• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I've finished installing MVS and have worked through a few error messages here and there and have it working. I've installed MVS v1.1 and the latest upsxml.php for MVS.

There is the problem I am having:

In the Admin > Configuration > Shipping/Packaging

When I set the "Enable Multi-Vendor shipping-(true/false)" to "false", I have no problems at all.

When I set the "Enable Multi-Vendor shipping-(true/false)" to "true", I get errors messages during the checkout process (checkout_shipping.php):

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /public_html/catalog/includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 48

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class shipping in /public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 14

Vendor_Shipping.php Line 48

reset($modules_array);

Shipping.php Line 14

class shipping {

I've been working on this thing for a long time, and I really have no clue what this error is about.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by waverider75

<snip>

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /public_html/catalog/includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 48

<snip>

In most cases this error means that you have not installed a shipping module for each of your vendors. If you have installed UPSXML, I can only suggest that you look at your modifications on the Catalog side, as something is interfering with the setting of the modules. Perhaps the $vendors_id is not being passed somewhere. Sorry I can't be more specific, but there are quite a few places this could happen.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hello Everyone,

I've tried everything I can think of to fix this error, no luck. I'm running MVS with UPS XML and Dimensional Support and I always get a quote for twice the amount of packages. I've reinstalled MVS, UPSXML and Dimensional Support twice and I keep getting the same issue. I have ZERO packages defined, all products are marked "Ready To Ship". UPS XML says "United Parcel Service (XML) (2 pkg(s), 65 lbs total) $45.68" and the same quote manually entered on the UPS website says "1 Package 65 pounds $25.34". Below is my UPSXML log file for just one request of this quote, any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

I'm willing to spend time messing with the code if anyone can point me in the right direction! I tried to include all relevant info here but please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else that may be helpful.

Thanks for you time.

Sam

Hey Sam,

Any luck with that problem? I am running into the same problem. I'm running on GoDaddy's hosting but I wouldn't think that would be the problem. I have 1 package setup that should fit the item I am adding to my cart and I have the item marked "Ready to Ship" also. It should be 1 Package at 23 pounds but instead the upsxml posts: "United Parcel Service (XML) (3 pkg(s), 44 lbs total) $88.41" .

I also have another item from another vendor setup with upsxml and this item should be 1 package at 23 pounds also. Instead the system looks like it's adding the first vendor's shipping to the second because it says..."United Parcel Service (XML) (5 pkg(s), 44 lbs total) $147.35"

Has anyone else had this problem? I need help with this one ASAP. If someone could just point me in the right direction, I could play with the code.

Thanks

---

CorradoMatt

http://www.westixonline.com - an oscommerce / creloaded site

Hi, I just did the code upgrades for osC 2.2 RC1 on my shop, everything is working except for sales tax. Has anyone seen this with MVS on an upgrade like this. It is not a true RC1 since it has the old admin. If I set an item to non-vendor though it still does not calculate the tax. So do you think I need to change something in MVS, or did I mess something else up?

Hi, I just did the code upgrades for osC 2.2 RC1 on my shop, everything is working except for sales tax. Has anyone seen this with MVS on an upgrade like this. It is not a true RC1 since it has the old admin. If I set an item to non-vendor though it still does not calculate the tax. So do you think I need to change something in MVS, or did I mess something else up?

love to know how you managed it ..lol .. I have been working on this mod for days .. and I can't get the vendors_shipping to show in shipping modules. I also do not have a choice for what shipping method belongs to what vendor??? I have included al the files, read al the documentation .. and for the life of me I am stupmed.

I had the mod working in my old store a few months back, and in the product page I was able to choose the shipping method, I don't have that option now.

Can someone help??

In most cases this error means that you have not installed a shipping module for each of your vendors. If you have installed UPSXML, I can only suggest that you look at your modifications on the Catalog side, as something is interfering with the setting of the modules. Perhaps the $vendors_id is not being passed somewhere. Sorry I can't be more specific, but there are quite a few places this could happen.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for the help Jim. I was able to work through a few errors that I was getting, but ultimately I was always having more and more problems, or perhaps I was creating more from my own corrections, so I reverted to a backup to try again.

I have reinstalled MVS manually this time(before I was using a merging program Beyond Compare), and am getting a few errors again in my testing.

When a product is assigned to "My Store" there is only a problem when the customer clicks the button for Order Confirmation at checkout:

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/somis3/public_html/prstg/includes/functions/database.php on line 131

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/somis3/public_html/prstg/includes/functions/database.php:131) in /home/somis3/public_html/prstg/includes/functions/general.php on line 36

Also, another problem is that when I have a product assigned to a Vendor, the product appears in the database, and in the Product Categories, but when the customer clicks on the product, the product doesn't show up, and in it's place it says "Product Not Found!"

I'm using PHP 5, MySQL 5, OSCommerce v2.2. I'm also using the Seperate Price Per Cusomer (SPPC) and Quantity Price Breaks contribution.

Any ideas? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by waverider75

<snip>

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/somis3/public_html/prstg/includes/functions/database.php on line 131

That looks like a variable that is supposed to be stored in the database is an array instead of a string. Check catalog/checkout_process.php for errors. If it's not there, look for functions called from that page that have been modified.

Also, another problem is that when I have a product assigned to a Vendor, the product appears in the database, and in the Product Categories, but when the customer clicks on the product, the product doesn't show up, and in it's place it says "Product Not Found!"

<snip>

When you get the Product Not Found error, check the URL to see if products_id is being set correctly. If it is, the problem is in catalog/product_info.php; if not, then the page that is sending you there (catalog/index.php?) This is likely to be a problem with SPPC or the 2.2rc1 update, since MVS doesn't make any changes in this area.

Regards

Jim

Hello : I have been told to

"install the contribution? It doesn’t come with osCommerce, you have to download the contribution and install it to your store." I just have no idea where to go to do that.

I need this option for shipping from multiple locations. Please advise. I am new to this, so be patient. Thank you.

"install the contribution? It doesn’t come with osCommerce, you have to download the contribution and install it to your store." I just have no idea where to go to do that.

I need this option for shipping from multiple locations. Please advise. I am new to this, so be patient. Thank you.

The contribution package is available here. Start with the one labeled MVS 1.1. Please read the instruction files carefully. If your store has not been previously modified, you can simply copy the new files over your existing store files. There are some patches that you may need to apply once this is done, but get the basics done first and then come back if you are having any problems.

Regards

Jim

We've got the MVS all setup and running now (after about 3 months of tweaking)...now we ran into an issue where say the customer orders 5 products, 1 product from 5 separate drop shipped vendors...the problem is all the orders are coming out on one packing slip. Is there a way (or a module that exists) to have each vendor's products print out on a separate packing slip?

Thanks,

Rick

I got the same error but that was removed when I inserted this line in database_tables.php

//MVS Start

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_VENDOR', 'Vendor');//inserted by MVS

define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Qty');//inserted by MVS

define('TABLE_HEADING_VENDORS_SHIP', 'Shipper');//inserted by MVS

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Method');//inserted by MVS

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_COST', 'Ship Cost');//inserted by MVS

define('TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION','Configuration');// inserted by Divyendu

define('TABLE_VENDORS','Vendors');// inserted by Divyendu

define('VENDOR_ORDER_SENT', 'Order Sent to ');//inserted by MVS

//MVS End

Now the admin window was opened successfully.

But when I clicked the Vendor Management Link it gives error.

1146 - Table 'test.table_orders_shipping' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING where vendors_id='1'

[TEP STOP]

Please suggest some remedy.

Thanks

Divyendu

www.toy4education.com

The contribution package is available here. Start with the one labeled MVS 1.1. Please read the instruction files carefully. If your store has not been previously modified, you can simply copy the new files over your existing store files. There are some patches that you may need to apply once this is done, but get the basics done first and then come back if you are having any problems.

Regards

Jim

I'm trying to install MVS 1.1 right now, and I'm having some trouble. I just followed all the instructions in Admin_Install.txt and then before going on to Catalog_Install.txt, I wanted to make sure I did everything right so far. Hence, I went to the /admin/index.php, and I get this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_cfg_select_multioption() (previously declared in /home/alfaelec/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:66) in /home/alfaelec/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 835

I recognize tep_cfg_select_multioption($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') to be part of what Admin_Install.txt told me to put in after lines 10-11:

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

The overall code it told me to put in was:

//// MVS start  
// Sets the Vendor Send Order Emails
 function tep_set_vendor_email($vendors_id, $vendors_send_email) {
if ($vendors_send_email == '1') {
  return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_VENDORS . " set vendors_send_email = '1' where vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");
} elseif ($vendors_send_email == '0') {
  return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_VENDORS . " set vendors_send_email = '0' where vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");
} else {
  return -1;
}
 }

function tep_get_vendors_info($product_id, $vendors_id, $language_id = 0) {
global $languages_id;

if ($language_id == 0) $language_id = $languages_id;
$product_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_VENDORS . " where " . TABLE_VENDORS . " .vendors_id = " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " .vendors_id and products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['vendors_name'];
 }

function tep_get_vendors_prod_comments($product_id) {
$product_query = tep_db_query("select vendors_prod_comments from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");

return $product['vendors_prod_comments'];
 }

function tep_get_vendor_url($vendor_id, $language_id) {
$vendor_query = tep_db_query("select vendors_url from " . TABLE_VENDORS_INFO . " where vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendor_id . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$vendor = tep_db_fetch_array($vendor_query);

return $vendor['vendors_url'];
 }

// works to send copy of EVERY EMAIL SENT FROM STORE uncomment to use
/*
if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
  $message->send('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject);
}  */

// Alias function for array of configuration values in the Administration Tool
 function tep_cfg_select_multioption($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') {
for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($select_array); $i++) {
  $name = (($key) ? 'configuration[' . $key . '][]' : 'configuration_value');
  $string .= '<br><input type="checkbox" name="' . $name . '" value="' . $select_array[$i] . '"';
  $key_values = explode( ", ", $key_value);
  if ( in_array($select_array[$i], $key_values) ) $string .= 'CHECKED';
  $string .= '> ' . $select_array[$i];
}
return $string;
 }
//MVS End

I'm about to install the catalog and run the mvs.sql too to see if it helps, but I doubt it will change anything for this error.

Edited by airbeds

I'm trying to install MVS 1.1 right now, and I'm having some trouble. I just followed all the instructions in Admin_Install.txt and then before going on to Catalog_Install.txt, I wanted to make sure I did everything right so far. Hence, I went to the /admin/index.php, and I get this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_cfg_select_multioption() (previously declared in /home/alfaelec/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:66) in /home/alfaelec/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 835

I recognize tep_cfg_select_multioption($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') to be part of what Admin_Install.txt told me to put in after lines 10-11:

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

The overall code it told me to put in was:

//// MVS start  
// Sets the Vendor Send Order Emails
 function tep_set_vendor_email($vendors_id, $vendors_send_email) {
if ($vendors_send_email == '1') {
  return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_VENDORS . " set vendors_send_email = '1' where vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");
} elseif ($vendors_send_email == '0') {
  return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_VENDORS . " set vendors_send_email = '0' where vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");
} else {
  return -1;
}
 }

function tep_get_vendors_info($product_id, $vendors_id, $language_id = 0) {
global $languages_id;

if ($language_id == 0) $language_id = $languages_id;
$product_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_VENDORS . " where " . TABLE_VENDORS . " .vendors_id = " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " .vendors_id and products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $product['vendors_name'];
 }

function tep_get_vendors_prod_comments($product_id) {
$product_query = tep_db_query("select vendors_prod_comments from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");

return $product['vendors_prod_comments'];
 }

function tep_get_vendor_url($vendor_id, $language_id) {
$vendor_query = tep_db_query("select vendors_url from " . TABLE_VENDORS_INFO . " where vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendor_id . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$vendor = tep_db_fetch_array($vendor_query);

return $vendor['vendors_url'];
 }
// works to send copy of EVERY EMAIL SENT FROM STORE uncomment to use
/*
if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
  $message->send('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject);
}  */

// Alias function for array of configuration values in the Administration Tool
 function tep_cfg_select_multioption($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') {
for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($select_array); $i++) {
  $name = (($key) ? 'configuration[' . $key . '][]' : 'configuration_value');
  $string .= '<br><input type="checkbox" name="' . $name . '" value="' . $select_array[$i] . '"';
  $key_values = explode( ", ", $key_value);
  if ( in_array($select_array[$i], $key_values) ) $string .= 'CHECKED';
  $string .= '> ' . $select_array[$i];
}
return $string;
 }
//MVS End

I'm about to install the catalog and run the mvs.sql too to see if it helps, but I doubt it will change anything for this error.

Simple enough, remove the function. What causes this is that while installing another contrib at some point, you already have the function installed. MVS uses it as well, and there is no way of knowing if a shop owner has installed another contribution that would have installed any particular function or bit of code.

Keep in mind that the instructions are based on an "a virgin install of osCommerce", so if you have installed other contributions, there could be conflicts, one must pay close attention and back up all files being modified.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Thanks it works now. :D

But, now, I need a way to have one product sold by 2+ vendors. The way my site works is that one product is sold by a vendor in California and another vendor in New Jersey. Depending on which location it's being shipped to, the customer automatically gets a shipping quote.

Particularly, what I'm looking for is that particular products (grouped by manufacturer) being shipped to California are shipped from within California, and if those products are to be shipped to other states, then they are shipped from New Jersey.

Edited by airbeds

Err, nevermind. There was a misunderstanding on my part about what I had to do. But now I have a technical problem: I can't seem to get the USPS shipping method to work. the UPS choice is working just fine with MVS, but the USPS always comes up with an error when you get to checkout_shipping.php. I'm trying to get USPS to only work for international shipments outside of the US, so in the admin menu, the only option I checked off was Express under Int'l. I'm not quite sure why it's not working. I've signed up for a new USPS account and put in the user ID and password in /admin, and I've tested to see if the mod works by changing Testing/Production mode back and forth. Help me, please. :( Thanks.

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction here. I just installed MVS 1.1 and have it enabled in Admin/Configuration. When putting an item in the cart and going to checkout it says that there in the caculations, please contact store owner. If I don't use MVS the UPS and USPS shipping works.

It doesn't make any difference if I have the standard osc UPS & USPS modules set to true or false.

I have checked the 2 module configurations set the same as in the osc version.

The item that I am using to test if set to the vendor that has the UPS & USPS modules installed. It seems for some reason that UPS & USPS can't be contacted to get the quotes.

Thanks

Allen

Sorry to post so many times in a row >_< but I still can't seem to find the answer to my problem after extensive search. This previous post by Allen (aka bigal50) exactly matches my problem except that I'm only using USPS for international shipments. So, after he mentioned that his problem was fixed after inserting his zip code, I looked over my vendors' information. I left a few fields empty because I didn't think they were necessary:

• Address 2 (I don't have one to put in)
  • Website
  • Account Number/ID (I don't even know what this is)
  • Additional Info
  • Image (I don't want/need one)

I've also got to mention that I tried to fix the problem using the usps.php in the MVS 1.1 package and the update for May 14, 2007 to no avail. I'm losing sleep over this! Help, please!

MVS seems quite interesting, but I'm not sure if it will work for me or not. My scenario is like this.

I have several vendors located in different parts of the world. They each have their own products and have their own shipping rates based on weight and destination. They ship their products worldwide.

I want to put their products in my store, and sell internationally.

Can MVS do what I need? Do I need to add any additional modules to MVS?

Yes, Nigel, you have to setup a totally different shipping module for each vendor. Some can have a table rate by number of items, some can have a table rate by weight, some can have a per item charge, etc.

MVS allows you to assign many types of shipping charges, then everything gets added up together at the checkout for the customer to make one payment.

Has anybody managed to get Ship in Cart http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1781/ (or similar) to work with MVS

I have spent the last couple of days trying to get this to work, but can't seem to get it to function correctly

I really need a shipping estimator that works with MVS.

Thanks in advance for any help getting this to work.

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

Thanks MediaHound for your suggestion. I'm really a newbie to this MVS thing. You mentioned that I have to set up a totally different shipping module for each vendor. Is that included in the MVS package? If it's not, where can I find it? Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work for me.

I think I may have missed something in the installation or setup of my MVS.

These are the errors I receive at checkout:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATES_ZONE_1 in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php on line 113

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_INSURE_ in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 420

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATES_ZONE_1 in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php on line 113

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_INSURE_ in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 420

Here is line /includes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php on line 113:

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATES_ZONE_' . $vendors_id) > 0) ) {

Here is /includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 420:

if (constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_INSURE_' . $vendor_id) == 'False') {

Any comments on what I should consider, look at, do, change, etc. would be awesome. Also, if additional information is required to understand this, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

I think I may have missed something in the installation or setup of my MVS.

These are the errors I receive at checkout:

Here is line /includes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php on line 113:

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATES_ZONE_' . $vendors_id) > 0) ) {

Here is /includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php on line 420:

if (constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_INSURE_' . $vendor_id) == 'False') {

Any comments on what I should consider, look at, do, change, etc. would be awesome. Also, if additional information is required to understand this, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

For the first error: In includes/modules/vendor_shipping/usps.php, find all instances of MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATES_ZONE_ and replace them with MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_ZONE_. There's one on Line 113, Line 115, Line 140, and another on Line 144. This is an old bug that I thought we had fixed. Some bugs never die, it seems.

For the second error: This looks like a typo. Try replacing $vendor_id with $vendors_id in Line 420 (and anywhere else it snuck in.) Please let us know if this solves the problem, as it could be masking another error.

Regards

Jim

Yay!! That fixed this issue - thank you so much!!

Next issue:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class shipping in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 0

Should I post that issue somewhere else?

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Yay!! That fixed this issue - thank you so much!!

Next issue:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class shipping in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 0

Should I post that issue somewhere else?

No, that's an MVS error. Or more likely an editing error. That file should never be used -- we use /includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php instead. Take a look at checkout_shipping.php (around line 60ff) to see if the modifications are made. It should look like this:

//MVS
 if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'vendor_shipping.php');
$shipping_modules = new shipping;
 } else {
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');
$shipping_modules = new shipping;
$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
$cost = $cart->show_total();
$total_count = $cart->count_contents();
 }

If that is correct, then look around line 314 for the shipping module include. If it's not in one of those, check all changes to that file.

Regards

Jim