• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Hello All,

I've come to the conclusion that one of my other contributions installed on my site is causing the problem with the orders screen population the product information.

What I should do is trim the fat on the site and reinstall what I do use and eliminate the wasted space. Thank you Craig, Jim, and all

Screenshot.png

I come as far as placing an order on the user end without generating an error, But on the admin side of things, the orders do not have all the information in the required fields.

My forehead is really starting to hurt from whacking my head on the desk.  Mental stimulation I suppose.

Any thoughts of what might be the cause, I've tried replacing the orginal file and I creates a stock orders screen, the MVS orders script has all the correct figures but the product information is absent.

Goodnight!

Rudy

Jim, Craig here, line 284 of what file? This isn't an error I'm aware of. I'm doing my best to keep up with the bugs for the next release but I'm stumped on this one.

Craig :)

Oops, sorry, I forgot to type the filename on the end of that. It's in fedex1.php.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Ok, after a few days of head smacking into my deak and blood shot eyes, I've finally got things sorted out. Starting fresh and reinstalling what I needed as my way of copping out. But, here is another question, I've noticed on the orders screen that the entire credit card number is present. I dare not alter the code on any of the MVS files from another contribution to correct the issue. Is there a way to keep it private and still have access to it?

rudy

Ok, after a few days of head smacking into my deak and blood shot eyes, I've finally got things sorted out.  Starting fresh and reinstalling what I needed as my way of copping out.  But, here is another question, I've noticed on the orders screen that the entire credit card number is present.  I dare not alter the code on any of the MVS files from another contribution to correct the issue.  Is there a way to keep it private and still have access to it?

rudy

I don't think this is that big a deal, I believe there are several contributions that handle this issue, just be careful when adding it in and backup your working MVS files. Good job sticking with it, this is a pretty big contribution and seems to be growing at every update.

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

In includes/modules/vendors_shipping, change line 284 to this:

? ?function _setService($service) {

The $vendors_id isn't needed there. For your other problem, make sure you have this code in admin/includes/application_top.php (line 69):

//MVS
// set the vendor shipping constants
?$vendor_configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION);
?while ($vendor_configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($vendor_configuration_query)) {
? ?define($vendor_configuration['cfgKey'], $vendor_configuration['cfgValue']);
?}
//MVS End

That code is what sets the constants from the information in the database.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for the help Jim. VERY much appreciated.

Those fixes seem to have corrected the issues.

I didn't update the /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php file -- as I was following the instructions in the 0.9rc3 package and that file was not listed in the followng:

======================

Admin Section Install

======================

Remember! BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP Your database and files before continuing!

===========================

New Admin Files to Install

===========================

admin/prods_by_vendor.php

admin/vendor_modules.php

admin/vendor_order_info.php

admin/vendor_packingslip.php

admin/vendors.php

admin/includes/boxes/vendors.php

admin/includes/classes/vendor_order_data.php

admin/includes/languages/english/prods_by_vendor.php

admin/includes/languages/english/vendor_configuration.php

admin/includes/languages/english/vendor_modules.php

admin/includes/languages/english/vendor_packingslip.php

admin/includes/languages/english/vendors.php

admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_manage.gif

admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_new_vendor.gif

================================================================================

===============

================================================================================

===============

====================

Admin Files to Edit

====================

admin/categories.php

admin/invoice.php

admin/orders.php

admin/colum_left.php

admin/includes/database_tables.php

admin/includes/filenames.php

admin/includes/classes/order.php

admin/includes/functions/general.php

admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

admin/includes/languages/english.php

admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php

admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php

However, now after looking through the admin install instructions again I do see that the file changes are listed later in the document -- the file itself is just not called out in the list above.

I have one other issue that you probably have seen and I'm hoping you have a fix for. In addition to the FedEx shipping module, I have enabled the Flat Rate module as well for the same vendor. I have assinged sort order '2' to it, but in the listing it always shows '0' in the sort order column, no matter what I change it to with the 'Edit' button.

Any ideas ??

Thanks again.

One more thing...

The vendor e-mail body doesn't list the product options/attributes selected.

Any fix for that yet ?

Thanks for the help.

The "sort order" is still a problem, we haven't quite figured that one out, doesn't make sense.

The options/attributes in the vendor email are a problem, as is the shipping method shown to the vendor, but they will be fixed with the next release which should be out in a day or 2, I've completed the email updates and am working on a few last minute things, which includes the sort order problem. So just hang tight, we'll get it. And thanks for sharing your finds, we need all the feedback we can get.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I guess my 2cents is worth a nickel now, but here it is. I've strayed from windows falling onto the lap of linux, which is very nice to have. I can test, uninstall, reinstall, break, crash and ruin all the OSC installs I want. I'm far from a tech geek, but it helps. The same server side programs are also available for windows, whichi nstalled on your local machine give you the opportunity to break OSC as many times as you can stand while leaving your live site untouched. Apache, PHP, and MySql is all you need to get started, a contribution this complex would have been hurtful had it been on a remote server...

I'm almost done, very excited!!!

Thanks

rudy

Edited by veedubdesign

I think the bugs are ganging up on me. To fix the Sort Order bug in the admin, first make certain that you have the changes to admin/includes/application_top.php that were mentioned above. Next, find this code in admin/vendor_modules.php (line 190):

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if (is_numeric($module->sort_order)) echo $module->sort_order; ?></td>

and change it to

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if (is_numeric($module->sort_order($vendors_id))) echo $module->sort_order($vendors_id); ?></td>

Finally, you will need to change most of the shipping modules in includes/modules/vendor_shipping. I believe that the ups, upsxml, and usps modules have already been fixed, but please check all of yours as some of these were not fixed in earlier versions. You need to look for code something like this (from zones.php, line 120):

function sort_order($vendors_id='1') {
     if (defined (@constant ('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_SORT_ORDER_' . $vendors_id))) {
       $this->sort_order = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_SORT_ORDER_' . $vendors_id);

and change it to this:

function sort_order($vendors_id='1') {
     $sort_order = @constant ('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_SORT_ORDER_' . $vendors_id);
     if (isset ($sort_order)) {
       $this->sort_order = $sort_order;

Of course the constant name will be different for each module.

I'm particularly peeved at that last change; that code really should work either way, and the original is simpler. Looks like a PHP bug to me. Oh well, another lesson learned.

Regards

Jim

i just started looking at the saga of this forum. very interesting. i also am looking for a solution of this type. my coding is pretty weak, but reading is getting there. does anyone have an online example of this module. it will help me to see really what it does and i may be able to help in planning in functionality. anyways this looks like very good work and i do have to commend all involved for their time and effort. and will this work with other shipping modules like canada post?

Edited by boda2005

The "sort order" is still a problem, we haven't quite figured that one out, doesn't make sense.

The options/attributes in the vendor email are a problem, as is the shipping method shown to the vendor, but they will be fixed with the next release which should be out in a day or 2, I've completed the email updates and am working on a few last minute things, which includes the sort order problem. So just hang tight, we'll get it. And thanks for sharing your finds, we need all the feedback we can get.

Any update on this next release ?? Just wondering... you had said earlier "should be out in a day or 2".

Thanks for any update you can give.

Regards,

Jeff.

i just started looking at the saga of  this forum. very interesting. i also am looking for a solution of this type. my coding is pretty weak, but reading is getting there. does anyone have an online example of this module. it will help me to see really what it does and i may be able to help in planning in functionality. anyways this looks like very good work and i do have to commend all involved for their time and effort. and will this work with other shipping modules like canada post?

boda2005, we've got things going pretty good, we are still chasing a few bugs here and there, and will of course still be adding features later, so if you would like to get into it with us, just download the latest release(the next update should be out this weekend, RC4).

We do have a demo set up:

http://blucollarsales.com/osc/

http://blucollarsales.com/osc/admin

The site is ready for orders for testing, nothing will ship, and everything bills COD. The admin is open to the public but nothing can be changed right now, I will be installing the next release tonight or in the morning and making a few other changes. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Any update on this next release ??  Just wondering...  you had said earlier "should be out in a day or 2".

Thanks for any update you can give.

Regards,

Jeff.

Sorry Jeff, got busy. James also got the instructions finished yesterday, so tonight or in the morning I will be releasing 0.9RC4. This will have many bug fixes and a major update to the Vendor Email portion of MVS. I will post a note here when I get it uploaded.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Sorry Jeff, got busy. James also got the instructions finished yesterday, so tonight or in the morning I will be releasing 0.9RC4. This will have many bug fixes and a major update to the Vendor Email portion of MVS. I will post a note here when I get it uploaded.

Awesome... rock 'n' roll..

Thx.

Just letting everyone know that I have been delayed by a few things that I hope to deal with before this next release, USPS has made changes and I am tryinig to see if I can update for them, and a few other small things. I still hope to get the next release done this weekend.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hey guys,

On Blucollar the Fedex setup does not have a cURL, I inputed my acct number and selected test, At checkout I get this:Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in /var/www/catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 312... A fedex rep told me that OSC should populate these numbers for me and that the don't give out the cURL. I should find it somewhere, she didn't make me too happy. So, how do I get things going?

rudy

It appears that your hosting service does not have libcurl installed in PHP. Unfortunately, most of the shipping modules that use outside services to get quotes are dependant on cURL to operate. This includes Fedex, USPS, UPS, and several more. You need a hosting service that has cURL available (preferably with libcurl installed) to make use of the best shipping modules.

You have one other possibility here. If you have command-line access to the server, type "which curl" at the command prompt and write down the path to cURL that it gives you (the first part). Then copy the path to cURL into the "cURL Path" in the Fedex module setup. If you don't have command line access, ask your hosting service for the path to cURL. If they don't have cURL on your server, you're out of luck -- change hosts or don't use the Fedex module.

Regards

Jim

MVS v0.9RC4 has been uploaded!

This release contains many bug fixes, including shipping zones, sort order for ship modules and several others. It also includes a MAJOR update to the Vendor Email portion of MVS and an improved Vendor's products report and a new Vendor's Orders report.

The MVS_options folder was removed to avoid the oversize package, and has been uploaded seperately. It is on hold because of it's size, but if you already downloaded RC3 you don't need it, no changes were made.

See the included readme.txt for details.

As usual, post any suggestions or bug reports here.

use the link in my signature to download from osC contributions area,

use this link the download from SourceForge:

SourceForge download

Let us know what you think. :thumbsup:

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

A few small bugs have already been reported. I am not going to release again until we get more feedback so here is what I know:

in catalog/checkout_process.php

change line 380 to:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = '" . tep_db_input($vendor_order_sent) . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'  and vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");  

still in catalog/checkout_process.php

add above line 435:

$status=$order->info['order_status'];

so it will look like this:

$status=$order->info['order_status'];
            if (isset($status)) {

this is mostly an insurance policy, making sure the "$status" gets set properly for the email

Then in catalog/admin/vendor_email_send.php line 245, change it to:

<tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('mail', FILENAME_VENDORS_EMAIL_SEND,' . '&vID=' . $vendors_id . '&oID=' . $oID . '&vOS=' . $vOS); ?>  

I was missing "&" in front of oID and URL was messed up.

I think that's it for now, thanks to Scott for finding these so quickly and letting me know.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Question guys -- re: RC4

In the upgrade instructions it says:

=====================

New Files to Install

=====================

In catalog/*

=============

catalog/includes/classes/xmldocument.php

In catalog/admin/*

===================

catalog/admin/vendors.phpadmin/orders_by_vendor.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpadmin/packaging.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpadmin/vendor_email_send.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpadmin/includes/classes/xmldocument.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpadmin/includes/languages/english/orders_by_vendor.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpadmin/includes/languages/english/packaging.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpadmin/includes/languages/english/vendor_email_send.php

--------------------------------

But in the Admin_install.txt file, there is no mention of the directory "/catalog/admin/vendors.phpadmin/"

Is this supposed to be a new directory under the /catalog/admin/ directory ? Is this new since RC3 ??

Thanks for clarifying this.

Jeff.

Another typo I think in the RC4_mvs_update-instructions.txt file:

This line:

Files to Overwrite

===================

In catalog/*

=============

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/vendor_order_data.php

Should be:

Files to Overwrite

===================

In catalog/*

=============

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/vendor_order_info.php ??

Thx.

Jeff.

Actually, this whole section doesn't make sense -- both sections are referring to "/catalog/admin/" -- why different sections ?

Files to Overwrite

===================

In catalog/*

=============

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/classes/vendor_shipping.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/flat.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/item.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/table.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/ups.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php

In catalog/admin/*

===================

catalog/admin/prods_by_vendor.php

catalog/admin/vendor_order_info.php

catalog/admin/vendors.php

catalog/admin/includes/boxes/vendors.php

catalog/admin/includes/classes/vendor_order_data.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/prods_by_vendor.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/vendors.php

Again -- is that /catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/ directory a mistake ?

I'm a little confused. Thx.

Jeff.

Edited by jefff

Actually, this whole section doesn't make sense --  both sections are referring to "/catalog/admin/"  --  why different sections ?   

Files to Overwrite

===================

In catalog/*

=============

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/classes/vendor_shipping.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/flat.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/item.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/table.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/ups.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php

catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php

In catalog/admin/*

===================

Again -- is that /catalog/admin/vendors.phpincludes/  directory a mistake ?

I'm a little confused.  Thx.

Jeff.

It doesn't make sense does it?

It should be:

=====================

New Files to Install

=====================

In catalog/*

=============

catalog/includes/classes/xmldocument.php

In catalog/admin/*

===================

catalog/admin/orders_by_vendor.php

catalog/admin/packaging.php

catalog/admin/vendor_email_send.php

catalog/admin/includes/classes/xmldocument.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/orders_by_vendor.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/packaging.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/vendor_email_send.php

================

================

===============

File to Remove

===============

In catalog/admin/*

===================

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/vendor_configuration.php

================

================

Files to Overwrite

===================

In catalog/*

=============

catalog/includes/vendor_order_data.php

catalog/includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php

catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php

catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/flat.php

catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/item.php

catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/table.php

catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/ups.php

catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php

catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php

Not sure how I missed that when I checked through it, LOL. Sorry folks!

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!