• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

The Vendor email code is in admin/orders.php. And to start with the easy part, did you enable "send vendor emails" from the main Vendor page? If so, the next thing to check is the order status. This implementation sends the email to the Vendor when the order is updated to "processing" or what is status id number 2 in the db. If you look through the "admin/orders.php" file you will see the bulk of the code for the email at the top portion of the file, and then a little lowere, the "check status" block. This will be updated in future releases to be able to select which status to send the email, and to bypass this as well since many of the newer payment modules don't call the this page to update the status which prevents the check from running. You can see the thread on Vendors Auto Email for more on the email portion, instructions on using the email portion will also be included in the next release. There is a workaround posted there as well, if your status does not get updated from the "admin/orders.php" file. You can also download the Vendor email contrib to read the instructions and get specific instrucions on that part, a link to it is in my signature. Good luck and enjoy! Craig :)

OK -- thanks for the reply. I was assuming that as soon as the order was inserted, the e-mail would automatically go to the vendor (as I would want). Looks like I'll have to look into that workaround -- the store owner will not want to have to change the status in order to have the e-mail sent to the vendor for every order.

Craig,

I've added code to catalog/admin/vendors.php.

This just shows the selected vendros information so that I don't have to go into edit mode.

Just below this line (535)

echo " Vendor name: ". $vInfo->vendors_name ."<br>";

Add this

// 	 $contents[] = array('text' => tep_info_image . $vInfo->vendors_image . '<br>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_VENDORS_ID . ': <br><b>' . $vInfo->vendors_id . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_VENDORS_NAME . '<br><b>' . $vInfo->vendors_name . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . TEXT_VENDORS_CONTACT . ': <br><b>' . $vInfo->vendors_contact . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . TEXT_VENDORS_PHONE1 . '<br><b>' . $vInfo->vendors_phone1 . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . TEXT_VENDORS_EMAIL . '<br><b>' . $vInfo->vendors_email . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . TEXT_VENDORS_SEND_EMAIL . '<br><b>' . $vInfo->vendors_send_email . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . TEXT_VENDOR_STREET . '<br><b>' . $vInfo->vendor_street . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . TEXT_VENDOR_CITY . '<br><b>' . $vInfo->vendor_city . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . TEXT_VENDOR_STATE . '<br><b>' . $vInfo->vendor_state . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . TEXT_VENDORS_ZIPCODE . '<br><b>' . $vInfo->vendors_zipcode . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_VENDOR_COUNTRY . '<br><b>' . tep_get_country_name($vInfo->vendor_country) . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . TEXT_ACCOUNT_NUMBER . '<br><b>' . $vInfo->account_number . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . 'Vendors URL: '. '<br><b>' . $vInfo->vendors_url . '</b>');
	 $contents[] = array('text' =>  '<br>' . TEXT_ZONES. '<br><b>' . $vInfo->zones . '</b>');

Also, for anyone using the RMA Returns contribution, to make it work with MVS,

In catalog/includes/vendor_order_info.php on line 68 find

echo '          </tr>';

and add below

// RMA 2.4 added

// Don't show Return link if order is still pending or processing
// You can change this or comment it out as best fits your store configuration
if (($orders_status == '1') OR ($orders_status == '2') ) {
echo '<tr><td class="smallText" valign="center" colspan="9">' . $return_link = '' . '</td></tr>';
} else {
if ($order->products[$i]['return'] == '1') {
$rma_query_one = tep_db_query("SELECT returns_id FROM " . TABLE_RETURNS_PRODUCTS_DATA . " where products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "' and order_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . "'");
$rma_query = tep_db_fetch_array($rma_query_one);
$rma_number_query = tep_db_query("SELECT rma_value FROM " . TABLE_RETURNS . " where returns_id = '" . $rma_query['returns_id'] . "'");
$rma_result = tep_db_fetch_array($rma_number_query);

echo '<tr><td class="smallText" valign="center" colspan="9">' . $return_link = '<font color=cc0000><b>' . TEXT_RMA . ' # <a href="' . tep_href_link('returns_track.php', 'action=returns_show&rma=' . $rma_result['rma_value'], 'SSL') . '">' . $rma_result['rma_value'] . '</a></td></tr>';
} else {
echo '<tr><td class="smallText" valign="center" colspan="9">' . $return_link = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, 'order_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . '&products_id=' . ($order->products[$i]['id']), 'SSL') . '"><font color=cc0000><b>' . TEXT_RETURN_PRODUCT .'</a></b></font></td></tr>';
}
}
// EOADD RMA 2.4

This code is found in catalog/account_history_info.php and can be copied from there but some additional modifications are needed, mainly the http stuff and the "if" statement at the top of the code.

Thanks again,

Rick Knight

You know, I meant to ask - does this incorporate a tracking system for the user to track their shipment(s)?

Not yet, but that should not be a difficult install, I am running a verison on my store, and will probably include a version with a future release at some point.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi... I have a question about this contribution (or possibly a feature request :-" ) I had a look at the MVS demo site and it doesn't look like the module quite fits my situation.

I have a client that sells two categories of products; for example widgets and doodads. Widgets must be shipped via UPS. Doodads can either be shipped by Canada Post or UPS, at the customer's discretion (Canada Post is generally cheaper than UPS for shipping in Canada, so my client wants to make the option available).

The problem arises when a customer orders a widget and a doodad. The widget must be shipped via UPS, so it makes sense to include the doodad in the same shipment. I suppose the customer might want the doodad shipped separately via Canada Post, but it's not necessary and in most cases, much more expensive.

So... can MVS handle my situation? Right now I have Multi-Store, UPS XML, Canada Post and Age Verification installed, so I'm not keen on trying to get MVS working if it's not going to help me out :D

Looks like a nice contribution though!

John

The short answer is no. I don't think that it is possible to do exactly what you want. However, the difference may not be that significant. The difference in the UPS shipping calculation will depend on how the items are packed. If you put the widgets and the doodads together in one box, then the shipping cost will be slightly lower than it would be for two or more boxes. The dirrerence is mostly in the weight of the boxes and packing material. If your products are very light, the difference may be significant, otherwise it's probably not worth bothering with.

The other caveat is that UPS XML and Canada Post modules are not yet supported. Those modules need to be modified to work with MVS. It's not that hard to do the modifications, but we just haven't done those two yet.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You know, I meant to ask - does this incorporate a tracking system for the user to track their shipment(s)?

im in the same situation. one way i thought about handling it would be to provide a vendor login page and let the vendors update their status. then on a seperate page for the store owner, the orders can be listed along with the seperate vendor shipment status. also, on each row a hyperlink can popup a window with any special notes from each of the vendors.

ideas/comments welcome

The other caveat is that UPS XML and Canada Post modules are not yet supported. Those modules need to be modified to work with MVS. It's not that hard to do the modifications, but we just haven't done those two yet.

Ah, I didn't realize that was a requirement; saved me some work, anyway :P

blucollarguy - when u find time, can you give us a quick summary of what currently works and what needs more attention ?

I will try to do a bit tonight, been swamped with problems from so many other things it's not even funny. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I've just started using osCommerce at http://store.majiks.ca and rather like it. I've used different aid hosted solutions and even tried software (PC) based products. I think osCommerce is one of the better I've used.. and it's OS! :D

Now to the problem, I have drop-ship accounts with most of my suppliers (a few local, but only a few). I installed the newest of this contribution and it's workign great, except for one thing and I ahven't been able to get it working.. The shipping taxes.

Shipping taxes were being applied properly everytime before installing MVS, now the shipping taxes are applied if I use a method from the shipping module (outside of MVS), but taxes refuse to be applied when using shipping methods set within MVS.

I did a quick search here, but didn't come up with anything too useful. Maybe I missed a post somewhere, but nothing.

Thanks,

James

It's likely that nobody has tried that particular feature yet. Which shipping module(s) are you using? We'll run some tests.

Regards

Jim

It's likely that nobody has tried that particular feature yet. Which shipping module(s) are you using? We'll run some tests.

Regards

Jim

I'm using Zone Rates for all of my suppliers and in addition to that, I'd made a Local Pick-up based on the Flat Rate for my local suppliers. I'd asked my suppliers for their carrier account numbers so I could generate accurate shipping rates for my customers and have received them from one so far. So, I'll be setting up FedEx, USPS, and if I can get it to work Canada Post (since I'm in Canada this is a much needed one) as I get their account numbers.

This is gonna take forever, I've got like 10,000 - 13,000 items to put in my new storefront. As I said I'm moving from another place and decided to make use of this Web space I've been paying for for years and never used. Why the hell was I paying to have my store hosted elsewhere? Stupid! :blush:

Is there a contribution that is known and tested to work with MVS to allow different weights to be set for attributes/options? I'd seen there are some taht do this, but is there a particular one (or a couple) that are verified to work with MVS with no problems?

~James

Edited by Majiks

Shipping taxes were being applied properly everytime before installing MVS, now the shipping taxes are applied if I use a method from the shipping module (outside of MVS), but taxes refuse to be applied when using shipping methods set within MVS.

I hadn't checked this, and since I sell from a store located in a state that says shipping is taxable, I should have. Yes, taxes are not being applied to the MVS modules. Otherwise, this contribution works great. I've done some rate comparisons, and they match perfectly!

Now, where are taxes added? Checkout_shipping? I'll take a look around and see what I can find, but this is probably one for Craig and Jim.

Thanks,

Rick Knight

I will be looking into these couple of issues this weekend, I am still trying to put together a final release, so this is good, we need to find all the bugs before I get it done. Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

blucollarguy - im starting to experiment with rigging a perl script that will parse a mailbox for email replies from vendors, to allow OSC to update the status of orders involving multiple vendors. since im a newbie to perl, thsi will be a crash course in perl for me to. this way, a store owner can just simply view a single page and at a glance see which orders have had each vendor complete shipping.

in short, i think (as we talked about earlier) this might be the best way to handle keeping track of order status with regards to MVS, as opposed to requesting the vendors to update a page on the website. Of course the orders page will need to be modified or an alternate version built. It should show each vendor name(shortened maybe) and their status as regards the order.

blucollarguy - im starting to experiment with rigging a perl script that will parse a mailbox for email replies from vendors, to allow OSC to update the status of orders involving multiple vendors.  since im a newbie to perl, thsi will be a crash course in perl for me to.  this way, a store owner can just simply view a single page and at a glance see which orders have had each vendor complete shipping.

in short, i think (as we talked about earlier) this might be the best way to handle keeping track of order status with regards to MVS, as opposed to requesting the vendors to update a page on the website.  Of course the orders page will need to be modified or an alternate version built.  It should show each vendor name(shortened maybe) and their status as regards the order.

This sounds great. Would be an excellent compliment to this whole package. If you get the script to to do the check and update a field in the database, we can then check that field easily to update for the Vendor order. This exactly the type of thing I have been hoping for, as a community we can build a tremendous Vendor Management package that will have no rival among other shopping carts, even commercial versions. If you need any help let me know, no guarantees, but I may be able to help some, not with the perl end though, as I have ZERO experience with it.

Thanks, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Actually, a buddy just suggested what i think might be a better idea. An embedded link could be sent to each vendor and the parameters on the querystring could be used for the update information. i can see some possible problems with this approach though.

Some unscrupulous or (careless) vendor could change (accidental or on purpose) the querystring parameters and mess things up pretty bad, for example updating the wrong info. however, this might be not such a big deal, since the update would likely fail if the paramaters did not match a record in the database. also, updates could only be allowed from "pending" to "shipped" and not the reverse. also, you would want to log the ip address of the person making the request on the update url.

so which sounds better ?

- a perl script that runs on a schedule and updates shipment status

- a embeded url that the vendor is sent via email and clicks on which executes using the querystring parameters for its data to do the update

personally, im leaning toward an embeded url approach since it can be done with php (consistent with OSC) and results in more immediate updates.

The URL approach sounds like a good idea to me. For security, have the script that sends the URL generate a random string (say 15 to 20 characters) and use that as the parameter. Store that random string in the orders database at the same time. The script that is the URL's target can then match the string against the database and pick the correct order to update. If someone tries to fake the parameter, they're not likely to match a real order. The target page should give a thank-you message when the database is correctlyu updated, and an error if the parameter doesn't match. The error message can ask the vendor to contact the site owner directly to update the status.

Now I'm going to go see if I can find out where the tax on shipping is getting messed up.

Regards

Jim

I jsut opened accounts with FedEx, but when I enable the FedEx moduel in MVS I get the following errors:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_INSURE_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 299

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ACCOUNT_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 338

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ADDRESS_1_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 341

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ADDRESS_2_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 342

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ADDRESS_2_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 343

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_CITY_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 345

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_STATE_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 346

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_STATE_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 347

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_POSTAL_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 349

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_PHONE_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 351

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_DEBUG_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 353

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SERVER_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 308

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_CURL_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 313

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_CURL_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 329

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIMEOUT_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 329

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIMEOUT_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 329

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_DEBUG_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 355

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_INSURE_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 299

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ACCOUNT_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 338

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ADDRESS_1_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 341

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ADDRESS_2_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 342

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ADDRESS_2_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 343

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_CITY_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 345

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_STATE_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 346

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_STATE_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 347

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_POSTAL_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 349

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_PHONE_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 351

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_DEBUG_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 353

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SERVER_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 308

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_CURL_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 313

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_CURL_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 329

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_DEBUG_1 in /opening_path_removed/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php on line 355

The message displayed where the rates should be is:

No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down

I looked and '--with-curl' is listed in PHP Info. Additionally, it says:

curl

CURL support? enabled?

CURL Information? libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6g ipv6 zlib/1.2.1

If I enable FedEx in the standard shipping module area, nothing is displayed about FedEx anyhwhere on the shipping page of the checkout. Is it a problem on my end or FedEx's? How would I go about getting this working?

Thanks,

James

Edited by Majiks

The constant() errors indicate to me that the module is not being installed properly. Check your database to verify this: the constants listed should appear in the configuration_key field of the vendor_configuration table. If they are not exactly as shown in the error messages, that tells us where the problem is. I suspect that all of the rest of the errors stem from these.

Please let us know what you find.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

The constant() errors indicate to me that the module is not being installed properly. Check your database to verify this: the constants listed should appear in the  configuration_key field of the vendor_configuration table. If they are not exactly as shown in the error messages, that tells us where the problem is. I suspect that all of the rest of the errors stem from these.

Please let us know what you find.

Regards

Jim

I see the problem.. The "_1" at the end is the vendor ID correct? The vendor I'm testing this on is vendor #3 so in the dBase they all end in "_3" and not "_1". What needs to be changed to fix this?

Thanks again,

James