• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I did just notice one thing with the UPS (XML) module, the shipping delay doesn't appear to have any effect on the dates displayed.

~James

I'll take a look James, thanks, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I did just notice one thing with the UPS (XML) module, the shipping delay doesn't appear to have any effect on the dates displayed.

~James

The fix, for some reason php is not liking the "if defined" statement. So to deal with this and the same results, in upsxml.php line 864:

if (defined(constant('SHIPPING_DAYS_DELAY_' . $vendors_id))) {
       $shipdate = date("Ymd", time()+(86400*constant('SHIPPING_DAYS_DELAY_' . $vendors_id)));
     } else {
       $shipdate = $this->today;
     }

change it to:

if (constant('SHIPPING_DAYS_DELAY_' . $vendors_id) > 0) {
       $shipdate = date("Ymd", time()+(86400*constant('SHIPPING_DAYS_DELAY_' . $vendors_id)));
     } else {
     }

And that should do it.

Craig :)

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

To fix the shipping delay bug, change this code in includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php (line 865):

if (defined(constant('SHIPPING_DAYS_DELAY_' . $vendors_id))) {
     } else {
     }

with this code:

$shipping_delay = constant('SHIPPING_DAYS_DELAY_' . $vendors_id);
     if (isset($shipping_delay)) {
       $shipdate = date("Ymd", time()+(86400*$shipping_delay));
     } else {
     }

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I have two classes of items that I ship - some are lightweight items that will fit in a polymailer and have no real tare weight, maybe one ounce. Some are bulkier items that require a cardboard box and packaging. These have a tare weight of about 1 pound.

If I use multi-vendor shipping, can I distinguish these two classes? What if someone purchases items from both classes, will they calculate as shipping separately? For instance, a single tee shirt can ship first class at just a few ounces. But if the customer orders a tee shirt and a pair of sneakers, the order will need to be in a box. Shipping separately will ultimately cost the customer more.

I have two classes of items that I ship - some are lightweight items that will fit in a polymailer and have no real tare weight, maybe one ounce.  Some are bulkier items that require a cardboard box and packaging.  These have a tare weight of about 1 pound. 

If I use multi-vendor shipping, can I distinguish these two classes?  What if someone purchases items from both classes, will they calculate as shipping separately?  For instance, a single tee shirt can ship first class at just a few ounces.  But if the customer orders a tee shirt and a pair of sneakers, the order will need to be in a box.  Shipping separately will ultimately cost the customer more.

This could be a bit tricky. What MVS would do with your situation is create "Vendors" (think of them as groups of products) and would enable you to charge seperate rates for each group you create. I'm not sure this would accurately solve your dilemma. You need something that can offer a per product fee structure to use as a tare weight. Your mixed product types will still ship from the same location so you don't need additional SHIPPING options, just additional FEE options to be added to the shipping. The "percent tare weight" may help you. I'm not personally very familiar with the theory, perhaps one of our other followers can offer some more help with this. Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I just uploaded the latest release candidate.

Version 0.9rc3

Many Bug Fixes, options added, overall updates, and now inclulding detailed instructions.

See the enclosed "readme" file for details, thanks for all the support,

Craig

BTW, it's on hold because it must be approved first, this thing has gotten out of hand, even without some extras that I added, it is getting rather large. As my partner Jim has commented several times, I feel a bit like Dr. Frankenstein! "IT LIVES!!!" LOL!

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

BTW, it's on hold because it must be approved first, this thing has gotten out of hand, even without some extras that I added, it is getting rather large. As my partner Jim has commented several times, I feel a bit like Dr. Frankenstein! "IT LIVES!!!" LOL!

Craig & Jim!

It lives quite nicely too! You two and the others who have been helping out are doing a Fantastic Job! Keep up the GREAT work!

I only wished I could do more to help you guys and if I can ever be of any help, please feel free to call on me.

Regards,

James

The osC guys haven't approved the latest release yet, but it is available for download at our SourceForge site: MVS at SF

This package has a number of bug fixes and updates as well as a few optional files.

Enjoy!

and thanks James.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

The osC guys haven't approved the latest release yet, but it is available for download at our SourceForge site: MVS at SF

This package has a number of bug fixes and updates as well as a few optional files.

Enjoy!

and thanks James.

I'm in the process of doing diffs on ym files and updating them with this new package from sourceforge.. The FedEx module now calculates taxes, but the UPS (XML) one still doesn't. When I did a diff on the one in the new package and the one I already had, I found no differences expect the cahnges I made to make shipping zones work (which still haven't been fixed in your latest release). I'm not sure about hte other shipping modules as I'm only currently using FedEx and UPS (XML) and haven't bothered updating the others just yet.

~James

Edited by Majiks

Now that I've updated everything (with exception of the unused shipping modules), I'm now getting the following error when I try to view who's online:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /.../store/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 107

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /.../store/admin/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 277

~James

__EDIT__

Now I appear to only be getting this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /.../store/admin/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 277
Edited by Majiks

Only get those messages if someone has something in their shopping cart, if not, no errors. Never got any errors before updating MVS, but the shopping cart part of who's online was always empty/blank before too though. :S

~James

Ok James, thanks for the feedback.

The "whos online" error is not showing on any of my test installs. Line 277 in includes/classes/shopping_cart.php in the package is a commented line, so check your edits to see what line that is for you.

The zones problem is my error, I forgot to update that part. I will take car of that.

The taxes is also mine, change

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {
               $this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
           }

to this

if ($this->tax_class($vendors_id) > 0) {
          $this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class($vendors_id), $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
          }

This will be updated with the next release.

Sorry James, good job, the zones thing is just that I don't use them so didn't test them, I have to change that.

Not sure how I messed up the taxes thing, should be the exact line of code in ALL modules, so if anyone has any trouble with this issue, check for that line.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Ok James, thanks for the feedback.

The "whos online" error is not showing on any of my test installs. Line 277 in includes/classes/shopping_cart.php in the package is a commented line, so check your edits to see what line that is for you.

The zones problem is my error, I forgot to update that part. I will take car of that.

The taxes is also mine, change

This will be updated with the next release.

Sorry James, good job, the zones thing is just that I don't use them so didn't test them, I have to change that.

Not sure how I messed up the taxes thing, should be the exact line of code in ALL modules, so if anyone has any trouble with this issue, check for that line.

Thanks Craig,

That seems to have fixed the tax problems. I haven't had a chance to take a deeper look at the who's online problem yet as we'd just received a couple rather large orders and have been working to get them out and get all of our computer stuff in the dBase.

You're doing an excellent job with this and it's a very worthwhile contribution to osC. Is there somewhere I can make a donation for this contribution? ;) MVS is making things a whole hell of a lot easier for me. :D

One more thing, I took a brief look at the SQL files in the newest release.. Was the only database change I needed to make to upgrade the addition of the "shipping_tax" field? That's all I've done with the database.

~James

Thanks Craig,

That seems to have fixed the tax problems.  I haven't had a chance to take a deeper look at the who's online problem yet as we'd just received a couple rather large orders and have been working to get them out and get all of our computer stuff in the dBase.

You're doing an excellent job with this and it's a very worthwhile contribution to osC.  Is there somewhere I can make a donation for this contribution? ;)  MVS is making things a whole hell of a lot easier for me. :D

One more thing, I took a brief look at the SQL files in the newest release..  Was the only database change I needed to make to upgrade the addition of the "shipping_tax" field?  That's all I've done with the database.

~James

That is probably the only sql change you need to make. This release increases the decimal fields length, changes the table "vendor_configuration->configuration_value and set_function to "text" from "varchar" as the varchar was too small too hold all the data for UPSXML. You should have all the other minor updates already. I also have all the modules updated for zones to work now, so the next release will have that up and running. I just now finally got my registration numbers for USPS so I will be able to work through that module now and make sure that one is functional. I also realise that the "sort order" is still not working, I'm not sure how big a deal this will be for anyone, but I am going to try to get that working as well, I want this thing to be as complete as possible before the next release which Jim and I expect to be our first FULL release.

Jim and I have seperate ways to receive donations: I use PayPal, my id is in the "readme" and I have a donate link on the test site, Jim uses an Amazon account, and his link is also in the "readme" and on the test site.

And we both thank you for all your input and help James, without a couple of people like you and Rick, this could have taken a lot longer to get through, you have been a great help, thanks.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

you guys are simply awesome. this contribution means a lot to me. i installed it and so far i haven't found any problem. i had a little bit of trouble adding the additional dimension module, but i figured it out. thanksss a whole bunch!

i have a small question. should i be concerned about the tax problem mentioned above? i couldn't find that code in any of the files. i haven't openned my site for business yet, just making sure if everything is alright.

thanks again to craig, james and jim, and everyone who contributed to this great project.

-shami

If you don't charge tax on shipping, then you shouldn't worry about the tax bug. If you do need to charge tax on shipping, then make the change in Craig's post above to each of the shipping modules in includes/modules/vendor_shipping/.

Please remember that this is still beta code. We are very close to a final release, but there could still be bugs. Test everything three times. Get your friends to help test. Then it might be ok.

Regards

Jim

Hello Jim & Craig,

I'm working on instructions for the new update and I have a question about the catalog/checkput_confirmation.php file... I couldn't find any changes! :'( If one of you can look into this I'll be done with them. :D

I added a Update.txt file to the package and also need to get one of you two to look thru all of them to make sure I got the info correct. I'll PM both of you to let you know where to download them.

In the future if you'll shoot me a copy, I'll gladly update the instructions so when you include them in a release they won't be for a earlier version to avoid filling up the forum and avoid some confusion for some folks. :P

Regards,

James

Well it seems I broke it.... I've went over this 3 times now, here's what I get:

Warning: Division by zero in /includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 93

Warning: Division by zero in includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 94

Also the UPS says: We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping.

Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown.

Any Ideas?

James

Hello Jim & Craig,

I'm working on instructions for the new update and I have a question about the catalog/checkput_confirmation.php file... I couldn't find any changes!  :'(  If one of you can look into this I'll be done with them.  :D

I added a Update.txt file to the package and also need to get one of you two to look thru all of them to make sure I got the info correct. I'll PM both of you to let you know where to download them.

In the future if you'll shoot me a copy, I'll gladly update the instructions so when you include them in a release they won't be for a earlier version to avoid filling up the forum and avoid some confusion for some folks.  :P

Regards,

James

I don't remember offhand if there were changes in that particular file or not, but I just used WinMerge to do a diff on all of the files and made changes as needed. There were some files that didn't need to be changed updated, just don't remember exactly which ones off the top of my head.

~James

Well it seems I broke it.... I've went over this 3 times now, here's what I get:

Warning: Division by zero in /includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 93

Warning: Division by zero in includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 94

Also the UPS says: We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping.

Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown.

Any Ideas?

James

I've just started getting unknown errors from UPS a cuple days ago. My other modules are still working, but UPS has stopped retuning rates (just that an unknown error's occurred). I've just changed Web hosts though, so that may be why UPS isn't working now for me. I don't know why though as no changes have been made to the module or the database. :S

Oh well, not too worried about it at the moment. Will take a look through the week to see what I can find, but FedEx is cheaper for domestic shipments anywhow. I only offered UPS because they're Worldwide Expedited service was cheaper than FedEx's Express International methods. I only offer FedEx Ground for shipments over a minimum amount as we shoulder the customs/brokerage fees on international ground shipments.

Anyhow, as for the division by zero error.. I don't have access to our server from where I am now, but would guess you've made an error somewhere along the way while upgrading. Double check all of your changes made. What are those lines being referenced in the class file and the lines before and after (lines 91-96)?

~James

jsm: Those lines are just HTML in my file. Maybe you could just upload the latest version of that file. If the error still happens, please ask again.

Everybody: UPS has a lot of ways of failing, and they all seem to produce that "unknown" error. It's shown when UPS refuses to return a machine-readable response. To get a better idea of what's happening, uncomment lines 334-336:

/*
   mail('[email protected]','UPS response',$body,'From: <[email protected]>');
*/

and put your email address in the two locations shown. If you don't get anything at all, your host may have blocked the httpClient functions that are required to retrieve a quote. If that happens, you may be able to use the UPSXML module, since it has a couple of different ways of getting the quote.

Regards

Jim

Everybody: UPS has a lot of ways of failing, and they all seem to produce that "unknown" error. It's shown when UPS refuses to return a machine-readable response. To get a better idea of what's happening, uncomment lines 334-336:

/*
? ?mail('[email protected]','UPS response',$body,'From: <[email protected]>');
*/

and put your email address in the two locations shown. If you don't get anything at all, your host may have blocked the httpClient functions that are required to retrieve a quote. If that happens, you may be able to use the UPSXML module, since it has a couple of different ways of getting the quote.

Regards

Jim

Here's the error displayed on the shipping page:

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact Majik's eStore via Email.

I don't see that line in the XML module. UPS (XML) is the one I was using since I'm in Canada. I've tried removing and installing the module again.

~James

Sorry, I forgot that you were using the XML version. For that, uncomment line 52:

$this->logfile = '/var/www/html/3/vendor-files/upsxml.log';

Change the location string to whatever works for you and create a blank log file at the given location, then try to get a quote. The log file will contain the request sent to UPS and the response received (along with some other useful information.) If you have problems with figuring out the results, post the log file here and we'll take a look.

Regards

Jim

Sorry, I forgot that you were using the XML version. For that, uncomment line 52:

? ? $this->logfile = '/var/www/html/3/vendor-files/upsxml.log';

Change the location string to whatever works for you and create a blank log file at the given location, then try to get a quote. The log file will contain the request sent to UPS and the response received (along with some other useful information.) If you have problems with figuring out the results, post the log file here and we'll take a look.

Regards

Jim

There's a few different entries in there for the single item I tested it with. The same error was given throughout though:

Error from cURL: Error [60]: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK

Here's the contents of the file:

------------------------------------------

DATE AND TIME: 2005-05-08 18:22:29

UPS URL: https://wwwcie.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/TimeInTransit

UPS REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<AccessLicenseNumber>A1B2C3F4G5H6J7K8</AccessLicenseNumber>

<UserId>A1B2C3</UserId>

<Password>A1B2C3D4E5</Password>

</AccessRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<TimeInTransitRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Time in Transit</CustomerContext>

<XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>TimeInTransit</RequestAction>

</Request>

<TransitFrom>

<AddressArtifactFormat>

<PoliticalDivision2>Mississauga</PoliticalDivision2>

<PoliticalDivision1>ON</PoliticalDivision1>

<CountryCode>CA</CountryCode>

<PostcodePrimaryLow>L4W1S5</PostcodePrimaryLow>

</AddressArtifactFormat>

</TransitFrom>

<TransitTo>

<AddressArtifactFormat>

<PoliticalDivision2>Thunder Bay</PoliticalDivision2>

<PostcodePrimaryLow>P7B3E4</PostcodePrimaryLow>

<PostcodePrimaryHigh>P7B3E4</PostcodePrimaryHigh>

</AddressArtifactFormat>

</TransitTo>

<PickupDate>20050509</PickupDate>

<ShipmentWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>10</Weight>

</ShipmentWeight>

<InvoiceLineTotal>

<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>

<MonetaryValue>100</MonetaryValue>

</InvoiceLineTotal>

</TimeInTransitRequest>

Error from cURL: Error [60]: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK

UPS RESPONSE:

Time in Transit: 0

DATE AND TIME: 2005-05-08 18:22:31

UPS URL: https://wwwcie.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate

<UserId>A1B2C3</UserId>

</AccessRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>

<RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>

</Request>

<PickupType>

<Code>01</Code>

</PickupType>

<Shipment>

<Shipper>

<Address>

<City>Mississauga</City>

<StateProvinceCode>ON</StateProvinceCode>

<PostalCode>L4W1S5</PostalCode>

</Address>

</Shipper>

<ShipTo>

<Address>

<City>Thunder Bay</City>

<PostalCode>P7B3E4</PostalCode>

<ResidentialAddressIndicator/>

</Address>

</ShipTo>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>02</Code>

</PackagingType>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>1.1</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

</Package>

</Shipment>

<CustomerClassification>

<Code>01</Code>

</CustomerClassification>

</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

UPS RESPONSE:

DATE AND TIME: 2005-05-08 18:22:32

UPS URL: https://wwwcie.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/TimeInTransit

<UserId>A1B2C3</UserId>

</AccessRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<TimeInTransitRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Time in Transit</CustomerContext>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>TimeInTransit</RequestAction>

</Request>

<TransitFrom>

<AddressArtifactFormat>

<PoliticalDivision2>Mississauga</PoliticalDivision2>

<PostcodePrimaryLow>L4W1S5</PostcodePrimaryLow>

</AddressArtifactFormat>

</TransitFrom>

<TransitTo>

<AddressArtifactFormat>

<PoliticalDivision2>Thunder Bay</PoliticalDivision2>

<PostcodePrimaryLow>P7B3E4</PostcodePrimaryLow>

<PostcodePrimaryHigh>P7B3E4</PostcodePrimaryHigh>

</AddressArtifactFormat>

</TransitTo>

<PickupDate>20050509</PickupDate>

<ShipmentWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>10</Weight>

</ShipmentWeight>

<InvoiceLineTotal>

<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>

<MonetaryValue>100</MonetaryValue>

</InvoiceLineTotal>

</TimeInTransitRequest>

UPS RESPONSE:

Time in Transit: 0

DATE AND TIME: 2005-05-08 18:22:32

UPS URL: https://wwwcie.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate

<UserId>A1B2C3</UserId>

</AccessRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>

<RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>

</Request>

<PickupType>

<Code>01</Code>

</PickupType>

<Shipment>

<Shipper>

<Address>

<City>Mississauga</City>

<PostalCode>L4W1S5</PostalCode>

</Address>

</Shipper>

<ShipTo>

<Address>

<City>Thunder Bay</City>

<PostalCode>P7B3E4</PostalCode>

<ResidentialAddressIndicator/>

</Address>

</ShipTo>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>02</Code>

</PackagingType>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>1.1</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

</Package>

</Shipment>

<CustomerClassification>

<Code>01</Code>

</CustomerClassification>

</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

UPS RESPONSE:

~James