• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Check that you have MVS turned on in Admin > Configuration > Use vendor shipping? (Set to True.)

Some modules will accept the handling charge set in the vendor admin, and some have to be set in the module itself. osCommerce shipping modules are not very consistent in how they handle settings.

If your client gets a special rate (volume discount), you will probably need to use the UPS XML module to match his rates exactly. You should match the UPS website if you have the same settings -- the data is coming from the same place.

Regards

Jim

If anyone would like to poke around on my store and see if you can figure it out, catalog is located at midnightofferings.com/catalog. Note*** there are only two test products loaded.

Thanks!

Jeff

I'm thinkin.... there are two versions on the contribution page. mvs_0.9RC4 and mvs_0.9RC5. Craig Loaded RC4 and there were two updates to it culminating in RC5. I'm gonna dump and start over this weekend with RC4 and see what happens. I'm not too certain that RC5 vs RC4 was my problem but, I'm looking to launch sometime this month and load product so, I'm gonna try it. I'll post my findings.

Jeff

Edited by chironae

Jeff - The differences between MVS 0.9 RC4 and RC5 are only in one page in the admin and a new shipping module. I doubt that those changes will make a difference. It's worth a try though.

Rudy - I just ran an order through my test store, and it charged me the appropriate tax. I don't understand where MVS could be interfering with taxes.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jeff - The differences between MVS 0.9 RC4 and RC5 are only in one page in the admin and a new shipping module. I doubt that those changes will make a difference. It's worth a try though.

Rudy - I just ran an order through my test store, and it charged me the appropriate tax. I don't understand where MVS could be interfering with taxes.

Regards

Jim

Well, you were right.. I dont know what I'm doing but what ever it is it's wrong.

Jeff

Is it the checkout that I should look at to correct the tax problem?

Regards

Jim

Is it the checkout that I should look at to correct the tax problem?

The tax issues should have been resolved in RC4, Rudy. If you are still having trouble with the tax not populating:

Are taxes for the products being calculated?

Are taxes for shipping the only problem your having?

I had to do a number of things to get the tax to be calculated and added properly, we may need to do some significant tracing to find your specific problem.

Let me know and I we'll try to hunt it down.

And to everyone working on this and following this, sorry I have been "persona non grata" for a while. I've been on the road for about 7 weeks and have not been able to post, but I have been keeping an eye on things. Jim, your awesome man, I pulled you into this and you just keep on working on it, thanks. Now that I am back, I am going to try to get a major update done in the next several weeks. I need to do a full re-install with all the bug fixes and changes first and then thorough testing, so it will be a while before I release it.

Keep up the posts everybody, I knew this was going to be a popular mod!

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Well, you were right.. I dont know what I'm doing but what ever it is it's wrong.

Jeff

It's not you. It's your web server.

I was just having the exact same problem. I fixed it by turning off display_errors in my php.ini. Apparently PHP will be happy to warn you -- in the HTML -- if this option is on. When I turned it off, all my 'Sort Order' items went straight to 0. B)

If I figure out some easy (as in one-line) way to fix this in the code, I'll let you know.

Jude

If this were easy, everybody would do it.

I'm really having trouble. I just installed RC5 on a somewhat-modified shop (USPS Methods had a duplicated method, the only other thing that came close to a conflict was Credit Class/Gift Vouchers). I've been debugging for hours and I can't figure out why my USPS shipping won't show on the checkout page.

I've managed the Vendor for "Local Inventory" (vendor_id == 1). I've installed the USPS module. The Sort Order warning went away (as did UPSXML, surprisingly). I copied the same username/password that I use in the standard USPS module. I verified that usps.php is in the vendor_configuration table.

I get "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order." And it's empty.

I added Flat Rate in admin.

I get "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order." And only Flat Rate is displayed.

I removed Flat Rate in admin.

I get "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order." And it's empty.

I disabled Vendor Shipping in admin. My normal shipping modules (Flat Rate, USPS, FedEx Tables) show up as expected.

I re-enabled Vendor Shipping in admin. I get "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order." And it's empty. Rinse, Later, Repeat.

Better yet, I can check out and get free shipping! :x

I pulled out some hair and started adding debugging statements.

I nearly fell asleep. I've gotta go to bed; I must go to work tomorrow. When I wake up, maybe this will all have been a terrible nightmare...

Or maybe you'll have my answer?

GOT IT! (w00t)

If you can't use USPS with RC5, don't despair! There's just three little typos you need to clear up and it'll all work again.

Go to catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping and edit usps.php.

Find:

$status = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATES_STATUS_' . $vendors_id);

And change the _USPS_RATES_ to _USPS_, like so:

$status = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_STATUS_' . $vendors_id);

There are two other instances of this typo, just two lines below. For these, you change MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATES_ZONE_ to MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_ZONE_ instead. I don't think you'll need me to paste those lines in; you're undoubtedly capable of deleting five characters without my hand-holding. :lol:

Anyway, it's working again in my test store, and I'm happy. Hurray for echo! (If only there were some logging facility...) :huh:

Incidentally, (chironae in particular, but others might be interested,) I've fixed the sort_order thing in code. Every vendors_shipping module needs to be modified.

The easiest way would be to change the calls from constant(x) to @constant(x). But that leaves a '0' in the Sort Order column, which (a) is different from the other osCommerce modules and (B) leaves you without any way to tell which modules are installed and not installed.

The better way (in my not-so-humble opinion) is to replace the sort_order functions in each module with something else. Here's what I did in catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/item.php, for example:

function sort_order($vendors_id='1') {
    $sort_order = constant ('MODULE_SHIPPING_ITEM_SORT_ORDER_' . $vendors_id);
    if (isset ($sort_order)) {
      $this->sort_order = $sort_order;
    } else {
      $this->sort_order = '0';
    }
    return $this->sort_order;
  }

changed to:

function sort_order($vendors_id='1') {
    $sort_order = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ITEM_SORT_ORDER_' . $vendors_id;
    if (defined($sort_order)) {
      $this->sort_order = constant($sort_order);
    } else {
      $this->sort_order = '-';
    }
    return $this->sort_order;
  }

See, instead of taking constant() blindly, we set up a variable name (so we don't have to do the concatenation multiple times), then check to see if it's defined. If not, we use a non-numeric sort order, which will result in a blank in the Sort Order column, just like the standard modules.

It's not a tough change, from a coding standpoint. You've just got to make sure you hit every module.

Jude

I've got RC4 running on a live site. No problems so far.

And I've modified it so that depending on the ship-to address, it uses either the UPS vendor ship module or the table rate method in the standard shipping modules. :-)

I needed that because I wanted a flat rate -- PER ORDER -- not per vendor as the table rate vendors shipping module is.

I have RC5 installed and running well, but today a customer got thru without paying for shipping. I think there was a problem with the USPS module where it could not get the rates from USPS. When that happens and USPS is the only shipping module you just click continue and checkout without shipping. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

I have tested it and I can't reproduce the problem so I think it was a service outage at the USPS.

Thank you

Sean

Just wondering if this mod is stable enough to use on a live site?

I installed RC4 so the problem I'm reporting may have been fixed in RC5. If I use a modified Flat Rate and UPS, everything works fine. If I add FedEx from the MVS module, error messages occur during the later stage of check out.

If a customer orders a product flagged for freight charges, my modified Flat Rate produces a message during the shipping page notifying the customer about the freight charge.

Im wondering if someone has an idea about this.

During the checkout process in a normal store, this

$shipping['id']

Contains the shipping method for example flat_flat

However with MVS enabled, when I echo it, it shows Array.

Does anyone know what this array is and how I can pull the index from it? I need to know what the shipping id is for a small hack i have implemented during checkout.

thnx

In MVS $shipping['id'] is generally an empty array. It would be unreliable in any case, since there can be as many IDs as there are vendors. To look at the $shipping array you can use this code:

print "<pre>";
   print_r ($shipping);
   print "</pre>";

To get the shipping ID for any vendor, use this code:

$shipping['vendor'][$vendors_id]['id']

Assuming, of course, that $vendors_id contains the correct ID for the vendor that you are interested in.

Regards

Jim

I have RC5 installed and running well, but today a customer got thru without paying for shipping. I think there was a problem with the USPS module where it could not get the rates from USPS. When that happens and USPS is the only shipping module you just click continue and checkout without shipping. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

I have tested it and I can't reproduce the problem so I think it was a service outage at the USPS.

Thank you

Sean

This shouldn't be possible Sean, I will definitely look into it though, thanks for the bug report.

Craig <_<

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

That bug should be fixed with this patch:

All changes are in includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php. First, find this code (line 84):

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) && (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest($vendor_id);

and replace it with:

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) ) )  $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest($vendor_id);

Next, find this code (line 186):

$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

and replace it with:

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ( $shipping == false || ( !isset($shipping['vendor'][$vendor_id]) ) ) ) )  $shipping['vendor'][$vendor_id] = $shipping_modules->cheapest($vendor_id);

I don't believe that this got into RC5. If it did, or if you still have problems after patching, please let us know.

Regards

Jim

Hi everyone!

Boy, this is a gigantic thread.

I am finishing up my osc website and I have just

finished and customized my payment modules.

Now I'm off to shipping, but I'm a bit lost.

It appears MultiVendorShipping contrib is just what I need,

but I'd love to hear it confirmed before I wade through all

38 pages and try installation with numerous fixes in this thread.

What I need is:

- 2 or 3 shipping locations, main office and two outside vendors

- two shipping methods, air mail and fedex

- Shipping to 7 different zones (each country would have to be assigned

to one of the zones)

- A weight/price table would be needed for each zone and each shipping

method, in increments of 0.5Kg, I can write this up from the price list.

Does MVS contrib do this or should I go for something else? :'(

Mark

Ok, I got a PM with affirmative answer.

So I installed it and found a few problems.

First of all, admin/orders.php is reporting:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in xxxxxxxxxxx/test/uprava/orders.php on line 541

This happens even with the included (not moded) stock orders.php from rc5.

<?php

} else {

?>

I went to the "test" site to check this out and got an error just putting in the url

1146 - Table 'bcsales_osc1.whos_online' doesn't exist

delete from whos_online where time_last_click < '1125418439'

[TEP STOP]

Has the test site moved or is it just currently being updated?

Thanks

Lori

Mark: You could have a problem with vendor_order_info.php . This file is used to display the extra order information that MVS provides.

Lori: All of the demo sites are occasionally down for testing of upgrades. Or, in this case, an apparent database problem. You can try my site, which is currently running RC3 with all of the patches. I'm going to upgrade to a patched RC5 as soon as I have the time. Or possibly RC6, depending on how long it takes me. :blush:

Regards

Jim

I'm having so many problems with this module. It messes up the shipping module page in my Admin, as well as the checkout page on my store.

I'm not even sure if this module is what I want... All I want to do is have a seperate shipping price for Poster items because they can't be shipped with other items that don't fit in a poster tube.

I'm having so many problems with this module. It messes up the shipping module page in my Admin, as well as the checkout page on my store.

I'm not even sure if this module is what I want... All I want to do is have a seperate shipping price for Poster items because they can't be shipped with other items that don't fit in a poster tube.

You might try Per Item shipping.. I think it is under individual shipping per item or something similar. From what I read on the thread it allows you to have items with individual shipping prices (like the posters) along with items that go regular mail (maybe a CD or t-shirt).

Lori