• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Do you have MVS turned on?

Do you have all of your products assigned to a vendor (Vendor #1 by default.)

Do you have at least one shipping module installed for each vendor?

Which version of MVS did yo install, and which version of osCommerce did you install it on?

Regards

Jim

Yes it is turned on.

Yes my products are assigned to the vendor. 

I have found that when I use the UPS XML module i get all kinds of error messages. When I use the FedX module I get the same error as above, unless I have another module installed such as the free shipping module or the per item module, but then I get an error message saying that the fedex method is obsolete and needs to be updated, so I am working on that.

I installed version MVS 1.3 and osCommerse V2.3.4

I really want to use the UPS XML but I just can't get it to work for nothing.

I found out how to add a new vendor.. the button says "insert" instead of "new Vendor". That works.

the message i get with FedX with the flat rate or free shipping modules installed is this: 

No meter number was obtained, check configuration. Error 0531 : FedEx Ship Manager API has been retired. Please use an alternate FedEx solution, or go to http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/migration.htmlfor more information.

Thank you

Bruce

Edited by brudan

UPSXML is currently working with MVS on several sites that I maintain. It's possible that you are running on a newer version of PHP and that is throwing errors. I'll try to help if you post the exact error messages here.

I don't currently have any FedEx accounts to test with, so I'm likely not going to be much help there. if you find a FedEx module that works, I can help convert it to MVS.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I appreciate that Jim. I got a phone call today and my mother passed away. I will be going home for a couple of weeks to be with family. I will resume messing with this at a later time.

Thank you for your help.

Bruce

@@brudan Sorry for your loss.

@@kymation

@@drillsar

Ref; Jim's post 4874

We've been running MVS 1.2.3_1 along with PayPal Standard on OSC2.2RC2 for a fair number of years. Before that we had Paypal IPN Shopping Cart.

I'm working on MVS for 2.3.4 Bootstrap and I did copy both Jim's http://kymation.com/pub/mvs_1.3.tar.gz(mixed with other stuff version)

and drillsar's MVS V1.3

neither of which is for BS but I did install and run successfully on a bare bones OSC2.3.4 without problems.

I noticed drillsar's link to his test site is BootStrapped and seems to be running MVS with shipping estimator & other stuff. Very cool!

Currently digging into /includes/modules/boxes/bm_shopping_cart.php ~what a joy!

I have MVS setup and it calculates everything correctly from a money standpoint. But when I go into Admin-> Orders, it shows Combined Shipping as the shipping method for all products in a single order. If I only have one product in the order, it will display the UPS shipping type correctly. But for a multi-item order where product is coming from multiple vendors, it shows combined shipping as the method for all items. So, as an admin, I have no way of knowing how to ship each piece.

I have searched for the past few days and haven't found a way to remedy this. Any assistance that you can provide is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Randy

For example, I have an order with 3 items from 2 different vendors. Each item was ordered with a different UPS shipping method. But in the attached screenshot of the order, they all show as combined shipping. But the dollar amount for the total combined shipping options is accurate. I don't know how to get them to show the UPS shipping method that they were ordered with instead of the combined shippingpost-335295-0-53388400-1429037512_thumb.png

Nevermind. Funny how I can never find the answer until I post the question on the board.

Thanks to drillsar for posting the bug fixes. The files from post #4864 and #4865 fixed it right up. Shipping methods are working and displaying correctly in the admin order page.

Thanks much,

Randy

post-335295-0-67054200-1429040583_thumb.png

I've been trying to get the products_ship_estimator to work in 234Bootstrap and all is well except the popup itself. The text on a small device is way too small. BS doesn't have the bxgallery, but I'm not sure how to reference this correctly. If I comment this whole section out and use my //require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php' (bottom of the following) it then shows almost perfect text for small devices.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>" />
<title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css" />
<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('header_tags'); ?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/bxGallery/jquery.bxGallery.1.1.min.js"></script>
</head>

<body>
<?php
//require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');
?>
<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

@@Tsimi

Thank you.

This looks like the answer. Works well on android and is a better looking popup anyway.

Only thing; it's not made for product_info, just shopping_cart. I'm going to try putting it on the product page as well as testing it with MVS

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396632-shipping-quote-in-cart-2334-support-thread/#entry1707594

@@motorcity  That code would require modification to work with MVS. It is a better way to do it than the popup that we currently have, but it's going to take some work.

Regards

Jim

@@motorcity  That code would require modification to work with MVS. It is a better way to do it than the popup that we currently have, but it's going to take some work.

Regards

Jim

I'm probably wrong, but the thinking is to keep most of the MVS code in place and just figure out how the new one is bootstrapping where the mvs one doesn't. Switch a bunch of <td class="infoBoxContents"> to stuff like <td class="col-xs-1" class="text-right" style="margin-left:5px;">

I'm either seeing this with rosey colored glasses, or they simply need a good cleaning.

That could work. Maybe.

The problem is that the MVS shipping estimator is a horrible mix of ancient osCommerce code cobbled together without much thought. And a really nasty PHP hack that's bound to stop working one of these days, when the PHP maintainers get their class implementation right.

One of the reasons that the whole mess works is that it's in a popup. Since popups are a special class of HTML page, it doesn't interfere with anything else in the store once the popup is closed. Include that code in a regular osC page, like the Cart or Product Info page, and the unintended code crossovers are likely to break the checkout process.

It would be safer to modify a shipping estimator that already works in an osC page. At least you won't have to worry about corrupting the Shipping class.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

To anyone following along now or later I suspect Jim already knew this, but my post 4910 above was misleading at best. Sorry! I ran out of time to edit the post, and what I said doesn't come close to fixing the estimator.

@@kymation

Jim, the code you gave out for checkout_shipping is fine on my android. I'm not sure how you feel about that file but it does share much of what the shipping estimator displays, already bootstrapped!

Wouldn't that be a good starting point, possibly combined or inspired by the html of Shipping Quote in Cart 2.3.3.4 that I linked to above?

As always, thanks for the honest answers and taking the time.

~motorcity

@@drillsar Are you still working on MVS bootstrap? I know you covered some of the same ground.

Edited by motorcity

If that code works, use it. Just note what I said about the PHP code behind that old shipping estimator.

I suspect that you would be better off starting with the Shipping Quote in Cart 2.3.3.4 and modify that.

Or, to do it right, pull the shipping info into the page itself with AJAX. That looks the best (to me anyway) and gets rid of popups and modals. Now if I just had the time to write that....

Regards

Jim

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I would like to inquire about the orders_by_vendor page please. Mine is blank even after replacing the original files with the ones from drillsar on posts #4864 and #4865. Can you please advise as to what the solution is for this? I am using OSCommerce 2.3.4 Responsive, with MVS 1.3. 

Thanks much,

Randy

A blank page indicates a fatal error in the PHP code. Turn on the error reporting in your application_top.php, or find out where your host puts their PHP error logs (and turn that on if necessary). Once you get an error message we can see about fixing the problem.

Regards

Jim

My apologies. I meant that the list where the orders should be is blank. I have the headings and drop down menus. And the page loads without any issue. I can click on the vendor drop down and select different vendors. I can also change the sort by status selection. But no orders ever populate below that no matter what I select.

Then I have no idea. You'll have to track the code back from the Orders list and see where it is not getting populated.

Regards

Jim

Thanks. Here is the section that I think is causing the trouble. There are commented statements that provide direction, but the lines that it says to modify either don't exist or cannot be found For example:

// comes here but status is blank echo 'in admin/orders by vendor php line 219 vendors id = ' . $vendors_id . ' and orders id = ' . $vendors_orders_data['orders_id']. ' and status = ' . $status;

But there is nothing in line 219 that matches that. Here is line 219:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_VENDORS_EMAIL_SEND, '&vID=' . $vendors_id . '&oID=' . $vendors_orders_data['orders_id'] . '&vOS=' . $vendors_orders_data['vendor_order_sent']) . '"><b>' . $vendors_orders_data['vendor_order_sent'] . '</a></b>'; ?></td>

And here are the sections that I am questioning. Can you please confirm that these look correct?

<?php
  if ($line_filter == 'asc') {
    if ($status > 0) {
?>
                <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo 'Change to <a href="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_ORDERS_VENDORS, '&vendors_id=' . $vendors_id . '&line=desc' . '&sent=' . $sent . '&status=' . $status) . '"><b>DESCENDING</a></b> order'; ?></td>
<?php
    } else {      
?>
                <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo 'Change to <a href="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_ORDERS_VENDORS, '&vendors_id=' . $vendors_id . '&line=desc' . '&sent=' . $sent) . '"><b>DESCENDING</a></b> order'; ?></td>
<?php
    } 
} else {
if (isset ($status) ) {
?>
<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo 'Change to <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_VENDORS, '&vendors_id=' . $vendors_id . '&line_filter=asc' . '&sent=' . $sent . '&status=' . $status) . '"><b>ASCENDING</a></b> order'; ?></td>
<?php
} else {

?>
<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo 'Change to <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_VENDORS, '&vendors_id=' . $vendors_id . '&line_filter=asc' . '&sent=' . $sent) . '"><b>ASCENDING</a></b> order'; ?></td>
<?php
}

}

$orders_statuses = array ();
  $orders_status_array = array ();
  $orders_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_id, orders_status_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " where language_id = '" . (int) $languages_id . "'");
  while ($orders_status = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_query)) {
    $orders_statuses[] = array ('id' => $orders_status['orders_status_id'],
                                'text' => $orders_status['orders_status_name']
    );
    $orders_status_array[$orders_status['orders_status_id']] = $orders_status['orders_status_name'];
  }
?>
                <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_form('status_report', FILENAME_ORDERS_VENDORS . '?&vendors_id=' . $vendors_id . '?&sent=' . $sent)  . HEADING_TITLE_STATUS        . ' '; ?><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('status', $orders_statuses, '','onChange="this.form.submit()";');?></form></td>
                </tr>
            </table>
          </tr>
          <tr>
            <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
              <tr>
                <td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                  <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
                    <td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_VENDOR; ?></td>
                    <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_ID; ?></td>
                    <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS; ?></td>
                    <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL; ?></td>
                    <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED; ?></td>
                    <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?></td>
                    <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_SENT; ?> </td>
                  </tr>
<?php
  $vend_query_raw = "select vendors_name as name from " . TABLE_VENDORS . " where vendors_id = '" . $vendors_id . "'";
  $vend_query = tep_db_query($vend_query_raw);
  $vendors = tep_db_fetch_array($vend_query);
?>
                  <tr class="dataTableRow">
                    <td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_VENDORS, '&vendors_id=' . $vendors_id . '&action=edit') . '" TARGET="_blank"><b>' . $vendors['name'] . '</a></b>'; ?></td>
                    <td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo ''; ?></td>
                    <td class="dataTableContent" align="right">Click To<br>Send Email</td>
                  </tr>
<?php
  if ($sent == 'yes') {
    $vendors_orders_data_query = tep_db_query ("select distinct orders_id, vendor_order_sent from " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " where vendors_id='" . $vendors_id . "' and vendor_order_sent='yes' group by orders_id " . $line_filter . "");
} elseif ($sent == 'no') {
$vendors_orders_data_query = tep_db_query ("select distinct orders_id, vendor_order_sent from " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " where vendors_id='" . $vendors_id . "' and vendor_order_sent='no' group by orders_id " . $line_filter . "");
} else {
$vendors_orders_data_query = tep_db_query ("select distinct orders_id, vendor_order_sent from " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " where vendors_id='" . $vendors_id . "' group by orders_id " . $line_filter . "");
// echo 'in admin/orders by vendor php line 224 line filter = ' . $line_filter . ' and orders id = ' . $vendors_orders_data['orders_id'];

}
while ($vendors_orders_data = tep_db_fetch_array ($vendors_orders_data_query)) {
if ($status > 0) {
// $status = '1';
$orders_query = tep_db_query ("select distinct o.customers_id, o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from (" . TABLE_ORDERS . " o) left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = '" . $status . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' and o.orders_id = '" . $vendors_orders_data['orders_id'] . "' order by o." . $sort_by_filter . " ASC");
// comes here but status is blank echo 'in admin/orders by vendor php line 219 vendors id = ' . $vendors_id . ' and orders id = ' . $vendors_orders_data['orders_id']. ' and status = ' . $status;

} else {
$orders_query = tep_db_query ("select distinct o.customers_id, o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from (" . TABLE_ORDERS . " o) left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' and o.orders_id = '" . $vendors_orders_data['orders_id'] . "' order by o." . $sort_by_filter . " ASC");
// echo 'in admin/orders by vendor php line 223 vendors id = ' . $vendors_id . ' and orders id = ' . $vendors_orders_data['orders_id'];

}
while ($vendors_orders = tep_db_fetch_array ($orders_query) ) {
// echo 'in admin/orders by vendor php line 227 vendors id = ' . $vendors_id . ' and orders id = ' . $vendors_orders_data['orders_id'];

$date_purchased = $vendors_orders['date_purchased'];

?>

Any assistance that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy

The comments are debug code. Try uncommenting the last two and see what you get.

Also, please paste code in a code block (use the <> button). I find this mess very hard to read.

Regards

Jim

Sorry about the <> code block button. I didn't know I needed to use that to post code.

Also uncommenting the last two yielded no change. Is there a working version of MVS that I can download where the orders_by_vendor page works? I have MVS 1.3 installed but am not sure if that is the most recent, or if it works in that version. It is the most recent that I could find.

Does your MVS orders by vendor work?

Thanks,

Randy

That page worked at one time, but I'm not sure if the current version works. I don't know of anybody using that page so I don't have one to reference.

You might try the change suggested in this post.

Regards

Jim

Thanks, Jim.

I have gone back and tried all of the orders_by_vendors.php files from every revision of MVS that I could find. (V1, V1.1, V1.2, V1.2.1, V1.2.2, V1.2.3, and V1.3). I can't find any that work and actually display the list of orders for the selected vendor. I have sent a PM to another user who claimed in an older post to have gotten it working and hope they can point me in the right direction. 

I appreciate your help and will continue to work on this. Thanks again. :)

Randy