• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

It looks like you've found a bug in the fedex1 module. Starting on line 308 of fedex1.php, find this code:

function _setService($service, $vendors_id) {
  $this->service = $service;
}

function _setWeight($pounds, $vendors_id = '1') {
  $this->pounds = sprintf("%01.1f", $pounds);
}

function _setPackageType($type, $vendors_id = '1') {
  $this->packageType = $type;
}

and change it to this:

function _setService($service) {
  $this->service = $service;
}

function _setWeight($pounds) {
  $this->pounds = sprintf("%01.1f", $pounds);
}

function _setPackageType($type) {
  $this->packageType = $type;
}

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Ok I hope that fixes it I have a new error when I click the confirmation button.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*******/public_html/catalog/includes/vendor_order_data.php:93) in /home/*******/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Ok I hope that fixes it I have a new error when I click the confirmation button.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*******/public_html/catalog/includes/vendor_order_data.php:93) in /home/*******/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I forgot to add that it worked on the very first order but after that I get the error message. I still get it even if I shut down the browser and restart. The order still goes through with the error.

See this post for the fix.

I think that we need to do an update with all of these bug fixes. Unfortunately, MVS is so big that it takes a week or two to get approval to put it up.

Regards

Jim

I think that we need to do an update with all of these bug fixes. Unfortunately, MVS is so big that it takes a week or two to get approval to put it up.

Regards

Jim

What if you cut it into two parts, one for catalog and the other for admin?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Line 93 of includes/vendor_order_data doesn't exist. You may have some extraneous characters in that file. Try deleting everything after the last ?>.

If that doesn't do the job, look at your changes to checkout_process.php. includes/vendor_order_data is included on line 269 of that file. There can be no code that directly outputs anything in either of those files. That includes echo and print statements, plus anything at all outside the php delimiters.

Regards

Jim

Line 93 of includes/vendor_order_data doesn't exist. You may have some extraneous characters in that file. Try deleting everything after the last ?>.

If that doesn't do the job, look at your changes to checkout_process.php. includes/vendor_order_data is included on line 269 of that file. There can be no code that directly outputs anything in either of those files. That includes echo and print statements, plus anything at all outside the php delimiters.

Regards

Jim

Line 93 was it! I even looked at that and was thinking there was no 93 but sure enough there was some blanks or perhaps a return or something. Woot!

Would it be to much trouble for someone to take a look at the admin/category file from this contribution and see if a newb like me can handle merging the two together? I broke it installing this and I dont think im capable of fixing it.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2283

Not really asking for a fix unless you have to much time on your hands :P More or less opinions on the difficulty.

Hello All:

I just installed the Mutli Vendor Shipping Contribution on my test site location in preparation for expanding my business to a second warehouse on the west coast. Everything is working with some minor disturbances, except the USPS shipping. I am currently using USPS as my only shipping module in production and it works fine. It will not work with the Multi Vendor Shipping - but UPS, Flat Rate, etc will work. I have tried it in using both USPS API test and production servers with no luck. And ideas?

Thanks

Dana

Hello All:

I just installed the Mutli Vendor Shipping Contribution on my test site location in preparation for expanding my business to a second warehouse on the west coast. Everything is working with some minor disturbances, except the USPS shipping. I am currently using USPS as my only shipping module in production and it works fine. It will not work with the Multi Vendor Shipping - but UPS, Flat Rate, etc will work. I have tried it in using both USPS API test and production servers with no luck. And ideas?

Thanks

Dana

Check your address for both of your Vendors. USPS uses the zip code and country to calculate your ship-from location. You need this in addition to all of the information entered in the module itself.

Regards

Jim

Check your address for both of your Vendors. USPS uses the zip code and country to calculate your ship-from location. You need this in addition to all of the information entered in the module itself.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim:

Thanks, but that was not it. Both vendors zip codes and country codes are in tact. USPS is not even giving me an error message or sending me the email I use a hook to see the rates returned or error messages. Its like it is never being called. Is there anyway to tell what it is being sent? Also, could it be that b/c I am using the same userid and password in both test and production? Dana

Hi Jim:

Thanks, but that was not it. Both vendors zip codes and country codes are in tact. USPS is not even giving me an error message or sending me the email I use a hook to see the rates returned or error messages. Its like it is never being called. Is there anyway to tell what it is being sent? Also, could it be that b/c I am using the same userid and password in both test and production? Dana

Did you modify includes/modules/vendor_shipping/usps.php to send you email whenever a quote is requested? You might want to check your mod to see if it is working correctly. You could also insert a few Print commands to see what is being sent and what is being received from USPS. I would start with a

print $request;

around line 431 of usps.php.

I don't have a USPS account to play with, so I can only give you a few general suggestions about troubleshooting this.

Regards

Jim

Did you modify includes/modules/vendor_shipping/usps.php to send you email whenever a quote is requested? You might want to check your mod to see if it is working correctly. You could also insert a few Print commands to see what is being sent and what is being received from USPS. I would start with a

print $request;

around line 431 of usps.php.

I don't have a USPS account to play with, so I can only give you a few general suggestions about troubleshooting this.

Regards

Jim

you know you guys should NOT post out a mod for oscommerce untill you tested through enough to that it works good !

and also posting it on Cre Loaded oscommerce website as a Cre loaded Oscommerce version mod is NOT cool when its only made and modified for oscommerce version only !!

thats realy cheap of you guys to do that and NOT a laughing joke either !!

but I installed oscommerce 2 from the server just to see what this so called mod of yours does and this the first dang Error I got from it just by copying the files like it said to do in your poor sketch of instructions to do and then add the SQL file to phpMyAdmin.

this the Error: 1146 - Table 'test_osc1.vendor_configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from vendor_configuration

[TEP STOP]

Please post what is wrong here and why ?

then maybe I can see this mod the way you made it, so I can re-code it for Cre Loaded oscommerce.

as long as there is NO more dang bugs in this so called verison of the mod for oscommerce version.

if there is to many Errors from this mod in oscommerce version it will be awaste of my time to even try to incorporate in to Cre Loaded oscommerce in a real working version for Cre loaded.

The first line of the contribution page states "This is the alpha release for development only. This is for developers ONLY ...." If you are not prepared to deal with development code, then please stay away. Also, we didn't post anything on any "Loaded" or "Forked" site. You can talk to the person who actually did that if you have a problem with it. I suggest that you post your questions on that site and get the help that you need there.

Oh, and your error is caused by your failure to perform the database updates that are clearly spelled out in the instructions.

If you were just trolling, please ignore this answer.

you know you guys should NOT post out a mod for oscommerce untill you tested through enough to that it works good !

then maybe I can see this mod the way you made it, so I can re-code it for Cre Loaded oscommerce.

as long as there is NO more dang bugs in this so called verison of the mod for oscommerce version.

if there is to many Errors from this mod in oscommerce version it will be awaste of my time to even try to incorporate in to Cre Loaded oscommerce in a real working version for Cre loaded.

James, if you were a BIGGER ass you might get some help. Jim and I wrote this mod and neither he nor I posted it anywhere othere than SourceForge and the OsCommerce Contribution pages. And by the way, the Cre-loaded version of Osc is nothing more than a heavily modified Oscommerce store. MVS can be installed on it just like ANY OTHER modified Osc store. Good luck!

Craig :)

Hi Jim:

Dana, just so you know, the USPS module has been a MAJOR thorn in my side since we first wrote MVS. I still don't have a consistently working version myself. Several others seem to be using it though. I am re-writing the USPS module using the latest API from USPS. Hopefully I can get it done this weekend and it'll work. I will post it quickly if I get it.

Don't give up, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I would like to add that this is a easy mod to install, if I can do it anyone can. I thought the instructions was more than clear enough. Only reason I had a few problems was because the feature product mod I had MVS shared alot of the same files.

MVS works just fine for me.

Jim and Craig-

If you were using UPS XML and wanted to only show Ground to customers for whom that is a two day service, based on shipping zip code and Time in Transit info, where would you start (or, even better, what would you do? :D )? In includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php, or the upsxml.php file itself, or somewhere else?

Thanks,

Stew

p.s. Thanks for this clean and easy to use code! :P

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Jim and Craig-

If you were using UPS XML and wanted to only show Ground to customers for whom that is a two day service, based on shipping zip code and Time in Transit info, where would you start (or, even better, what would you do? :D )? In includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php, or the upsxml.php file itself, or somewhere else?

Thanks,

Stew

p.s. Thanks for this clean and easy to use code! :P

Well Stew, this may not be much help but, you can try using the "Shipping Delay" option in the module itself, though I don't think this would accomplish what you're looking for.

As far as coding it to check, I think that would be a bit difficult, but it would need to be done in the upsxml.php file. You would have to write in a check for the distance(zipcode) and expected time of arrival probably after the quote request in order to show the customer just the one shipping option you want. Exactly where in the code itself one would do this would take some time to work out. If I get the time(not likely any time real soon), I will look into it.

Let us know what you come up with, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

On the checking out without a shipping method being selected issue, I need some testing.

In catalog/checkout_payment.php, after this at about line 26:

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 }

add this:

// MVS
 //if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (!isset($shipping[title])) {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 }

Then see if you can get by without a shipping selection.

Let me know what you up with, I also have this on the test site so anyonoe can try to break through there as well.

Thanks, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Well Stew, this may not be much help but, you can try using the "Shipping Delay" option in the module itself, though I don't think this would accomplish what you're looking for.

As far as coding it to check, I think that would be a bit difficult, but it would need to be done in the upsxml.php file. You would have to write in a check for the distance(zipcode) and expected time of arrival probably after the quote request in order to show the customer just the one shipping option you want. Exactly where in the code itself one would do this would take some time to work out. If I get the time(not likely any time real soon), I will look into it.

Let us know what you come up with, Craig :)

The thing about the shipping delay is it would have to be way smarter- I can set it at "2", but it also has to know that if it's Wednesday the delay time is actually 5 because I can't ship until Monday. Basically the functionality would have to be a different delay time for each day of the week, with cognizance of holidays as well (it seems like UPS XML already "knows" about holidays and weekends, but I might be wrong).

But that's just a dream- my major focus is to allow for groud shipping for shipping destinations falling inside the two day window.

Don't worry- if I ever come up with anything for this I'll post it.

Cheers

Stew

On the checking out without a shipping method being selected issue, I need some testing.

Let me know what you up with, I also have this on the test site so anyonoe can try to break through there as well.

Thanks, Craig :)

Tested briefly, works great, thanks!

Stew

Hello everyone, I am currently trying to install this module on my site and I was following the module.txt file. Everything was going good until about half way down the instructions.

The shipping module I'm trying to edit is the Canada Post 3.7 rev1 and I'm stumped at the following point in the module.txt file;

Now look for code similar to this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,

'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_TITLE,

'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,

'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_WAY,

'cost' => $shipping + MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING)));

In the Canada Post module, the code is not like the above, infact only the top two lines are similar. Here is what is in the canadapost.php file;

'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $this->boxCount . MODULE_SHIPPING_PACKAGING_RESULTS . ')');

$methods = array();

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($canadapostQuote); $i++) {

list($type, $cost) = each($canadapostQuote[$i]);

if ( $this->cp_oniline_handling == true) {

if ( $method == '' || $method == $type ) {

$methods[] = array('id' => $type,

'title' => $type,

'cost' => $cost + $this->handling_cp);

}

} else {

'title' => $type,

'cost' => (SHIPPING_HANDLING + $cost));

Has anyone been able to edit this module properly so it can work with the MVS module?

I proceeded to the next step but it too I can not do because of the major differences between the module.txt and the canadapost.php file.

Hello everyone, I am currently trying to install this module on my site and I was following the module.txt file. Everything was going good until about half way down the instructions.

The shipping module I'm trying to edit is the Canada Post 3.7 rev1 and I'm stumped at the following point in the module.txt file;

Now look for code similar to this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_TITLE,

'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,

'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_WAY,

'cost' => $shipping + MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING)));

In the Canada Post module, the code is not like the above, infact only the top two lines are similar. Here is what is in the canadapost.php file;

'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $this->boxCount . MODULE_SHIPPING_PACKAGING_RESULTS . ')');

$methods = array();

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($canadapostQuote); $i++) {

list($type, $cost) = each($canadapostQuote[$i]);

if ( $this->cp_oniline_handling == true) {

'title' => $type,

'cost' => $cost + $this->handling_cp);

}

} else {

'title' => $type,

'cost' => (SHIPPING_HANDLING + $cost));

Has anyone been able to edit this module properly so it can work with the MVS module?

I proceeded to the next step but it too I can not do because of the major differences between the module.txt and the canadapost.php file.

As far as I know, noone else has worked on the CanadaPost module. If you get it working post what you get, as usual, IF I get the chance, I will look at it.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

As far as I know, noone else has worked on the CanadaPost module. If you get it working post what you get, as usual, IF I get the chance, I will look at it.

Good luck, Craig :)

I'll keep working on it but my PHP knowledge is below basic, in fact all I know is that every line seems to have to end with a ; or { and I'm not sure why.

I guess I should try and find myself a PHP for Dummies book. :D