• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Been upgrading my store to RC2A as well as upgrading MVS 1.1 to 1.2.1.

Everything seems to work except the shipping estimator. If you are not logged in (as a customer), it works. If you're logged in, it doesn't an reports: Error: Product was not found. Please close this window and try again.

Also, in the usage.txt, I don't understand the last paragraph except for the zones:

1.14 The shipping estimator has several optional settings (See Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging.)

'Use Zones' should be set to true if you have any shipping modules set up to use Zones, otherwise it

should be false. The customer will be required to enter a State/Zone if Zones is turned on.

'Products ship estimator' can be used to turn off the shipping estimator button on

the Products Info page.

'Cart ship estimator' can be used to turn off the shipping estimator button on the Shopping Cart page.

'Cart box ship estimator' can be used to turn off the shipping estimator button in the Shopping Cart box.

TIA

"Error: Product was not found." indicates that the product ID was not passed to the module. It's passes as a $_GET variable named pID. You should be able to see this in the address bar if you turn that back on. What modifications have you made that would interfere with this variable? A URL rewriter?

That las paragraph makes perfect sense to me. What part of it don't you understand?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

"Error: Product was not found." indicates that the product ID was not passed to the module. It's passes as a $_GET variable named pID. You should be able to see this in the address bar if you turn that back on. What modifications have you made that would interfere with this variable? A URL rewriter?

That las paragraph makes perfect sense to me. What part of it don't you understand?

Regards

Jim

Yes, I use Ultimate SEO urls.

I don't understand where it says it can be turned off. All I see in the admin section is the 'Use Zones' in Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging.

Thanks

The Ultimate SEO URLs addon interferes with passing GET variables. You'll need to modify it to pass the pID to the estimator page.

It sounds like you are missing the SQL changes to the configuration table. That's Lines 15-17 of the mvs.sql. Once you run that, those menu items should show in the MVS Configuration menu.

Regards

Jim

The Ultimate SEO URLs addon interferes with passing GET variables. You'll need to modify it to pass the pID to the estimator page.

It sounds like you are missing the SQL changes to the configuration table. That's Lines 15-17 of the mvs.sql. Once you run that, those menu items should show in the MVS Configuration menu.

Regards

Jim

Thanks, Jim!!

Running those lines did the trick.

I'll post in the Ultimate SEO forum to see about the GET varibles.

Again, thanks!!

One Page Checkout and MVS?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6646

anyone had any luck getting the One Page Checkout contrib to work with MVS?

have been using MVS for several years and would LOVE to get it to work with the new One Page Checkout contrib.

anyone?

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

I’m having some issues with my installation of MVS that I could really do with some help on.

This is not my first OsC site and I consider myself reasonably competent, but I’m a hacker, not a coder.

Please bear that in mind.

Because MVS is a critical part of the site I am working on and wanting to adapt the Aust Post modules to it, I decided to start with MVS on a virgin install of 2.2rc2a.

Once I was confident everything was working correctly, then I could have a go a modding the Aust Post modules.

If they didn’t work, then I knew the problem was with my mods only.

But I got stuck getting MVS to work.

I have now spent many, many days searching this forum and following leads but all to no avail.

The only other references to anything resembling my problem has been in conjunction with other shipping modules and a PayPal module. Nothing on a clean install.

Which leads me to believe there isn’t a bug, but that I’ve stuffed up somewhere.

But where?

I’m working on a global register off server for the first time, but I understand RC2 will work. Just in case though, I applied the patches.

No good, so I re-installed again without the patches.

I tried comparing files instead of overwriting.

No differences spotted.

Now, this certainly isn’t the first time I’ve installed a contribution unsuccessfully.

But in the past, it merely meant I had stuffed up the instructions somewhere and going back through the task carefully usually found the problem.

If that failed, a search of the forum usually found someone with a similar problem and the solution is found.

But in this case, I’m stumped.

I have a long list of other contributions to install for this site and I cannot start until I know MVS is ok.

So, I offer the following info.

OsC version is 2.2rc2a

Contribution version is 1.2.1 (Dated 8th June 2009)

PHP version 5.2.9

Database: MySQL 5.0.81-community

Zones are disabled in Admin (Have tried both ways.)

Vendors installed: Default My Store & Test Vendor

Shipping modules installed. Flat rate for My Store and Per Item for Test Vendor.

(I figured these two would be bullet proof and neither needs zones.)

Obviously Enable Vendor Shipping is set to “true”

Admin…….

prods_by_vendor.php shows “My Store’s” products only when accessed from the left column vendors box.

Select test vendor from drop down list and page refreshes but still shows only My Store.

Actual product list seems correct.

Change a product from My Store to Test Vendor in categories.php and that product no longer appears in My Store list.

Access the same page from the link in vendors.php where it says “Click here for Products Report” and it works fine.

As a work around, I could remove the link in the vendors box in the left column but I’d rather see if we can find out what’s wrong as this may be a symptom of something affecting other areas.

In orders_by_vendor.php, when accessed from the left column link, nothing shows in the area where orders are supposed to be regardless of which vendor is chosen.

If you hover over either the “Filter By Email: YES/NO” or “change to ascending or descending” the target URL = http://www.mysite.au/admin/orders_by_vendo...sc&sent=yes

Note vendor ID.

The only item showing in the table is the link to send email, but it is not a link as it should be.

However, if you access the same page via the button on vendors.php, the name of the vendors appears on the left hand side. Otherwise, the table is blank as before.

Sorry, I cannot provide any more clues here.

move_vendor_prods.php doesn’t work, but I’m not concerned. This client has no need for it. I mention it only if there is a further clue there.

Two test orders made on front end. One for My Store and one for Test Vendor.

In orders.php, both orders state Order email sent to My Store (or Test Vendor) = No

But both emails sent ok at front end.

Both packing slip and invoice appear correct.

In edit form, the notification of whether an e-mail has been sent always states “no”, regardless of whether its been sent or not.

Clicking on the link to vendor_email_send.php produces a blank email.

Attempting to send just returns you to the email page. No email is sent.

The link produced to enter this page is….

http://www.mysite.net.au/admin/vendor_emai...ID=8&vOS=no

In the front end……

Shipping estimate

From product_info.php, not logged in, single item from vendor #1 (My Store) or vendor #2 (Test Vendor) = ok

URL = http://www.mysite.net.au/products_ship_estimator.php?pid=22

(Product id 22 = Unreal Tournament in virgin install)

From shopping cart info box and shopping cart page, same product, same vendors. Initial quote ok because script remembers previous postcode, but once change of address requested = no go.

URL = http://www.mysite.net.au/ship_estimator.php?pid=0

Resultant URL (After change of address = http://www.mysite.net.au/ship_estimator.ph...tion=ship_error

In cases where URL indicates error, the close window gif doesn’t appear either, but shows when everything works ok. Coincidence? A clue to problem?

I have no idea.

But clearly, it’s not picking up the product id.

Once logged in, all works ok, but there’s no “Change Address” button. Is there supposed to be?

Close window gif doesn’t show again.

All else in the front end works.

Both vendors are set to receive email at Pending and both arrive ok.

Formatting of vendors email a bit messed up but I think I can deal with that.

Seems to need some <br> tags here and there.

Not a priority yet.

Please somebody.

I could really do with some help here because the project is dead in the water until I solve these issues and I have no idea where to look next.

My apologies for the long post.

I wanted to make sure I covered everything and offered any info that might be needed.

Cheers

Jim

All of these problems seem to be due to the failure to pass the Vendor Id to the script. I suspect that it's a problem with your version of PHP, since 5.2.x is well known for breaking previously working code. My old store is working fine on an older version. I'll see if I can get one set up on my test server (running 5.2.10) and check this out.

Regards

Jim

My problem is that when not logged in I don't get a quote unless I use the product estimator first. If I use the cart or the box ones first then it just goes back to blank boxes. I have read that other contribs can stop the info passing. I have meta tags installed but otherwise not much else. As a complete non-coder anyone able to advise where I should be looking to resolve??

I've found bugs in a couple of the Admin files already. Give me some more time and I'll take a look at the estimator as well. It may very well have the same problem.

Regards

Jim

I've found bugs in a couple of the Admin files already. Give me some more time and I'll take a look at the estimator as well. It may very well have the same problem.

That is fantastic news on my part.

It appears there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I look forward to further news.

Thank you

Jim

<snip>

OsC version is 2.2rc2a

Contribution version is 1.2.1 (Dated 8th June 2009)

PHP version 5.2.9

Database: MySQL 5.0.81-community

Zones are disabled in Admin (Have tried both ways.)

Vendors installed: Default My Store & Test Vendor

Shipping modules installed. Flat rate for My Store and Per Item for Test Vendor.

(I figured these two would be bullet proof and neither needs zones.)

Obviously Enable Vendor Shipping is set to “true”

My setup is similar, except PHP is 5.2.10. I set all of the Software products to Test Vendor, the rest are My Store.

Admin…….

prods_by_vendor.php shows “My Store’s” products only when accessed from the left column vendors box.

Select test vendor from drop down list and page refreshes but still shows only My Store.

Actual product list seems correct.

Change a product from My Store to Test Vendor in categories.php and that product no longer appears in My Store list.

Access the same page from the link in vendors.php where it says “Click here for Products Report” and it works fine.

As a work around, I could remove the link in the vendors box in the left column but I’d rather see if we can find out what’s wrong as this may be a symptom of something affecting other areas.

There was an error in the Form header on this page. Fixed.

In orders_by_vendor.php, when accessed from the left column link, nothing shows in the area where orders are supposed to be regardless of which vendor is chosen.

If you hover over either the “Filter By Email: YES/NO” or “change to ascending or descending” the target URL = http://www.mysite.au/admin/orders_by_vendo...sc&sent=yes

Note vendor ID.

The only item showing in the table is the link to send email, but it is not a link as it should be.

However, if you access the same page via the button on vendors.php, the name of the vendors appears on the left hand side. Otherwise, the table is blank as before.

Sorry, I cannot provide any more clues here.

Same error as above, plus a few more. Doesn't anyone use this?

move_vendor_prods.php doesn’t work, but I’m not concerned. This client has no need for it. I mention it only if there is a further clue there.

Register Globals problem. Apparently I missed this when I updated the code. Oops. Fixed anyway.

In orders.php, both orders state Order email sent to My Store (or Test Vendor) = No

I don't quite understand this one. Were the emails supposed to go out and they didn't? I'm going to have trouble with this one in any case. My test box here doesn't have an email server set up (and probably can't.) The one with email is running PHP 4.3.x. and works fine. I'll try, if you can give me enough information.

Both packing slip and invoice appear correct.

In edit form, the notification of whether an e-mail has been sent always states “no”, regardless of whether its been sent or not.

Clicking on the link to vendor_email_send.php produces a blank email.

Attempting to send just returns you to the email page. No email is sent.

The link produced to enter this page is….

http://www.mysite.net.au/admin/vendor_emai...ID=8&vOS=no

Same problem. The URL looks right. I need to find where the problem is....

In the front end……

Shipping estimate

From product_info.php, not logged in, single item from vendor #1 (My Store) or vendor #2 (Test Vendor) = ok

URL = http://www.mysite.net.au/products_ship_estimator.php?pid=22

(Product id 22 = Unreal Tournament in virgin install)

From shopping cart info box and shopping cart page, same product, same vendors. Initial quote ok because script remembers previous postcode, but once change of address requested = no go.

URL = http://www.mysite.net.au/ship_estimator.php?pid=0

Resultant URL (After change of address = http://www.mysite.net.au/ship_estimator.ph...tion=ship_error

In cases where URL indicates error, the close window gif doesn’t appear either, but shows when everything works ok. Coincidence? A clue to problem?

I have no idea.

But clearly, it’s not picking up the product id.

Once logged in, all works ok, but there’s no “Change Address” button. Is there supposed to be?

Close window gif doesn’t show again.

Another weird bug. The error detection (for missing postcode etc.) was messed up. The Close button had a typo, unrelated to the main problem. All fixed now. I'll upload as soon as I can get a package together.

Regards

Jim

I've uploaded the fixes to the official site. Since this is such a large package that it has to wait for a moderator to approve it, I've also uploaded it to my site. I've also uploaded the fixes to the Ship Estimator page.

I know that the email problem is not fixed. I'll take another look in a bit; maybe I can spot the problem. Any other bugs, please let me know.

Regards

Jim

MDBA wrote......

kymation replied......

I don't quite understand this one. Were the emails supposed to go out and they didn't? I'm going to have trouble with this one in any case. My test box here doesn't have an email server set up (and probably can't.) The one with email is running PHP 4.3.x. and works fine. I'll try, if you can give me enough information.

I have both vendors set to receive e-mails at 'pending'

Both e-mails sent and received ok.

Everything working A-OK in that regard.

This is merely a discrepency in the admin in so much as it is being reported that emails have NOT been sent when in fact they have.

Below is a screen shot.

Image1.jpg

In looking at the coding for orders.php, it appears to be querying vendor_order_sent in TABLE orders_shipping to determine what to put in the page for this section.

default = no

In my DB the entry is in fact still 'no', therefore this page is reporting correctly.

The information itself in the DB is incorrect.

I would assume the DB entry is supposed to be updated in the front end when the order is processed so the error must be there. Presumably.

The only other thing I can fault, apart from the vendor_email_send.php which you have already explained you are aware of, is the packing slips for each vendor.

The stock osC packing slip function is working correctly.

The individual vendor ones produced by vendor_packingslip.php however are blank in the area where product information is supposed to be.

The header with shipping address etc is fine.

I hadn't noticed this earlier.

This individual packing slip for each vendor function does however raise a question in my mind as to exactly how it was intended it be used.

In a live shop in a true drop shipping scenario, the outside vendor would need to be sent this packing slip to enclose with their part of the order.

Have you ever considered looking at a way of doing this via email?

For example, converting it to a pdf that could be attached to an email.

It's just a thought, or suggestion.

So in summary, its just the send vendor email function that remain unresolved.

All other problems I reported are now functional and I thank you most sincerely for your prompt attention.

Its a huge load off my mind.

Cheers

Jim

Now I understand the problem. Thanks for the explanation. I'll take a look at that.

I've never used the packing slips, so I haven't seen the problem there. The vendor usually sends their own packing slip. I suppose that one could be generated and sent with the email. Craig developed this part of MVS, so I'm not as familiar with the email functions here as I am with the rest of the code.

I'll take another look at this as soon as I have some time.

Regards

Jim

MDBA wrote......

snip/

This individual packing slip for each vendor function does however raise a question in my mind as to exactly how it was intended it be used.

In a live shop in a true drop shipping scenario, the outside vendor would need to be sent this packing slip to enclose with their part of the order.

Have you ever considered looking at a way of doing this via email?

For example, converting it to a pdf that could be attached to an email.

It's just a thought, or suggestion.

/snip

Cheers

Jim

I have a VERY, VERY modified checkout_process.php file that sends out nicely formated html emails to the vendors. I have several differnt vendor specs and special options so there is a lot of hard coding in there but I'm sure it can be modified to suit if anyone is interested.

If Craig or Jim would like to have a look at the code, I can clean it up a bit and send it to you for possible inclusion in future MVS versions

Below is a screen shot of one of the emails that includes a vendors handling fee section, a dropship order and a packing slip all sent in one email.

It will also include a customer receipt for international orders for the customs forms.

vendor_email.jpg

the only issue I have with it isa that the plain text version is not formatted correctly so some mail clients have issues reading it correctly

Jim Bullen - President

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

Jim: That would be a great addition to MVS. I think a lot of people would benefit from it. If you're willing to add the code for this to MVS, please go ahead and upload it to the distribution. You could also send it to me, but I don't know when I'll have time to work on it. You could also try Craig, since he's the one who wrote this part of the code to start with.

Regards

Jim

Jim: That would be a great addition to MVS. I think a lot of people would benefit from it. If you're willing to add the code for this to MVS, please go ahead and upload it to the distribution. You could also send it to me, but I don't know when I'll have time to work on it. You could also try Craig, since he's the one who wrote this part of the code to start with.

Regards

Jim

I'll see if I can clean out my vendor specific customizations and trim it down to just the dropship order, packing slip and if required for international orders, the customer receipt to be included with the customs form.

Will see if I can get to it this weekend and will post here when I get it uploaded.

I also have a bit of code mod done so that I get a copy of the vendor email as if it was sent by the vendor (to and from are reversed in the email)

makes it really easy to contact the vendor about an order by just hitting reply. I'll include that as well as it sure is a time saver

Jim Bullen - President

I have uploaded my HTML Vendors Email Mod to the MVS package here

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4129

catalog/checkout_process.php

Modified to send Dropship Order, Packing Slip, and Optional Invoice in 1 HTML formated vendors email by Jim Bullen 08/29/2009

this mod will send a nicely formatted HTML Email to the vendors when an order is placed on your site.

It includes a dropship order, a packing slip, and if sent to a country other than your own,

it will also include a customer receipt to be included with the customs forms

NOTE: I do not charge any taxes on my sites, so there are no provisions to include them in this mod

also customer Invoice does not include the shipping fees so as to reduce duties and taxes that may be due to the customer on delivery

The code I use on my own domains is heavily modified to suit various vendor specs,

so I have removed that as best I can but there may be a bug or two in the cleaned up code provided here

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND BACK UP

BACK UP

BACK UP

BEFORE YOU USE THIS MOD

As well as the html email sent to the vendor, this sends a copy of the vendor email to you as if it came from the vendors themselves

this makes it very easy to contact a vendor about a dropship order, just hit "reply"

If there is more than one vendor, for a customers order, it will send each vendor an order with subject lines like

Order #34470a for John Doe from My Company

Order #34470b for John Doe from My Company

Order #34470c for John Doe from My Company

(these order numbers are also included in the email body itself)

Jim Bullen - President

I have uploaded my HTML Vendors Email Mod to the MVS package here

<snipped>

Thanks for sharing this with us. I appreciate the hard work you have put into this code, and the additional work to make a version to share.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for sharing this with us. I appreciate the hard work you have put into this code, and the additional work to make a version to share.

Regards

Jim

No problem! If it wasn't for all the hard work you and Craig have put into MVS, my running my sites would be a lot harder.

Glad to give something back to the comunuity.

I am using a partially patched older version of MVS (along with some custom modifications), so while I think the code I provided "should" work just fine, as I mention, there might be a bug or two in it or better ways to do what I have done.

It certainly looks a lot better and has more info in there than the stock vendors email though!

Hope it helps people.

Jim Bullen - President

1146 - Table 'usr_web236_1.vendor_configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from vendor_configuration

[TEP STOP]

This is the error i get when replacing the files with the 1.2.2 package.

Can anyone help me on how to proceed?

Ty in advance.

Bye.

1054 - Unknown column 'p.vendors_product_price' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.vendors_product_price, p.vendors_prod_comments, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '1' order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]

Now that i´ve run the mvs.sql file in myphp the initial error vanished.

But now i get a new error in the admin directory submenu catalog:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.vendors_product_price' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.vendors_product_price, p.vendors_prod_comments, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '1' order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]