• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Light and the end of the tunnel, needs help

trollboy

Ok, after some heavy hacking and some grey hair.. MS2 is now reading the MS1 DB.

I discovered if I do a deault install, then point it at the old ms1 db after the fact, she works just fine.

except for the categories.. if I click on one I get:

Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 3 by reference in /home/chaosium/public_html/newcat/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 13

that's after running the msq_toms2 in the extra's folder..

the "Upgrade" option in the install still gives me a host of errors..

Any help?

the categories/products admin page also gives this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_name' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, p.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_reorder, p.products_reorder_to, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_status from products p, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by products_name

well that should tell you ight there something is wrong with your database

operating a shop on a alreayd damaged Database is like building a Building ontop of a Damaged Foundation

it will be unstable at best

but I am not here to for that..

the awnser your question

the Feild "products_name" is not found in the table "products" you have to add that

how would it be broken on a WORKING catalog? Is there something I'm missing? if its broke, I certainly want to fix it.

well I dont know for sure that it is broken, but there has to be a reason you can not upgrade

Trying to use MS1 database structure on MS2 install will be tedious, since there were alot of changes in the database...

they are differant setups, which is why you need an upgadre script

if it was just pure php code changes then no upgrade would be required and you would not be getting this error

but there were things moves, and fields added that are not in MS1, so you will be getting these types of errors all over the place when trying to use a MS1 databse on a MS2 installation

ok, what errors and where did you get them, I thin I rememer reading them before, but everyones questions blends together after awhile...

I really think it will be best to figure out why the update did not work, better to fix it now, because it will only get worse as the project develops...

My errors where as follows:

Upgrade

* Address Book

* Banners

* Categories

* Configuration

* Currencies

* Customers

* Images

* Languages

* Manufacturers

* Orders

* Products

* Reviews

* Sessions

* Specials

* Taxes

* Whos Online

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/chaosium/public_html/catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/chaosium/public_html/catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

The database upgrade procedure was successful!

only 6 line 45 errors this time, but still no dice.. that table you asked me about before (address_book_to_customers) is gone now though..

line 45 error during upgrade is as follows:

only 6 line 45 errors this time, but still no dice.. that table you asked me about before (address_book_to_customers) is gone now though..

line 45 error during upgrade is as follows:

that is good iot was suppose to be, as I suspected there were things in your Databse not right

that Tables should have had something it

what as the Last thing the Upgrade Script Outputted

like "Updating Address Book .. done!"

???

Upgrade

* Address Book

* Banners

* Categories

* Configuration

* Currencies

* Customers

* Images

* Languages

* Manufacturers

* Orders

* Products

* Reviews

* Sessions

* Specials

* Taxes

* Whos Online

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/chaosium/public_html/newcat/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/chaosium/public_html/newcat/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

The database upgrade procedure was successful!

Archived