• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Guys im trying to add a Multi Flat Rates Contribution so i can add multiple flat rates to products, since my vendor has flat rate shipping. Im trying to add this contribution. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ulti+flat+rates

I started to look at the code difference to each but its way over my head. Also i need to add this contribution so i can put in the actual price to the attributes and that contribution is located here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ctual+attribute

If you could help me out with one or both of these it would be greatly appreciated!!

Off the top of my head I don't see why the Actual Attribute mod wouldn't work with MVS. It's not a shipping module. You should be able to install this contribution no problem.

For Multi Flat Rates, good luck. Jim and Craig, the MVS contributors, would be your best bet to modify that (it's probably already on their list), but they're both really busy. I'm kind of in the same boat; I'm fighting to get Free Shipping with Minimum Amount to work with MVS, and I'm in a little over my head too. If I can get it to work maybe I'll have gleaned enough experience to help you?

Cheers

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hello everyone!

I was using this module and suddenly I found out that after an order is placed, I can't seem what shipping methods were used for that order (it just shows up as 'combined shipping'). This is a really bad thing because when I print the order invoice, I don't know how to ship the products. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

I am currently using 0.9rc2.1. I looked at the newer versions but couldn't tell if this was something that has been fixed/changed.

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Joseph

Hello everyone!

I was using this module and suddenly I found out that after an order is placed, I can't seem what shipping methods were used for that order (it just shows up as 'combined shipping'). This is a really bad thing because when I print the order invoice, I don't know how to ship the products. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

I am currently using 0.9rc2.1. I looked at the newer versions but couldn't tell if this was something that has been fixed/changed.

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Joseph

Check your install instructions for admin/invoice.php. In the instructions for RC5 there's a large section of code that takes care of the invoice.

If I were you I'd upgrade to RC5- there are a lot of bug fixes that have been addressed by the various updates.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Now I have a question that is not so serious an issue, more of a curiosity: What is the "Vendor Image" used for? I put each vendor's logo in for the image, but I never see it anywhere. Should I be seeing this someplace? Has anyone else tried to load a vendor image in for their vendors?

Just curious. :blink:

John

I'm betting it should show up in admin/vendor_packingslip.php

:thumbsup:

I'm betting it should show up in admin/vendor_packingslip.php

I'm thinking it must just be an unused feature. I can only find it referenced in the vendors.php module where the vendor edit form is created. A field is in the _VENDORS table, but it is null. I can't find any other files with a reference to vendors_image. It is never queried or arrayed in the vendor file, so nothing gets done with it. Future enhancement maybe? When I get some spare :o time I might play around with it.

Now onto features that HAVE to work! :P

FYI (because apparently I no longer sleep :) )-

I've uploaded a small optional file for inclusion with MVS (it's available on the contribution download page)-

"This is a quick hack I threw together to update admin/packingslip.php for MVS. It's entirely optional- the only purpose is for store owners who don't actually have multiple vendors, just multiple classes of goods with different shipping options, and/or who want to be able to print off a packing slip with every item on the order displayed on it."

Hello I use two different drop shippers for my products, One charges a flat rate of 6.25 per order, the other has 4 different rates based on weight. What contribution do you recommend if any for this?

thank you.

That's exactly what Multi Vendor Shipping was designed for.

Good luck!

Hello

I got an Error in the mvs_0.9RC5 mod.

Fatal error: Class messagestack: Cannot inherit from undefined class tableboxmessagestack in /home/test/public_html/shop4/includes/classes/message_stack.php on line 20

this sure does have alot mess in the coding of this mod.

Hello

I got an Error in the mvs_0.9RC5 mod.

Fatal error: Class messagestack: Cannot inherit from undefined class tableboxmessagestack in /home/test/public_html/shop4/includes/classes/message_stack.php on line 20

this sure does have alot mess in the coding of this mod for Cre Loaded oscommerce 615.

cause thats where I found the contribute for CRE Loaded osc version from Cre Loaded website.

and in the instructions for Cre Loaded verison I am seeing mess codes that do not match Cre Loaded code at all !!

like here

you have this:

========================

Find Lines 370 thru 384

========================

if ($action == 'new_product') {

$parameters = array('products_name' => '',

'products_description' => '',

'products_url' => '',

'products_id' => '',

'products_quantity' => '',

'products_model' => '',

'products_image' => '',

'products_price' => '',

'products_weight' => '',

'products_date_added' => '',

'products_last_modified' => '',

'products_date_available' => '',

'products_status' => '',

'products_tax_class_id' => '',

=============

Replace With

=============

//vendors_email start Many additions here, the order they are listed is very important, all new fields have vendor or vendors in the name, (ie, "vendors_product_price,")

'products_url' => '',

'products_id' => '',

'products_model' => '',

'vendors_prod_id' => '',

'products_image' => '',

'products_price' => '',

'vendors_product_price' => '',

'products_weight' => '',

'vendors_prod_comments' => '',

'products_status' => '',

'vendors_id' => '',

//vendors_email end

Cre edited version I fixed !!

//vendors_email start Many additions here, the order they are listed is very important, all new fields have vendor or vendors in the name, (ie, "vendors_product_price,")

'products_url' => '',

'products_id' => '',

'products_model' => '',

'vendors_prod_id' => '',

'products_image' => '',

// BOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

'products_image_med' => '',

'products_image_lrg' => '',

'products_image_sm_1' => '',

'products_image_xl_1' => '',

'products_image_sm_2' => '',

'products_image_xl_2' => '',

'products_image_sm_3' => '',

'products_image_xl_3' => '',

'products_image_sm_4' => '',

'products_image_xl_4' => '',

'products_image_sm_5' => '',

'products_image_xl_5' => '',

'products_image_sm_6' => '',

'products_image_xl_6' => '',

// EOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

'products_price' => '',

'vendors_product_price' => '',

'products_weight' => '',

'vendors_prod_comments' => '',

'products_status' => '',

'manufacturers_id' => '',

'vendors_id' => '');

//vendors_email end

you see the differenc e in code ?

Cre loaded has more in their code for their type of Oscommerce shop.

if your going to do a mod for shipping or any thing else and have it work with Cre Loaded oscommerce cart.

then you better learn the code of Cre loaded style before doing it or posting a mod up for Cre Loaded oscommerce cart !

cause this send in the download for Multi Vendor Shipping

by Craig Garrison Sr and Jim Keebaugh

Module contributions from Rick Knight

Installation Instructions by James Montgomery

that it will work with Cre Loaded oscommerce version.

and Cre Loaded oscommerce has the Template system and much more in to it then normal oscommerce.

so who ever made the instructions for Cre loaded oscommerce version did it backend backwards and did not know his coding at all for Cre Loaded.

and in the instructions for Cre Loaded verison I am seeing mess codes that do not match Cre Loaded code at all !!

like here you say in the tut to look for this and replace with this code:

========================

Find Lines 395 thru 397

========================

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

=============

Replace With

=============

//vendors_email start Many additions here, the order they are listed is very important, all new fields have vendor or vendors in the name,

// (ie, "p.vendors_product_price,")

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.vendors_prod_id, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.vendors_product_price, p.products_weight, p.vendors_prod_comments, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.vendors_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

//vendors_email end

the codes in either one above here do not match or even come close to the code in Cre loaded oscommerce for admin/categories.php !!

this the correct way below for the code to work in Cre Loaded oscommerce admin/categories.php

//vendors_email start Many additions here, the order they are listed is very important, all new fields have vendor or vendors in the name,

// (ie, "p.vendors_product_price,")

// BOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model,p.vendors_prod_id, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.vendors_product_price, p.products_weight, p.vendors_prod_comments, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

// EOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

//vendors_email end

as you can see Cre Loaded oscommerce version has multi images for products in the product desciption area.

so you see this code alot in it ----->>>p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6,

and in the tut code it only has 1 image for placement and NOT 12 image placements.

cause in Cre Loaded oscommerce there the normal view image and under it popup image for larger image.

James: The code referenced in the instructions is part of osCommerce version 2.2 MS2. It will not necessarily match any "loaded" or forked version of the osCommerce code. We have never stated that this contribution will work with any other version of osCommerce, or with any "loaded" or forked code. You are welcome to modify this contribution to work with other code if you wish, but we won't be able to help you with those modifications. If you need support for your "loaded" version, please contact the person(s) who wrote that code.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Yeah- getting it to work on a heavily modified site can be a pleasurable experience....

Adding mods on top of it is even better!

:D

Hey guys-

I'm trying to modify my cart above and beyond MVS. :)

Currrently I'm trying to get zero weight to skip shipping and payment and go straight to confirmation (this is for wholesale customers).

At the same time I need this mod to not break MVS, not break checkout_process, and still work correctly for retail customers.

So right now I've got this MVS code I've changed in an attempt to resolve potential conflicts:

(from checkout_confirmation.php, around line 70)

//MVS start
// load the selected shipping module
 if (($total_weight > 0 ) || (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true')){
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'vendor_shipping.php');
 } else {
if ($total_weight > 0 ){
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');
} else {
}
 }
//MVS End

Anyone see a problem with this? There are other problems associated with what I'm trying to do but I think this little mod helps to speed things up a bit (and get straight to the errors!) :lol:

Ok, I got a PM with affirmative answer.

So I installed it and found a few problems.

First of all, admin/orders.php is reporting:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in xxxxxxxxxxx/test/uprava/orders.php on line 541

This happens even with the included (not moded) stock orders.php from rc5.

<?php

} else {

?>

I'm getting this too.... :'(

I'm getting this too.... :'(

Try this:

On a stock MVS admin/orders.php, delete lines 395-406

<tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <?php
//vendors email begin
   $orders_vendors_data_query = tep_db_query("select distinct ov.orders_id, ov.vendors_id, ov.vendor_order_sent, v.vendors_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " ov, " . TABLE_VENDORS . " v where v.vendors_id=ov.vendors_id and orders_id='" . (int)$oID . "' group by vendors_id");
 while ($orders_vendors_data=tep_db_fetch_array($orders_vendors_data_query)) {
 echo '<tr class="dataTableRow"><td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="left">Order Sent to ' .$orders_vendors_data['vendors_name'] . ':<b> ' . $orders_vendors_data['vendor_order_sent'] . '</b><br></td>';
	  }
	  echo '</tr>';
	  //vendors email end but there is more
?>

(if that step is wrong you can just put the code back in later, however that appears to be a duplicate entry of the code found at lines 381-392. If it isn't duplicate I would leave it)

Then, at line 459, delete the last instance of

}

from lines 456-459

<!-- // MVS Start -->
<?php }
// MVS End
}

I don't know if anyone already posted anything like this but that's my two cents.

Good luck!

Stew

I just installed it on a heavily-modded live store (..yeah,yeah, I know what the blurb says, but I was desperate... :lol: ) ....had two minor glitches on the install... found the answer to one in this thread, and Stew came up with a fix for the other... got it up and running now, and I love it!

Is there a bug fix page/site somewhere for this.

Having to read through 48 pages for a bug fix is a little much.

If not can there be something simple, a page with something like

Date Bug Fix

I am willing to host it :D

Thanks

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )

First, I have installed MVS on a heavily modded Live store....work great.....

Though, I dont know if this a bug or I missed something. But in Admin when I am going back to change the vendors for certain products the Products Price (Net):

Products Price (Gross): are not being saved.

Vendors Price(Base): is being saved though

Any ideas? I did a search but did not find anything on this....so I am thinking I missed something.

How do I get the orders page to show as a normal orders page, instead of the table with all the vendors?

I dont need that info on the invoices I just want the order page and invoice to look normal.

Any ideas?

I got my problems solved and it works somewhat.

I am testing one shipping method at a time started with table. 25:8.50,50:5.50,10000:0.00

porblem I am having is shipping is not changed when price changes.

at first I was using product prices, then I thought maybe it is by vendor prices so I used that as the comparing price. still nothing. price stuck at 8.50.

Edited by crashwave

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )