• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Hi,

Great contribution, this is an excellent piece of work. I have installed this contribution on my test server and it is running great.

I have also installed Multi Admins with Levels, what I am going to attempt to do is allow the vendor to log into the admin and view only thier part of a customers order, this will allow my vendors to send an email to my customers as to when the item was despatched and print off my packing slip to send with the item.

I have searched the contributions trying to find something that does what I want but have been unable to, which is why I am now going down the route of modifying the Multi Vendor Shipping with the Multi Admins with levels. But before I start work I thought I should ask the experts if there is already a contrib. that does what I am after.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this off topic post.

I have not done anything with this type of functionality yet but there have been many requests for things of this sort, if you get things working reliably, please share, we would all appreciate the added feature.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Great!

All seems well so far on a stock intall... I did install once on a copy of my site and had so many errors I didn't even want to post them. So, I'll pay a little more attention this time around. As far as the instructions, they are very well written, however, there was one script that had to be modified and there were multiple scripts like it on the same page.

I just wanted to mention that for anyone looking to install on a modded site, I just didn't take my time initially. We'll see...

THANKS

rudy

In catalog/includes/vendor_order_data.php line 85

$products_ordered .=  "\n\t"  . 'Tax ' . tep_display_tax_value($this->products[$l]['orders_products'][$i]['tax']) . '%  ' . "\n\t"  .

There was a period right AFTER the "=" sign, bad thing. If you are still getting the "modify header" warning, remove ALL text that is commented out, this block:

/* MVS
    $Id: vendor_order_data.php
By Craig Garrison Sr. ([email protected]) for Multi-Vendor Shipping
     osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2005 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
 */

Some servers have been ignoring the comments and causing this problem. Try those things and see if that fixes your problems.

Let us know how it goes, Craig :)

I just wanted to mention that for anyone looking to install on a modded site,  I just didn't take my time initially.  We'll see...

THANKS

rudy

Good advice. My two test stores and my live sight are VERY heavily modded, starting with Linda McGrath's "Shop Enhancement Controller" (OSC 2.2MS2_SECv2CCVG) and adding 30 to 40 other contribs and a few minor mods of my own, and Multi Vendor Shipping works great on all 3. Just be patient, plan to spend some time on it and get a good diff tool, on linux I use Kdiff3, and try not to get too frustrated.

Thanks again Craig and Jim for the excelent job.

Rick Knight

I have not done anything with this type of functionality yet but there have been many requests for things of this sort, if you get things working reliably, please share, we would all appreciate the added feature.

I am interested in installing multi-vendor shipping. Where do I obtain this contribution and how do I install it? I am new at this, so be gentle. Thanks

I am interested in installing multi-vendor shipping.  Where do I obtain this contribution and how do I install it?  I am new at this, so be gentle.  Thanks

There is a link to the contibution download site in my signature, as you can see from the above posts, just take your time, and pay close attention. A quality diff tool is also VERY useful, a link to a very powerful and FREE one for Windows is in the distribution.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

There is a link to the contibution download site in my signature, as you can see from the above posts, just take your time, and pay close attention. A quality diff tool is also VERY useful, a link to a very powerful and FREE one for Windows is in the distribution.

Thanks Craig, is there any team member at oscommerce that can download/upgrade contributions to my site? It will take forever for me to do on my computer because where I live I can only get dial-up. I can't use the computers at work because I will get in trouble. The woman who designed my site is not helpful at all as she will not return my emails for support. I appreciate your response and look forward to hearing from you.

Becky

Thanks Craig,  is there any team member at oscommerce that can download/upgrade contributions to my site?  It will take forever for me to do on my computer because where I live I can only get dial-up.  I can't use the computers at work because I will get in trouble.  The woman who designed my site is not helpful at all as she will not return my emails for support.  I appreciate your response and look forward to hearing from you. 

Becky

There are many osCommerce developers who do this for a fee. I am one, though I am not an osCommerce team member. It is forum policy not to discuss "for fee" anything though. If you contact me via my website or PM, I will be happy to discuss this with you. There are also a lot of freelancers out there who regularly work with osCommerce, you can look around a bit if you like. Good luck no matter what you chose to do, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Okee Dokee,

Here's another one:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /var/www/store/checkout_shipping.php on line 543

Going back to that file, the line in question shows that there is nothing there.

I haven't come across this message in awhile.

Hmmm...

rudy

Ouch! I hate that error message. It means that you made an error somewhere above that line, but the parser can't figure out where. Check all of your changes to that file very carefully. If you're lucky it will be obvious.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Screenshot.png

I come as far as placing an order on the user end without generating an error, But on the admin side of things, the orders do not have all the information in the required fields.

My forehead is really starting to hurt from whacking my head on the desk. Mental stimulation I suppose.

Any thoughts of what might be the cause, I've tried replacing the orginal file and I creates a stock orders screen, the MVS orders script has all the correct figures but the product information is absent.

Goodnight!

Rudy

When editing your admin/includes/languages/english.php, the following scripts are not in the instructions which will leave you with the text in the parenthesis in the left column.

define('BOX_HEADING_VENDORS', 'Vendors');

define('BOX_VENDORS', 'Vendor Manager');

define('BOX_VENDORS_REPORTS_PROD', 'Product Reports');

They are in the included files.

Screenshot.png

I come as far as placing an order on the user end without generating an error, But on the admin side of things, the orders do not have all the information in the required fields.

My forehead is really starting to hurt from whacking my head on the desk.  Mental stimulation I suppose.

Any thoughts of what might be the cause, I've tried replacing the orginal file and I creates a stock orders screen, the MVS orders script has all the correct figures but the product information is absent.

Goodnight!

Rudy

This is most likely due to a missing block of code or error in or around that block that is preventing the data from being updated properly to the database. This information is populated from catalog/admin/vendor_order_info.php which uses catalog/admin/classes/vendor_order_data.php to call the information from the database. The database is populated from catalog/checkout_process.php, my guess is that you have missed something in checkout_process. Double check your edits and see if you find anything. Obviously the entire checkout is critical to the proper data being posted to the database, it must all be collected before it can go in, so with the error you were getting earlier, I expect that you missed something and covered what was missed in fixing the error, but still missing something.

I don't know if any of this helps or hurts, but good luck.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

When editing your admin/includes/languages/english.php, the following scripts are not in the instructions  which will leave you with the text in the parenthesis in the left column.

define('BOX_HEADING_VENDORS', 'Vendors');

define('BOX_VENDORS', 'Vendor Manager');

define('BOX_VENDORS_REPORTS_PROD', 'Product Reports');

They are in the included files.

I'll be sure to take care of this with the next release.

thanks for the report, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

What code does the orders.php use to reference the database for the product information?

The order is there in the database, but it won't pull the information to the orders.php page.

rudy

This is most likely due to a missing block of code or error in or around that block that is preventing the data from being updated properly to the database. This information is populated from catalog/admin/vendor_order_info.php which uses catalog/admin/classes/vendor_order_data.php to call the information from the database. The database is populated from catalog/checkout_process.php, my guess is that you have missed something in checkout_process. Double check your edits and see if you find anything. Obviously the entire checkout is critical to the proper data being posted to the database, it must all be collected before it can go in, so with the error you were getting earlier, I expect that you missed something and covered what was missed in fixing the error, but still missing something.

I don't know if any of this helps or hurts, but good luck.

What code does the orders.php use to reference the database for the product information?

The order is there in the database, but it won't pull the information to the orders.php page.

rudy

This information is populated from catalog/admin/vendor_order_info.php which uses catalog/admin/classes/vendor_order_data.php to call the information from the database.

catalog/admin/classes/vendor_order_data.php is called from catalog/admin/classes/order.php lines 80-88. Check that one, sounds like your getting the data to the database(the new table, ORDERS_SHIPPING is also needed) so this is probably what's missing or messing up.

Keep at it, you'll find it.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Ok, I'm still plugin away... Different errors every time I reinstall indicate a user error. No errors this time around, yet... But, in the admin configuration (Shipping/Packaging) the line to enable MVS is not present. The admin/configuration.php file is not altered, so what file adds this code to the script. I'm just a little stumped on that one.

rudy

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Enable Vendor Shipping', 'SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING', 'false', 'Enable Multi-Vendor shipping-(true/false)', 7, 6, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

Run the SQL to insert into the database. The Configuration admin loads everything it finds in the Configuration database table.

Regards

Jim

There are many osCommerce developers who do this for a fee. I am one, though I am not an osCommerce team member. It is forum policy not to discuss "for fee" anything though. If you contact me via my website or PM, I will be happy to discuss this with you. There are also a lot of freelancers out there who regularly work with osCommerce, you can look around a bit if you like. Good luck no matter what you chose to do, Craig :)

Hello Craig, I would like to discuss this further with you. I actually have a couple of other details I would like to discuss with you. Can you send me your email address via this forum? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your help thus far.

Becky

Hello All!

I have a fetish for causing myself stress, here's a new one:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ups in /var/www/store/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/ups.php on line 22

All of the vendors shipping options populate this error.

Hello All!

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ups in /var/www/store/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/ups.php on line 22

That is a strange one since the class "ups" is only being declared once when one accesses a quote or the module configuration from the admin. It probably means that you have repeated something in one of the other files that are edited. At what point in the process does this error appear?

Double check your edits, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello All!

I had this same error when I installed the contrib. I'm not sure exactly how I fixed it but try removing and re-installing it from the Admin panel.

Matt Peace

I get this error right after I select a shipping option and click Continue -- I only have FedEX shipping enabled for the vendor:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for _setservice() in /usr/www/users/patriot/catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 284

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/patriot/catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php:284) in /usr/www/users/patriot/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Thanks -

Jeff.

Another problem -- when I go into the admin area, and then click "Manage" on a vendor, I get this error at the top of the page:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SORT_ORDER_5 in /usr/www/users/patriot/catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 97

However -- the entry is in the database -- here is the display of the record in the vendor_configuration table:

*************************** 66. row ***************************

vendor_configuration_id: 119

configuration_title: Sort Order

configuration_key: MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SORT_ORDER_5

configuration_value: 1

configuration_description: Sort order of display.

configuration_group_id: 6

sort_order: 24

last_modified: NULL

date_added: 2005-05-28 20:47:45

use_function: NULL

set_function: NULL

vendors_id: 5

Why can't it find this ??

Thx.

Jeff.

In includes/modules/vendors_shipping, change line 284 to this:

function _setService($service) {

The $vendors_id isn't needed there. For your other problem, make sure you have this code in admin/includes/application_top.php (line 69):

//MVS
// set the vendor shipping constants
 $vendor_configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION);
 while ($vendor_configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($vendor_configuration_query)) {
   define($vendor_configuration['cfgKey'], $vendor_configuration['cfgValue']);
 }
//MVS End

That code is what sets the constants from the information in the database.

Regards

Jim

In includes/modules/vendors_shipping, change line 284 to this:

function _setService($service) {

The $vendors_id isn't needed there.

Regards

Jim

Jim, Craig here, line 284 of what file? This isn't an error I'm aware of. I'm doing my best to keep up with the bugs for the next release but I'm stumped on this one.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!