• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Real" credit card processing company -recommend?

wickeddivine

Hi all.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.....

I currently use Paypal for credit card processing in my store. It seems that Paypal scares some people away, as one has to go to the PP site to actually make the payment, and some people think you have to have an account, etc.

I've looked into some "real" credit card processing companies if you know what I mean. But for all of them that I've found, you have to pay hundreds of dollars just to get set up with them.

Are there any card processing companies that would be fully integrated and seamless with a store that don't have such high start up costs?

This is Clifton Murphy, Co-Author of the linkpoint contribution and Reseller for both authorize.net and linkpoint.

There are a few options, we recommend authorize.net as its cheaper in the long run. We can set you up for only a $79.00 application fee for authorize.net, or with $0.00 fee with linkpoint, though the charges are higher for linkpoint.

If interested please visit http://www.hyperactivehosting.com/merchant-services.php

If you need to speak with us directly, contact info is in the signature. If you sign up for authorize.net merchant services with us, installation of the payment module is free of charge.

• 1 month later...

Actually, there are 100's of official authorize.net vendors that will give you FREE setup of an Authorize.net gateway when you open a merchant account with them.

In total, you shouldn't have to spend more than $50 to get your merchant account and authorize.net gateway set up. Monthly fee's, in total, should be around $30 per month, and transaction fees should be around 2.25% +.25 per.

If you pay more than that for a merchant account and payment gateway, you are getting ripped off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.