• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Hi, I've been trying to MVS working for awhile now and keep running into issues. Currently I'm having an issue with the USPS shipping module. I set it up without MVS installed and it works fine. But when MVS is installed and I configure a vendor to use USPS I put my account information but when I test it by logging in and choosing a product to buy I get:

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I know my account information is right because it pulls the rates when I use the module without MVS. I'm running the oscommerce 2.2rc2a and MVS 1.2.3. I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Are your account settings exactly the same in the MVS module as they are in the stock module? Remember that some of the Vendor settings override those in the module.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I figured it out. Everything was fine except our products are pretty large and it was exceding the weight limit. I dropped the weight on the product I was testing and it worked. I guess we'll have to go with fedex and ups for most of our items. Thanks.

I have another question. I'm still very new to all this and I'm trying to learn but apparently its important to install an SEO contribution. I hear a good one is Ultimate SEO. Is this compatible with MVS or will some modifications be necessary. If its not compatible is there that is compatible that I can easily install. Any other contributions I should have? Any advice is much appreciated. Thank.

It is not important to install a URL rewriter. They have absolutely nothing to do with SEO. If you insist on installing one anyway, the only one that seems to work is Ultimate SEO UTLs 5 by FWR Media. I haven't actually used this myself, so I can't say whether modifications may be needed.

Regards

Jim

It is not important to install a URL rewriter. They have absolutely nothing to do with SEO. If you insist on installing one anyway, the only one that seems to work is Ultimate SEO UTLs 5 by FWR Media. I haven't actually used this myself, so I can't say whether modifications may be needed.

Regards

Jim

Ok, It seems I just need to do some more research and figure out exactly how all this works. I'm still not sure how best to get my site higher up on the search engines. Is that just a matter of writing good meta tags? I also need to do some research to figure out how to secure the site properly. Looks like I have a lot to learn. Can anyone link a few good posts that would get me going.

So far I've got the site up with a custom logo but not much else done to the design. I've added a vendor and some products, and I've got the USPS, UPS, and Fedex shipping rates working. So I guess the next step is to secure the site and market it right? Any thoughts?

First, read What to do before you get hacked. Don't do anything else until your site is secured.

SEO is mostly a matter of content and links. The meta Title is very important. So is page content, link text, and a bunch of internal HTML tags (h1, h2, h3, b, i, strong, alt, title, etc.) Having a lot of links to your product pages from good external sites is very important. Don't spend too much time on the Meta Description tag, and none at all on the Meta Keywords tag. That will get you started. Remember that building a good reputation on the Internet takes time, so don't expect results overnight for any of this.

Regards

Jim

Hi, I installed this contribution but I am having all sorts of problem.

first of all when I log in with my demo account on the website, white blank page comes up and page gets stuck there on loging process.

second problem: vendor shipping option is displayed but when I click continue button on checkout_shipping page again the white page comes and nothing happens. Seems liek its a problem with application_top.php file but I checked it many times and compared it with given application_top.php and everything seems correctly coded.

Please help as soon as possible.

You need to find out what errors are causing your problems. Look in your server's error logs (ask your host for help) or turn on all errors in application_top.php.

Regards

Jim

You need to find out what errors are causing your problems. Look in your server's error logs (ask your host for help) or turn on all errors in application_top.php.

Regards

Jim

The error is fixed now. I restored all the backup files and made the modification from beginning using the instruction.

Instruction was downloaded from the contribution page.

Thanks for your reply.

Hello Jim,

Hope you have a great summer :)

We (OUR COMPANY - SFSA Holding KB Ltd. - www.shop.svenskaflygplatser.com ) have installed the MVS and it looks good except a couple of things.

When we are within the admin pages for Vendors and at the "Vendors Products Report" we try to change the vendor using the drop-down menu for "Select Vendor".

But the only thing that happens is that the name in the menu changes, but the vendor remains in the vendors list with all products connected to that single vendor.

And if I check "Categories / Products" and click on one product I found the MVS-menu point "Products Vendors" without the possibility to choose the specific vendor for that specific product.

What went wrong do you think? :'(

Thanks in advance. :)

//Mr. Per M.Olsson

Ok, I'm a total noob...

I've installed MVS but when I go to add or modify a product I get:

1146 - Table 'arabyboo_wrd1.TABLE_VENDORS' doesn't exist

select vendors_id, vendors_name from TABLE_VENDORS order by vendors_name

I saw where this exact issue was breached before, but I really didn't understand the solution - the pertinent code wasn't included.

Do I need to amend a php file? If so, does anyone have specific instructions for that? Do I need to create a new table in phpMyAdmin?

I very much appreciate this - I'm hoping to fully launch my business soon and this shipping issue is the last piece of the back-end puzzle (I hope!)

Rock on, Hobie

Ok, I'm a total noob...

I've installed MVS but when I go to add or modify a product I get:

1146 - Table 'arabyboo_wrd1.TABLE_VENDORS' doesn't exist

select vendors_id, vendors_name from TABLE_VENDORS order by vendors_name

I saw where this exact issue was breached before, but I really didn't understand the solution - the pertinent code wasn't included.

Do I need to amend a php file? If so, does anyone have specific instructions for that? Do I need to create a new table in phpMyAdmin?

I very much appreciate this - I'm hoping to fully launch my business soon and this shipping issue is the last piece of the back-end puzzle (I hope!)

Rock on, Hobie

First of all check in your database if that table (TABLE_VENDORS) exists.

if it does exist then make sure you have defined that table in admin/includes/database_tables.php

Does anyone know if someone has successfully created royal mail UK shipping module work with this contribution.

I show the guide for creating custom module but it looks very competitive.

Anyone with help will be appreciated.

if it does exist then make sure you have defined that table in admin/includes/database_tables.php

Ok, TABLE_VENDORS does not exist - I do have a table named, "VENDORS" though.

How do I create this new table and what parameters do I use - again, I'm a noob, so dumbing down is NOT a bad thing ;-)

thanks a bunch!

Hobie

Hate the double reply, but I opened admin/includes/database_tables.php and found this:

//MVS start

define('TABLE_VENDORS', 'vendors');

define('TABLE_VENDORS_INFO', 'vendors_info');

define('TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION', 'vendor_configuration');

define('TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING', 'orders_shipping');

define('TABLE_PACKAGING', 'packaging');

//MVS end

I assume the "//MVS start" and "//MVS end" lines are comment lines, but I don't see why they're offsetting this set of database table names.

Thanks for the assistance!

Edited by Hobart

When we are within the admin pages for Vendors and at the "Vendors Products Report" we try to change the vendor using the drop-down menu for "Select Vendor".

But the only thing that happens is that the name in the menu changes, but the vendor remains in the vendors list with all products connected to that single vendor.

Are you using the latest version of MVS? What version of osCommerce, PHP, and MySQL are you using?

And if I check "Categories / Products" and click on one product I found the MVS-menu point "Products Vendors" without the possibility to choose the specific vendor for that specific product.

Do you have vendors set up? How many? The pulldown menu is populated from your database, so it should be correct.

Regards

Jim

Does anyone know if someone has successfully created royal mail UK shipping module work with this contribution.

I show the guide for creating custom module but it looks very competitive.

Anyone with help will be appreciated.

If anyone has done this they've kept it a secret. Looks like it's up to you.

Regards

Jim

Are you using the latest version of MVS? What version of osCommerce, PHP, and MySQL are you using?

Do you have vendors set up? How many? The pulldown menu is populated from your database, so it should be correct.

Regards

Jim

Hello Jim,

Yes I have 5 vendors set up.

Versions:

MVS: Yes, I downloaded the latest update from March 3, 2010 and installed most of it.

osCommerce: 2.2

PHP: 5.2.14

MySQL: 5.0.91

Regards, Per

Edited by pomarja

Hello Jim,

Versions:

MVS: Yes, I downloaded the latest update from March 3, 2010 and installed most of it.

Regards, Per

Hello again,

I got the pulldown menu to function on the product pages at the "Products Vendor" but the "Vendors Products Report" page still does not change either the vendors or products when I change the vendor of the pull-down menu.

Rgds, Per

Hi,

I am having new problem with catalogue/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

as soon as I put the modified shopping_cart.php on my server and put the item in shopping cart, the shopping cart only displays the price and no products. Then when I go to shipping page no shipping option is displayed. I also replaced the shopping+cart.php in includes/classes with the one supplied with the contribution but still the same problem.

I then replaced the shopping_cart.php with my back up file (without any modification) and everything works as normal while the multi vendor add-on is turned off but when it is turned on there is a error on line 15 of includes/modules/multi_vendors.php

line 15 is this:

$vendor_shipping = $cart->vendor_shipping();

please someone help.

Hello Jim,

Versions:

Regards, Per

osCommerce version 2.2 has never been released. See What version is my shop? MVS currently supports Version 2.2RC2a, and should work with versions as old as 2.2RC1.

The vendor product report page in the Admin requires Javascript. Check that you do not have Javascript blocked and that it is working in your browser. Otherwise, this page works on my test system, and I am running very similar versions of PHP and MySQL, so it should work on yours as well.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

I am having new problem with catalogue/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

as soon as I put the modified shopping_cart.php on my server and put the item in shopping cart, the shopping cart only displays the price and no products. Then when I go to shipping page no shipping option is displayed. I also replaced the shopping+cart.php in includes/classes with the one supplied with the contribution but still the same problem.

I then replaced the shopping_cart.php with my back up file (without any modification) and everything works as normal while the multi vendor add-on is turned off but when it is turned on there is a error on line 15 of includes/modules/multi_vendors.php

line 15 is this:

$vendor_shipping = $cart->vendor_shipping();

please someone help.

You have one or more errors in your modification of catalog/shopping_cart.php. Check your edits carefully. Note that MVS will not work with an unmodified copy of this file.

Regards

Jim

You have one or more errors in your modification of catalog/shopping_cart.php. Check your edits carefully. Note that MVS will not work with an unmodified copy of this file.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

This problem is now fixed.

I have another problem regarding the shipping. My shop is in UK and I am not finding any solution how to saprate shipping options fro Europe and other countries outside UK. Can I use ZONES if yes how?

Before I used to use royalmail contribution which lets you choose the country he specific shipping module works in. but with MVS it is not compatible, so I have decided to use table rates but it doesn't let you do what I want?

please someone help.

I tried to modify the royalmail contribution according to the mvs module guide but wasn't successful.