• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

there are two things i notice offhand with the posted code...

first, it's not complete.

second, it will not return rates of any kind for flat rate envelopes or boxes.

i have the second issue figured out, for the most part. i cannot get the data to be saved to the db. i have spoken briefly with craig about this issue, and we have not figured anything out yet.

if you want to give it a try, and see if you can figure out why the info is not being saved to the db, by all means, let me know and i will either send you the code, or post it here...

OOPS!

for the first part, Here is the missing end to the code:

'SI' => 'Slovenia',
				'SB' => 'Solomon Islands',
				'SO' => 'Somalia',
				'ZA' => 'South Africa',
				'GS' => 'South Georgia (Falkland Islands)',
				'KR' => 'South Korea (Korea, Republic of)',
				'ES' => 'Spain',
				'LK' => 'Sri Lanka',
				'SD' => 'Sudan',
				'SR' => 'Suriname',
				'SZ' => 'Swaziland',
				'SE' => 'Sweden',
				'CH' => 'Switzerland',
				'SY' => 'Syrian Arab Republic',
				'TW' => 'Taiwan',
				'TJ' => 'Tajikistan',
				'TZ' => 'Tanzania',
				'TH' => 'Thailand',
				'TG' => 'Togo',
				'TK' => 'Tokelau (Union) Group (Western Samoa)',
				'TO' => 'Tonga',
				'TT' => 'Trinidad and Tobago',
				'TN' => 'Tunisia',
				'TR' => 'Turkey',
				'TM' => 'Turkmenistan',
				'TC' => 'Turks and Caicos Islands',
				'TV' => 'Tuvalu',
				'UG' => 'Uganda',
				'UA' => 'Ukraine',
				'AE' => 'United Arab Emirates',
				'UY' => 'Uruguay',
				'UZ' => 'Uzbekistan',
				'VU' => 'Vanuatu',
				'VA' => 'Vatican City',
				'VE' => 'Venezuela',
				'VN' => 'Vietnam',
				'WF' => 'Wallis and Futuna Islands',
				'WS' => 'Western Samoa',
				'YE' => 'Yemen',
				'ZM' => 'Zambia',
				'ZW' => 'Zimbabwe');

return $list;
}
 }
?>

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

Does anybody have advice on how I can get this terrific contribution working with the Download Controller contribution? I believe I have everything else working, even retrieving USPS rates, but if the product is a zero-dollar, downloadable product (with an attribute of Downloadable Product - Yes), I receive an error from checkout_process.php at around line 125 (this is where the MVS code insert appears).

I imagine it will need to be modified to work with MVS, but I am not really certain how. My initial thoughts were to retrieve information from the database that this product was a downloadable product and skip the MVS code if it tested true and execute the MVS code if not. But, this is just my logic speaking, not my coding experience. :rolleyes:

If I am on the right track, could someone provide me guidance on how I might implement this? :D

Thanks.

Dennis

Edited by ctrc_rover

Hello,

I?ve integrated the Contrib "MVS v0.9RC4" into my shop. Nearly everything is fine and thanks for this great contrib.

I?ve one problem with taxes on the checkout_confirmation.php:

1) Display Prices with Tax: true

checkout_confirmation.php:

Sub-Total: 99,64?

Combined Shipping: 16,50?

16% Tax.: 13,74?

Total: 116,14?

The tax will only be calculated for the Sub-Total, not for the Combined Shipping. Although products und shipping methods are in the same tax class.

2) If I change Display Prices with Tax: false

checkout_confirmation.php:

Sub-Total: 85,90?

Combined Shipping: 16,50?

16% Tax.: 16,38?

Unknown tax rate: 2,64?

Total: 118,78?

Now the Tax from the shipping methods are included the 16% Tax line, but I have also the following line: Unknown tax rate: 2,64?

I?ve also check this with a clean ms2 installation und just repalce the files and it ist the same problem.

Have anybody else the same problem or can somebody give me a hint to fix this problem.

Thank you.

Regards Daniel

Does anybody have advice on how I can get this terrific contribution working with the Download Controller contribution? I believe I have everything else working, even retrieving USPS rates, but if the product is a zero-dollar, downloadable product (with an attribute of Downloadable Product - Yes), I receive an error from checkout_process.php at around line 125 (this is where the MVS code insert appears).

I imagine it will need to be modified to work with MVS, but I am not really certain how. My initial thoughts were to retrieve information from the database that this product was a downloadable product and skip the MVS code if it tested true and execute the MVS code if not. But, this is just my logic speaking, not my coding experience. :rolleyes:

If I am on the right track, could someone provide me guidance on how I might implement this? :D

Thanks.

Dennis

Zero Weight Skips Shipping?

Read this thread for more info:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105056&hl=

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I have the MVS installed and working. Just a couple small problems.

1: When I set the Send Order Email to Don't Send Order Emails the vendor still gets the Email.

2: I can't get two shipping modules to work with one vendor.

I would be this Vendor, all other vendors only need one shipping choice.

I sell coffee and coffee equipment, some cleaning products are very light and easy to ship via USPS 1st Class mail. I also have some customers that choose USPS priority mail for the convenience of getting their order in their mail box or just their preference over UPS.

I set up both UPS XML and United States Postal Service in the Manage Vendor page, with all of my proper info but during checkout only the UPS options are given.

Can I easily fix this?

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

I have the MVS installed and working. Just a couple small problems.

1: When I set the Send Order Email to Don't Send Order Emails the vendor still gets the Email.

I would be this Vendor, all other vendors only need one shipping choice.

I sell coffee and coffee equipment, some cleaning products are very light and easy to ship via USPS 1st Class mail. I also have some customers that choose USPS priority mail for the convenience of getting their order in their mail box or just their preference over UPS.

I set up both UPS XML and United States Postal Service in the Manage Vendor page, with all of my proper info but during checkout only the UPS options are given.

Can I easily fix this?

I had this issue also, and Craig was going to look into it. See post here at post #1121

I haven't been able to locate the problem yet, and I don't know if Craig has had a chance to dig into it yet. Did you recently install the Milestone update? I wonder if that is causing issues. Perhaps someone who hasn't installed the update yet could test this and see if they can duplicate it. That might narrow it down to the changes from that update.

John

I had this issue also, and Craig was going to look into it. See post here at post #1121

I haven't been able to locate the problem yet, and I don't know if Craig has had a chance to dig into it yet. Did you recently install the Milestone update? I wonder if that is causing issues. Perhaps someone who hasn't installed the update yet could test this and see if they can duplicate it. That might narrow it down to the changes from that update.

John

I'm not so worried about the Email.

It is the lack of being able to offer 2 shipping methods, i.e. UPS as well as USPS that bothers me.

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

I'm not so worried about the Email.

It is the lack of being able to offer 2 shipping methods, i.e. UPS as well as USPS that bothers me.

That is strange. I have both UPS and USPS set up under one of my vendors, and both are offered at checkout. Hmmm...

John

Can I easily fix this?

I have seen this with a number of different shipping modules. Make sure each shipping module has a different sort order assigned to it. If two modules have the same sort order, only one of them will show up on checkout_shipping.php.

Also, try using just USPS- maybe that module just isn't working. Many people have had problems with it.

Edited by djmonkey1

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Thanks, Stew. I will look into this modification as a replacement to DC5.3. There have been quite a few other mods added since DC5.3 was added. It is taking a bit to identify DC5.3-specific changes and remove them. :( But, I will find them all and remove :thumbsup:

In the meantime, I have loaded MS2.2_Milestone separately and am methodically going back through those mods I want to include permanently.

Thanks for your advice.

I have seen this with a number of different shipping modules. Make sure each shipping module has a different sort order assigned to it. If two modules have the same sort order, only one of them will show up on checkout_shipping.php.

Also, try using just USPS- maybe that module just isn't working. Many people have had problems with it.

I did try just the USPS module and it didn't work as a stand alone module either.

Any ideas on how to correct this? I will search this thread some more trying to find it myself too.

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

I did try just the USPS module and it didn't work as a stand alone module either.

Any ideas on how to correct this? I will search this thread some more trying to find it myself too.

I found the answer in post #1033

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

@ djmonkey1

I would like to give the entries in the "shipper" column on my invoices and packingslips a name other than i.e. zones, table, item .....

Could you tell me if you had figured out how to assign other names to it because you had mentioned this problem a couple of post before.

------------------

also:

Is there a way to get rid of the entries in table "orders_shipping" when I delete an order (except doing it manually with i.e. phpmyadmin).

Any hints (code-lines) are welcome!

Thanks

Mike

Okay. I read through your contributions and have made all the changes to checkout_confirmation.php, checkout_payment.php and checkout_shipping.php. Payment and shipping screens are skipped, as expected, for downloadable products.

However, after confirmation, I still now get an error from checkout_process.php regarding "Invalid argument supplied for foreach() ..." at line 125, which is where the MVS code has been inserted. I have read through all of the posts for this and cannot find a resolution. The MVS modifications added seem to be correct (code included below). The latest posts I see on this are between you and Craig ("Are you guys kidding me?"). Since you obviously have this section of code working correctly for downloadable products, please advise. Thanks.

//MVS - added insert for new orders_shipping table
 $shipping_array = $shipping['vendor'];
 foreach ($shipping_array as $vendors_id => $shipping_data) {
$vendors_query = tep_db_query("select vendors_name
							   from " . TABLE_VENDORS . "
							   where vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'"
							 );
$vendors_name = 'Unknown';
if ($vendors = tep_db_fetch_array($vendors_query)) {
  $vendors_name = $vendors['vendors_name'];
}
			$shipping_method_array = explode ('_', $shipping_data['id']);
			if ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'fedex1') {
					$shipping_method = 'Federal Express';
					} elseif ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'upsxml') {
					$shipping_method = 'UPS';
					} elseif ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'usps') {
					$shipping_method = 'USPS';
					} else {
				$shipping_method = $shipping_method_array[0];
				}
$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,
						'vendors_id' => $vendors_id,
						'shipping_module' => $shipping_method,
						'shipping_method' => $shipping_data['title'],
						'shipping_cost' => $shipping_data['cost'],
						'shipping_tax' =>  $shipping_data['ship_tax'],
						'vendors_name' => $vendors_name,
						'vendor_order_sent' => 'no'
					   );
tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING, $sql_data_array);
 }
//MVS End

@ djmonkey1

I would like to give the entries in the "shipper" column on my invoices and packingslips a name other than i.e. zones, table, item .....

Could you tell me if you had figured out how to assign other names to it because you had mentioned this problem a couple of post before.

------------------

also:

Is there a way to get rid of the entries in table "orders_shipping" when I delete an order (except doing it manually with i.e. phpmyadmin).

Thanks

Mike

For the first problem, find and modify the section of code in checkout_process.php that controls this (it's at about line 125 and ctrc_rover has conveniently posted it in his previous post).

}elseif ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'zones') {
					$shipping_method = 'Whatever you want it to be';

The second thing should be done automatically. I've never looked at the delete function, but it should be updated for MVS. If not, you can ask Craig and Jim very nicely.

Okay. I read through your contributions and have made all the changes to checkout_confirmation.php, checkout_payment.php and checkout_shipping.php. Payment and shipping screens are skipped, as expected, for downloadable products.

However, after confirmation, I still now get an error from checkout_process.php regarding "Invalid argument supplied for foreach() ..." at line 125, which is where the MVS code has been inserted. I have read through all of the posts for this and cannot find a resolution. The MVS modifications added seem to be correct (code included below). The latest posts I see on this are between you and Craig ("Are you guys kidding me?"). Since you obviously have this section of code working correctly for downloadable products, please advise. Thanks.

I never actually used that code on a production site, not yet anyway. I tested it with the intention of using it on a production site but haven't gotten around to that particular project yet.

But, on my test site for that code I have this, basically as I explained in the Zero Weight Skips Shipping thread:

if (($total_weight > 0 ) || ($shipping_array = $shipping['vendor'])){
							  );
 }
					 } else {
				 }
						);
  }
  }
//MVS End

You really want to skip payment too?

I never actually used that code on a production site, not yet anyway. I tested it with the intention of using it on a production site but haven't gotten around to that particular project yet.

But, on my test site for that code I have this, basically as I explained in the Zero Weight Skips Shipping thread:

After looking at that code a little more I'm not too sure I'm comfortable with it.

I think the first line should be replaced with something more like this:

if ($total_weight > 0 ) {

);
 }
					 } else {
				 }
						);
  }
  }
//MVS End

You really want to skip payment too?

You seem to have an extra closing bracket that is not in my copy nor the distributed version. For the life of me, I cannot find what you are closing, as all brackets are accounted for -- at least as far as I can see.

Yes, I have a vendor setup exclusively for free downloads. It is not really necessary, as I can use the Free Of Charge contribution and do it either way. In any event, If the code you presented here is working, there must be something else in the file (preceding MVS code) that you are closing. What?

@ djmonkey1

------------------

also:

Thanks

Mike

For your first question, I believe that Craig is working on a final solution for this. I'll let him answer that (whenever he has time.) For your second question, that is indeed a bug. A line of code is missing from the distribution. In admin/includes/functions/general.php, find the following (around line 981):

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

and add the following line after:

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

That should keep the orders_shipping table cleaned out.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You seem to have an extra closing bracket that is not in my copy nor the distributed version. For the life of me, I cannot find what you are closing, as all brackets are accounted for -- at least as far as I can see.

Yes, I have a vendor setup exclusively for free downloads. It is not really necessary, as I can use the Free Of Charge contribution and do it either way. In any event, If the code you presented here is working, there must be something else in the file (preceding MVS code) that you are closing. What?

The original first line is

On my test site I currently have

and now believe that should be

the point being that I put the whole section inside

and

}

John

John, I don't have the Milestone update installed, and I am experiencing precisely the same glitch as you reported.

@ djmonkey1

------------------

also:

Thanks

Mike

------------------------------------------

For the first problem, find and modify the section of code in checkout_process.php that controls this (it's at about line 125 and ctrc_rover has conveniently posted it in his previous post).

}elseif ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'zones') {
					$shipping_method = 'Whatever you want it to be';

The second thing should be done automatically. I've never looked at the delete function, but it should be updated for MVS. If not, you can ask Craig and Jim very nicely.

------------------------------------------

For your first question, I believe that Craig is working on a final solution for this. I'll let him answer that (whenever he has time.) For your second question, that is indeed a bug. A line of code is missing from the distribution. In admin/includes/functions/general.php, find the following (around line 981):

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

and add the following line after:

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

That should keep the orders_shipping table cleaned out.

Regards

Jim

To DJ and Jim

Thanks a lot for your quick help guys

I appreciate it

So long

Mike

Sorry, Stew. It must have been a late evening - or, I'm getting old - or, whatever other excuse you would accept for this lapse of sanity. Yes, I overlooked the modification you made to the original MVS code by wrapping that section in a conditional execution.

Thanks for correcting my oversight in viewing your modification.