• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I am in need of help

I think it is something small i am missing...

every thing works fine with my mvs 1.1 so far but i cannot add a new vendor through the vendor.php page

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'vendors_id' at row 1

insert into vendors (vendors_id, vendors_name, vendors_contact, vendors_phone1, vendors_phone2, vendors_email, vendors_send_email, vendors_status_send, vendor_street, vendor_add2, vendor_city, vendor_state, vendors_zipcode, vendor_country, account_number, vendors_url, vendor_add_info, handling_charge, handling_per_box, tare_weight, percent_tare_weight, max_box_weight, zones) values ('', 'tesg2', 'heyu', '111111', '1111111', '', '0', '3', '11111', '', '', 'mn', '33333', '1', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '')

[TEP STOP]

At first i thought maybe its a database issue or rights issue.. so i went to my database admin tools "sqlyog" and cut and paste the string directly into the query tool and it work. Tried a few other ways of this string and they all worked... i rememebr when i first installed this contrib, i had to rem out all the rem lines in the sql scrip and run it manually.. all tables were created and all table updates executed just fine..

I can edit vendors from the php page just fine as well.. i just cannot add a new one... please help

I solve this issue on my own.. yay.. seems that i havent been waisting my time learning and cramming all this stuff for the past few months now... ahhh

the problems is , i think, is the way how the translation works when running this stuff on windows 2003. the sql string works great from any admin tool and even the command line but doesnt from the php page.. IIS??? php under 2003? mysql handler under 2003?? who knows

but this is what i did - this is the original code

$sql_data_array = array('vendors_id' => $vendors_id,
                               'vendors_name' => $vendors_name,
                               'vendors_contact' => $vendors_contact,
                               'vendors_phone1' => $vendors_phone1,
                               'vendors_phone2' => $vendors_phone2,
                               'vendors_email' => $vendors_email,
                               'vendors_send_email' => $vendors_send_email,
                               'vendors_status_send' => $vendors_status_send,
                               'vendor_street' => $vendor_street,
                               'vendor_add2' => $vendor_add2,
                               'vendor_city' => $vendor_city,
                               'vendor_state' => $vendor_state,
                               'vendors_zipcode' => $vendors_zipcode,
                               'vendor_country' => $vendor_country,
                               'account_number' => $account_number,
                               'vendors_url' => $vendors_url,
                               'vendor_add_info' => $vendor_add_info,
                               'handling_charge' => $handling_charge,
                               'handling_per_box' => $handling_per_box,
                               'tare_weight' => $tare_weight,
                               'percent_tare_weight' => $percent_tare_weight,
                               'max_box_weight' => $max_box_weight,
                               'zones' => $zones);

$sql_data_array = array('vendors_name' => $vendors_name,
                               'zones' => $zones);

this is what i changed it to... I believe it has to do with how the mysql handler for windows deals with certain sql calls based on column type in the table. Something i have had alot of experience with using ms sql ect... yes im a windows guy

since vendors_id is a pri key with auto_increment.. i just deleted this part out of the sql string.. looks like this

$sql_data_array = array('vendors_name' => $vendors_name,
                               'zones' => $zones);

Works good now! Keep up the good work with this stuff. I Love it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:::thumbsup:

Hello all,

I have been searching for an answer for this, but no luck. After having some faults with other modifications, I decided to start from scratch and use a standard non modified version of Os and copy over all the files that have been edited by MVS already, then build up from there.

Problem is there seems to still be a bug in the program. It comes and goes, but I am just confused by it. It usually pops up after you goto the shopping cart or sometimes through different product pages and index (where ever the shopping cart module shows on the right side).

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_RETURN, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/allmykid/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 444

I have checked multiple times in this file with no success. What gets me is that file has been untouched - it came straight out of the zip package for MVS and has not been touched since.

My cart's url is:

http://www.4allmykids.com/

Any help will be greatly helpful, thank you.

-Jon

It sounds like your server may be interpreting line endings differently than the format of the file is showing. What you can try is go to the end of line 444 and delete the "return" from there so that there is NOT a blank line after it. It could be as simple as that.

IF that doesn't do it, try uploading it in another format(ASCII or BINARY) and see if that helps.

That file shoould be ok so it is probably something of that nature.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

It sounds like your server may be interpreting line endings differently than the format of the file is showing. What you can try is go to the end of line 444 and delete the "return" from there so that there is NOT a blank line after it. It could be as simple as that.

IF that doesn't do it, try uploading it in another format(ASCII or BINARY) and see if that helps.

That file shoould be ok so it is probably something of that nature.

Thank you for the quick reply! I took your advice, but at the end of line 444 there is no return. Its the $virtual_check_query string. I may have an answer, not sure though..

while (list(, $value) = each($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'])) {
             $virtual_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and pa.options_values_id = '" . (int)$value . "' and pa.products_attributes_id = pad.products_attributes_id");

My office network is very slow running off a slow desktop with a proxy. What I think is happening is either the proxy or the browsers cached the page with the errors from yesterday (the modified version I had online that was not working correctly) and when I try to view these pages now when the connection gets to a crawl it pulls the cached page with the error. All I do is hit "refresh" and its gone.

I had someone who is on a totally different network do the exact same steps I did (look through the products, and a couple of items to their cart and then look at their shopping cart) which brought errors for me, but did not bring any errors for them.

If this can be confirmed that would be awesome that its just cached pages, but if not then more research..

Thank you again for the quick help!

Thank you for the quick reply! I took your advice, but at the end of line 444 there is no return. Its the $virtual_check_query string. I may have an answer, not sure though..

while (list(, $value) = each($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'])) {
             $virtual_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and pa.options_values_id = '" . (int)$value . "' and pa.products_attributes_id = pad.products_attributes_id");

My office network is very slow running off a slow desktop with a proxy. What I think is happening is either the proxy or the browsers cached the page with the errors from yesterday (the modified version I had online that was not working correctly) and when I try to view these pages now when the connection gets to a crawl it pulls the cached page with the error. All I do is hit "refresh" and its gone.

I had someone who is on a totally different network do the exact same steps I did (look through the products, and a couple of items to their cart and then look at their shopping cart) which brought errors for me, but did not bring any errors for them.

If this can be confirmed that would be awesome that its just cached pages, but if not then more research..

Thank you again for the quick help!

After taking a look at my error logs, it appears that this "error" has to be happening from the caching on the proxy. I looked at the error logs and the only ones that I saw was 2 errors of 471 that I put in there to see if anything would come up. I saw those but non of these 444 line errors so I think I am in the clear.

Thank you for the help again!

Are you debugging checkout_process.php? That is the file that actually updates the database with the order info, and then sends the emails. Double check all your edits there, very important file.

If you look through that file, you will be able to work out the various arrays of data, and you can then check each one by adding the debug code to the top of that file. This will aslo prevent the order from being completed, so you will be able to continue to work with it by hitting the back button, updating/changing any files you think need it, and then trying to check out agian.

Craig :)

You know when its Friday its the end of the work week.... And I can finally say that MVS is ready for deployment. All the errors that I had with the install of MVS where all me. All I can say all is thanks Craig (BlueCollarGuy) for all your help I have learned more about OSC during this install than ever ! Now I have the itch to learn PHP more. Again thanks alot and I hope to help out in the future to further the development of MVS its a great contribution to OSC...

The Other Craig

Hi

Is there any way that the webmaster can receive an order email? Right now I don't receive any email when a new order is placed. I have to log on all the time? I have activated "send exstra order email to" - but it doesn't work when Vendor is active - or am I missing something here??

Helle :-)

I meant to put this in here orginally but ended up creating a new topic. WHOOPS !!!

Let's say there's a infinite number of all products available from vendor a. I wouldnt care too much about inventory, right?

Well let's say that that I buy some closeouts and want to sell them. I only have a finite number that needs to be controlled.

Is there a way to do this with MVS?

Jeff

Hi

Is there any way that the webmaster can receive an order email? Right now I don't receive any email when a new order is placed. I have to log on all the time? I have activated "send exstra order email to" - but it doesn't work when Vendor is active - or am I missing something here??

Helle :-)

Helle, MVS should not effect standard order emails, you should double check all your edits in checkout_process.php, that file does all order update work and sends the emails. You will see in that file where the customer is sent their order email and where the "send extra order emails" is set up. If for whatever reason, that isn't working(I have encountered a number of sites myself where this is the case) you can hardcode your own email there.

I meant to put this in here orginally but ended up creating a new topic. WHOOPS !!!

Let's say there's a infinite number of all products available from vendor a. I wouldnt care too much about inventory, right?

Well let's say that that I buy some closeouts and want to sell them. I only have a finite number that needs to be controlled.

Is there a way to do this with MVS?

Jeff

Jeff, the best suggestion I would have for this is to create a new Vendor for this purpose, and turn on "Stock Tracking" in your store, updating the products you don't want to worry about stock to a very large number of stock, and the others with the true number.

Could be a pretty time cosuming process if you have a lot of products, but if you have not been tracking stock, and now you want to track stock, I think that is the only way to handle it.

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I would just like to follow-up and let everyone know what I did wrong in the hopes it will help someone else in the future.

And it was a simple error that anyone could have made -- I over wrote the language files with the wrong file named the same as in the top file -- so while I was doubling checking all the other files they checked out and those were the last files I checked (ugh). But I've got it all working so far and I'm still tweaking but its believe everyone about the backup, backup, backup -- also I've found taking notes as I go along helps if I have to go and backtrack my steps through the code.

Additionally something that has been a extremely helpful tool and timesaver is WinMerge -- if you're doing this then getting a good file comparison tool is a MUST HAVE!

I hope this helps others in the future.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "I over wrote the language files with the wrong file named the same as in the top file". I am receiving the same message you were.

Thanks,

Gary

I did notice that! And that's a good thing!

I really can't think of any other cause. As far as I know, you are the only one who has ever had this problem. I would suggest only signing up for a host on a one month(or less if possible) contract, just in case you encounter the same problem. There certainly are plenty of hosts to choose from. I know that the package works with:

Server Host:	   (an IP address noone needs to see)		   Database Host:	  localhost (127.0.0.1)
Server OS: 			 Database: 	MySQL 4.1.9-max
Server Date: 	Feb 14, 2007 at 07:07 PM 		 Datebase Date: 	Feb 14, 2007 at 07:07 PM
Server Up Time: 	
HTTP Server: 	Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.0
PHP Version: 	5.2.0 (Zend: 2.2.0)

If you use that as reference, I can only guess it will work for you.

Good luck, Craig :) :thumbsup:

Craig, Thanks for your Help!

Exactly as I thought, it was the mysql version that was causing the problems. I have now switched servers and have the same setup as above. Everything works beautifully!

On a side note, I'm still trying to merge MVS and FEC but the checkout_shipping.php is giving me all sorts of headaches. You mentioned sometime back that you knew of someone who had succesfully merged them, could you point me in their direction or is there a way to get in touch with that person. I would love to see their checkout_shipping.php file and get this thing solved! Thanks again!!

Regards,

Thomp

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "I over wrote the language files with the wrong file named the same as in the top file". I am receiving the same message you were.

Thanks,

Gary

I think what he did was he put the file: catalog/checkout_shipping.php in the languages directory or something of that nature.

Craig, Thanks for your Help!

Exactly as I thought, it was the mysql version that was causing the problems. I have now switched servers and have the same setup as above. Everything works beautifully!

On a side note, I'm still trying to merge MVS and FEC but the checkout_shipping.php is giving me all sorts of headaches. You mentioned sometime back that you knew of someone who had succesfully merged them, could you point me in their direction or is there a way to get in touch with that person. I would love to see their checkout_shipping.php file and get this thing solved! Thanks again!!

Regards,

Thomp

Email me and I will send you some files to work with.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I am posting this in the MVS thread (in addition to the PayPal WPP thread) in hopes that someone may have ran accross this problem before and may have a solution. I have MVS installed and working great but I wanted to add the PAyPal WPP as well. I run into a problem when it comes time to integrate the two codes found in checkout_shipping.php. I can not simply copy the PayPal WPP over what is in my checkout_shipping.php file. My checkout_shipping.php file had to be modified for Multi Vendor Shipping (MVS). My store will be useless to me without MVS so I have to make the two work together. I have both php files below, Is there anyone that can help me with this merge. Has anyone done this yet.

Thanks,

Gary

Thank you Craig.

Gary

(blucollarguy @ Mar 1 2007, 07:35 PM)*
(gmltw @ Mar 1 2007, 03:22 PM) *Could you elaborate on what you mean by "I over wrote the language files with the wrong file named the same as in the top file". I am receiving the same message you were.

Thanks,

Gary

I think what he did was he put the file: catalog/checkout_shipping.php in the languages directory or something of that nature.

(Thomp @ Mar 1 2007, 06:42 PM) *Craig, Thanks for your Help!

Regards,

Thomp

Email me and I will send you some files to work with.

Does anyone have a solution for running MVS with Paypal IPN ?

I find it hard to believe that out of all the MVS users, no one is using Paypal IPN.

I'm begging for help here! Anybody?

Please reply here or send me a PM if you have ANY info at all!

Thanks all!

Does anyone have a solution for running MVS with Paypal IPN ?

I find it hard to believe that out of all the MVS users, no one is using Paypal IPN.

I'm begging for help here! Anybody?

Please reply here or send me a PM if you have ANY info at all!

Thanks all!

Try this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...hlite=%2BPayPal

If you look through the first page or so, you may find your answer.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Try this:

Hello Craig,

I have the same question as phi148 and macombmarineparts and many others (it appears) in the past. I reviewed each and every post in the link that you provided abvoe and did not see a solution. I did see that there was a person or two that said they had it working together but they did not leave any examples of how they integrated the code from MVS and PayPal WPP. Maybe I missed something.

I wrote to them in hopes that they are still around and have the solution and will write back (and I am hoping they are using the most recent versions). We will see.

Thank you for your help, if I ever get this solved, I will post the solution in clear details as best I can so that others can find it more easily.

Gary

Try this:

Hello Craig,

I have the same question as phi148 and macombmarineparts and many others (it appears) in the past. I reviewed each and every post in the link that you provided abvoe and did not see a solution. I did see that there was a person or two that said they had it working together but they did not leave any examples of how they integrated the code from MVS and PayPal WPP. Maybe I missed something.

I wrote to them in hopes that they are still around and have the solution and will write back (and I am hoping they are using the most recent versions). We will see.

Thank you for your help, if I ever get this solved, I will post the solution in clear details as best I can so that others can find it more easily.

Gary

Try this:

Hello Craig,

Gary

Try this:

Hello Craig,

Gary

Try this:

Hello Craig,

Gary

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the forums, but I'm trying to install MVS 1.1 on osC 2.2. I completed installing the Admin part, but I got an error saying:

1146 - Table 'oscommerce.table_vendor_configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION

I browse through the forums and added the necessary stuff to database_tables.php, but when I visit the admin pages now all I get is a blank page!

It's worth nothing that I have several other contributions installed, including Clean up Images from Server, Easy Populate, osCAffiliate v2.5, and in particularly NewFields.

Can anyone help with fixing this?

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the forums, but I'm trying to install MVS 1.1 on osC 2.2. I completed installing the Admin part, but I got an error saying:

I browse through the forums and added the necessary stuff to database_tables.php, but when I visit the admin pages now all I get is a blank page!

It's worth nothing that I have several other contributions installed, including Clean up Images from Server, Easy Populate, osCAffiliate v2.5, and in particularly NewFields.

Can anyone help with fixing this?

Did you run the sql? It sounds like you didn't, since the table being referenced is from the MVS sql.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Paypal WPP and MVS works fine together... I am using that. PM me if you have questions.

My problem is with MVS and Paypal IPN ... I can't find a solution for that anywhere.

So.. for the record ..

Paypal WPP and MVS = Happy

Paypal IPN and MVS = Sad

:)

Did you run the sql? It sounds like you didn't, since the table being referenced is from the MVS sql.

I'm positive that I ran the sql correctly, as phpmyadmin returned 'sql has been executed successfully', plus I can see the tables and stuff there.

I followed the installation instructions to the letter (by the way, the admin part can work without the frontend, right?) Are you sure MVS won't conflict with another mod? Because one of the things in the installation instructions I had to change a tiny bit. The section that says:

//MVS start Many additions here, the order they are listed is very important: all new fields have vendor or vendors in the name, (ie,

Because of the NewFields contribution, I had to add in two entries manually after replacing the original code with the MVS contribution. I dunno how important the order those tables appear in really is?

(Tried editing my post, but it didn't work)

blucollarguy: I just have one more question. Do you know if MVS _at least_ works with the following contribution: Package Tracking with Email Mod, NewFields, and Easy Populate (I desperately need to be able to import products and have EP work with both NewFields and MVS)?

I think I'm gonna reinstall and see if that helps, depending on the answers you give me.