• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I jus tried to setup the FedEx module for one of my US suppliers and it keeps telling me the following:

No meter number was obtained, check configuration. Error F5A4 : Invalid Zip Code format.

The zip code is "33605". How many digits am I supposed to put for the zip code (i.e. 5, 9, or 11)? Do I put hypehens, space, or all numbers? When I logged into FedEx's Web site and checked their address it matched "33605-4001" as the zip code. I know some places now use 11 digits as well, the last 2 just being the last 2 numbers of the street address.

I've tried a few different combinations with no luck, just the same message repeatedly. What is the proper/valid format for US zip codes for this module? Perhaps one of you Americans can help me out here with this.

Thanks,

James

Edited by Majiks

Okay, I figured the problem.. Could you please look at fixing this as well. I'm not sure why it's even looking at the setting as addresses are individually specified in the vendors own module.

I had to change my stores shipping country to US in the configuration section of the store to get the zip code to be accepted for my US supplier, but then my Canadaian suppliers stopped calulating quotes giving the error I was getting for my US suppliers prior (just with a different error number):

No meter number was obtained, check configuration. Error 8020 : Invalid ZIP Code

How do I get quotes for US and Canadian suppliers both?

Edited by Majiks

Okay, I got it to work. Remember that line I'd asked you whether or not I needed to comment out or delete? Well, I commented it and now it works. I did a test order with items from both Canadian and US suppliers and it worked with no problems. Just need a fix for the boxes you're working on and I think it's good to go. :D

The line below is the one I commented in "includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php":

$countries_array = tep_get_countries(SHIPPING_ORIGIN_COUNTRY, true);

With that said, rather than jus tremoving it I think it should be moved a coupel lines down. With the changes you'd had me make, I had this:

if (isset($vendors_data['vendor_country']) && $vendors_data['vendor_country'] != '') {
      $countries_array = tep_get_countries($vendors_data['vendor_country'], true);
       $this->country = $countries_array['countries_iso_code_2'];
     } else {
       $this->country = STORE_ORIGIN_COUNTRY;
     }

But, that doesn't work as it's resetting the country after setting it to the vendor's country, so use this instead with that line in the else part:

if (isset($vendors_data['vendor_country']) && $vendors_data['vendor_country'] != '') {
      $countries_array = tep_get_countries($vendors_data['vendor_country'], true);
       $this->country = $countries_array['countries_iso_code_2'];
     } else {
       $this->country = STORE_ORIGIN_COUNTRY;
     }

~James

Edited by Majiks

You could even probably replace $this->country = STORE_ORIGIN_COUNTRY; in the else part with $this->country = $countries_array['countries_iso_code_2']; or even remove it from both parts and put it outside the entire IF statement since it would be used by both parts. Something like this:

? ? if (isset($vendors_data['vendor_country']) && $vendors_data['vendor_country'] != '') {
? ? ? $countries_array = tep_get_countries($vendors_data['vendor_country'], true);
? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ?$countries_array = tep_get_countries(SHIPPING_ORIGIN_COUNTRY, true);
? ? ?}
? ? ?$this->country = $countries_array['countries_iso_code_2'];

That's what I'm using now nd it's working fine. It will only use the store's coutnry postal/zip settings if nothing is set for the individual vendor. :) You said you'd get the boxes thing fixed tomorrow and hoefully I'll ahve a chance to start working on a Canada Post module for MVS this weekend. Then once the taxes are done, everything will be workign great! :)

~James

Edited by Majiks

Boy! You guys were busy! Sorry I was not around to help, been running like crazy.

A note on the Email portion: Looking at the entire code work for the email, I think our most secure and reliable method would be to use a link for the Vendor to click when the order has been received and filled will be the best way to go. This will be fairly easy to implement, and we can build in some code to prevent hacking and duplication, and then update the the db and show it in the "orders" view in the admin. I will be working on this after (hopefully) finding the tax bug this weekend. Jim and James, great work with the FedEx mod, I had a feeling something was still not quite right about that module, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Kymation,

I've just applied all of your changes to the Fedex1 module and now I get only a single rate back from Fedex. Before I applied the changes, I was getting a choice of several rates. The rate I do get back is or method "Home delivery (2 Days)" and it's the same cost as that method prior to your changes.

Thanks,

Rick Knight

Kymation,

I've just applied all of your changes to the Fedex1 module and now I get only a single rate back from Fedex. Before I applied the changes, I was getting a choice of several rates. The rate I do get back is or method "Home delivery (2 Days)" and it's the same cost as that method prior to your changes.

Thanks,

Rick Knight

I've got all the changes made in my fedex1.php file and it's working fine for me. You can test at my site if you like, just don't actually submit the order. If you want, I can e-mail you my "fedex1.php" file for you to just upload and try if you want. So you don't have to make all the individual changes. :)

I'm in Canada and ship worldwide. I have suppliers both in the US and Canada who ship everywhere since it's billed to my carrier account. The only problem I'm still having with MVS and shipping is the weight with multipler suppliers in one order and taxes on shipping.

All the shipping options available are properly displayed (with exception of the quantity/weight error) and in correct currencies for each supplier for me.

Edited by Majiks

I've got all the changes made in my fedex1.php file and it's working fine for me. You can test at my site if you like, just don't actually submit the order. If you want, I can e-mail you my "fedex1.php" file for you to just upload and try if you want. So you don't have to make all the individual changes. smile.gif
I just diff'd your fedex1.php against mine and found a couple of differences that may have been my problem. I say "may" because I just went to your store, created an account, put something in my cart and went to checkout. Everything seemed to work fine except when I got to Delivery Information, your Fedex module only gave one rate, Home Delivery (5 Days). That's the same thing I was getting on my site, which, by the way, now seems to be working and giving multiple rates. You can take a look at my store, I don't think we're supposed to post our store URLs here so I'll PM the address to you along with a product that uses Fedex shipping. If you have a chance, let me know how things work for you.

Thanks again,

Rick Knight

I just diff'd your fedex1.php against mine and found a couple of differences that may have been my problem. I say "may" because I just went to your store, created an account, put something in my cart and went to checkout. Everything seemed to work fine except when I got to Delivery Information, your Fedex module only gave one rate, Home Delivery (5 Days). That's the same thing I was getting on my site, which, by the way, now seems to be working and giving multiple rates. You can take a look at my store, I don't think we're supposed to post our store URLs here so I'll PM the address to you along with a product that uses Fedex shipping. If you have a chance, let me know how things work for you.

Thanks again,

Rick Knight

I just checked in my own store and created a test address for myself in Seattle, WA. For US-US it's only returning Home Delivery. For US-CA it's returning Ground, Intl. Economy, and Intl. Priority. For CA-CA it's returning Ground, 2 Day, Priority. For CA-US it's returning Ground, Intl. Economy, Intl. Priority.

~James

Edited by Majiks

I just made an account at your store and checked with both my CDN and a test US address in Seattle, WA. For my address I got Ground, Intl. Economy, and Intl. Priority. For the US address I got Home, Express Saver, 2 Day, Standard Overnight, Priority.

At my store though it only seems to be returning Hoem Delivery for US-US shipments. :S Is returning everything for CA-CA, CA-US, and US-CA.

~James

Edited by Majiks

FedEx and UPS restrict delivery options in some areas. To avoid this, you must be shipping to and from major metro areas. If it is still restricting the options when you are shipping to and from major cities then you have a bug in the code or a mis-configuration.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

FedEx and UPS restrict delivery options in some areas. To avoid this, you must be shipping to and from  major metro areas. If it is still restricting the options when you are shipping to and from major cities then you have a bug in the code or a mis-configuration.

Regards

Jim

The only US supplier I have setup at the moment for FedEx is shipping out of Tampa, FL and I used Seattle, WA as the shipping address.

~James

Hello Jim & Craig,

I'm trying to get the "add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2" mod to work with MVS. I've added the mod and it's returning the product quantity price just fine, but I'm having a problem with the quaitity weight being added to the cart.

I think my problem is in the catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php I've added the code into this file as instructed by the add-weight-to-product-attributes mod and I also realize that in the MVS mod also address "Add/subtract attributes prices (if any)" in the code below.

// attributes price
       if (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'])) {
         reset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']);
         while (list($option, $value) = each($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'])) {
//START: add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2
           $attribute_price_query = tep_db_query("select options_values_price, price_prefix, options_values_weight from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$prid . "' and options_id = '" . (int)$option . "' and options_values_id = '" . (int)$value . "'");
//END: add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2            
           $attribute_price = tep_db_fetch_array($attribute_price_query);
           if ($attribute_price['price_prefix'] == '+') {
             $this->total += $qty * tep_add_tax($attribute_price['options_values_price'], $products_tax);
           } else {
             $this->total -= $qty * tep_add_tax($attribute_price['options_values_price'], $products_tax);
           }
//START: add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2
           if(!empty($attribute_price['options_values_weight'])) {
          	 $this->weight += ($qty * $attribute_price['options_values_weight']);
           } //if(!empty($attribute_price['options_values_weight'])) {
//END: add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2
         }
       }
     }
   }

//////
//MVS Start
//  New method to provide cost, weight, quantity, and product IDs by vendor
//////
//Output array structure (example):
//shoppingcart Object
//(
//  [vendor_shipping] => array
//    (
//      [0] => array   //Number is the vendor_id
//        (
//          [weight] => 22.59
//          [cost] => 12.95
//          [qty] => 2
//          [products_id] => array
//            (
//              [0] => 12
//              [1] => 47
//            )
//        )
//      [12] => array
//        (
//          [weight] => 32.74
//          [cost] => 109.59
//          [qty] => 5
//          [products_id] => array
//            (
//              [0] => 2
//              [1] => 3
//              [2] => 37
//              [3] => 49
//            )
//        )
//    )
//)
   function vendor_shipping() {

if (!is_array($this->contents)) return 0;  //Cart is empty

$this->vendor_shipping = array();  //Initialize the output array
     reset($this->contents);            //  and reset the input array
     foreach ($this->contents as $products_id => $value) {  //$value is never used
       $quantity = $this->contents[$products_id]['qty'];

$products_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, 
                                              products_price, 
                                              products_tax_class_id, 
                                              products_weight, 
                                              vendors_id 
                                       from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " 
                                       where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'"
                                     );
       if ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {
         $products_price = $products['products_price'];
         $products_weight = $products['products_weight'];
         $vendors_id = ($products['vendors_id'] <= 0) ? 1 : $products['vendors_id']; 
         $products_tax = tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id']);

//Find special prices (if any)
         $specials_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price 
                                         from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " 
                                         where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' 
                                           and status = '1'"
                                       );
         if (tep_db_num_rows ($specials_query)) {
           $specials = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query);
           $products_price = $specials['specials_new_products_price'];
         }

//Add values to the output array
         $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['weight'] += ($quantity * $products_weight);
         $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'] += tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity;
         $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['qty'] += $quantity;
         $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['products_id'][] = $products_id; //There can be more than one product
       }

// Add/subtract attributes prices (if any)
         foreach ($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'] as $option => $value) {         
           $attribute_price_query = tep_db_query("select options_values_price, 
                                                         price_prefix 
                                                  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " 
                                                    and options_id = '" . (int)$option . "' 
                                                    and options_values_id = '" . (int)$value . "'"
                                                );
             $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'] += $qty * tep_add_tax($attribute_price['options_values_price'], $products_tax);
           } else {
             $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'] -= $qty * tep_add_tax($attribute_price['options_values_price'], $products_tax);
           }
         }
       }
     }

return $this->vendor_shipping;
   }
//MVS End

My attempt to do this in the MVS section is:

// Add/subtract attributes prices (if any)
         while (list($option, $value) = each($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'])) {
           $attribute_price_query = tep_db_query("select options_values_price, price_prefix, options_values_weight from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$prid . "' and options_id = '" . (int)$option . "' and options_values_id = '" . (int)$value . "'");
             $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'] += $qty * tep_add_tax($attribute_price['options_values_price'], $products_tax);
           } else {
             $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'] -= $qty * tep_add_tax($attribute_price['options_values_price'], $products_tax);
           //START: add-weight-to-product-attributes mod:
     }
           if(!empty($attribute_price['options_values_weight'])) {           	 
          	 $this->weight += ($qty * $attribute_price['options_values_weight']);
           } //END: if(!empty($attribute_price['options_values_weight'])) {                       
         }
       }
     }
   }

return $this->vendor_shipping;
   }
//MVS End

I know you guys are busy trying to get a final release, but maybe someone else can give me a hand with this.

James

A note on the tax issue:

I have been working on this and have realized a bit of a conundrum: in Virginia, shipping charges are only subject to tax when they are combined with handling charges. What this means is that it is possible that one shipping module may be taxable and another may not be, depending on any additional handling charges. What a pain in the @%#. In order to simplify this I have been simply charging tax on all my shipping costs. MVS will need to be set up this way as well, or we will be opening an entirely new can of worms that I am not prepared to deal with. Any one see any major problems with this?

James(jsm), I will take a look at that contribution as soon as I can, got many things moving atm, but I think that would be worthwhile having in MVS.

Also, James(majiks), can you send me your FedEx module? I'm having some strange results and want to see if it is my configuration or my FedEx module. I'm using a modified version of the one I included in the last package. You can send it to me email thru my profile. Thanks, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

James(jsm), I will take a look at that contribution as soon as I can, got many things moving atm, but I think that would be worthwhile having in MVS.

Also, James(majiks), can you send me your FedEx module? I'm having some strange results and want to see if it is my configuration or my FedEx module. I'm using a modified version of the one I included in the last package. You can send it to me email thru my profile. Thanks, Craig :)

I've just finished installing the attributes weight contrib to my store with MVS and it's woking alright as far as I can tell. :) I jsut used WinMerge to update the 3 files. I tested it with positive and negative weights. I'll e-mail you my fedex1.php in a few minutes.

~James

Edited by Majiks

I've just finished installing the attributes weight contrib to my store with MVS and it's woking alright as far as I can tell. :)? I jsut used WinMerge to update the 3 files.? I tested it with positive and negative weights.? I'll e-mail you my fedex1.php in a few minutes.

~James

Then again.. :( Gotta check somethign again. The proper weight shows for the attributes selected in the shopping cart, but the shipping page of the checkout only shows the base weight (not including extra attribute weight). Need to add support for attribute weight into "checkout_shipping.php" for the vendor section. I think that's the problem. Just need to edit it to include the attribute(s) weight in the total/shipping weight and we're set. :D Will have a look now.

~James

Edited by Majiks

Now if I can just get the forum to let me post this....

James (jsm): Yes, you will need to modify the code in the vendor_shipping method. First add the options_values_weight to the attributes query:

$attribute_price_query = tep_db_query("select options_values_price,
                                                        price_prefix, 
                                                        options_values_weight
                                                 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . "
                                                   and options_id = '" . (int)$option . "'
                                                   and options_values_id = '" . (int)$value . "'"
                                               );

Then add the weight in when the attribute is added:

$this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['weight'] += ($quantity * $attribute_price['options_values_weight']);
          } else {
             $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['weight'] -= ($quantity * $attribute_price['options_values_weight']);
          }

That's completely untested code, of course, so my fat fingers may have added some errors in. Please test thoroughly before using.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Now if I can just get the forum to let me post this....

James (jsm): Yes, you will need to modify the code in the vendor_shipping method. First add the options_values_weight to the attributes query:

? ? ? ? ? ?$attribute_price_query = tep_db_query("select options_values_price,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? price_prefix, 
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? options_values_weight
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . "
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?and options_id = '" . (int)$option . "'
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?and options_values_id = '" . (int)$value . "'"
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?);

Then add the weight in when the attribute is added:

? ? ? ? ? ?if ($attribute_price['price_prefix'] == '+') {
? ? ? ? ? ? $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'] += $qty * tep_add_tax($attribute_price['options_values_price'], $products_tax);
? ? ? ? ? ? ?$this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['weight'] += ($quantity * $attribute_price['options_values_weight']);
? ? ? ? ? } else {
? ? ? ? ? ? $this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'] -= $qty * tep_add_tax($attribute_price['options_values_price'], $products_tax);
? ? ? ? ? ? ?$this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['weight'] -= ($quantity * $attribute_price['options_values_weight']);
? ? ? ? ? }

That's completely untested code, of course, so my fat fingers may have added some errors in. Please test thoroughly before using.

Regards

Jim

You beat me to it, I was just looking at that chunk of code. ;p Will test it now.

You beat me to it, I was just looking at that chunk of code. ;p? Will test it now.

The only problem I see there is that you have the price prefix determine whther the attribute weight is added or subtracted. It has nothing to do with the attribute weight. Attribute weight is entered as a positive or negative value, at least how I understand it and how it's workign in my store (i.e. -0.5 to decrease by a half-pound or 0.5 to increase by a half-pound).

That way an attribute can have a price increase, but a weight decrease.. or a price decrease, but a weight increase. ;)

~James

Edited by Majiks

This is what I used and it works for positive and negative attribute weights:

Add:

? ? ? ? ? ?$this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['weight'] += ($quantity * $attribute_price['options_values_weight']);

Below:

? ? ? ? ? ?if ($attribute_price['price_prefix'] == '+') {
? ? ? ? ? ? ?$this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'] += $qty * tep_add_tax($attribute_price['options_values_price'], $products_tax);
? ? ? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ? ? ?$this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'] -= $qty * tep_add_tax($attribute_price['options_values_price'], $products_tax);
? ? ? ? ? ?}

Only need the line once since it's independent of the +/- prefix, so I put it after the IF statement.

~James

Edited by Majiks

Thanks Jim!

Tested and Working like a charm! :thumbsup:

The only problem I see there is that you have the price prefix determine whther the attribute weight is added or subtracted. It has nothing to do with the attribute weight. Attribute weight is entered as a positive or negative value, at least how I understand it and how it's workign in my store (i.e. -0.5 to decrease by a half-pound or 0.5 to increase by a half-pound).

That way an attribute can have a price increase, but a weight decrease.. or a price decrease, but a weight increase.

~James

All of my Items I'm using this for is price breaks for quantity orders, like a single peice or half case or case, so this works perfect for me. Saves me from having to list the same item 3 different times...lol

Thanks again Jim!

James

Edited by jsm

Oops. Cut-and-paste and forgot to make all the changes. Just make them both + and it should work.

I just noticed your followup post... I had it as you first posted it and was working fine, so I made the changes below, retested it, but seems to have no affect. Works either way. :huh:

$this->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['weight'] += ($quantity * $attribute_price['options_values_weight']);

Thanks Again,

James

Has anyone got a UPS module that will work with MVS and Canada? In other words, an XML version? I was looking at the "UPS XML Rates and Services" contriution, but don't ahve the time to try and modify it for MVS myself. I'm going to try Canada Post when I get the chance, but has anyone either got an XML UPS for MVS already or would be willing to try and modify "UPS XML Rates and Services" for MVS?

Thanks,

James

I've just finished installing the attributes weight contrib to my store with MVS and it's woking alright as far as I can tell. :)  I jsut used WinMerge to update the 3 files.  I tested it with positive and negative weights.  I'll e-mail you my fedex1.php in a few minutes.

~James

My email addy is in the readme.txt file as well, but use craig at blucollarsales dot com.

To both James', if you have the time, can you put your mods for the attributes weights con together as an optional add on? We need to be careful about building in too much with MVS as a standard install, but having as many optional addons as possible cannot be bad. Thanks guys, and keep it up, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!