• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Yep - I using MVS 1.1 posted by bluecollarguy on April 1st 2006 from here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4129

That's awfully strange. I just downloaded it(again, must be about the 100th time I've downloaded that package to see if I missed something) and uploaded that file directly to my production server and all is fine. I copied it over to my testing server(PHP 5, and MySql 5.0) and it worked fine there as well.

Not sure how that could possibly be happening, but I guess if you've got it working that's all that counts.

Good luck, Craig :)

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie and I got OSCommerse JUST because of this awesome module. I am having some installation difficulties...

"Open your Admin panel, click on Configuration->Shipping/Packaging, then click on Use Vendor Shipping.

This must be set to "true" for this mod to work. You can return to normal osCommerce behaviour by setting this to "false". Also here, decide what type of email confirmation you want to send your customers(MVS detailed or normal osC) and when to send the Vendor the order email, you should test these settings to see what the "detailed" version looks like before deciding. Now click on Vendors in the left column. This will bring up the Vendor Manager, which is where you set the information about your vendors..."

OK, so I did that, but the Vendors link does not show up on the left hand column like in the demo. What happened? I was able to enable vendor shipping, but there is still no link...any thoughts? Please help! Thanks so much.

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie and I got OSCommerse JUST because of this awesome module. I am having some installation difficulties...

"Open your Admin panel, click on Configuration->Shipping/Packaging, then click on Use Vendor Shipping.

This must be set to "true" for this mod to work. You can return to normal osCommerce behaviour by setting this to "false". Also here, decide what type of email confirmation you want to send your customers(MVS detailed or normal osC) and when to send the Vendor the order email, you should test these settings to see what the "detailed" version looks like before deciding. Now click on Vendors in the left column. This will bring up the Vendor Manager, which is where you set the information about your vendors..."

OK, so I did that, but the Vendors link does not show up on the left hand column like in the demo. What happened? I was able to enable vendor shipping, but there is still no link...any thoughts? Please help! Thanks so much.

Have you added the link in your admin/includes/column_left.php file?

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Hi everyone!

Have you added the link in your admin/includes/column_left.php file?

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Ok, last call for help here. :(

Does ANYONE have MVS successfully integrated with Paypal IPN V1.4 or greater? I know of over 20 people here at the forums who would greatly benefit from this merge.

If so, then you have modified paypal_ipn.php with the MVS changes from checkout_shipping.php

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me if you have pulled this off!

Best of luck everyone!

Ok, last call for help here. :(

Does ANYONE have MVS successfully integrated with Paypal IPN V1.4 or greater? I know of over 20 people here at the forums who would greatly benefit from this merge.

If so, then you have modified paypal_ipn.php with the MVS changes from checkout_shipping.php

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me if you have pulled this off!

Best of luck everyone!

Sorry, I named the wrong file..

You must have changed paypal_ipn.php to match checkout_process.php

Thanks!

I have successfully installed the most recent MVS and would now like to install the latest OsCommerce Paypal IPN module. I have done multiple searches all over the forums looking for detailed instructions on how to install this mod without problems. However, no one has detailed out how to successfully integrate both. Would anyone be able to write a post detailing how to install the Paypal IPN mod? Or, just specify exactly what files need to be uploaded and which ones need to be manually done as well as what needs to be changed in them? I have seen a few posts about Paypal IPN and checkout_process.php but not enough information for me to go off of. Can anyone please help? I would prefer not to install it until I know it can be done and work correctly. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Just to update for all who are needing the MVS and OS Commerce PayPal IPN to work together. I am probably not the best person for the job but it seems like no one else wants to take it on. I am in the process of getting them to work nicely with each other without throwing too many temper tantrums. It is proving to be more than I expected but I don't give up so don't loose hope. :)

I have received many PMs concerning these two contribs and I promise that as soon as I get it solid it will be in the MVS files. I am hoping that I can finish in a week or less. If anyone would like to help or knows more than I do I am not proud, I will accept help. :)

I have succeeded in getting the extra email and the update from Preparing [PayPal IPN] to whatever you have it set to update to when paypal verifies the money.

The rest will take a bit more time.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi guys,

Got this on my webserver and it's fine. I still get the error on my local version though - weird. There are more opening braces than closing ones in that file so the error it throws does seem right - but whatever - as long it works where it's going to live it's fine and dandy with me :)

Quick question - I noticed with the UPS module that you can choose which shipping choices are displayed through a particular vendor (for example Next Day Air can be selected to be the only shipping choice during the summer months). This is a fantastic feature - but my client uses MVS with FedEx and the FedEx MVS module doesn't seem to have this option? Any ideas?

cheers

Jason

Currently I have the uspsMethods contrib installed, for more than a year. I am now looking at the features/advantages in the MVS contrib. Can anyone tell me how the USPS module works in MVS and whether MVS simply replaces my current USPS shipping module? Or, does MVS use my existing USPS module?

Also, I haven't seen anything in this forum regarding the May 14th changes to USPS rates and services. Does that mean that this issue is not specifically impacting MVS code?

thanks for any information,

Ron

Currently I have the uspsMethods contrib installed, for more than a year. I am now looking at the features/advantages in the MVS contrib. Can anyone tell me how the USPS module works in MVS and whether MVS simply replaces my current USPS shipping module? Or, does MVS use my existing USPS module?

Also, I haven't seen anything in this forum regarding the May 14th changes to USPS rates and services. Does that mean that this issue is not specifically impacting MVS code?

thanks for any information,

Ron

MVS uses modified versions of the osCommerce shipping modules. The current USPS module provided with MVS 1.1 is a modified version of USPS Methods version 2.5. This should work for you. If not, you can modify any osCommerce shipping module to work with MVS. Instructions are in the modules.txt file in the distribution, and help is available here if you get stuck.

As far as I know, the May 14 change only affects the rates. Since the USPS module gets the rates from the USPS server, this should not be a problem. If they have added new services that you want to use, then the module would have to be modified to request quotes for those services.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Quick question - I noticed with the UPS module that you can choose which shipping choices are displayed through a particular vendor (for example Next Day Air can be selected to be the only shipping choice during the summer months). This is a fantastic feature - but my client uses MVS with FedEx and the FedEx MVS module doesn't seem to have this option? Any ideas?

Anyone?

MVS uses modified versions of the osCommerce shipping modules. The current USPS module provided with MVS 1.1 is a modified version of USPS Methods version 2.5. This should work for you. If not, you can modify any osCommerce shipping module to work with MVS. Instructions are in the modules.txt file in the distribution, and help is available here if you get stuck.

As far as I know, the May 14 change only affects the rates. Since the USPS module gets the rates from the USPS server, this should not be a problem. If they have added new services that you want to use, then the module would have to be modified to request quotes for those services.

Regards

Jim

Thank you so much for this information. As I understand it, the USPS changes will affect more than rates. Possibly domestic shipping will only change for rates, but there are many service changes in USPS international shipping. Among others, Global Express Mail and Global Priority Mail are to be realigned into Express Mail International, Priority Mail International and First Class Mail International. I don't ship internationally currently, so I haven't dug into the details much. As long as domestic works, I'm happy for now.

Thanks again,

Ron

I have MVS 1.1 installed and in test, but I may see a deal-breaker already. I hope I am wrong, but the test scenario is this...

I don't drop ship, I ship everything from my store.

Widget #1 can only be shipped USPS Priority Mail

Widget #2 can be shipped either First Class Mail or USPS Priority Mail

My customer buys one of each of these items, and selects Priority Mail on Widget #2 (it would be better if the only shipping method the customer is shown is Priority Mail, but that is another story). Obviously, I am shipping both of these items, so I ship them in one box, with one Priority Mail shipping fee. However, checkout is charging my customer the Priority Mail shipping charge twice, once for each item.

I have Widget #1 assigned to Vendor #1, my default shipping method, USPS Priority Mail. I have Widget #2 assigned to Vendor #2, assigned to a combination of USPS Priority Mail and USPS First Class Mail. Is this the correct setup?

Is this normal behavior of MVS? Please say no, as I have spent hours and hours already.

Ron

Hello,

I have MVS running and working fine. I have UPS XML enabled and it seems to work fine as well except for one thing. I am needing to add $3 handling charge to all items shipped via UPS. I see that it is an option for the UPS XML module. So I input 3.00 in the box, hit ok. It saves the information but when I go to the site to test it it does not reflect back on the price of shipping nor does it have an additional handling fee associated with the basket. Anyone know what may be causing something like this to happen? Please get back to me ASAP if possible. I am reahcable via email: [email protected], AIM: criceX, yahooIM: chazb0tt or MSN: [email protected]

Thank you!!!!

I am using USPS Methods 2.7a. I ship many packages First Class Mail. On May 14th USPS is not only changing rates but also services. The First Class Mail will have three (3) levels of package rates: Letters, Oversize Envelopes, and Packages. It appears that there will be some problems for those sending Packages First Class Mail.

Can anyone tell me what modifications will need to be addressed?

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

Ok, I have MVS installed and working. Thanks to those involved in it's development! It's obviously taken some serious dedication.

I have two minor questions, which would make using this contrib easier and more intuitive, at least for me.

First, on the orders page, there is a new button for vendor_packingslip. For all other buttons, (clicking on the original button for packingslip, for example) the button opens the packingslip in a new window. However, the new button which opens vendor_packingslip redraws my window, so that there is a back arrow in my browser. I am sorry that I don't know the correct windows terms here. The frustration is, that I often close the window and have to reload my browser from scratch. I don't quite understand how buttons function, so I don't know where to look.

Second, when going to the edit page to edit a product in the catalog, the new Products Vendors field defaults to NONE, which is equivalent to my 1st Vendor. I find that when I make some random change to a product, I inadvertantly change the Vendor assignment. What would need to be changed to have it "remember" it's setting?

thank you for any help,

Ron

I have just corrected the MVS USPS module to work with the May 14 updates and will be adding it to the contributions section shortly. If possible I'd like other people to test this as well and let me know your results. The only thing that required a change as far as I can tell so far was the international rates.

*IMPORTANT* : To install the new module you must first Remove the old USPS modules from any vendors you have it setup with and then upload the new module and install it.

Could anybody please post checkout_shipping code here after applying MS1.1?

I'm getting crazy trying to solve my headers sent issue:

TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site213/fst/var/www/html/checkout_shipping.php:66) in /home/virtual/site213/fst/var/www/html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

So thanks for just pasting the code!!!

Could anybody please post checkout_shipping code here after applying MS1.1?

I'm getting crazy trying to solve my headers sent issue:

TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site213/fst/var/www/html/checkout_shipping.php:66) in /home/virtual/site213/fst/var/www/html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

So thanks for just pasting the code!!!

Anybody there? I would appreciate somebody to post checkout_shipping.php code...

Thanks in advance