• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Was wondering if anyone is using order editor for mvs? I was thinking of installing it but its dated 2006. Is it still a working contrib for the latest version of mvs?

TIA

FWITW,

I installed the Order Editor package for MVS and it 'seems' to work fine. I uninstalled and installed Order editor 5.0.6.6, merging checkout_process with the MVS version. It also 'seems' to work as well.

Formatting of vendors email a bit messed up but I think I can deal with that.

Seems to need some <br> tags here and there.

Purely for the benefit of any future users of MVS that find the same formating issue with their vendor emails I offer the following solution.

Its not a bug at all, merely an over sight.

Turn on HTML emails in Configure>Email Options and its all good.

By default, this is turned off in a virgin osC install.

An easy thing to overlook but this may prevent another user scratching their heads wondering what they've done wrong.

How are people handling the status of an order?

Do you let the vendor change the status on oscomerce?, skip it entirely, or something ells?

Also, how about payment.

I would like the have a system like this: When an order is placed and paid: The vendor price of the item is sent to hom directly and the rest to me.

is this something anyone here has solved?

Hi when trying to use the HTML Vendors Email I get the following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/...../checkout_process.php on line 635

here is the surrounding code

/// END CUSTOMER RECEIPT IF OUTSIDE USA

} //while

tep_mail_vendor($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_VENDOR_ORDER_NUMBER . '' . $oID . substr($order_number, -1) . ' for ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_name'] . ' from ' . STORE_OWNER,  $email .  '<br />', STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 $vendor_order_sent = 'yes';

if ( $vendor_order_sent == 'yes') {
	tep_db_query ("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = 'yes' where orders_id = '" . (int) $oID . "'  and vendors_id = '" . (int) $vendors_id . "'");
  } else {
	tep_db_query ("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = 'no' where orders_id = '" . (int) $oID . "'  and vendors_id = '" . (int) $vendors_id . "'");
  }

if ($debug == 'yes') {
	   echo 'The email including headers: <br />Vendor Email Addy: ' . $the_email . '<br />Vendor Name: ' . $the_name . '<br />Vendor Contact: ' . $the_contact . '<br />--Body--<br />' . $email . '<br />';
	   }
 } // line 635

return true;
 } // line 638 //function
//MVS end

// lets start with the email confirmation

from what I can see using notepad2 none of } one line 635 or 638 is doing anything. But if i remove the } on line 635 it complains on line 638 instead. And if I remove the } on line 638 as well I get a blank page after confirming the order.

Oscommerce is 100% clean except MVS addon

Hi when trying to use the HTML Vendors Email I get the following error

here is the surrounding code

/// END CUSTOMER RECEIPT IF OUTSIDE USA

} //while

tep_mail_vendor($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_VENDOR_ORDER_NUMBER . '' . $oID . substr($order_number, -1) . ' for ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_name'] . ' from ' . STORE_OWNER,  $email .  '<br />', STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 $vendor_order_sent = 'yes';

if ( $vendor_order_sent == 'yes') {
	tep_db_query ("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = 'yes' where orders_id = '" . (int) $oID . "'  and vendors_id = '" . (int) $vendors_id . "'");
  } else {
	tep_db_query ("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = 'no' where orders_id = '" . (int) $oID . "'  and vendors_id = '" . (int) $vendors_id . "'");
  }

if ($debug == 'yes') {
	   echo 'The email including headers: <br />Vendor Email Addy: ' . $the_email . '<br />Vendor Name: ' . $the_name . '<br />Vendor Contact: ' . $the_contact . '<br />--Body--<br />' . $email . '<br />';
	   }
 } // line 635

return true;
 } // line 638 //function
//MVS end

// lets start with the email confirmation

from what I can see using notepad2 none of } one line 635 or 638 is doing anything. But if i remove the } on line 635 it complains on line 638 instead. And if I remove the } on line 638 as well I get a blank page after confirming the order.

Oscommerce is 100% clean except MVS addon

sorry about that.

When I removed a bunch of my custom coding I forgot to remove an end }

remove the } from line 519

just above

/// END DROPSHIP ORDER

let me know if that fixes the problem

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

sorry about that.

When I removed a bunch of my custom coding I forgot to remove an end }

remove the } from line 519

just above

/// END DROPSHIP ORDER

let me know if that fixes the problem

1 more fix

you also have to remove the } from line 459

before

$printinfo = '<br /><br /><b><i>NOTE: Print page 2 only if you just want to print the packing slip.</i></b>';
}
$email=  '<html><head><title></title></head><body><table><tr><td>' . $trackcomments . $printinfo . $custinvoiceinfo . '</td></tr></table></body></html>';

after

$printinfo = '<br /><br /><b><i>NOTE: Print page 2 only if you just want to print the packing slip.</i></b>';

$email=  '<html><head><title></title></head><body><table><tr><td>' . $trackcomments . $printinfo . $custinvoiceinfo . '</td></tr></table></body></html>';

let me know if that fixes it

Jim Bullen - President

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

Now it process the order again. But no nicely formatted email. Just a plain text email that has no spaces or line breaks.

Will see later toady i I missed something in the other file I was supposed to edit.

When I go to the Send Vendor Email page for an order it is blank. I assume the nicely formatted email is supposed to be here.

If I try to send an email here I oscomerce gives me an error message on top saying: adress

Now it process the order again. But no nicely formatted email. Just a plain text email that has no spaces or line breaks.

Will see later toady i I missed something in the other file I was supposed to edit.

When I go to the Send Vendor Email page for an order it is blank. I assume the nicely formatted email is supposed to be here.

If I try to send an email here I oscomerce gives me an error message on top saying: adress

Do you have your shop set up to send HTML emails?

go to admin, cofiguration, email options and make sure that

"Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails" is set to True

as for the Send Vendor Email page, this mod is not part of that.

It sends the vendor email when the order is placed online by the customer

Jim Bullen - President

A bit closer...

This is the mail the vendor gets:

osc.jpg

I dont know what is wrong but it does not look like yours.

that image is from the stock Vendor Email Send module and has nothing to do with the my mod

My mod sends the email out when the order is placed and will also send you a copy as if it was sent from the vendor.

be sure you have the following settings made

go to admin, vendors, vendor manager,

click on each vendor and be sure that Send Order Emails is checked

go to admin, configuration, email options and make sure that

"Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails" is set to True

go to admin, configuration, Shipping/Packaging, When to send the Vendor Email

and check either "Catalog" or "Both"

My Mod will NOT work if you have it set to send from "Admin" or "Not at all"

the whole point of my mod is to automate the order process as much as possible by sending the vendor the dropship order info and packing slip that they can print out

this is done when the order is placed by the customer and requires no additional work by the store owner

Edited by cigarsforless

Jim Bullen - President

go to admin, configuration, Shipping/Packaging, When to send the Vendor Email

and check either "Catalog" or "Both"

My Mod will NOT work if you have it set to send from "Admin" or "Not at all"

ahh forgot about the obove.

Fond another problem, that i fixed

If "delivery_telephone" is present at line 418

$delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, delivery_telephone, delivery_country from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id='" . $oID ."'");

This error will occur

1054 - Unknown column 'delivery_telephone' in 'field list'

select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, delivery_telephone, delivery_country from orders where orders_id='23'

[TEP STOP]

My solution to remove this variable maybe cause problems in the future, so a proper solution would be appreciated.

ahh forgot about the obove.

Fond another problem, that i fixed

If "delivery_telephone" is present at line 418

$delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, delivery_telephone, delivery_country from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id='" . $oID ."'");

This error will occur

1054 - Unknown column 'delivery_telephone' in 'field list'

select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, delivery_telephone, delivery_country from orders where orders_id='23'

[TEP STOP]

My solution to remove this variable maybe cause problems in the future, so a proper solution would be appreciated.

the delivery_telephone variable comes from another add-on

Address Book Enhancer

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1868

I use it because UPS (and other delivery companies) require a delivery phone number for all packages

You can also use this add-on

Add telephone number to shipping & delivery addresses

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5682

which is based on Address Book Enhancer but is easier to install (with a few less features)

My shop has at least 60 or more different add-on installed so it is sometimes hard to keep track of all the code changes

If you are not going to add the Address Book Enhancer add-on, deleting the variable as you have done is fine, but I recommend you add it unless you are only going to ship via the post office which does not reguire a customer phone number

Jim Bullen - President

Do you use a specific add-on so the customers gets a nicely formatted email aswell?

no, my customers get a plain text email

Jim Bullen - President

• 2 weeks later...

Sins this is regard to this contribution as well as Easy populate someone here might have had the same needs:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...amp;pid=1440670

The question in the above thread was:

Easy Populate & Products Attributes, Easypopulate support thread

Is possible to get "Vendors Price(Base)" and "Vendors Item Number" as an entry of the .CSV file if you have MVS add-on?

I have a question concerning the 'free' shipping module.

In the setup,

Enable Display

Do you want to display text way if the minimum amount is not reached?

True

False

Does this mean if a purchase is less than the minimum specified it will notify the customer with some text on the shipping page? If so, its not working.

TIA

Any ideas on why in the Vendor Order List it will not update that the email has been sent? It says "no" for "Email Sent?" even though the email was sent. It doesn't seem to update.

This appears to be a bug caused by newer versions of PHP.

It was originally reported in THIS POST and responded to in THIS POST.

This was all only a few weeks ago.

I'm sure in time a solutions will be found.

Any assistance towards this goal is always welcome.

I'm afraid my own skills don't stretch that far.

Being open source means inevitably, solutions are found, but often, patience is required.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there,

Currently I´m trying to install my webshop with the MVS-module. Everything works fine from installing to firing the sql file which is attached to the package.

BUT, if I try to push the manage "button"(which is no button at my admin panel) in my admin panel i get the following site including the following error codes:

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/bax.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/bax.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/colissimo.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/colissimo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/dhlairborne.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/dhlairborne.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/firstitemplus.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/firstitemplus.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/flat.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/flat.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/freeamount.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/freeamount.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/fxfreight.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/fxfreight.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/indvship.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/indvship.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/item.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/item.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/spu.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/spu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/table.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/table.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/tntzipzonesexpress.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/tntzipzonesexpress.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/tntzipzonesroad.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/tntzipzonesroad.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/ups.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/ups.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include(/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/zones.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/web236/html/catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/vendors_shipping/zones.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /var/www/web236/html/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 134

Can anybody help there?

I thought I had previously got this contribution to work but it seems that it will not work when PayPal is used.

I am using the stock PayPal Website Payments Standard and when a customer completes a purchase it will not show the order assigned to the specified vendor. It will not show the order assigned to any vendor for that matter.

OSC v2.2 RC2

Any ideas?

Paypal uses a modified processing page to enter the order data when it returns to osCommerce. This page replaces the normal catalog/checkout_process.php that normally does the order processing for MVS. You will need to make the changes to the Paypal page that you would normally make to catalog/checkout_process.php.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.