• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I have an issue with shipping charges being displayed seperately. For one vendor I had to add seperate vendor accounts because they charge different handling fees for different items. Now when a customer selects a few of these items the shipping charges for the same shipping company, show seperately. Is there a way to get the shipping charges to combine when there is a common freight company?

For example: I have vendor x set up in vendor manager as vendor x (widget) and vendor x (gadget). If the customer selects a widget and a gadget it displays like this in checkout:

Qty 1 widget, Price:$1.00, FedexShipping $.50

Qty 1 gadget, Price:$2.00, Fedex Shipping $1.00

If the items were grouped together then the weights would be combined and the shipping charges would actually be less!

For example I had a customer buy two products from one vendor which charged him $13.00 freight for one item and then 36.00 for the other item. when the vendor sent me the shipping confirmation the freight charges were only$36.00 because they were able to ship in one package!

Any thoughts?

That's not really possible with the current code. You could move the handling charges elsewhere: into the product price, or a fixed cost for the shipper that would recover your costs on an average order.

It would be impossible to predict how most shippers are going to package a shipment in any case. Some products could be combined while others cannot. The number of combinations possible would preclude any sort of algorithm short of the basic maximum weight. You may just have to live with a certain amount of inaccuracy in the shipping estimates.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The first step is to look in your database, in the orders_products, orders_status, orders_total, etc. Pay particular attention to the orders_shipping table. Are the orders being added to the database correctly? Is the vendor email option in the vendors admin set to true for each vendor that you want to get an email? Check your edits in the vendor email section of catalog/checkout_process.php (Lines 263-388 in the MVS 1.1 distribution file.)

Regards

Jim

The first step is to look in your database, in the orders_products, orders_status, orders_total, etc. Pay particular attention to the orders_shipping table. Are the orders being added to the database correctly? Is the vendor email option in the vendors admin set to true for each vendor that you want to get an email? Check your edits in the vendor email section of catalog/checkout_process.php (Lines 263-388 in the MVS 1.1 distribution file.)

Regards

Jim

I checked the tables, and here's the run-down:

orders: all is normal

orders_total: All ok

orders_shipping: seems to also be correct

orders_products: Here's where we get into some issues. Storing blanks or zero's for all but orders_id and orders_products_id. Prices are all 0.0000

orders_products.png

Where in the code should I look to address these issues and correct them?? Or at least where would be a good place to start?

Edited by gstutz

Grant: Look at catalog/checkout_process.php, Lines 202-213 in the MVS distribution. MVS only adds one line to this section, so there shouldn't be a problem here. You may have to trace the data backwards to find where is is being defined (Mostly from the Order class.)

Allison: MVS doesn't have anything to do with images, so feel free to pick any image contribution that you like.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim thanks for always replying and answering my questions- yes i agree that mvs has nothing to do w/ extra images, but this code is in it... with mention to asto several time in admin/categories ( mvs1.1) last full version)

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_2']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_2']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_2'] != 'none')) {

$sql_data_array['product_image_2'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_2']);

}

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_3']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_3']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_3'] != 'none')) {

$sql_data_array['product_image_3'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_3']);

}

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_4']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_4']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_4'] != 'none')) {

$sql_data_array['product_image_4'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_4']);

}

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_5']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_5']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_5'] != 'none')) {

$sql_data_array['product_image_5'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_5']);

}

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_6']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_6']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_6'] != 'none')) {

$sql_data_array['product_image_6'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_6']);

}

// EOF astro - update database with new images

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, vendors_prod_id, products_image, product_image_2,product_image_3,product_image_4,product_image_5,product_image_6, products_price, vendors_product_price, vendors_pro...

if ($products_image_2->parse() && $products_image_2->save()) {

$products_image_2_name = $products_image_2->filename;

} else {

$products_image_2_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_2']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_2'] : '');

}

if ($products_image_3->parse() && $products_image_3->save()) {

$products_image_3_name = $products_image_3->filename;

} else {

$products_image_3_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_3']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_3'] : '');

}

if ($products_image_4->parse() && $products_image_4->save()) {

$products_image_4_name = $products_image_4->filename;

} else {

$products_image_4_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_4']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_4'] : '');

}

if ($products_image_5->parse() && $products_image_5->save()) {

$products_image_5_name = $products_image_5->filename;

} else {

$products_image_5_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_5']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_5'] : '');

}

if ($products_image_6->parse() && $products_image_6->save()) {

$products_image_6_name = $products_image_6->filename;

} else {

$products_image_6_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_6']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image_6'] : '');

}

// EOF astro - update database with new images

And more...

I have looked for a additional images file by astro, but have not found one...just wondering which one was used so that it will be easy to integrate since a good bit of code has already been changed for me???

That's not in MVS 1.1, so I'm assuming it got into one of the unofficial patches. Which release did you find it in?

I can't be absolutely certain, but it looks like classic More Pics code (Version 1.4.3 or earlier.) Try a comparison with that and see if it matches. If you'll never need more than 7 images per product, that would be a good choice.

Regards

Jim

So - I am a noobie at this but tried to get MVS working - and failed - a couple of the files that required editing did not contain the text i was supposed to be replacing and it broke. I am running osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a and attempted to add the MVS1.1 module - is this the right module or is there a newer one (if there is a newer one - or a version of osCommerce that now includes it please let me know).

Russ

I'm working on a new version of MVS that is compatible with 2.2RC2a. Don't hold your breath until the release; this all depends on availability of my spare time. If you need help with one or two files, let me know which ones and I'll post what I have.

Regards

Jim

i am using multivendor shipping and have run into an isse some of my vendors are doing flat rate shipping on some of their products, from what I ca tell i can only do weight calculations w/ multi vendor...does multivendor have the ability to add the flat rate options or to i also need to add the individual product shipping cotribution as well?

Thanks!

MVS does flat rate shipping the same way standard osCommerce does. If you mean a flat rate per vendor, use the MVS Flat module. If you mean a flat rate per product, you will need to use the MVS version of the Individual Shipping module.

Regards

Jim

MVS does flat rate shipping the same way standard osCommerce does. If you mean a flat rate per vendor, use the MVS Flat module. If you mean a flat rate per product, you will need to use the MVS version of the Individual Shipping module.

Regards

Jim

Thank you for responding again jim, I really appreciate it! I thought that was my solutions but did not want to and anoth cont if i didn't have to!

Well, I've done it again. Every time I started to put together a new release of MVS, osCommerce has come out with a new version. I must be psychic. Now I just need to wrap my brain around osC 3.0.

In any case, I've uploaded MVS 1.2 to the usual location. It's a big package, so you'll have to wait for an admin to get around to approving it.

This is basically a rollup of all of the bugfixes to date, all merged into osC 2.2RC2a. I've also added a few more fixes that never got posted. I also merged in the Shipping Estimator. You can turn it off if you want.

All of the new modules that I could get to work are included as well. Some of these have additional requirements (database changes, mostly) that will need to be done if you want to use those modules. Instructions are included -- see the Extras folder.

I've tested this with Register Globals off, and everything seems to work. I can't test every possible configuration, though, so bugs are still possible. Let us know here if you find one. New modules are also welcome, as usual.

Regards

Jim

I downloaded and installed this module today into Rca2.2 everything seems to work up to the point where you manage your vendor and install the required modules. It does not show any modules to install even though I have zones installed and available.

Anybody got any clues please?

Thanks in advance

i hve an issue with my vedor price and sometimes my vendor name, I type in the value,it shows up in the preview, but vendor price goes back to 0 on the mainproduct info left sidesection of th admin categories... any suggestions to the cuase or slution...

allison

Hi Jim- I just upgraded my mvs to your new one...wow yall added alot...

I get this error message in the admin/shipping modules b/c of something to do with your new modules.php file i read the attached file about special modules moifications, but assumed it was for the non basic ones... can you or someone please help me...

error:

Warning: include(public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ups.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/montanaw/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 166

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening (public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ups.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/montanaw/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 166

From what I can tell I need to add some code that acknowleges ups in the new modules file???

You shouldn't be getting an error on /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ups.php -- that's the language file for the stock osCommerce module, not the MVS modified module. The MVS modules are in /includes/modules/vendors_shipping/ and /includes/languages/english/modules/vendors_shipping/. Do you have MVS turned on?Are you setting up modules through the Vendors menu in your Admin (Not the Modules menu.)

Regards

Jim

I have enable vendor shipping true, i had some of the original shipping modules "installed", i uninstalled, i have been "managing" the vendors with the ones i know shipping info for, but not for all. when i go through check out, i gives me my individual item shipping choices, so I think i have it all right, ups files are all in the appropriate places, thought it also give me the "TEXT" MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_TEXT_TITLE as if it were not defined. I do not have and cannot find in rc2 or mvs the includes/english/modules/shipping/ups.php i have the rest of the shipping modules defined in there, so maybe thats what is causing the problem, how can i fix, do you have the file code where I can create this file on my system.

By the way that you sooooo very much for responding with help!

Allison