• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

One more special case -- replace the same code as above with this:

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ( $shipping == false || ( !isset($shipping['vendor'][$vendor_id]) ) ) ) )  $shipping['vendor'][$vendor_id] = $shipping_modules->cheapest($vendor_id);

Let's see how many people can break it this time.

Regards

Jim

I have tried several ways to break this last fix and I think you got it. Thank you for your work on this great contribution.

Sean

I found something in Orders by Vendor where the Email Sent? wasn't being updated when you sent the email.

I found the problem in vendor_email_send.php starting at line number 231

<td class="main"><br><br>  <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('email', $email);?></td>
         <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('order_number', stripslashes($order_number));?></td>
         <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('the_email',  stripslashes($the_email));?></td>
         <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('the_name', stripslashes($the_name));?></td>
         <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('the_contact', stripslashes($the_contact));?></td>

replace with

<td class="main"><br><br>  <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('email', $email);?>
         <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('order_number', stripslashes($order_number));?>
         <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('the_email',  stripslashes($the_email));?>
         <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('the_name', stripslashes($the_name));?>
         <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('the_contact', stripslashes($the_contact));?>
          <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('vID', $vID);?></td>

Matt Peace

This looks like the answer to an issue I have on a cart. The cart is gourmet food items and I need to be able to flag the perishable items to ship overnight with special packaging, but have not found a contribution that will answer this problem. Any progress you make will be appreciated.

One more special case -- replace the same code as above with this:

? ?if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ( $shipping == false || ( !isset($shipping['vendor'][$vendor_id]) ) ) ) ) ?$shipping['vendor'][$vendor_id] = $shipping_modules->cheapest($vendor_id);

Let's see how many people can break it this time.

Regards

Jim

With everything on this MVS contribution working so well, I'm concerned about any changes that might create problems. For example, I'm wondering about using one of the contributions which allows turning register globals off, for security issues. I also need to add the ability to obtain from the customer their CCV number.

Does either of these changes adversely affect the MVS module? Also, with several different contributions for both solutions and with very little description provided within the Contribution section, how does one know which version to try? I have scanned the forums for more detail but did not find enough information on this.

With everything on this MVS contribution working so well, I'm concerned about any changes that might create problems. For example, I'm wondering about using one of the contributions which allows turning register globals off, for security issues. I also need to add the ability to obtain from the customer their CCV number.

Does either of these changes adversely affect the MVS module? Also, with several different contributions for both solutions and with very little description provided within the Contribution section, how does one know which version to try? I have scanned the forums for more detail but did not find enough information on this.

I'm using this contribution with the latest Authorize.net with CCV contribution and it works fine. If you look back through this thread, you'll see most of us have lots of other contribs installed. I have 30 - 40 or more, including the RMA Returns and CCGV contribs installed and everything works well. You may have to tweak things a bit, but most contribs should work.

Rick Knight

Contributions that involve shipping will have the most impact on MVS. Shipping modules will need to be modified to work with MVS -- see the instructions in the distribution. Most contributions that do not modify or add to shipping will have little or no problems with MVS.

CCV mods only affect the payment section, so you should be fine with any of those. Register Globals causes issues with all parts of osCommerce. It might be better to patch specific code that is believed to be a problem and just leave Register Globals alone. If you do decide to do this mod, you may need to modify part of MVS as well. I would only suggest doing this if you have a good grasp of PHP.

For contributions, look for a support thread. Older contributions may not have one, so you should also search for the contribution by name on the forums. If the support thread has lots of questions and very few answers, that may not be a good choice. If there is very little activity, the contribution may not be very popular, or it may just work well. You can usually get an idea from reading the threads. From there, the only real way to tell if it meets your needs is to try it out.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Contributions that involve shipping will have the most impact on MVS. Shipping modules will need to be modified to work with MVS -- see the instructions in the distribution. Most contributions that do not modify or add to shipping will have little or no problems with MVS.

CCV mods only affect the payment section, so you should be fine with any of those. Register Globals causes issues with all parts of osCommerce. It might be better to patch specific code that is believed to be a problem and just leave Register Globals alone. If you do decide to do this mod, you may need to modify part of MVS as well. I would only suggest doing this if you have a good grasp of PHP.

For contributions, look for a support thread. Older contributions may not have one, so you should also search for the contribution by name on the forums. If the support thread has lots of questions and very few answers, that may not be a good choice. If there is very little activity, the contribution may not be very popular, or it may just work well. You can usually get an idea from reading the threads. From there, the only real way to tell if it meets your needs is to try it out.

Regards

Jim

I am really considering loading this contrib as I have several drop ship suppliers and have now went back to a full time job on top of my web-store. I have one question. Does anyone that has this loaded also have the separate price contrib loaded? The two of these together will make a very strong pair. Are there any contribs this is known to break?

Thanks

Carol

I have successfully combined Multi Admin with Levels and MVS contributions.

I will be giving the trustworthy oscommerce community full access for the next 7 days, where anyone who is interested in using the two above contributions together can browse and or break my work.

I have got myself some free webspace and I have uploaded it to mrpdev.buildtolearn.net - catalog

mrpdev.buildtolearn.net/manage - admin

Top administators username and passwords are

[email protected] hol1day

Anyone wishing to access this account please do not change any details or permissions, if you wish to test a top level admin account please create a new top level account.

Vendor account username and passwords

[email protected] password

Customer account username and passwords just incase you don't want to create your own.

[email protected] customer

Thanks for reading, any feedback is very welcome

Matt Peace

Does anyone have MVS and RMA returns 2.5d working together? I have been able to get the catalog side working ok, but I get seem to get the admin side to work right. On the admin side I have modified admin/vendor_order_info.php admin/includes/classes/venor_order_data.php and get a return link on the order info page, but when clicking to create a return the product id is not passed to the page to create the RMA. If you need any more info let me know. It would to nice to get these 2 working together.

Thanks

Sean Hawkes

Does anyone have MVS and RMA returns 2.5d working together? I have been able to get the catalog side working ok, but I get seem to get the admin side to work right. On the admin side I have modified admin/vendor_order_info.php admin/includes/classes/venor_order_data.php and get a return link on the order info page, but when clicking to create a return the product id is not passed to the page to create the RMA. If you need any more info let me know. It would to nice to get these 2 working together.

Thanks

Sean Hawkes

Sean,

I was able to get them working together with a minimal effort, however, I have forgotten exactly what I had to do (age thing I guess!). Take a look back through this thread, 3 or 4 months ago or more, I believe I posted my changes here. I'll also take a look at my files and see what I modified, but that may take a while, family stuff and all.

Rick Knight

I have successfully combined Multi Admin with Levels and MVS contributions.

I will be giving the trustworthy oscommerce community full access for the next 7 days, where anyone who is interested in using the two above contributions together can browse and or break my work.

Thanks for reading, any feedback is very welcome

I have successfully combined "Access with Level Account for the Admin Area" (Admin_Access-2) and "cvv2err_1" (credit card verification number collection) to MVS . In the case of "cvv2err_1" and because I was modifying an almost virgin install of osC (without a previous install of any cvv), simply following the installation instructions did not work. By communicating directly with the author of that contribution, I was able to identify 6 different sections that needed code modification beyond those changes listed in the included install instructions.

Regarding "Access with Level Account for the Admin Area", I searched the forum discussions and found a solution to a problem where one is not given the opportuntiy to enter a password for new accounts beyond the "Top Administrator" account. Since the password was encrypted, trying to view the automatically assigned password for a restricted account with phpMyAdmin was not possible. By allowing unencrypted password comparison, I could then manually enter new account passwords and then log on to restricted accounts.

I have successfully combined "Access with Level Account for the Admin Area" (Admin_Access-2) and "cvv2err_1" (credit card verification number collection) to MVS .

Perhaps I spoke too soon on compatibility. In fact, it took me some time to track down the cause of error when combining "Access with Level Account for the Admin Area" with MVS. When inside the Admin and editing a catalog product, the bottom of the page (next to Vendors Comments or

Special Instructions) contained the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_vendors_prod_comments() in /Library/WebServer/Documents/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 600

The actual source of error was located in admin-> includes -> functions -> general.php

The "Access with Level Account for the Admin Area" contribution has, among other files, a replacement general.php file which does not of course contain any MVS code. I located 4 different MVS sections that I copied and pasted into the replacement general.php file from this Admin Level contribution. I hope there are not other issues yet to be discovered.

I offer this information as a guide for others who might make this modification. As always, make a backup copy of your properly functioning catalog folder before trying to combine a contribution.

Sean,

I was able to get them working together with a minimal effort, however, I have forgotten exactly what I had to do (age thing I guess!). Take a look back through this thread, 3 or 4 months ago or more, I believe I posted my changes here. I'll also take a look at my files and see what I modified, but that may take a while, family stuff and all.

Rick Knight

The catalog part that was in your earlier post I already have working. What I can't get right is in the admin section if I need to create an RMA for a customer.

in /admin/includes/vendor_order_info.php after line 43 which reads

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products[$l]['orders_products']); $i<$n; $i++) {

I added this which is the RMA code from admin/orders.php

//BEGIN RMA MODULE
  	 $returns_check_query = tep_db_query("SELECT r.rma_value, rp.products_id FROM " . TABLE_RETURNS . " r, " . TABLE_RETURNS_PRODUCTS_DATA . " rp where r.returns_id = rp.returns_id and r.order_id = '" . $oID . "' and rp.products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "' ");
if (!tep_db_num_rows($returns_check_query)){

if ($order->products[$i]['return'] != '1') {
$return_link = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, 'order_id=' . $oID . '&products_id=' . ($order->products[$i]['id']), 'NONSSL') . '"><u>' . '<font color="818180">Schedule Return</font>' .'</a></u>';
}
// Don't show Return link if order is still pending or processing
// You can change this or comment it out as best fits your store configuration
if (($orders_status == '1') OR ($orders_status == '2') ) {
 $return_link = '';
}
} else {
$returns = tep_db_fetch_array($returns_check_query);
$return_link = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURNS, 'cID=' . $returns['rma_value']) . '><font color=red><b><i>Returns</b></i></font></a>';
}
//END RMA MODULE

and this line was changed

<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

to this

<td class="dataTableContent" valign="center" align="left">' . $order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['name'] . '  ' . $return_link;

The return link shows on the order page but the product id is not passed to /admin/return_product.php.

Thanks for any help

Sean Hawkes

I'm not familiar with the RMA mod, so I may be sticking my nose out a bit far here, but it looks to me like you need to change the link in your code from this:

$return_link = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, 'order_id=' . $oID . '&products_id=' . ($order->products[$i]['id']), 'NONSSL') . '"><u>' . '<font color="818180">Schedule Return</font>' .'</a></u>';

to this:

$return_link = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, 'order_id=' . $oID . '&products_id=' . ($order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['id']), 'NONSSL') . '"><u>' . '<font color="#818180">Schedule Return</font>' .'</a></u>';

Regards

Jim

I'm not familiar with the RMA mod, so I may be sticking my nose out a bit far here, but it looks to me like you need to change the link in your code from this:

to this:

$return_link = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, 'order_id=' . $oID . '&products_id=' . ($order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['id']), 'NONSSL') . '"><u>' . '<font color="#818180">Schedule Return</font>' .'</a></u>';

Regards

Jim

Thank you for the reply. I tried your code and it did not break anything but it did not work either.

Thank you

Sean Hawkes

Jim,

you recommended the Option Type Feature contribution in another thread...

Do you think there will be difficulties to get the Option Feature Contribution running with MVS.

I am willingly to test it, but perhaps you can give some hints, for example which one to install first... (I have a modified shop, so i have to merge the files...)

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany

greetings from Germany

Philipp

The Option Type mod should not have any effect on MVS, so I think that they would not interfere with each other at all. Depending on what else you have installed, MVS might need some changes to install in your modified shop. MVS is the largest change to put in, so I would do it first. There's really no strong reason to make the changes in that order, so feel free to do it either way.

Regards

Jim

The catalog part that was in your earlier post I already have working. What I can't get right is in the admin section if I need to create an RMA for a customer.

in /admin/includes/vendor_order_info.php after line 43 which reads

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products[$l]['orders_products']); $i<$n; $i++) {

I added this which is the RMA code from admin/orders.php

//BEGIN RMA MODULE
  	 $returns_check_query = tep_db_query("SELECT r.rma_value, rp.products_id FROM " . TABLE_RETURNS . " r, " . TABLE_RETURNS_PRODUCTS_DATA . " rp where r.returns_id = rp.returns_id and r.order_id = '" . $oID . "' and rp.products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "' ");
if (!tep_db_num_rows($returns_check_query)){

if ($order->products[$i]['return'] != '1') {
}
// Don't show Return link if order is still pending or processing
// You can change this or comment it out as best fits your store configuration
if (($orders_status == '1') OR ($orders_status == '2') ) {
 $return_link = '';
}
} else {
$returns = tep_db_fetch_array($returns_check_query);
$return_link = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURNS, 'cID=' . $returns['rma_value']) . '><font color=red><b><i>Returns</b></i></font></a>';
}
//END RMA MODULE

to this

<td class="dataTableContent" valign="center" align="left">' . $order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['name'] . '  ' . $return_link;

The return link shows on the order page but the product id is not passed to /admin/return_product.php.

Thanks for any help

Sean Hawkes

Sean,

How are you trying to create an RMA for a customer. I have never had that functionality, either before or after MVS.What version of RMA are you using? Where is the "Return" button in the admin area?

Thanks,

Rick Knight

Thanks for any help

Sean Hawkes

Sean,

I have RMA System 2.4. The RMA from Admin was an added feature in 2.5. It looks like a handy addition so I' ll download the latest RMA System and take a look at upgrading to it. Once I have a contribution working, I don't like to upgrade it because it usually breaks something, but this looks worthwhile.

If I get it working, I'll post here.

Thanks,

Rick Knight

Perhaps I spoke too soon on compatibility. In fact, it took me some time to track down the cause of error when combining "Access with Level Account for the Admin Area" with MVS.

It now appears I have MVS and Access with Level Account for the Admin Area combined such that UPS shipping rates match to the penny those from the UPS Web site.

The following 7 Admin with Level replacement files needed to be modified to include MVS code:

admin -> includes -> application_top.php

admin -> includes -> column_left.php

admin -> includes -> database_tables.php

admin -> includes -> filenames.php

admin -> includes -> functions -> general.php

admin -> includes -> functions -> html_output.php

admin -> includes -> languages -> english.php

Thanks to Jim Keebaugh/kymation for pointing me in the right direction on this.

to this

Thanks for any help

Sean Hawkes

Sean,

I can't find the above code in my /admin/vendor_order_info.php. Can you give me a line number or something?

Thanks,

Rick Knight

Sean,

I can't find the above code in my /admin/vendor_order_info.php. Can you give me a line number or something?

Thanks,

Rick Knight

My mistake, the original code was on line 47 and is this

'            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="center" align="left">' . $order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['name'];

Sean Hawkes

Sean,

Thanks,

Rick Knight

My mistake, the original code was on line 47 and is this

'            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="center" align="left">' . $order->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['name'];

Sean Hawkes