• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

You mean like when the default vendor is deleted the next consecutive one becomes the default vendor_id?

A simple script can update all of the vendor numbers though from one to another.

Stephanie

Sort of, the issue is that ALL products must have a vendor assigned to them. So, if a vendor is deleted and nothing is done to update ALL the products from the deleted vendor to a valid vendors_id, one would get errors during checkout. In MVS V1.0, I built in some code to warn about this and created the ability to delete the products for that particular vendor. If a store owner who is dropshipping stops doing business with a certain vendor, they can delete the vendor and the products all in one shot.

Ideally, I guess I should consider adding the ability to change the vendors_id to another when deleting a vendor.

Maybe that'll make MVS V1.1.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I put up my new store two days ago and today I reworked it all so it would have the full working version of MVS. Now I can't get PWA installed and working, not because of MVS. But other than that the new site is working great, I think...LOL Most items are UPS and the automotive stuff ships at indv.ship rates so you can see the two contribs in action. This is my first foray into PHP, MySQL and osCommerce, I had never used them before, so I am open to suggestions.

tell me what ya think?

http://gr8sale.com

You can see the old html and asp site at:

http://gr8sale.com/index.htm

Thanks

Stephanie

Like the new version Stephanie. Did you start with osC, or something modified already?

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

This would be a maintenance nightmare. If you shift vendor IDs, some or all of your historical data (orders) now point to the wrong vendor, plus you lose the vendor entirely on the orders that now longer point to a current vendor ID. We could have a script check for Vendor #1 and add a dummy vendor if it doesn't exist. It could also add a dummy shipping module, just to make things work properly. Or just post a big error message on all Admin pages screaming about the missing vendor.

I see that everyone has their own ideas about what to use for Vendor #1. Just remember that Vendor #1 is only necessary if you have something mis-configured elsewhere. If all of your settings are correct, then there is really no problem with not having #1 set up. It's mainly there to make debugging easier.

Regards

Jim

Having a dummy Vedor that doesn't change with your default shipping method set up seems like a good idea to me.

Stephanie

Like the new version Stephanie. Did you start with osC, or something modified already?

No just stock osc. I just started in web building about a year ago. I have never read a book or took a class on it. I just started by doing the tutorials that come with Dreamweaver and Fireworks. At the time I was trying to build a website as cheaply as possible. That is why I started with ASP because I had Access and didn't know that Apache Server, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin....all that was free. I tried like 6 different search engines on my site and access just isn't meant to do stuff like that. I love oscommerce now. I had someone post about my site and say it didn't look very professional and that kind of pushed me to get into PHP.

Anyways,

thanks

PS I like the New one too.

This wouldn't be that difficult. If you look in catalog/checkout_process.php you will find the emails being built. On the admin side, in admin/orders.php.

You could just add the data you want using the current code as a guide, or you could build your own custom email. Your choice.

Thanks Craig :)

Sort of, the issue is that ALL products must have a vendor assigned to them. So, if a vendor is deleted and nothing is done to update ALL the products from the deleted vendor to a valid vendors_id, one would get errors during checkout. In MVS V1.0, I built in some code to warn about this and created the ability to delete the products for that particular vendor. If a store owner who is dropshipping stops doing business with a certain vendor, they can delete the vendor and the products all in one shot.

Ideally, I guess I should consider adding the ability to change the vendors_id to another when deleting a vendor.

Maybe that'll make MVS V1.1.

Hello Craig,

Seems all I need to do is update the vendors_id. I did a backup the my database after the install. Here's a line:

insert into products (products_id, products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_last_modified, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_ordered, vendors_id, vendors_product_price, vendors_prod_id, vendors_prod_comments) values ('172', '100', 'BM140BK', 'benchmade/BM140BK.jpg', '113.7200', '2006-01-28 00:00:00', '2006-02-06 09:00:45', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '1.00', '1', '1', '16', '0', '1', '0.0000', '', NULL);

If I took this section of the backup and imported to excel as a csv file, changed the vendors_id, could I reload it back into the database? I have all vendors set up with the same shipping method but of course the addresses are different. Does the vendor information key off the vendors_id? Or are there others that would need updating as well.

If this would work, it would be easy to go back and change the 100 or so that come from different vendors.

Only problem is I don't know how to import it back to the database. I can use phpMyAdmin but not too savy in mysql coding. I thinkI would need to do an UPDATE rather than INSERT.

Or, should I wait for v1.1 :)

TIA!!

Hello Craig,

Seems all I need to do is update the vendors_id. I did a backup the my database after the install. Here's a line:

insert into products (products_id, products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_last_modified, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_ordered, vendors_id, vendors_product_price, vendors_prod_id, vendors_prod_comments) values ('172', '100', 'BM140BK', 'benchmade/BM140BK.jpg', '113.7200', '2006-01-28 00:00:00', '2006-02-06 09:00:45', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '1.00', '1', '1', '16', '0', '1', '0.0000', '', NULL);

If I took this section of the backup and imported to excel as a csv file, changed the vendors_id, could I reload it back into the database? I have all vendors set up with the same shipping method but of course the addresses are different. Does the vendor information key off the vendors_id? Or are there others that would need updating as well.

If this would work, it would be easy to go back and change the 100 or so that come from different vendors.

Only problem is I don't know how to import it back to the database. I can use phpMyAdmin but not too savy in mysql coding. I thinkI would need to do an UPDATE rather than INSERT.

Or, should I wait for v1.1 :)

TIA!!

It would need to be something more like this:

update products (set vendors_id = 'THENEWVENDORID' where products_id = 'THEPRODUCTSID');

I have found it easier to use php to do jobs of this nature myself. One can write an "array' to run many sql strings all at once.

I'm not sure how much of this will make it into V1.1, but sometime soon I will include a script to be able to change the vendor assigned to a set of given products in one shot, I have to work on the design of this before I can properly implement it to be as versatile as possible.

That's a matter of preference though, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Here's a question....

(Not sure if it should be here or in another thread)

I use MVS (and a ton of other mods) and sell a lot of back ordered items - they have to be ordered in before shipping to customer.

My question is does anyone know how I can get the MVS modded UPSxml module to get the EDD based on the product Date Available field rather than the current date plus shipping delays etc.

EG. say a customer buys a back ordered item today, it takes a week to get to my shop before shipping, the UPS quote says it should arrive in 4 days, when it should tell them to expect it in 11 days.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated

example of backordered it here:

http://www.internetcigarsales.com/catalog/...igars-p-30.html

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

If you do hosting Marc, why don't you have anything on it in your profile? That's silly, send me some info on your dedicated servers if you have any via email.

Truthfully, I thought it would anger the osC gods if I mentioned it! :o I know they frown on using anything in this forum that has anything to do with outside advertising and since they provided us with this os foundation to build on i will respect that wish.

I'll send you the info this afternoon.

I have just installed MVS-V1 and imported the MVS sql file without incident.

Following the usage instructions through I get as far as Vendor Manager, but when I click '+ Manage' I get the error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sort_order()in .../admin/vendor_modules.php on line 136"

I've seen a post about similar problem someone on page 77 of this thread), but as I haven't been able to get as far as installing a shipping module I don't know where to insert the function sort_order fix suggested...

Any help gratefully received.

Truthfully, I thought it would anger the osC gods if I mentioned it! :o I know they frown on using anything in this forum that has anything to do with outside advertising and since they provided us with this os foundation to build on i will respect that wish.

I'll send you the info this afternoon.

send me your info to please

I have just installed MVS-V1 and imported the MVS sql file without incident.

Following the usage instructions through I get as far as Vendor Manager, but when I click '+ Manage' I get the error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sort_order()in .../admin/vendor_modules.php on line 136"

I've seen a post about similar problem someone on page 77 of this thread), but as I haven't been able to get as far as installing a shipping module I don't know where to insert the function sort_order fix suggested...

Any help gratefully received.

That's quite odd. Do you have all of the modified shipping modules in catalog/includes/modules/vendor/shipping/ and nothing else? Try removing all of the modules except one (i.e. Flat.php) and see if you still get the error.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The modules are in catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/

I tried creating catalog/includes/modules/vendor/shipping/ and put the files in there, but that didn't fix it

I removed all the modules except flat.php and it really didn't like that (!) Got a page full of errors like this:

Warning: main(): Unable to access .../includes/languages/english/modules/vendors_shipping/bax.php in .../admin/vendor_modules.php on line 129

I have tried modifying the code of all the shipping modules with the code HallMarc suggested on page 77, but that didn't fix it either.

If you PM or e-mail me you can try my live admin...

Cheers,

Paul.

That's quite odd. Do you have all of the modified shipping modules in catalog/includes/modules/vendor/shipping/ and nothing else? Try removing all of the modules except one (i.e. Flat.php) and see if you still get the error.

Regards

Jim

The modules are in catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/

I tried creating catalog/includes/modules/vendor/shipping/ and put the files in there, but that didn't fix it

I removed all the modules except flat.php and it really didn't like that (!) Got a page full of errors like this:

Warning: main(): Unable to access .../includes/languages/english/modules/vendors_shipping/bax.php in .../admin/vendor_modules.php on line 129

That's stranger still. It's acting like there are modules already installed. Try that again, but first empty the database table vendor_configuration.

Regards

Jim

That's stranger still. It's acting like there are modules already installed. Try that again, but first empty the database table vendor_configuration.

Regards

Jim

The table vendor_configuration is empty.

I think the only significant difference between my store and the stock version is that a few files have been patched so that it works with register globals disabled. I can't see how this could affect the multi vendor shipping though. The patch used is (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2957) and involves the following files:

admin -> product_attributes.php

admin -> includes -> application_top.php (*)

admin -> includes -> functions -> general.php

admin -> includes -> functions -> sessions.php

includes -> application_top.php (*)

includes -> classes -> order.php (*)

includes -> functions -> general.php

includes -> functions -> gzip_compression.php

includes -> functions -> sessions

The files marked * are common to the register globals patch and changes made for multivendor shipping.

I have modified these manually with the changes set out in Admin_Install and Catalog_Install.

Really can't figure out what the problem is...

Best regards,

Paul.

I think the only significant difference between my store and the stock version is that a few files have been patched so that it works with register globals disabled. I can't see how this could affect the multi vendor shipping though. The patch used is (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2957) and involves the following files:

admin -> product_attributes.phpDi

The files marked * are common to the register globals patch and changes made for multivendor shipping.

I have modified these manually with the changes set out in Admin_Install and Catalog_Install.

Best regards,

Paul.

You have some incredibly strange things going on. As you can see, there are several files that are effected by both contributions. You should probably try installing from a file comparison tool. Or just go back through the edits while checking the included files at the same time, in an effort to see the exact code being worked with and what the differences are between each file.

Jim is right though, it is acting as if you have modules already installed. Verrrrry strange.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

MVS was never designed to work without Register Globals. It may require more modifications than the Register Globals contribution to make this work.

Regards

Jim

MVS was never designed to work without Register Globals. It may require more modifications than the Register Globals contribution to make this work.

Regards

Jim

I was just looking at the mods for that contrib, and I think you are right about more work needing to be done.

Just with a quick look it's hard to tell exactly what would need to be done though.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Regards

Jim

Great work on the contribution! 1 question. Can someone upload the released version or indicate which rev to download to get the complete version?

It would need to be something more like this:

update products (set vendors_id = 'THENEWVENDORID' where products_id = 'THEPRODUCTSID');

I have found it easier to use php to do jobs of this nature myself. One can write an "array' to run many sql strings all at once.

I'm not sure how much of this will make it into V1.1, but sometime soon I will include a script to be able to change the vendor assigned to a set of given products in one shot, I have to work on the design of this before I can properly implement it to be as versatile as possible.

That's a matter of preference though, Craig :)

Thanks, Craig!

Not sure how to do this so I better hold off rather than muck things up.

Again, thanks for the mod and the help!!!!

Eddie

Great work on the contribution! 1 question. Can someone upload the released version or indicate which rev to download to get the complete version?

There is a link to MVS V1.0 in my signature and there is a link to it in the original contrib page.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Regards

Jim

In the case of the error - undefined function: sort_order() in vendor_modules.php, can anyone suggest a modification to make it work? The register globals patch for catalog->includes->classes->order.php uses this piece of code to make the module work:

if (tep_not_null($order_id)) {

$this->query($order_id);

} else {

// >>> BEGIN REGISTER_GLOBALS

link_post_variable('cc_type');

link_post_variable('cc_owner');

link_post_variable('cc_number');

link_post_variable('cc_expires');

link_post_variable('comments');

// <<< END REGISTER_GLOBALS

$this->cart();

}

Any ideas ??

admin -> product_attributes.php

Best regards,

Paul.

The current version of MVS won't work without globals. The coding uses the globals to work. :(

The current version of MVS won't work without globals. The coding uses the globals to work. :(

Hmmm...

We need to work on this because PHP 6 removes register globals completely.