• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

AAARRRGH! It's getting worse...

Whilst manually cleaning up the vendor_configuration table I deleted a record with these values:

(241,'Installed Modules','MODULE_VENDOR_SHIPPING_INSTALLED_a','','This is automatically updated. No need to edit.',6,0,NULL,'2009-06-21 00:33:58',NULL,NULL,0)

and now I get these error messages when going to checkout:

Warning: shipping(includes/languages/english/modules/vendors_shipping/) [function.shipping]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\nawinfs03\home\users\web\b1078\rh.codare\thenewblackconspiracy\includes\classes\vendor_shipping.php on line 59

Warning: shipping(includes/languages/english/modules/vendors_shipping/) [function.shipping]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\nawinfs03\home\users\web\b1078\rh.codare\thenewblackconspiracy\includes\classes\vendor_shipping.php on line 59

Warning: shipping() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/vendors_shipping/' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php\includes') in \\nawinfs03\home\users\web\b1078\rh.codare\thenewblackconspiracy\includes\classes\vendor_shipping.php on line 59

Warning: shipping(includes/modules/vendors_shipping/) [function.shipping]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\nawinfs03\home\users\web\b1078\rh.codare\thenewblackconspiracy\includes\classes\vendor_shipping.php on line 60

Warning: shipping(includes/modules/vendors_shipping/) [function.shipping]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\nawinfs03\home\users\web\b1078\rh.codare\thenewblackconspiracy\includes\classes\vendor_shipping.php on line 60

Warning: shipping() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/vendors_shipping/' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php\includes') in \\nawinfs03\home\users\web\b1078\rh.codare\thenewblackconspiracy\includes\classes\vendor_shipping.php on line 60

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: in \\nawinfs03\home\users\web\b1078\rh.codare\thenewblackconspiracy\includes\classes\vendor_shipping.php on line 62

I've restored the record to the database but still getting the same error...

Anyone got any solutions...do you think I'll have remove and re-install the vendor_configuration database? Do you think the errors are actually the result of deleting the record in the first place? or just one of those weird computering type coincidences?

Regards

:-)

Codare

Replacing that line in the database should have solved the problem. However, it appears that that line is corrupt. That should be MODULE_VENDOR_SHIPPING_INSTALLED_1 or something similar. The last part has to be a number. The number is the vendor number, so you may be able to figure out which vendor is not working and add the line back with that number. Otherwise, remove all of the MVS database additions and add them back again from the SQL file in the distribution, then add back all of your shipping settings.

Editing the database tables by hand is very dangerous. You need to know just what tables are related to which other tables and how. Also, you can't delete Vendor #1 without causing major problems. It's better to edit only through the store Admin.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Replacing that line in the database should have solved the problem. However, it appears that that line is corrupt. That should be MODULE_VENDOR_SHIPPING_INSTALLED_1 or something similar. The last part has to be a number. The number is the vendor number, so you may be able to figure out which vendor is not working and add the line back with that number. Otherwise, remove all of the MVS database additions and add them back again from the SQL file in the distribution, then add back all of your shipping settings.

Editing the database tables by hand is very dangerous. You need to know just what tables are related to which other tables and how. Also, you can't delete Vendor #1 without causing major problems. It's better to edit only through the store Admin.

Regards

Jim

Thanks For Your Time, Jim

I actually truncated the table and re-inserted the data via admin and all is back to normal - mmmm.... by normal, I mean, the AusPost modules I modified according to instructions are working beautifully BUT the spu.php module (Store Pickup) doesn't show up at all in the shipping list when doing checkout so customer cannot proceed with checkout since no shipping has been selected but they can't select store pickup as shipping option since it doesn't show up... :-) I've created a "pick up only" vendor and set as vendor for certain items that are too large for posting, but the pickup only option doesn't show up on checkout page.

Any clues

Many thanks in advance... Codare

I've never used the SPU module, so take anything I say with a large grain of salt. However, I just looked at the code, and I'm seeing something odd. It appears to require that you set a zone. Try setting it to your local zone and see what happens.

Regards

Jim

Regards

Jim

Hi Again, Jim - FYI... I managed to replicate the MODULE_VENDOR_SHIPPING_INSTALLED_a record error when I somehow got into the MANAGE area without having a vendor selected. I thought I had selected a vendor but after installing a couple of the modified AusPost shipping modules I noticed a message saying that no vendor was selected. Upon checking the vendor_config table found all the newly added records were ending in the "a" .

That's been fixed, but still having issue with spu.php info not showing in checkout_shipping area...

Regards

Codare

I've never used the SPU module, so take anything I say with a large grain of salt. However, I just looked at the code, and I'm seeing something odd. It appears to require that you set a zone. Try setting it to your local zone and see what happens.

Regards

Jim

Hi Again - Jim

You da man! - Yeah, that zone thing activated it fine. Hadn't seen that since I'm still learning my P, H, Ps

Much appreciated...

Regards

Codare

<snipped>Upon checking the vendor_config table found all the newly added records were ending in the "a" .

I was wondering how that happened. Actually, it still shouldn't happen, since the default is Vendor 1. I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards

Jim

I was wondering how that happened. Actually, it still shouldn't happen, since the default is Vendor 1. I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim

Got into the MANAGE area without a Vendor selected by having the Vendor Manager page open until session timed out and hit the MANAGE button forcing login again and since had hit the MANAGE button login took me straight in to adding shipping modules without having a vendor selected.

Thanks for the information. I should have thought of that. And the code should still default to Vendor 1, not start using "a." Oh well, another bug.

Regards

Jim

All I need to know is if this contribution provide free shipping on a particular vendor if I have multiple vendors within a single order?

Free shipping is calculated on each vendor individually, not on the total order.

Regards

Jim

Thank you for the quick response Jim! So this contribution will not work if i want free shipping for all orders equal to or over $100.00 dollars, which happened by multiple vendors? (i.e.) vendor-A ($50.00), vendor-B($25.00), vender-C($25.00).?

Thanks

Edited by kenz

Just a frendily note. I have added the contribution Product Lead Time http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6624 to my store which allows me to explain to the customer the reason for the separate shipping charges on checkout. It is important to edit the files so that the message displayed reflects your store's shipping policies.

For example, my store dropships several items from around the U.S. . So I changed the coded messages to read :This product is either custom made or shipped directly from the the manufacturer. Lead time is __ Days.

Hope this helps someone as it has me.

Matt

hi,

i am trying to include the giftWrap contrib (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1155) into MVS. as long as mvs is disabled the giftwrap-option is showing correctly. if i enable mvs the giftwrap is not displayed. i figured out, that the class vendor_shipping.php is called, if mvs is enabled. this file includes the shipping options for mvs.

so i included this part of code of the giftwrap contrib into the class-file:

//BOF osc_Giftwrap
// load giftwrap module
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'gift.php');
 $giftwrap_modules = new gift;

// process the selected giftwrap method
 if ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['action'] == 'process') ) {
if (!tep_session_is_registered('giftwrap_info')) tep_session_register('giftwrap_info');

if (tep_count_giftwrap_modules() > 0) {
  if ( (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['giftwrap'])) && (strpos($HTTP_POST_VARS['giftwrap'], '_')) ) {
	$giftwrap_info = $HTTP_POST_VARS['giftwrap'];

list($module, $method) = explode('_', $giftwrap_info);
	if (is_object($$module)) {
	  $quote1 = $giftwrap_modules->quote1($method, $module);
	  if (isset($quote1['error'])) {
		tep_session_unregister('giftwrap');
	  } else {
		if ( (isset($quote1[0]['methods'][0]['title'])) && (isset($quote1[0]['methods'][0]['cost'])) ) {
		  $giftwrap_info = array('id' => $giftwrap_info,
								 'title' => $quote1[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote1[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')',
								 'cost' => $quote1[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);
		}
	  }
	} else {
	  tep_session_unregister('giftwrap_info');
	}
  }
} else {
  $giftwrap_info = false;
}	
 }

// get all available giftwrap quotes
 $quotes1 = $giftwrap_modules->quote1();

// add gift message
 if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update') {
if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['giftMessage']) && tep_session_is_registered('giftwrap_info')) {
  $giftMessage = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['giftMessage']);

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
	tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set giftMessage = '" . tep_db_input($giftMessage) . "' where customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and orders_id = '" . $order_id . "'");
  } else {
	tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set giftMessage = '" . tep_db_input($giftMessage) . "' where customers_id = '0' and orders_id = '" . $order_id . "'");
  }

tep_session_unregister('giftwrap_info');
}
 }
//EOF osc_Giftwrap

now the giftwrap option is available on the checkout_shipping page. but i get this error when i go to the checkout_confirmation page.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cheapest() (previously declared in [...]\includes\classes\gift.php:80) in [...]\includes\classes\gift.php on line 113

there seems to be a problem with the declaration of the function cheapest, which is called twice. so used this to bypass the problem.:

if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'false') {

now i get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class gift in [..]\includes\classes\gift.php on line 13

maybe some already installed this to contribs and could give me a hint. i don't know how to handle it.

thanks in advance

ps: sorry for my english

Change this line

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'gift.php');

to this

require_once (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'gift.php');

Regards

Jim

thank you jim,

this was the problem. i've had to comment out this part in checkout_confirmation.php also:

//BOF osc_Giftwrap
// load the selcted giftwrap module  
//  require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . "gift.php");
//  $giftwrap_modules = new gift($giftwrap);
//EOF osc_Giftwrap

now everything works fine. thank you again!

Not without some modification. MVS was created to make shipping separate for each vendor.

Regards

Jim

well said. Is it possible to get free shipping with one particular vendor with mvs? does the contrib already support that?

On another note, is it possible to get live ups rate quotes from each vendor zip code? are there specific contribs you recommend for this?

thanks in advance!

Edited by kenz

1. Yes, use the Free module or set Free limits in the vendor.

2. Yes, there are two UPS modules supplied. Use UPSXML if the full account information is available from your vendor, otherwise use the regular UPS module.

Regards

Jim

well said. Is it possible to get free shipping with one particular vendor with mvs? does the contrib already support that?

On another note, is it possible to get live ups rate quotes from each vendor zip code? are there specific contribs you recommend for this?

thanks in advance!

Jim I apologize. One more question. Have you guys worked out a situation when a product from a particular vendor may be backorded? The best thing I found for oscommerce was Individual Item Status 1.0 http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5644 - Do you have any thoughts to that if I'm using MVS?

thank you so much for your input - much appreciated!!!

Edited by kenz

Sorry, I don't have any experience with that one. Any modification that involves shipping will likely be more work to add to a store using MVS, since we make so many changes to the shipping section. It's certainly possible, but expect it to take some custom modifications.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I have a weird problem with my installation of MVS.

I installed a fresh copy of OScommerce v2,2 RC2.a - just added 2 cosmetic contributions (define main page and infobox admin) and instlaled MVS 1.2.1. I had the store data from a previous installation of oscommerce (MS2) which also had MVS set up.

The problem I am having is, whenever I try to get a quote for shipping using fedex freigt, it gets a quote for the whole cart even if there are multiple shipping source addresses. As in, if i have 5 items in my card shipping from 5 different locations, the quote queries the fedex server 5 times for each of those locations with all of the 5 items. I could not figure out at what stage it fails to divide the carts according to the shipping sources.

Anyone have any idea? Any help would be apperciated...

Addition to my previous post, I could not really figure out how MVS separates the cart into different vendors or at what point it does that... When the data gets into fxfreigt.php it still has the whole cart and uses that to get a quote... I do not understand.

I figured out it uses $vendor_id along with $product_id, so it can separate the vendors. The problem I am having is now is from my development server setup, the xml queries give timeout error half of the time. While on my web host this never happens.

Figured it out, vendors_id line was missing from sql.

I'm having the same problem...

1054 - Unknown column 'vendors_id' in 'field list'

How did you fix this? I see a vendors_id field in the database - i'm not sure what you mean by "line was missing from sql". Any help would be greatly appreciated.