• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Probably off topic, but as I'm using MVS....

MVS applies various shipping rates to products. This works great :) However if a customer buys, say three products from three different vendors. The total shipping cost can get a bit high, so is there a way or a module (I have searched without luck) that I can use to cap the maximum cost of shipping?

At present, I have to make a manual refund, but I'd like an on-line automatic method please?

Any help and guidance greatly appreciated :)

This error has me stumped and would greatly appreciate your help, please! :blink:

When I click the Manage button, I am getting the following error:

Warning: main(/edited_path_to_this_point/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/vendors_shipping/vendor_shipping.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /edited_path_to_this_point/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 129

So I looked in the original MVS files, there is no such file called vendor_shipping.php in the folder specified.

So.... I looked in vendor_modules.php on line 129. It says:

include(DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/vendors_shipping/' . $file);
include(DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES . 'vendors_shipping/' . $file);

That didn't tell me what file was being called, so I looked above that line and can't see where it calls the $file identified as vendor_shipping.php.

This is AFTER applying the so called "/admin/vendors.php fix" contribution so have no idea where to go from here.

Thank you so much.

I'm having a problem with one of my installations of MVS. Reportedly the admin screen goes blank after a correct password is entered. I can't duplicate the error myself so in the meantime, while I figure out what is probably wrong on the clients own computer (from two thousand miles away!), I need a way to quickly and easily disable the admin side password system that is part of MVS. I've got the forder well protected with .htaccess in the meantime.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Kendall

Brooklyn, New York USA

I'm having a problem with one of my installations of MVS. Reportedly the admin screen goes blank after a correct password is entered. I can't duplicate the error myself so in the meantime, while I figure out what is probably wrong on the clients own computer (from two thousand miles away!), I need a way to quickly and easily disable the admin side password system that is part of MVS. I've got the forder well protected with .htaccess in the meantime.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

There is no password system included with MVS. If this Admin is not password protected through .htaccess, then at some point, another contribution was installed.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi, I just installed the MVS and configured everything.. I set up 1 vendor, also the vendor shipping module "First Item -- Plus".

So i decided to test it, but i seems not to work.

I added 3 items (same items) on my cart and proceeded to checkout.. but the checkout page, when you supposed to choose the shipping method... it doesn't appear anything regarding the shipping. Just the address, comments and buttons, but not the part with shipping method selection. Also i can't just go through just clicking on continue button.

Does anyone have an idea what is?

Sorry about my bad english! :)

Hi, I just installed the MVS and configured everything.. I set up 1 vendor, also the vendor shipping module "First Item -- Plus".

So i decided to test it, but i seems not to work.

I added 3 items (same items) on my cart and proceeded to checkout.. but the checkout page, when you supposed to choose the shipping method... it doesn't appear anything regarding the shipping. Just the address, comments and buttons, but not the part with shipping method selection. Also i can't just go through just clicking on continue button.

Does anyone have an idea what is?

Sorry about my bad english! :)

Have you set Admin > Configuration >Shipping/Packaging > Use Vendor Shipping to true? Have you set the products that you have ordered to the vendor that you have set up? Have you set up a zone for the shipping module that you are using?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi..

I haven't set the Admin > Configuration >Shipping/Packaging > Use Vendor Shipping to true.

I just did, but now i got this error on the checkout process page:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method: shoppingcart->vendor_shipping() in /homepages/19/d217709471/htdocs/Loja/catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php on line 13"

Any idea?

Thank oyu

Hi..

I haven't set the Admin > Configuration >Shipping/Packaging > Use Vendor Shipping to true.

I just did, but now i got this error on the checkout process page:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method: shoppingcart->vendor_shipping() in /homepages/19/d217709471/htdocs/Loja/catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php on line 13"

Any idea?

Thank oyu

This sounds like you did not do the edits in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php or you simply did not get the edits correct. Double check your work, using a file comparison program can make this job much easier.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hey,

I got a question.. Is it possible with the MVS to set "first item -- plus" to work like:

If you set 2 vendors, both with shipping method "first item plus", when you buy 2 products from each vendor,

the MVS maintain the higher first rate between the 2 vendors and sum the other "plus" items? Basically, the mvs give just 1 first item and sum the rest as "plus items" instead of give the 2 first item from each vendor and plus the items?

Thank you

Hey,

I got a question.. Is it possible with the MVS to set "first item -- plus" to work like:

If you set 2 vendors, both with shipping method "first item plus", when you buy 2 products from each vendor,

the MVS maintain the higher first rate between the 2 vendors and sum the other "plus" items? Basically, the mvs give just 1 first item and sum the rest as "plus items" instead of give the 2 first item from each vendor and plus the items?

Thank you

Nope, MVS functions on a "per Vendor" basis, no products form other Vendors will be factored into any shipping quotes, if a particular shipping module is doing that, there is something wrong with the module and it is NOT giving an accurate quote.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Is there a way to add Google Checkout into MVS?

At this point, MVS and Google Checkout are ENTIRELY INCOMPATIBLE. Google Checkout bypasses that standard shipping system from osC, and therefor also bypasses MVS. Why it was designed the way it is, I don't know, but I do know it is an evolving thing, and may at some point be better to work with.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

:-" After the installation i have facing this error in admin side. i know there is some solution but i tried with different ways but nothing found. error is this.

Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_STATS_VENDORS was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

and how can a vendor login and register into my site as a vendor. can any one help me plz?

regards

Khan

i have facing this error in admin side

1146 - Table 'town9com_emall.TABLE_VENDORS' doesn't exist

select vendors_id, vendors_name from TABLE_VENDORS order by vendors_name

[TEP STOP]

even i add code in database_tables.php file both in admin and catalog directories. i am not a php programmer so its very diffecult for me to debug this php software. plz help me in easy way.

regards

Khan

First, thanks to everyone involved, especially you, Craig... This is excellent!

I installed it and everything seems to work except when I try to add a free shipping option per vendor.

The free shipping should be triggered by the product total amount per vendor and it appears to be accumulating the product total amounts among all vendors.

I've tried many things including the MVS 1.0 free shipping add-in by NancyL7 and the errant behavior seems the same. I thought it was the OT module so I ensured it was off and changed the "Free Shipping For Orders Over" value to $50,000,000.00.

I suspect this is something stupidly simple but I can't find it after days of trying.

Can anyone please come up with any suggestions? I've read this thread from when Craig started it and can't seem to find my problem.

I recently discovered that I had commented out the lines in column_right.php that displayed the bestsellers box... and uncommented them and discovered why: my bestsellers list is blank!

I manually updated the products_ordered field in the products database just to get something listed in the infobox, but this can not be a regular activity for me. One would think this should be updated automatically.

My question then is: which file should be updating the products_ordered field and where might I look to fix it? I have installed MVS some time ago and I wonder if this may have any effect on the issue at hand.

Thoughts?

:-" After the installation i have facing this error in admin side. i know there is some solution but i tried with different ways but nothing found. error is this.

Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_STATS_VENDORS was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

and how can a vendor login and register into my site as a vendor. can any one help me plz?

regards

Khan

this one should be defined in admin/includes/filenames.php. look at the copy that was included in the distribution package

i have facing this error in admin side

1146 - Table 'town9com_emall.TABLE_VENDORS' doesn't exist

select vendors_id, vendors_name from TABLE_VENDORS order by vendors_name

[TEP STOP]

even i add code in database_tables.php file both in admin and catalog directories. i am not a php programmer so its very diffecult for me to debug this php software. plz help me in easy way.

regards

Khan

Double check that the code you added matches the code in the copy of the file that was included in the distribution package

I recently discovered that I had commented out the lines in column_right.php that displayed the bestsellers box... and uncommented them and discovered why: my bestsellers list is blank!

I manually updated the products_ordered field in the products database just to get something listed in the infobox, but this can not be a regular activity for me. One would think this should be updated automatically.

My question then is: which file should be updating the products_ordered field and where might I look to fix it? I have installed MVS some time ago and I wonder if this may have any effect on the issue at hand.

Thoughts?

This get's updated in checkout_process.php, double check your edits there. If you need to, download a fresh copy of osC, and use a comparison tool to locate the code in question.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Thanks for a great contribution, it will hopefully be exactly what I need.

However I'm having just one small problem in that I've installed the contribution and it seems to be working fine except for the fact that I can't update any of the shipping information for the Venders.

I can access the admin pages fine by clicking on Vender Manager and then the manage button for the vendor I want to change. The list of Vendor Shipping Modules then appears and I can install them fine, however when I try and edit them and click on the update button the page reloads with the default settings. For example I keep trying to change the flat rate but it simply remains as 5.00!!!!

Any ideas on what I can do to solve the problem? I followed the install instructions and haven't made any other modifications/contributions to my store so far. I'm guessing I've probably done something wrong somewhere being fairly new to oscommerce and phpmyadmin.

Hi dear folks!

I am a newcomer, with an installed osc (latest version), and I am suspecting this module is what I am after:

- I will be drop-shipping from different manufacturers (one in the US, the other in Malaysia).

- Will be having DHL, Air Parcel & TNT options (calculated by weight) for the Malaysian items, and a fixed shipping price for the ones shipped from the US.

My MAIN question is - what is the main MVS module instalation package if one want to install it for the first time? I am looking at the list here ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...129/category,2/ ) but there are only updates, bug fixes, etc. I am looking for the first time install package.

Thanks!

Gabstero

Edited by gabstero

okay, folks,

I went ahead and installed in the chronological order the MVS packages, starting with the very early one MVS V1.0 (dated 26 Mar 2006).

Thinks looked superficially ok except these errors:

1. a "BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS" link to nowhere on the top of my Admin/Configuration column, and ...

2. This error when a user clicks on the "Checkout" button:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_length' in 'field list'

select vendors_id, products_length, products_width, products_height from products where products_id = '32{6}17'

[TEP STOP]

Then skipped all the way to installing the Airborne/DHL Shipping Module for MVS (dated 25 May 2006), and that's where I got stuck with an error found in the Modules/Shipping settings:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for keys() in C:\uebrut\gabkits\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\dhlairborne.php on line 249

Now, before going any further, I wanted to make sure that I solve these problems before getting into new ones that will be harder to track down as I am installing the MVS updates and bug-fixes.

Any clues what I might be doing wrong?

thanks!!

Gabstero