• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Ok - somehow my column got lost so i have re run the SQL and viola this error disappears - onto the next one! Disregard this post - but im sure ill be back!

OK - back faster than i thought - ok i am running very simple debug process through the checkout process. I have removed all standard shipping modules, enabled MVS and installed simple table rate on the one vendor i have so far installed - once i get this running i will proceed to adding multiple vendors.

Problem: No shipping tax being added to the shipping amount (i have to show tax paid on shipping) and also no shipping tax being added to the final total. (Order tax is OK)

I have read what is available regarding shipping tax but nothing seems to click, or match all files are latest RC5 and i have checked the included files against my own. (Yes heavily modded shop) Everyhting 'looks' OK, but i know that means little.

Any tips?

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

Stephanie,

We didn't know you were so actively involved in the osC Community! VERY, VERY cool. It's been a while since we've posted here, but it's great to see everyone coming together for a great cause (aka Craig, etc).

As our org has more time, we'll be growing MUCH more active in the osC contribution arena. At the moment, we're trying to work with MS3 (quite interesting stuff).

Craig, Stephanie.....how stable are you finding the latest version of MVS to be these days?

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

OK - back faster than i thought - ok i am running very simple debug process through the checkout process. I have removed all standard shipping modules, enabled MVS and installed simple table rate on the one vendor i have so far installed - once i get this running i will proceed to adding multiple vendors.

Problem: No shipping tax being added to the shipping amount (i have to show tax paid on shipping) and also no shipping tax being added to the final total. (Order tax is OK)

I have read what is available regarding shipping tax but nothing seems to click, or match all files are latest RC5 and i have checked the included files against my own. (Yes heavily modded shop) Everyhting 'looks' OK, but i know that means little.

Any tips?

Ok - answering my own questions here! Just thinking out loud and if this helps someone else with a similar prob all good.

In my includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php file around line 219 is this line to do with tax.

<td class="main" align="right" colspan="2"><?php echo $currencies->format($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['cost']) . tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] . '_' . $shipping_tax); ?></td>

I have the Tep_get_tax_rate fix installed so thought maybe this was interfering. I compared the vendor_shipping.php to my checkout_shipping (which i new worked OK for shipping tax) and it was different. I changed the vendor_shipping.php to reflect the same as checkout_shipping.php which is:

<td class="smalltext" align="right" colspan="2"><?php echo $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['cost'], $quotes[$i]['tax'])) . tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id']); ?></td>

and voila my shipping now shows the appropriate quantity with tax included.

OK - now onto why the final order total is not showing the same thing! Will be a similar issue i suspect.

Cheers

Never fails.

Every time.

Dave

If you haven't made any other changes to osCommerce yet, I would grab the 17 Feb 2006 rollup file from the distribution and just drop all of the files in. If you have already made other changes, you'll need to use a file comparison program to apply the changes. MVS makes a lot of changes in a lot of files, so it's a bit of a pain to apply to a heavily modified store.

Thanks Jim!

Basically my load is stone stock. Very simple site that works well for me out-of-the-box... with the exception of multi-vendors & associated shipping issues.

As I hope to go live soon (have been testing various functions & scenarios for weeks), I'll start on it tonight! I'll back everything up and go from there. BTW, you mentioned a "file comparison" app... got any favs? I began in the Linux world, but have since swapped back to Windoze (less time to dink with my Gentoo box)...

Oops! Replied too soon (should have downloaded & browsed a bit! >_< )

I apologize in advance, but my PHP skills are lacking. I have admined a couple of phpBBs and can easily follow written instructions for mods, but am still getting my mitts around PHP as a whole...

I see a couple of separate text files with install instructions... any specific order that should be followed? Like the Admin_Install.txt > then Catalog_install.txt > then modules.txt? Are these all of them?

Everything works like a charm except for vendor_id is being set to 0 in orders_products, but ok in the restie. its show under orders that products is ordred from that vendor weight, shipping ect. but no products but order total is ok.

The orders_products table is updated in checkout_shipping.php around lines 201-213. We added vendors_id to the end of the existing array. Looks like you may have missed that line.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I see a couple of separate text files with install instructions... any specific order that should be followed? Like the Admin_Install.txt > then Catalog_install.txt > then modules.txt? Are these all of them?

The instructions were broken up into Admin and Catalog just because of the size of the mod. There's no particular order required. Modules.txt is for modifying shipping modules. That one is only needed if you plan on using a shipping module that's not already in the distribution.

You should be able to just drop in all of the files in the distribution and run the SQL to update the database. You only need to modify files if you have already made changes to that file. Note that the file changes in the instructions are probably out of date. We've added some changes and bug fixes and have not yet updated the instructions.

Regards

Jim

Alrighty then!... Install went fairly smooth, however I'm getting an error when accessing a product from the admin panel... looks to be either a typo in one of the php scripts or discrepancy between php script & SQL additions (a table named "TABLES_VENDORS" doesn't exist, but "vendors" does!)?

1146 - Table 'trailforgeco_oscommerce22.TABLE_VENDORS' doesn't exist

select vendors_id, vendors_name from TABLE_VENDORS order by vendors_name

Did I miss something? Any ideas?

Alrighty then!... Install went fairly smooth, however I'm getting an error when accessing a product from the admin panel... looks to be either a typo in one of the php scripts or discrepancy between php script & SQL additions (a table named "TABLES_VENDORS" doesn't exist, but "vendors" does!)?

Did I miss something? Any ideas?

TABLES_VENDORS is a constant, defined in database_tables.php. Add the definitions to that file:

//MVS Start
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING','orders_shipping');
 define('TABLE_VENDORS', 'vendors');
 define('TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION', 'vendor_configuration');
 define('TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION_GROUP','vendor_configuration_group');
//MVS End

and you should be fine.

Regards

Jim

TABLES_VENDORS is a constant, defined in database_tables.php. Add the definitions to that file:

//MVS Start
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING','orders_shipping');
 define('TABLE_VENDORS', 'vendors');
 define('TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION', 'vendor_configuration');
 define('TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION_GROUP','vendor_configuration_group');
//MVS End

and you should be fine.

Regards

Jim

Before I go on, THANKS JIM! I'd be screwed if not for the excellent support!

This fixed the initial error, but now once in the product page, beside the field "Vendors Comments or

Special Instructions": ...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_vendors_prod_comments() in /www/t/trailforgeco/htdocs/commerce/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 596

Is it because I have NO vendors setup? Was looking for that function since I recall adding a button for "new vendor"...

Is it because I have NO vendors setup? Was looking for that function since I recall adding a button for "new vendor"...

No, MVS installs one vendor by default. You need to go into Admin > Vendors to finish setting up the vendors.

The error message is because you missed some code in admin/includes/functions/general.php:

//MVS Start
 function tep_get_vendors_prod_comments($product_id) {
$product_query = tep_db_query("select vendors_prod_comments from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['vendors_prod_comments'];
 }
//MVS End

This is in the included file as well as the instructions. A good text search utility is very helpful in finding these things. Yes, I had to go search for it -- I don't remember where everything is in MVS. Too much code....

Regards

Jim

Thanks again Jim! Obviously I was wrong when stating I could "follow written instructions"! :blush:

I had skipped my usual anal check marking of files uploaded & found several files missing on the server (in the root of admin/includes... go figure, huh? Double :blush: )

All seems to functioning well (once the 4 files were uploaded) and I'll begin configuration on the "night shift"...

Thanks again Jim! Obviously I was wrong when stating I could "follow written instructions"! :blush:

MVS is a very large mod, so it's easy to miss something. Just take it slow and double check everything. You're not the only person who's had problems with this, so don't worry about it.

Regards

Jim

Ok - answering my own questions here! Just thinking out loud and if this helps someone else with a similar prob all good.

In my includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php file around line 219 is this line to do with tax.

<td class="main" align="right" colspan="2"><?php echo $currencies->format($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['cost']) . tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] . '_' . $shipping_tax); ?></td>

I have the Tep_get_tax_rate fix installed so thought maybe this was interfering. I compared the vendor_shipping.php to my checkout_shipping (which i new worked OK for shipping tax) and it was different. I changed the vendor_shipping.php to reflect the same as checkout_shipping.php which is:

<td class="smalltext" align="right" colspan="2"><?php echo $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['cost'], $quotes[$i]['tax'])) . tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id']); ?></td>

and voila my shipping now shows the appropriate quantity with tax included.

OK - now onto why the final order total is not showing the same thing! Will be a similar issue i suspect.

Cheers

Bahahah! Not so so fast Kato you fiend!

All very nice that the checkout_shipping page now shows the correct tax however when i get to checkout confirmation the shipping is again being shown ex tax and of course the tax total is out as well.

Any pointers? Im sure this is something to do with checkout confirmation, or possibly something in ot_shipping or ot_tax?

This is so close i can taste it. This add on is going to be one of the most important as far as my shop running - no more freight issues! Awesome contribution & im almost there! Hopefully this will be included in the next nilestone release of oScommerce.

Any pointers?

Never fails.

Every time.

Stephanie,

We didn't know you were so actively involved in the osC Community! VERY, VERY cool. It's been a while since we've posted here, but it's great to see everyone coming together for a great cause (aka Craig, etc).

As our org has more time, we'll be growing MUCH more active in the osC contribution arena. At the moment, we're trying to work with MS3 (quite interesting stuff).

Craig, Stephanie.....how stable are you finding the latest version of MVS to be these days?

MVS is quite stable once you have worked through the bugs from our last release. I am still trying to finish a full updated package. Hoping to get it done this week. Did your guy ever write his own version?

What we have ended up with(Jim Keebaugh and I got it done, and now we have much cooperation and support from many different folks, it's great) is a very sophisticated "per product shipping system", where one can group the products into categories(Vendors) and setup any shipping module/s for that group(modules must be modified for MVS). And it works like a charm. I have it running on about a dozen live sites with no issues. And some are VERY heavily modified. Even on a MS1 site.

What have you been up to?!

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Bahahah! Not so so fast Kato you fiend!

All very nice that the checkout_shipping page now shows the correct tax however when i get to checkout confirmation the shipping is again being shown ex tax and of course the tax total is out as well.

Any pointers? Im sure this is something to do with checkout confirmation, or possibly something in ot_shipping or ot_tax?

This is so close i can taste it. This add on is going to be one of the most important as far as my shop running - no more freight issues! Awesome contribution & im almost there! Hopefully this will be included in the next nilestone release of oScommerce.

Any pointers?

The line you edited is actually not even in use if you have enabled MVS. That section of code is bypassed entirely by MVS, and replaced with includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php. The shipping tax was once an issue but was fixed in RC4. I'm not sure exactlyn what was happening. Was the shipping tax not being calculated at all? Was it not showing someplace you expected to?

Since the "order total" is not accurate I would guess you missed something in includes/classes/order.php, which is one of the files in which we added code to support MVS.

Clarify a bit and we'll find it, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

The line you edited is actually not even in use if you have enabled MVS. That section of code is bypassed entirely by MVS, and replaced with includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php. The shipping tax was once an issue but was fixed in RC4. I'm not sure exactlyn what was happening. Was the shipping tax not being calculated at all? Was it not showing someplace you expected to?

Since the "order total" is not accurate I would guess you missed something in includes/classes/order.php, which is one of the files in which we added code to support MVS.

Clarify a bit and we'll find it, Craig :)

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes the line i changed is actually in Vendor_shipping - i just changed it to look the same as what was in my original checkout_shipping and it appeared to fix it (for that page anyway).

Now when i go to the next step - payment - all OK. When i get to the last step order confirmation i am getting tax on the products OK, but shipping is again showing ex tax and the total tax paid is also showing minus the shipping tax, which should be included in the total.

So what i have is:

Products:

12KG block of Columbian Nosecandy $40

Subtotal: $40

Bestway (default table rate heading) $50 (should be $55 inc tax)

Total: $90 (should be $95 inc shipping tax)

Total GST paid: $3.64 (which is correct for product only but isnt showing shipping tax added - should be $8.64)

I checked the classes/order.php page as you suggested and found a minor difference on one line which i rectified but made no difference. The rest of the file is as per the RC5 package (should i be using RC4?)

I installed this by downloading the RC4 package and editing line by line (except the new files which were dropped straight in.) Got a few bugs but seems to be working so far bar this one issue.

I then did the sql updates in the RC5 package and transferred the two new files across as it stated to do.

Now scratching my head - dont know where to go next as im not sure which module or file this subtotal is being controlled by.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Never fails.

Every time.

Stephanie,

LOL, I didn't know that I was such an active member until I wanted to use the new MVS w/ Individual Shipping, for the new store I'm setting up. I find MVS to be quite stable, but I am not using the upsxml. If you intend on using the UPSXML you might want to wait for the new release. :D

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes the line i changed is actually in Vendor_shipping - i just changed it to look the same as what was in my original checkout_shipping and it appeared to fix it (for that page anyway).

Now when i go to the next step - payment - all OK. When i get to the last step order confirmation i am getting tax on the products OK, but shipping is again showing ex tax and the total tax paid is also showing minus the shipping tax, which should be included in the total.

So what i have is:

Products:

12KG block of Columbian Nosecandy $40

Subtotal: $40

Bestway (default table rate heading) $50 (should be $55 inc tax)

Total: $90 (should be $95 inc shipping tax)

Total GST paid: $3.64 (which is correct for product only but isnt showing shipping tax added - should be $8.64)

I checked the classes/order.php page as you suggested and found a minor difference on one line which i rectified but made no difference. The rest of the file is as per the RC5 package (should i be using RC4?)

I installed this by downloading the RC4 package and editing line by line (except the new files which were dropped straight in.) Got a few bugs but seems to be working so far bar this one issue.

I then did the sql updates in the RC5 package and transferred the two new files across as it stated to do.

Now scratching my head - dont know where to go next as im not sure which module or file this subtotal is being controlled by.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

By the way Craig, if you need copies of any of my files to look at im happy to post them or mail them to you. If you need a guinea pig who has just dived right into installing this in a live store rather than double installing into a test shop and then into a live shop (Optimistic or foolish? Maybe both!) - please feel free to ask away. I believe the functionality inherent in this mod is essential and should be oScommerce core. Im looking forward to having it in my store and running with it as it will solve so many problems and issues for me. A few small bugs along the way are part of the process with any MOD, let alone such a complex one as this.

Fantastic work guys and thanks for responding to my initial queries.

Never fails.

Every time.

Hey Guys,

Does anyone use ultimate SEO Urls with MVS?

Got them running on my store with MVS - so far havent noticed any issues - it shouldnt clash so long as you do your editing line by line rather than replacing whole files as a drag and drop.

Never fails.

Every time.

Got them running on my store with MVS - so far havent noticed any issues - it shouldnt clash so long as you do your editing line by line rather than replacing whole files as a drag and drop.

Thanks Bozmium, I have it up and running!

Does anyone use Paypal Website Payments Pro? Because I'm having a hard time merging the two catalog/checkout_shipping.php files? And with that solved I think that the rest should be a breeze.

As always any help would be appreciated :)

Wow I give on using dimensional support with UPSXML. I just can't seem to get anyywhere near an accurate quote. The one I've worked on by JanZ is better than the old one yet still not good enough. If anyone can I help I'd love to hear it.

MVS is quite stable once you have worked through the bugs from our last release. I am still trying to finish a full updated package. Hoping to get it done this week. Did your guy ever write his own version?

What we have ended up with(Jim Keebaugh and I got it done, and now we have much cooperation and support from many different folks, it's great) is a very sophisticated "per product shipping system", where one can group the products into categories(Vendors) and setup any shipping module/s for that group(modules must be modified for MVS). And it works like a charm. I have it running on about a dozen live sites with no issues. And some are VERY heavily modified. Even on a MS1 site.

What have you been up to?!

Craig :)

Glad to see things going so well! Actually, we're doing a whole re-write of the entire osC shipping module system while trying to incorporate individual shipping module contributions (ie UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc). The idea around this is to use MVS architecture and its functionality while utilizing a number of streaming shipping interfaces. We'll drop you a note sometime soon as to our progress. At the moment, we're finishing up a robust, admin-side search engine (incorporates orders, customers, and virtually every related dbase field).

Right now, we're speaking with both UPS and FedEx directly about integrating APIs to populate the order tracking field we've installed. Do you have any experience with API at this stage using MVS? Basically, we'll be using API technology to automatically populate tracking numbers and offer real-time rates for UPS and FedEx (DHL is still a question mark for us, as we aren't a big fan of them as a carrier). Meanwhile, we are building a vendor-based zipcode origin for UPS/FedEx calculations. I believe you have successfully upgraded your codebase with this functionality, but we haven't taken a look lately at it yet.

If no one has done it yet, we intend to release the ziporigin by vendor as a unique add-on contribution to the osC community. As we all know, the default osC engine is designed around a STOCKING retailer shipping from one location. However, we all know how fast the B2B online retailer marketplace has evolved. ;)

JIM.... great work! Keep it up. Both you and Craig are doing a phenomenal job on this contrib. It seems like such a valuable (universal) add-on that the osC Dev team may want to consider it for MS3. Have they been approached?

LOL, I didn't know that I was such an active member until I wanted to use the new MVS w/ Individual Shipping, for the new store I'm setting up. I find MVS to be quite stable, but I am not using the upsxml. If you intend on using the UPSXML you might want to wait for the new release. :D

Hehe thanks for the insight. :) We're speaking with UPS and Fedex (they actually have API/Web Application divisions) as we iron out some streaming technology. Have you looked at the table rates loaded into UPS for osC lately? They should be compared to some of the recent increases in fees updated by both UPS AND Fedex (due to fuel costs, no doubt). We decided not to increase the table rates since it was negligible.

We'll be sure to keep in touch with you closer on osC-related activity! ;)