• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I can set individual shipping rates for multiple items quickly, but not one-by-one. It takes too long. I wonder if there is a contrib for adding this field to the new product page...

Yes there is an addition to the admin/categories.php file to be made. If you download the original "Indiv-Ship" contrib, you will find the needed code implementations there, install that according to the instructions excluding ALL changes to the files in the "catalog" side of the shop.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi all,

Anyone know how to add a "Low order fee" PER VENDOR ?

Some of my vendors have a $50 dollar fee if the total sales is not greater than 350.00.

I'd like to apply this low order fee to the individual vendor.

Anyone done this?

THANKS! :thumbsup:

Nobody has done this? :(

HI Folks! :D

I've run into a pretty serious issue and I dont know even where to begin debugging it. Any suggestions are more than welcome!

For some reason, after I have "installed" shipping options for any particular vendor, I am unable to edit those shipping options. I can enter the edit screen, and change the values but the update just wont work. None of my changes will register in the database.

What part of the code do I need to fix to get this function to work again??

Thanks for your help!!

:blush:

-Thomp

Nobody has done this? :(

I don't think any one has. One would have to write a custom "order_totoal" module that would take the "Vendor" information form the cart and decide what the fee, if any, would be applied. It can be done, just will take a little work to get all the variables passed to the module properly so that it can then do the math it needs to do.

I've run into a pretty serious issue and I dont know even where to begin debugging it. Any suggestions are more than welcome!

For some reason, after I have "installed" shipping options for any particular vendor, I am unable to edit those shipping options. I can enter the edit screen, and change the values but the update just wont work. None of my changes will register in the database.

Thanks for your help!!

-Thomp

This is a very strange problem, can't tell you what code to work on since the code is no more than a "form" passing information and then updating the database. I am positive that the files in the package on the contrib page are written correctly to do this since there are literally thousands of folks using them.

The more approprate question seems to be: what is different about your environment that is causing the problem?

Do you have any coding experience? What I would do in your case is add print(echo) statements in the vendor_modules.php file in a spot where the data that is "posted" to be added to the database is posted to.

Something like this:

echo 'the $value: <pre>' . print_r($value) . '</pre><br>and the $key:  <pre>' . $key . '</pre>';

I would place this code at around line 24 or 25 so that the block of code from @ line 20 to @ line 26 would be:

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
switch ($action) {
  case 'save':
	while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

echo 'the $value: <pre>' . print_r($value) . '</pre><br>and the $key:  <pre>' . $key . '</pre>';

if( is_array( $value ) ) $value = implode( ", ", $value);

This should print out onto your screen all of the values that you entered while updating the shipping information.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Thanks for your help!!

-Thomp

Make sure that you're editing the shipping modules in the "vendors_shipping" folder and not the "shipping" folder.

RonR

This is a very strange problem, can't tell you what code to work on since the code is no more than a "form" passing information and then updating the database. I am positive that the files in the package on the contrib page are written correctly to do this since there are literally thousands of folks using them.

The more approprate question seems to be: what is different about your environment that is causing the problem?

Do you have any coding experience? What I would do in your case is add print(echo) statements in the vendor_modules.php file in a spot where the data that is "posted" to be added to the database is posted to.

Something like this:

I would place this code at around line 24 or 25 so that the block of code from @ line 20 to @ line 26 would be:

switch ($action) {
  case 'save':
	while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

if( is_array( $value ) ) $value = implode( ", ", $value);

This should print out onto your screen all of the values that you entered while updating the shipping information.

Hi Craig, thanks for your help!

I tried adding the echo to the location you suggested. Nothing happened after I had installed it and tinkered around with the shipping options in the vendor shipping module admin side. No text, no info, no update.

I wouldnt think my environment is the culprit, but could my other contribs be preventing MVS from working? I have BOF, SEO and FEC installed. All are running just fine. Have you heard any incompatibility issues with these and MVS? If there is, which files could be causing the problem? I've been going over all the modified files and just cant see what could cause this problem.

Thanks again!

-Tuomo

Hi Craig, thanks for your help!

I tried adding the echo to the location you suggested. Nothing happened after I had installed it and tinkered around with the shipping options in the vendor shipping module admin side. No text, no info, no update.

I wouldnt think my environment is the culprit, but could my other contribs be preventing MVS from working? I have BOF, SEO and FEC installed. All are running just fine. Have you heard any incompatibility issues with these and MVS? If there is, which files could be causing the problem? I've been going over all the modified files and just cant see what could cause this problem.

Thanks again!

-Tuomo

If you got no response from this then the form is not submitting properly at all. Move the echo outside the block that begins with "switch" and add the variable: $action, like this:

echo 'the $value: <pre>' . print_r($value) . '</pre><br>and the $key:  <pre>' . $key . '</pre> and the $action:  ' . $action;
switch ($action) {
  case 'save':

And see if the action is being set at all. It sounds like your losing all posted data, which I have dealt with on a couple of hosts servers myself, I have had to go back through ALL code and manually set sessions for all variables, and then be sure to "unset" all the sessions after the work of the form submission is finished. Very tedious work and a BIG pain in the @%#.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

And see if the action is being set at all. It sounds like your losing all posted data, which I have dealt with on a couple of hosts servers myself, I have had to go back through ALL code and manually set sessions for all variables, and then be sure to "unset" all the sessions after the work of the form submission is finished. Very tedious work and a BIG pain in the @%#.

Thanks. I did that and got this in response: :'(

the $value:

and the $key:

I'm able to do changes elsewhere in the shop, its just the MVS module that is not updating the database. Are the session variables different somehow than what I am running right now? Ive got the latest version of OsC.

-thomp :blink:

problems with vendor email: admin/vendor_email_send.php

I tried testing out sending a vendor email, which happens in admin/vendor_email_send.php.

Initially, it shows a preview of what the email will look like, and this looks fine. It also has a textarea box where you can modify the email. You can see all the html markups.

The problem comes when I receive the email. I must not be using an html-enabled email client. But when I view the email, it looks awful. None of the linebreaks show up, and the tables don't show up as tables.

Here is the way it looks:

To:   <vendorname>[email protected],	United States------------------------------------------------------Special Comments or Instructions:  ------------------------------------------------------From: <customername><customer address>
<city>, <state>  <zip> 
<phone>Accnt #: ------------------------------------------------------Order Number: 9712------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shipping Method: pips2 -- Shipping------------------------------------------------------Dropship deliver to:<customername><customeraddr><city>, <state> <zip>
Qty:Product Name:Item Code/Number:Product Model:Per Unit Price:Item Comments:  <qty1> <item1> <info1> ... <cost1> <qty2> <item2> ...   <cost2>

Is there a simple way to modify the email so that it will look reasonable in a non-html-enabled email client?

I tried changing all breaks "<br>" to carriage returns: "\r\n"

but this was a disaster, because the code calls stripslashes all over the place, and that changes "\r\n" to "rn".

Does anyone have a simple solution to this? Sorry if this was already discussed, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

-Lori-

Thanks. I did that and got this in response: :'(

the $value:

and the $key:

I'm able to do changes elsewhere in the shop, its just the MVS module that is not updating the database. Are the session variables different somehow than what I am running right now? Ive got the latest version of OsC.

-thomp :blink:

What I don't see thomp, is the "$action" variable, add that in so we know is being set. But you can see that you aren't getting ANY data passed to the file to update the database. I guess you should double check the "form" build to make sure there are no errors or missing code there, the form get's built around line 240, "tep_draw_form". I would sat to just look through the file very closeley to and see if looks like anything is out of place. This is a VERY strange problem, so I am just guessing at all of this from a "troubleshooting" standpoint.

Good luck, Craig :(

problems with vendor email: admin/vendor_email_send.php

I tried testing out sending a vendor email, which happens in admin/vendor_email_send.php.

Initially, it shows a preview of what the email will look like, and this looks fine. It also has a textarea box where you can modify the email. You can see all the html markups.

The problem comes when I receive the email. I must not be using an html-enabled email client. But when I view the email, it looks awful. None of the linebreaks show up, and the tables don't show up as tables.

Here is the way it looks:

To:   <vendorname>[email protected],	United States------------------------------------------------------Special Comments or Instructions:  ------------------------------------------------------From: <customername><customer address>
<city>, <state>  <zip> 
<phone>Accnt #: ------------------------------------------------------Order Number: 9712------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shipping Method: pips2 -- Shipping------------------------------------------------------Dropship deliver to:<customername><customeraddr><city>, <state> <zip>
Qty:Product Name:Item Code/Number:Product Model:Per Unit Price:Item Comments:  <qty1> <item1> <info1> ... <cost1> <qty2> <item2> ...   <cost2>

Is there a simple way to modify the email so that it will look reasonable in a non-html-enabled email client?

I tried changing all breaks "<br>" to carriage returns: "\r\n"

but this was a disaster, because the code calls stripslashes all over the place, and that changes "\r\n" to "rn".

Does anyone have a simple solution to this? Sorry if this was already discussed, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

-Lori-

You can simply replace the <br>'s with \n's or whatever your system supports, or you can go to your Admin, under Configuration->Email Options, and set "Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails" to true, that should fix your email problem.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

You can simply replace the <br>'s with \n's or whatever your system supports, or you can go to your Admin, under Configuration->Email Options, and set "Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails" to true, that should fix your email problem.

Thanks Craig! I think the admin change to the Email Options fixed the problem, at least for emails that can read html. (I hope that is most people--I'm not sure.)

The other option, replacing <br>'s with \n's, didn't work, because the function "stripslashes" is called in a bunch of places, and that removes the backslashes, so the newlines go away ("\n" becomes "n").

-Lori-

Thanks Craig! I think the admin change to the Email Options fixed the problem, at least for emails that can read html. (I hope that is most people--I'm not sure.)

The other option, replacing <br>'s with \n's, didn't work, because the function "stripslashes" is called in a bunch of places, and that removes the backslashes, so the newlines go away ("\n" becomes "n").

-Lori-

That's correct about the stipslashes function, you would have to double them there (\\n) in order for that to work.

You should be ok witht the proper "mime" setting, most clients are blocking images more than just "html" so most people should be able to get the email formatted properly.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your help with this. I'm really miffed. Ive gone over the vendor_modules.php a few times new, compared it with modules.php and cant really find anything a miss. :blink:

I just dont get it. The modules.php works just fine, but the vendor_modules.php doesnt. Like you said, the values are not being passed between the database and the form. I just cant figure out how to fix it.. or where to even begin! :'( could it possibly be some other file that is messing the update up?

I dont even get any error messages into my server logs. Its just really really weird.

The database looks correct, just as the installation says.

I've tirelessly tried to check the other contribs; FEC, HTC and Ultrapics that they dont interfere with MVS. What am I missing here?

Appreciate your help!!

-thomp :'(

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your help with this. I'm really miffed. Ive gone over the vendor_modules.php a few times new, compared it with modules.php and cant really find anything a miss. :blink:

I just dont get it. The modules.php works just fine, but the vendor_modules.php doesnt. Like you said, the values are not being passed between the database and the form. I just cant figure out how to fix it.. or where to even begin! :'( could it possibly be some other file that is messing the update up?

I dont even get any error messages into my server logs. Its just really really weird.

The database looks correct, just as the installation says.

I've tirelessly tried to check the other contribs; FEC, HTC and Ultrapics that they dont interfere with MVS. What am I missing here?

Appreciate your help!!

-thomp :'(

I don't know what else to tell you, thomp, I am at a loss. I have NEVER seen such an issue before. It really is nothing more than a form like every other form in osCommerce.

I will try to keep thinking about it and if I come up with any more ideas I will let you know.

Good luck, Craig :huh:

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I'm looking for someone to integrate the MVS contribution into my existing shop. I have been told that because I have so many contributions installed, it would be extremely hard to put the new code in and be sure the shop would worked right.

I hind sight, I would have put these ones in first but that was a year ago.

So now I need MVS, MVS Order Editor, Quantity Price Breaks for SPPC and no way to get them in.

I can do the menial work, but not anthing complicated.

Do I need to start over? Can someone actually be hired to perform this install?

Here is a list of my contributions installed by me so far if that helps fuel a challange.

(I think this is them all, they all seem to play nice with each other right now.)

Contribution Tracker

Header Tags Controller V2.6.2 Complete

Fedex Freight 0_6

Easy Populate & Products Attributes 2.9(ready for MVS Quantity Price Breaks for SPPC)

coolMenu

htaccess - phpaccess for osc

Individual Product Shipping Methods

Add Weight To Product Attributes v0.1

Live Support v1.2c

FedEx Real Time Quotes 2.06

Text Area For Packing Slip

Attributes Copier

AJAX Attribute Manager

SPPC attributes mod rev. 1

Short Description in products

Category Descriptions under pic

Print Sticky Labels

Category & Manufacturers name in Product_Info Page

Printer Friendly Product Page

Send email to customers with an attachment included

SEO Assistant V_1.4

Prof_Invoice&PackingSlip_v0.2_1

contrib_PIvaCF_2.51

InternetSecure

ZipShip Mod

X-Sell

Whos Online enhancement

US lower 48 zone

Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.2.2

SuperTracker

Square Corners

spiders_38

Spell Checker

product_availability_v1.03

Price Match Request

Poll

Page Heading Title

Order_IP_Recorder_1.3_fix

OntarioCanadaTaxZonesSetup

MZMT_Shipping_v1.101

Master Password

Ip Recorder for Create Account

IP Ban

shippingstatus

hide_products_for_cg_sppc_v103a

Google Site Map

Down for Maintenance

Customer Private Messages

Contact US IP recorder

Collect Residential Commercial info for shipping

cDynamic Meta Tags

Catagory Listing Mod

Catagory Descriptions

Catagories Box Enhancement

Breadcrumb for Admin

BlackList

Banned Emails

Automatic currency value updater

Attribute Sort

Active Countries

account_create_in_admin

monthly_sales_and_tax_2.2

Wholesale_Inquiries

quick_stock_update_v2-5_1_1

Admin Notes v2.3

Order Editor

Purchase Order Credit Account

sppc_specific_taxes

Seperate Price Per Customer

Margin Report

Fedex Labels

basic_design_pack

Account agree

Add_Multi_Products_Checkbox _v1.0

Bundles

contact_us_fix_1_2

HeldOrders_v2_MS2_UserAbandonsOrder

HTML WYSIWYG Editor

Infoboxes

information_unlimited

LoginBox_5.21

pagerank

Print Order Receipt v1.4

PST&GST_seperate_order_total

Quantity Box in Product Listing v1.0

SSL Admin area

Welcome_Email_password

comments on invoice

image_magic1_13_1_2_3

PayPal Seal with CC images

Multi Zones Multi Tables

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5

Product Sort

quick_stock_update_v2-5_1_1

zipship

Request For Quote Freight_v1_2

Store Pickup

CanPar Shipping Module

information footer

Login and Return to same page

Super Contact US

TinyMCE 2.0.8

Ultimate Images Pack

:(

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

I don't know what else to tell you, thomp, I am at a loss. I have NEVER seen such an issue before. It really is nothing more than a form like every other form in osCommerce.

I will try to keep thinking about it and if I come up with any more ideas I will let you know.

Good luck, Craig :huh:

I started thinking, could this be caused by an old version of mysql not working with the MVS code? Particularly subqueries? As far as I know, the mysql that is on my server is version 3.23.37

If this is the case, how would I go about fixing this?

-thomp

First of all I want to thank everybody who has been working on this contribution and on upgrading and adding feature to it.

It seems like a great contribution with superb functionalities.

I will definitely install it.

As I understand, it will basically allow me to use different origin zipcodes for different products (among a lot of other things).

My question is: Can it take into account the customer's location to determine which origin zipcode to use?

I am located in Canada and I have customers in Canada and the USA.

All products for canadian customers ship from my location. Some products for USA customers ship from my suppliers (dropshipping). Can this be done or will I need some modifications?

Thanks in advance,

KP.

I started thinking, could this be caused by an old version of mysql not working with the MVS code? Particularly subqueries? As far as I know, the mysql that is on my server is version 3.23.37

If this is the case, how would I go about fixing this?

-thomp

I suppose it is possible, but I did all my testing and development on a webserver I have in my house, and it was, at that time, running MySql 3.23. But I guess it could be. But, if you can work with your other modules(payment, order_total) then I would say that isn't it either since the "vendor_modules" file was written from the standard osC "modules" file in the admin.

I dunno thomp, I wish I could give you something more definite, but that's all I've got on your problem.

Craig :(

First of all I want to thank everybody who has been working on this contribution and on upgrading and adding feature to it.

It seems like a great contribution with superb functionalities.

I will definitely install it.

As I understand, it will basically allow me to use different origin zipcodes for different products (among a lot of other things).

My question is: Can it take into account the customer's location to determine which origin zipcode to use?

I am located in Canada and I have customers in Canada and the USA.

All products for canadian customers ship from my location. Some products for USA customers ship from my suppliers (dropshipping). Can this be done or will I need some modifications?

Thanks in advance,

KP.

KP, MVS does offer different ORIGIN zipcode(ship from locations) in order to offer an accurate shipping quote. MVS does NOT consider the customer's location at ANY point in the process. However, you can setup your "Vendors" using shipping modules that you isolate to the "zones" you want to use, all the shipping modules written for MVS should be "zones" compatible, meaning you can decide to only allow certain zones for any particular shipping module in order to check out.

You may need to add some additional text when there is not shipping available for a particular product, but that is not that big a deal.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I suppose it is possible, but I did all my testing and development on a webserver I have in my house, and it was, at that time, running MySql 3.23. But I guess it could be. But, if you can work with your other modules(payment, order_total) then I would say that isn't it either since the "vendor_modules" file was written from the standard osC "modules" file in the admin.

I dunno thomp, I wish I could give you something more definite, but that's all I've got on your problem.

Craig :(

KP, MVS does offer different ORIGIN zipcode(ship from locations) in order to offer an accurate shipping quote. MVS does NOT consider the customer's location at ANY point in the process. However, you can setup your "Vendors" using shipping modules that you isolate to the "zones" you want to use, all the shipping modules written for MVS should be "zones" compatible, meaning you can decide to only allow certain zones for any particular shipping module in order to check out.

You may need to add some additional text when there is not shipping available for a particular product, but that is not that big a deal.

Thanks a lot Craig. I will look into it when I install it.

Another quick question: How does MVS handle the situation where a customer orders a bunch of product that ship from different locations through FedEx for example. Does it get quotes for the individual products and then displays the sum of the quotes?

Thanks again.

I'm looking for someone to integrate the MVS contribution into my existing shop. I have been told that because I have so many contributions installed, it would be extremely hard to put the new code in and be sure the shop would worked right.

I hind sight, I would have put these ones in first but that was a year ago.

So now I need MVS, MVS Order Editor, Quantity Price Breaks for SPPC and no way to get them in.

I can do the menial work, but not anthing complicated.

Do I need to start over? Can someone actually be hired to perform this install?

Here is a list of my contributions installed by me so far if that helps fuel a challange.

(I think this is them all, they all seem to play nice with each other right now.)

Post CLIPPPED....

:(

You will definitely have to do some serious integration in order for MVS to work while still allowing everything else to work as well.

This type of conversation is not allowed on the osC forums, no commercial messages. Contact a few people from the forums via PM, and you can get more info on this.

Thanks a lot Craig. I will look into it when I install it.

Another quick question: How does MVS handle the situation where a customer orders a bunch of product that ship from different locations through FedEx for example. Does it get quotes for the individual products and then displays the sum of the quotes?

Thanks again.

Quick response: each product is assigned a vendor, each vendor has it's own shipping modules, when the customer checks out, a quote for each vendor's product(or products) will be shown to the customer, they will have to choose the method for each vendor(the group of products from each individual vendor).

LInks to the demo are in my signature.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

You will definitely have to do some serious integration in order for MVS to work while still allowing everything else to work as well.

This type of conversation is not allowed on the osC forums, no commercial messages. Contact a few people from the forums via PM, and you can get more info on this.

Quick response: each product is assigned a vendor, each vendor has it's own shipping modules, when the customer checks out, a quote for each vendor's product(or products) will be shown to the customer, they will have to choose the method for each vendor(the group of products from each individual vendor).

LInks to the demo are in my signature.

OK thanks a lot.

I hadn't seen the link in your sig :blush:

Oops, my bad.

:-

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction here. I just installed MVS 1.1 and have it enabled in Admin/Configuration. When putting an item in the cart and going to checkout it says that there in the caculations, please contact store owner. If I don't use MVS the UPS and USPS shipping works.

It doesn't make any difference if I have the standard osc UPS & USPS modules set to true or false.

I have checked the 2 module configurations set the same as in the osc version.

The item that I am using to test if set to the vendor that has the UPS & USPS modules installed. It seems for some reason that UPS & USPS can't be contacted to get the quotes.

Thanks

Allen