• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS methods not changing shipping amount

Hello,

I recently launched my store, and I thought everying was going well, but it looks like I didn't test things thoroughly enough.

I'm using the newest version of USPS from July 1, 2004.

When an european customer chooses their shipping choices, all of the selections are available. But no matter what they choose, after they continue on and choose their payment choice, they are billed for the most expensive shipping option, the global priority.

Has anyone ever come across this before? Immediate help would be appreciated.

Hello,

I recently launched my store, and I thought everying was going well, but it looks like I didn't test things thoroughly enough.

I'm using the newest version of USPS from July 1, 2004.

When an european customer chooses their shipping choices, all of the selections are available. But no matter what they choose, after they continue on and choose their payment choice, they are billed for the most expensive shipping option, the global priority.

Has anyone ever come across this before? Immediate help would be appreciated.

When you say "all selections are available" ... does that include options like:

GXG Document

GXG Non-Document

Express

Priority Lg

Priority Sm

Priority Var

Airmail Letter

Airmail Parcel

Surface Letter

Surface Post

????

If you don't have the above options, then Gklobal Priority may be the ONLY method of shipping that you offer and that they are eligable for.

It's a shot in the dark but if you don't have the extended international options installed, the contrib is here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ethods_2.7b.zip

I installed v2.7b and it works like a charm. Make sure you read the directions carefully though because you can either overwrite or modify files depending on whether or not you modified your site already. I would just modify to be safe.

Yes Indeed, all these options are available:

GXG Document

GXG Non-Document

Express

Priority Lg

Priority Sm

Priority Var

Airmail Letter

Airmail Parcel

Surface Letter

Surface Post

and if a user selects airmail letter, for say $4, they are still charged the global express rate.

one thing that i find strange, is that in the text file it says that i should be able to check off what options i would like to allow my users to choose, but strangely enough in admin -> shipping -> usps it doesnt have those checkboxes.

Hey Mike:

You're not alone. A customer from Oz just told me the same thing. All USPS options are available, and the cheapest one is default. But after you go on in checkout it sticks you with expensive Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document, not what you chose.

I've got the standard out-of-the-box UPSP module that came with MS2.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

• 1 month later...

Hello--

I am not using osCommerce (yet), but I do have ZenCart installed on a site and had the SAME problem with the USPS module. After several posts in the ZenCart board, I was told that the problem was an unresolvable bug. Just that week, the new version of ZenCart came out, so I upgraded and the USPS module had also been upgraded. Presto! My problem went away! The shipping method is now NOT automatically changing by the time you get to the confirmation page, great! I don't know what the changes are to the module that corrected that. That problem didn't happen for everyone, strange. One could compare the old module with teh new to see where the changes are.

Unfortunately, I now have a whole new round of problems with the USPS module, revolving around very inaccurate rates for International shipping destinations. I'm poking around in this board to see if I can find some help...

All comments appreciated!

JF ;)

• 9 months later...