• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

That's too bad Craig, but I am really hoping someone will step up, as I am willing to donate to get the job done.

Sorry for not specifying, but yes, it should work as order total, not per vendor. It should be optional selectable (eg. a tickbox, not a radiobutton - the customer must still select a shipping method) and add a static amount to the shipping charge when select.

Argh, edit didn't work. I just wanted to add that Free Shipping - which is an MVS module - works like order total. At least it counts the total order amount disregardless of vendor.

The standard osC "Free Shipping"(set up from Order Totals) module should work based on the order total, not considering any vendor information. I have personally never checked though. I assume you have set it up and it didn't work? I think I have seen a post or 2 about this though, did you do a search through the thread for it?

If you have tried all of the above, post what exactly is wrong, with any errors, and we can see if we can work through it.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I tried searching through this thread as well as the whole contribution forum, but I couldn't find anything helpful.

So you're suggesting the standard Free Shipping module can somehow be rewritten to offer Insurance instead? How can it be done as an option for customers, though? I don't know how to do this, as my php coding is rather limited, and I am still learning oscommerce, that's why I am offering a donation instead.

I tried searching through this thread as well as the whole contribution forum, but I couldn't find anything helpful.

So you're suggesting the standard Free Shipping module can somehow be rewritten to offer Insurance instead? How can it be done as an option for customers, though? I don't know how to do this, as my php coding is rather limited, and I am still learning oscommerce, that's why I am offering a donation instead.

No, that particular module should work as is, it should not need to be modified in any way, MVS should have no effect on it's function as it does not change the "order total" system in osC, only the shipping calculations. If it doesn't work, you would need to work with any support thread for that module.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I got it working now after a few tries, now I just need to change the module from calculating lots of things to using a static price. But I won't hijack your thread anymore concerning that.

Thanks once again for the tips Craig :)

Well, this should only be able to happen if you also have the "flat rate" shipping module set up(or whatever module you are using for Free Shhipping) for that Vendor as well. Double check that the ONLY shipping module enabled for that Vendor is the one for you want. If this really is the case, then I am so completely perplexed that I can't even guess what the problem might be.

Probably not much real help, sorry, Craig :)

I am so confused! :huh:

:blush: I was so sure that I checked and double checked to be sure that there was only one shipping module selected for that vendor?!!

I must have been up too late or something. Anyway, it turns out that I had the free shipping module installed in the same vendor that I also had the per item shipping module installed. (I am so sure that I checked that ??) Something very strange is going on here. :blink:

So, long story short. All is well, no problems here. Well, as far as that goes anyway.

Thanks Craig!

Gary

Can someone help me here please

I have installed this onto a clean vanilla osc and copied all the files over and completed all the instructions to a T

I have two problems

1. Emails are not being sent to the vendors

2. Orders are not being shown in the vendors orders area

Can anyone please shed any light on this

Thanks

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Can someone help me here please

I have installed this onto a clean vanilla osc and copied all the files over and completed all the instructions to a T

I have two problems

1. Emails are not being sent to the vendors

2. Orders are not being shown in the vendors orders area

Can anyone please shed any light on this

Thanks

I have been seeing complaints about the orders not updating lately and still have not been able to replicate this in any way other than by messing up the code in catalog/checkout_process.php. The emails are probably a server configuration issue, were you able to send emails with the stock version of osC? And did the orders update properly with the stock version of osC? We recently saw a user who found the issue(I think he was having problems with the changes in the Admin not being saved to the database) by switching servers(the mysql version tuned out to be the problem).

I would suggest doing some testing with a standard osC install, that way you can eliminate your server as the issue.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I have been seeing complaints about the orders not updating lately and still have not been able to replicate this in any way other than by messing up the code in catalog/checkout_process.php. The emails are probably a server configuration issue, were you able to send emails with the stock version of osC? And did the orders update properly with the stock version of osC? We recently saw a user who found the issue(I think he was having problems with the changes in the Admin not being saved to the database) by switching servers(the mysql version tuned out to be the problem).

I would suggest doing some testing with a standard osC install, that way you can eliminate your server as the issue.

Hi Craig and thanks for the reply - It is appreciated :)

I did try both on a heavily modded and clean install of osc and a converted version and your version. I have done a complete reinstall of the site from the backup (Yes I do back up ;) ) and dug in the application top file as there were some errors being thrown from some code in there. I stripped the site back and put a new application top file in and added your code - This has solved the issue and it is now working as designed

Thanks for this great contribution - I do think I am more than capable of sorting things out normally but this had me stumped so instead of fiddling around in the code I started fresh - Only took me 2 days to do that :-" (wood trees comes to mind)

Thanks again

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Hey all,

Just wanted you to know that it is possible to get IPN and MVS to work together. It does take some work as mentioned above. Plan on spending a couple of hours copying, pasting and debugging! I would recommend doing all the work and testing on something other than your live store. PayPal IPN also hijacks the emails that get sent out as well so some of the afternoon that we did the IPN conversion was spent fixing the order emails.

Has anyone given any more thought about an option to combine all the shippers common methods into one set of quotes. For example, if all 4 of your warehouses ship UPS and the customer orders a few products from each then instead of providing them with a shipping screen that has tons of options for each warehouse just have one list of UPS rates that are the combined totals of using all warehouses in the same way.

Hi there,

I'm struggling to integrate MVS with the IPN module.

Would it be possible for you to post your changes here ?.

Looks like there are a few people interested in this.

Thanks - Cliff

I have the same problems, no orders in order list, no products in Vendors Products Report, no emails sent etc.. because I installed register global patch (cause mine is set "OFF").

I finally got it working, just set register global on in php.ini. Some contributions not working, now they seem all working fine like, anti robot reg, super contact us enhancement..

so after installing all the contributions within MVS, i receive an error:

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/catalog/images/

the problem is.......i have changed all my path names in configure.php to be using httpsdocs...NOT httpdocs...

anyone know where in the code included with an updated MVS it is trying to look for the images directory under httpdocs instead of httpsdocs?

thnx

I guess what needs to be done is selecting products_id and products_image from TABLE_PRODUCTS and products_id from TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, compare the two products_id somehow, and if they are the same print the products_image. Anyone knows how to do this?

I guess what needs to be done is selecting products_id and products_image from TABLE_PRODUCTS and products_id from TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, compare the two products_id somehow, and if they are the same print the products_image. Anyone knows how to do this?

Your on the right track here, if you have this much of an idea, take a look at the "product_info.php" file, search for "products_image" and you will find all the references to pulling and displaying the product image. From there, you should be able to work out how get it, and how to display it(what size and such).

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

so after installing all the contributions within MVS, i receive an error:

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/catalog/images/

the problem is.......i have changed all my path names in configure.php to be using httpsdocs...NOT httpdocs...

anyone know where in the code included with an updated MVS it is trying to look for the images directory under httpdocs instead of httpsdocs?

thnx

This error is coming from something you did in that file(configure.php), your settings in that file locate EVERY directory for osC.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Your on the right track here, if you have this much of an idea, take a look at the "product_info.php" file, search for "products_image" and you will find all the references to pulling and displaying the product image. From there, you should be able to work out how get it, and how to display it(what size and such).

I started my own thread in this forum regarding the matter (just missing how to print out multiple product images), since after I had done some thinking I figured it wasn't really specifically related to MVS. But thanks for the tip again Craig, you're the best. :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble making the settings in the Vendor Shipping Module stay when I try to update them. I have installed the UPS module, and then after I click edit, I enter in my settings and click update. The problem is, once I do that the settings revert back to the default. I have tried numerous times, all with the same result. I was hoping you guys could help me out, and tell me where/how to correct this.

thanks in advance:-D

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could helkp as to whether this was suitable or not.

We are just rolling out our online store and we have 2 locations 1 in the USA and 1 in the UK - AVS would appear to be perfect but I just want to check how tax is added.

EG IF something ships from our UK store to a UK resident then 17.5% vat needs to be added but if ships to a US resident 0 tax needs to be adeded

likewise if something ships form our USA store to the USA then tax needs to be added depending on state but if it goes to the UK then no tax needs to be added.

Does AVS have this flexibility?

Thanks

Stuart

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble making the settings in the Vendor Shipping Module stay when I try to update them. I have installed the UPS module, and then after I click edit, I enter in my settings and click update. The problem is, once I do that the settings revert back to the default. I have tried numerous times, all with the same result. I was hoping you guys could help me out, and tell me where/how to correct this.

thanks in advance:-D

Another user had posted recently the same problem, he discovered there was a problem with his mysql version, read back several pages(2 or 3, maybe 4) and you should find his posts.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could helkp as to whether this was suitable or not.

We are just rolling out our online store and we have 2 locations 1 in the USA and 1 in the UK - AVS would appear to be perfect but I just want to check how tax is added.

EG IF something ships from our UK store to a UK resident then 17.5% vat needs to be added but if ships to a US resident 0 tax needs to be adeded

likewise if something ships form our USA store to the USA then tax needs to be added depending on state but if it goes to the UK then no tax needs to be added.

Does AVS have this flexibility?

Thanks

Stuart

I assume you mean "MVS" not "AVS"? If so, the taxes are not actually handled by MVS 'per sey', taxes are still handled by osCommerce, so the accurate answere is: you should be able to do what you are asking about with osC and MVS installed.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I assume you mean "MVS" not "AVS"? If so, the taxes are not actually handled by MVS 'per sey', taxes are still handled by osCommerce, so the accurate answere is: you should be able to do what you are asking about with osC and MVS installed.

Thanks for the reply I am new to this and did not relise that oscommerce had that level of funcitonality built in - I thought it had just one set of tax rules which would not be compatible with having depots in multi countries with different tax rules.

Thanks for the reply I am new to this and did not relise that oscommerce had that level of funcitonality built in - I thought it had just one set of tax rules which would not be compatible with having depots in multi countries with different tax rules.

On to my next no doubt dumb query :-) Is it possible t set each Vendor / location to have a different default currency?

As we have depots (vendors) in different countries.

Thanks

Stuart

On to my next no doubt dumb query :-) Is it possible t set each Vendor / location to have a different default currency?

As we have depots (vendors) in different countries.

Thanks

Stuart

Now the currencies would be an issue. There is nothing within MVS that deals with the currency, that is all handled by osC, and I don't think osC has the ability to use different currencies for different products. You may be able to find another contrib that can do that though.

Try this one: Show Price in each Currency

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Now the currencies would be an issue. There is nothing within MVS that deals with the currency, that is all handled by osC, and I don't think osC has the ability to use different currencies for different products. You may be able to find another contrib that can do that though.

Try this one: Show Price in each Currency

Thanks for all your help at the moment I am trying to get the florida sales tax working correctly for multiple counties using this mod

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4939

But alas on the checkout_confirmation.php page it is just not seeming to be working...

IS that a new page with the avs add on?

Thanks

Stuart