendors shipping zones and the standard shipping module zones. The shipping tables are identical... When I disable MVS and use the standard zones shipping method, checkout_shipping adds on the shipping tax, and all goes well through all the rest of the checkout steps. When I enable MVS checkout_shipping ignores shipping tax and the error is carried through all the other checkout steps... So, I figure there's nothing wrong with checkout_shipping.php, or my shipping tables.

I wonder if the problem is in zones.php... In the standard zones, tax_class is set up with function zones(), $this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS

whereas in MVS zones, tax_class is set up with function tax_class($vendors_id='1'), $this->tax_class = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS_' . $vendors_id);

return $this->tax_class;

Later in the standard zones code: if ($this->tax_class > 0) {

$this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);

}

Whereas, in the MVS zones code: //$this->tax_class = constant(MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS_ . $vendors_id);

if ($this->tax_class($vendors_id) > 0) {

$this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class($vendors_id), $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);

}

I've tried uncommenting //$this->tax_class, putting ' ' quotes around MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS_ and tried changing quotes['tax'] to quotes ['ship_tax'] with no avail...

I've noticed someone had a similar problem a few pages back, and in the end hardcoded in the shipping tax... Any suggestions?

Possibly, depending on how the data is passed. Do you have a tax class assigned to your shipping modules?

Whoops, quoted myself there. Meant to reply to the quote above:

Yes. The shipping tax class is set "VAT" for both Vendors shipping zones and the standard shipping module zones. The shipping tables are identical... When I disable MVS and use the standard zones shipping method, checkout_shipping adds on the shipping tax, and all goes well through all the rest of the checkout steps. When I enable MVS checkout_shipping ignores shipping tax and the error is carried through all the other checkout steps... So, I figure there's nothing wrong with checkout_shipping.php, or my shipping tables.

I wonder if the problem is in zones.php... In the standard zones, tax_class is set up with function zones(), $this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS

whereas in MVS zones, tax_class is set up with function tax_class($vendors_id='1'), $this->tax_class = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS_' . $vendors_id);

return $this->tax_class;

$this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);

}

Whereas, in the MVS zones code: //$this->tax_class = constant(MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS_ . $vendors_id);

$this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class($vendors_id), $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);

}

I've tried uncommenting //$this->tax_class, putting ' ' quotes around MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS_ and tried changing quotes['tax'] to quotes ['ship_tax'] with no avail...

I've noticed someone had a similar problem a few pages back, and in the end hardcoded in the shipping tax... Any suggestions?

return $this->tax_class;

}

}

The code you are referrencing from MVS is such to pass the correct vendors id. The code that adds the tax was added in includes/classes/order.php.

This block of code:

$this->info = array('order_status' => DEFAULT_ORDERS_STATUS_ID,
					  'currency' => $currency,
					  'currency_value' => $currencies->currencies[$currency]['value'],
					  'payment_method' => $payment,
					  'cc_type' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_type']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_type'] : ''),
					  'cc_owner' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_owner']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_owner'] : ''),
					  'cc_number' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_number']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_number'] : ''),
					  'cc_expires' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_expires']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_expires'] : ''),
					  'shipping_method' => $shipping['title'],
					  'shipping_cost' => $shipping['cost'],
					  //MVS Start
					  'shipping_tax' => $shipping['shipping_tax_total'],
					  'subtotal' => 0,
					  'tax' => 0 + $shipping['shipping_tax_total'],
					  //MVS End
					  'tax_groups' => array(),
					  'comments' => (isset($GLOBALS['comments']) ? $GLOBALS['comments'] : ''));

And then in this block:

$products_tax = $this->products[$index]['tax'];
	$products_tax_description = $this->products[$index]['tax_description'];
	if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') {
	  $this->info['tax'] += $shown_price - ($shown_price / (($products_tax < 10) ? "1.0" . str_replace('.', '', $products_tax) : "1." . str_replace('.', '', $products_tax)));
	  if (isset($this->info['tax_groups']["$products_tax_description"])) {
		$this->info['tax_groups']["$products_tax_description"] += $shown_price - ($shown_price / (($products_tax < 10) ? "1.0" . str_replace('.', '', $products_tax) : "1." . str_replace('.', '', $products_tax)));
	  } else {
		$this->info['tax_groups']["$products_tax_description"] = $shown_price - ($shown_price / (($products_tax < 10) ? "1.0" . str_replace('.', '', $products_tax) : "1." . str_replace('.', '', $products_tax)));
	  }
	} else {
	  $this->info['tax'] += ($products_tax / 100) * $shown_price;
	  if (isset($this->info['tax_groups']["$products_tax_description"])) {
		$this->info['tax_groups']["$products_tax_description"] += ($products_tax / 100) * $shown_price;
	  } else {
			  //MVS Start add shipping tax
		$this->info['tax_groups']["$products_tax_description"] = ($products_tax / 100) * $shown_price + $shipping['shipping_tax_total'];
		//MVS end

Make sure these 2 blocks are correct, after that, I'm not sure what else would create your issues. There are other edits in this file as well(passing more data for the vendors). The other posting that was having this we never did figure out exactly what was causing his problems, but he was using a very unusual tax setup.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

The code you are referrencing from MVS is such to pass the correct vendors id. The code that adds the tax was added in includes/classes/order.php.

Make sure these 2 blocks are correct, after that, I'm not sure what else would create your issues. There are other edits in this file as well(passing more data for the vendors). The other posting that was having this we never did figure out exactly what was causing his problems, but he was using a very unusual tax setup.

Thanks Craig.

I'm using the order.php that was included in the MVS-V1 package, and the code appears to correspond exactly. I don't understand why it correctly adds on the tax with the standard zones module (i.e. when I have Vendor Shipping disabled) but not with the MVS zones module (i.e. when I have Vendor Shipping enabled)

It's a mystery!

- Paul -