• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Paypal WPP and MVS works fine together... I am using that. PM me if you have questions.

My problem is with MVS and Paypal IPN ... I can't find a solution for that anywhere.

So.. for the record ..

Paypal WPP and MVS = Happy

Paypal IPN and MVS = Sad

:)

I understand your issue, in the forums, IPN has been discussed several times:

in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php, edit with the changes from catalog/checkout_process.php

The IPN contrib bypasses the update functions of osC and does that work on it's own, if you are using the version from the osC developers, you have to do the same thing with module file, paypal_ipn.php.

Good luck

(Tried editing my post, but it didn't work)

blucollarguy: I just have one more question. Do you know if MVS _at least_ works with the following contribution: Package Tracking with Email Mod, NewFields, and Easy Populate (I desperately need to be able to import products and have EP work with both NewFields and MVS)?

I think I'm gonna reinstall and see if that helps, depending on the answers you give me.

MVS should work fine wiht all of these. You would need to do a good bit of manual editing however, as they ALL effect may of the same files. You will need to also merge changes for EP, there is a version of EP for MVS, you will probably need to work through that with the changes for the "New Fields" contrib.

Just take your time and use a compare program, you will get it.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Thanks for the tips Craig :)

About the EP version for MVS, do you know where I can find that? I looked through both contribution pages for both mods, but I couldn't find it?

There are copies in both the main EP page(you will need to dig down through the versions, there has not been an update to it for quite a while) and on the OLD MVS download page(do a search for Multi Vendor, and you will find the old page).

Good luck, Craig :) :thumbsup:

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Thanks again Craig, installation went much smoother this time around.

Notably I only have one problem now. When I click Manage My Store, and click on Install, the page just refreshes quickly and nothing happens. In what file/where does this function lie so that I can check if I forgot something?

Nevermind about that, I did another clean install and copied it all over. One thing, though, and keep in mind this is a stock install, when I edit the Vendor to change name, etc... and press Update it says "The requested URL /oscommerce/admin/update was not found on this server." I can't remember reading anything about that in the installation instructions?

Hopefully I will be able to get everything to work in conjunction with the other mods I use. I will let you know how things turns out.

Edited by JangoF

Hey all,

Just wanted you to know that it is possible to get IPN and MVS to work together. It does take some work as mentioned above. Plan on spending a couple of hours copying, pasting and debugging! I would recommend doing all the work and testing on something other than your live store. PayPal IPN also hijacks the emails that get sent out as well so some of the afternoon that we did the IPN conversion was spent fixing the order emails.

Has anyone given any more thought about an option to combine all the shippers common methods into one set of quotes. For example, if all 4 of your warehouses ship UPS and the customer orders a few products from each then instead of providing them with a shipping screen that has tons of options for each warehouse just have one list of UPS rates that are the combined totals of using all warehouses in the same way.

iofast, that's great news. Has that been posted as a contribution somewhere, by the way? Since I am doing a reinstall of oscommerce at the moment, it would be great knowing if I can install Paypal IPN or if I have to go with the standard Paypal module.

Hey all,

Just wanted you to know that it is possible to get IPN and MVS to work together. It does take some work as mentioned above. Plan on spending a couple of hours copying, pasting and debugging! I would recommend doing all the work and testing on something other than your live store. PayPal IPN also hijacks the emails that get sent out as well so some of the afternoon that we did the IPN conversion was spent fixing the order emails.

Has anyone given any more thought about an option to combine all the shippers common methods into one set of quotes. For example, if all 4 of your warehouses ship UPS and the customer orders a few products from each then instead of providing them with a shipping screen that has tons of options for each warehouse just have one list of UPS rates that are the combined totals of using all warehouses in the same way.

Cool! If you could post the paypal_ipn.php file as a contribution that would be a great help to the community!! If you do, please let me know!

:thumbsup:

There are copies in both the main EP page(you will need to dig down through the versions, there has not been an update to it for quite a while) and on the OLD MVS download page(do a search for Multi Vendor, and you will find the old page).

Good luck, Craig :) :thumbsup:

Well I found "EasyPopulate with Vendors Auto Email support" on the EP-page, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it? It's a 3 year old contribution, so I don't know if it would work with today's osC at all? I also looked through the old mvs contribution page withouth finding anything, and I couldn't find the old thread, maybe it has been purged from the forums?

I really wish there were some manual instructions for adding MVS support to EP. :(

I have a unique problem I believe, the products we sell are individual boxes. Once a customer adds more then one product to their shopping cart, it needs to be set as more then one package through the UPSXML quote system instead of 1. I can't set it to tear because we have a lot of different sized packages. It seems that the dimension support for UPS does not work, has there been a fix for it? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thankyou,

Jon

Nevermind about the EP questions, Craig. Guess I am just frustrated today. I believe I have found a good solution, and will post it here tomorrow if I get to work.

I just have two simple questions related to adding a new product:

Vendors Price(Base) - what significance does this have on the product?

Vendors Item Number - what's this for?

Nevermind about the EP questions, Craig. Guess I am just frustrated today. I believe I have found a good solution, and will post it here tomorrow if I get to work.

I just have two simple questions related to adding a new product:

Vendors Price(Base) - what significance does this have on the product?

Vendors Item Number - what's this for?

The vendor item and price is for your information - when you have different vendors and you are selling their products they generally have their own product numbers as well as prices. You can use the base vendor price to predict your margin of profit vs. the difference in what you actually paid for that product from your vendor (minus drop ship fee if they exist, and if you built your pricing list around it).

A very useful tool if I do say so myself.

I ran the log off of UPSXML, because for some reason with the dimension support for "ready to ship" the program is instead of spitting out 1 package for 32 pounds it is spitting out (3 packages for 32 pounds).

Here is the log file:

Edited by central50

Question about MVS orders :

I recently installed a "Manual Order Maker" contribution, which is nice because I can manually create orders in the Admin section. It works really well for phone orders.

The contribution basically allows you to create a customer, and then you use the edit_orders.php file to add products, shipping costs, etc.

HOWEVER, I noticed that it does NOT create the orders in MVS format. The first few lines of edit_orders.php determine if this is an MVS order or not :

//check for MVS
  $this_is_an_mvs_order = false;
  $check_for_mvs_query = tep_db_query("
  SELECT orders_shipping_id 
  FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " 
 WHERE orders_id = '" . $_GET['oID'] . "'");

while ($checked_data = tep_db_fetch_array($check_for_mvs_query)) {
	  $mvs_shipping_id = $checked_data['orders_shipping_id'];
				}

if (tep_not_null($mvs_shipping_id)) {
			 $this_is_an_mvs_order = true;
			 }

//end check for MVS

Well, this is obviously where my new Manual Order maker contrib is failing.

So, does anybody know how I can force my manual order to be a "MVS Order" ?

Thanks!

The vendor item and price is for your information - when you have different vendors and you are selling their products they generally have their own product numbers as well as prices. You can use the base vendor price to predict your margin of profit vs. the difference in what you actually paid for that product from your vendor (minus drop ship fee if they exist, and if you built your pricing list around it).

A very useful tool if I do say so myself.

Never mind, I modified the vendor_shipping class to automatically tare the products into the number of items in the shopping cart using the count_contents variable and then divide the weight of the total shipment weight by the contents and then round it off.

All done.

For everybody who wants to import/export the vendors_id in MVP with Easy Populate, I finally managed to include the vendors_id with EP (with a little help from surfalot, who helped me fix up something with two other fields I was including). Here is how to do it:

1. Open up easypopulate.php

FIND:
$default_these = array(

INSERT BELOW 'v_products_quantity',:
'v_vendors_id',

FIND:
'v_status'			=> $iii++,

INSERT BELOW:
'v_vendors_id'		=> $iii++,

FIND JUST BELOW IT:
p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity,

INSERT:
p.vendors_id as v_vendors_id,

FIND:
$sql = "SELECT

INSERT BELOW p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity,:
p.vendors_id as v_vendors_id,

FIND:
$query = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." (

INSERT BELOW products_quantity,:
vendors_id,

FIND:
$query .="				'$v_products_model',

INSERT BELOW '$v_products_quantity',:
'$v_vendors_id',

FIND:
$query .= '", products_weight="'.$v_products_weight .

INSERT BELOW , products_quantity="' . $v_products_quantity .  :
'", vendors_id="' . $v_vendors_id .

2. That's it, you're all done. :)

On a second note, here are the order I installed my mods in when reinstalling osCommerce (could be useful for some people):

Contributions that I found to be incompatible with MVS:

Package Tracking with Email Mod2 1.54 (I tested it 3 times, no go.. maybe you have more luck than me - anyway, MVS works fine with Shipping Status 3.3.1 for those wanting tracking functionality)

Installation order:
MVS 1.1
Shipping Status 3.3.1
Seach Engine Friendly URL (including doubleslash fix) v1.10
Easy Populate
New Fields with Easy Populate 19 May 2005
About_FAQ_Store_Privacy_Conditions_SQL
Add_customer_details_to_Contact_us_v1
All Categories
osCAffiliate v2.5
Automatic Thumbnail Creator v1.0 - (Auto Delete Mod)
Opt-Out Unsubscribe Newsletter
Clean up Images from Server
Froogle_bizrate_yahoo_feeds_1_12
Upload Images
Product sold per MonthYear
Quick_stock_update_v2-5_1_1
SEO_Assistant_V_1.7
Tricks/Tweaks (changing logo, title, that sort of things)
Store in Root

Finally, I am looking for a simple Insurance mod that will work with MVS. Basically it should be very simple: allow me to setup a fixed price for the insurance, and secondly, allow the customer to choose if he wants insurance or not during the checkout. Anyone knows of a usable one?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe this? http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...earch,insurance

Anyone knows if it works with MVS?

Edited by JangoF

For everybody who wants to import/export the vendors_id in MVP with Easy Populate, I finally managed to include the vendors_id with EP (with a little help from surfalot, who helped me fix up something with two other fields I was including). Here is how to do it:

SNIP....

2. That's it, you're all done. :)

On a second note, here are the order I installed my mods in when reinstalling osCommerce (could be useful for some people):

SNIP... (again)

Finally, I am looking for a simple Insurance mod that will work with MVS. Basically it should be very simple: allow me to setup a fixed price for the insurance, and secondly, allow the customer to choose if he wants insurance or not during the checkout. Anyone knows of a usable one?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe this? http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...earch,insurance

Anyone knows if it works with MVS?

I can't help you with the insurance thing, but there already is an EP for MVS, my apologies however for not being more specific, the Vendors Auto-Email contrib was where MVS came from(that was my first major step towards MVS), and therefore, is also for MVS. I am sorry for not posting this before, but it just recently occured to me that many of the users of MVS nave no idea that the 2 contribs are related.

Again, my apologies, Craig :blush: :-"

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I don't know if any one else has had any trouble with the table rate calculating incorrect shipping charges when you are basing it of off product total in the costumers cart but I was.

I looked for a while and did not find any one mentioning this so I had a look at it myself to see if I might be able to hack around and get lucky.

Problem I was having was no matter what the total of the cart was it still only showed the minimal charge for shipping.

This is what I did to fix it if anyone is interested.

Also, if anyone can see that this will cause me problems somehow please let me know.

open your catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping/table.php file and find around line 94 the following code:

//Get a quote
function quote($method = '', $module = '', $vendors_id = '1') {
  global $HTTP_POST_VARS, $shipping_weight, $order, $cart, $shipping_num_boxes;

if (@constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_MODE_' . $vendors_id) == 'price') {
	$order_total = $shipping_cost;
  } else {
	$order_total = $shipping_weight;
  }

Change this snippet of code to:

//Get a quote

$order_total = $cart->show_total();
  } else {
  }

Notice that I am only changing one bit of code on (or around) line 99.

The only difference between the two is line 99 says $order_total=$cart->show_total(); instead of $order_total=$shipping_cost;

Hope this helps someone out!

Gary

<snip>

//Get a quote

$order_total = $cart->show_total();
  } else {
  }

Notice that I am only changing one bit of code on (or around) line 99.

The only difference between the two is line 99 says $order_total=$cart->show_total(); instead of $order_total=$shipping_cost;

Hope this helps someone out!

Gary

Unfortunately this is a known bug. The fix was posted a while back, but I can't even find it now, so here it is again. Replace the last 5 lines of your code snippet with this:

$order_total = $cart->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'];
  } else {
	$order_total = $cart->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['weight'];
  }

This uses the total cost and weight for the current vendor instead of the entire cart.

It appears that I've been missing a lot here. The forum software seems to have decided to unsubscribe me from absolutely everything. I just thought you lot were being really quiet. As if that will ever happen....

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Unfortunately this is a known bug. The fix was posted a while back, but I can't even find it now, so here it is again. Replace the last 5 lines of your code snippet with this:

$order_total = $cart->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'];
  } else {
	$order_total = $cart->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['weight'];
  }

This uses the total cost and weight for the current vendor instead of the entire cart.

It appears that I've been missing a lot here. The forum software seems to have decided to unsubscribe me from absolutely everything. I just thought you lot were being really quiet. As if that will ever happen....

Regards

Jim

Thank you Jim, I had not checked to see if it gave the correct shipping with other vendors products included in the cart. I am really glad you read my post. :D

Thanks for the correct coding!

Gary

Does anyone know anything about a bug that causes a shipping option to show up where it shouldn't?

Example:

In the Vendors admin -

I have a vendor named Coeur touche'.

I also have a Vendor that I named Free Shipping.

I have some products that I wish to offer free shipping for. The Manufacturer is set to Coeur Touche' (that's who it is) and the Products Vendor is set to Free Shipping (that's the vendor I created by that name under admin vendors).

The rest of the Products by this same Manufacturer have the Products Vendor set to Coeur Tcouhe' and there is a charge for shipping.

Now here is the problem I am having.

During checkout it will offer Free Shipping (the vendor ID Free Shipping, which is free shipping) and the shipping that I have set up for the Vendor Coeur Touche' for the Products that should only have Coeur Touche shipping associated with them. They do not have free shipping associated with them.

Obviously if your customer is given the choice - something for free or pay, they are going to take it for free.

Anyone know of a solution to this problem? What may be causing it? Where I should start looking?

Gary

Does anyone know anything about a bug that causes a shipping option to show up where it shouldn't?

Example:

In the Vendors admin -

I have a vendor named Coeur touche'.

I also have a Vendor that I named Free Shipping.

I have some products that I wish to offer free shipping for. The Manufacturer is set to Coeur Touche' (that's who it is) and the Products Vendor is set to Free Shipping (that's the vendor I created by that name under admin vendors).

The rest of the Products by this same Manufacturer have the Products Vendor set to Coeur Tcouhe' and there is a charge for shipping.

Now here is the problem I am having.

During checkout it will offer Free Shipping (the vendor ID Free Shipping, which is free shipping) and the shipping that I have set up for the Vendor Coeur Touche' for the Products that should only have Coeur Touche shipping associated with them. They do not have free shipping associated with them.

Obviously if your customer is given the choice - something for free or pay, they are going to take it for free.

Anyone know of a solution to this problem? What may be causing it? Where I should start looking?

Gary

Well, this should only be able to happen if you also have the "flat rate" shipping module set up(or whatever module you are using for Free Shhipping) for that Vendor as well. Double check that the ONLY shipping module enabled for that Vendor is the one for you want. If this really is the case, then I am so completely perplexed that I can't even guess what the problem might be.

Probably not much real help, sorry, Craig :)

I'm getting really desperate about getting the Insurance contribution (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1069/) to work with MVS now.

I am wondering if anybody is willing to convert this (the 2.02 version) so that it works with MVS? Maybe a small donation can help move things along?

Sorry for no reply before, but I don't really have time myself to get into it. It is designed as an "order total" module, which means it should work as is. It will NOT work "per vendor", but will function according to the total amount of the order. If you need it to work "per vendor", that will take a bit more work as we have done anything with the "vendor" system to work with the order totals. Sorry, but for now, it is not in the plans either, way down on the list.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!