• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated FedEx Labels

spoot

So I put this in the fedex1.php code?  where do I put it in there?  Just add it at the end, or is there something I need to replace?

If you still have problems make the changes in the fedexdc.php. !!!Do not change the fedex1.php.!!!

The fedex1.php is just the way how it should look like. If you take some time and compare the

fedexdc.php (problematic) fedex1.php (working fine) files you could figure it out yourself.

Gabor

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabor -

Thanks for that logging information, it's cool. I'll mess with it & add it to the module.

Regarding shipments from/to Canada: someone named justken has posted a fairly extensive fix for this, starting around page 4 of this thread. More stuff I want to add to the module; but in the meantime, look over his posts & new code & see if it can help solve your problem.

Let us know how it goes -

Michael

I'll check it, thanks. I've already done some changes but I'm still not satisfied with the quality of my code (hard coded). I do not know how much time I can spend, but when I finish I'll publish my hacks (for inspiration).

Gabor

Edited by gorcsos

This is nasty. Please let me know what you hear from FedEx, & I'll try to hassle them as well. As far as I know, the cancel request is sending them everything they need; maybe that's not the case though.

Well, I think I got it working by hard coding the cancelData array, and blowing away the fedex_keys array. I probably broke something else in the process, but gorcsos' great logging code suggests to me this works.

$cancelData = array (

0 => '023',

1 => 'delete', // order number, optional

10=>MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ACCOUNT,

29 => $fedex_tracking,

498=>MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_METER,

3025 => $ship_type

);

// $cancelData = $fedex_keys+$cancelData;

$cancelData = $cancelData;

Ok, Fedex has verified I'm on their test server.  When I try to print a label I get the following error message:

"This transaction could not be completed. Please note the error message

below.

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 5012 : Account number not in database"

Fedex's response to this was "We confirmed your account is active on the test server.  We were able to ship successfully on the test server with the meter XXXXXXX and account number XXXXXXXXX. We would suggested that you ensure you are using the above meter and account in your transaction and that you are sending the transaction to the test server at gatewaybeta.fedex.com on port 443."

How do I make sure I'm sending the transaction to the test server at gatewaybeta.fedex.com on port 443?  Where do I check for that?

Thanks!  Charlie

>_< STUPID ME! I forgot to change the server to "test" in BOTH of the fedexdc.php files. I forgot that there was one in catalog/includes and one in catalog/admin/includes! That was clearly stated in the install instructions, but of course I missed it.

So, it works now! Thanks for everyone trying to help!

RE: Next steps with Fedex - What are they?

Would someone be kind enough to walk me through the next steps with fedex.

I have a working fedexdc module, I am on the test server, and I can print labels off of the test server.

I received a certificaiton email from fedex with 13 pages of ground scenarios and 2 pages of express scenarios.

Which scenarios do I choose?

How many labels do I need to print?

How do I run the scenarios? Do I place an order in my store, and then just enter the address info, weight, etc?

Looks like there is some weird stuff in the scenarios that the module doesn't ask for like Saturday Delivery, Box size, Insurance Value, etc. how do I account for that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What did I do to make everything not work. I get into the admin screen now, but none of the links i work on pull anything up. They werent linked to the right place before, but now they are. But when I click to add a product or anything nothing comes up.

after installing everything directly by the installation directions i got this when i go to my oscommerce/admin directory now: Unable to connect to database server!

Can somebody please help me ASAP?

Rich -

The database connection is managed by catalog/admin/includes/configure.php. Check that the updates you've made haven't changed anything else in that file.

Michael

RE:  Next steps with Fedex - What are they?

Would someone be kind enough to walk me through the next steps with fedex.

I have a working fedexdc module, I am on the test server, and I can print labels off of the test server.

I received a certificaiton email from fedex with 13 pages of ground scenarios and 2 pages of express scenarios.

Which scenarios do I choose?

How many labels do I need to print?

How do I run the scenarios? Do I place an order in my store, and then just enter the address info, weight, etc?

Looks like there is some weird stuff in the scenarios that the module doesn't ask for like Saturday Delivery, Box size, Insurance Value, etc.  how do I account for that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's a little absurd, I know. You really got to jump through the hoops.

You only need to make test labels for shipments you'll be making. I took the easy road with this module, really - I built it for someone who was only ever going to use ground shipments, so I didn't test the other shipments to any degree. Of course, they all should work.

I place a dummy order & enter the address info from the fedex test scenarios. For my first client, I just sent 3 ground shipment labels; that was enough for FedEx.

I hope this helps. The confirmation process is a bear, it's true.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

OK - Figured it out. Need to have a FedEx Shipped order first.

So I tested it, and it looks great - will save a lot of time.

Now, some questions:

When I ship on FedEx.com,

> I add a reference # to the label

> I use FedEx's address checking feature

> I have FedEx send the customer an e-mail and add a personal note.

> I print the shipment information, which includes the price

Can I do any of this with this contrib?

John Skurka

I have two questions.

1) Does this contribution require https connection to the admin side of your server?

2) When you ship through fedex ship manager i have signed up for the 10% discount rate does this pass through to this contribution?

Scott

I have two questions.

1) Does this contribution require https connection to the admin side of your server?

2)  When you ship through fedex ship manager i have signed up for the 10% discount rate does this pass through to this contribution?

Scott

The FedEx servers require an https connection.

This contribution doesn't do anything with rates - it just schedules shipments & makes shipping labels & manifests. I believe FedEx Realtime Quotes (which this contribution is currently tied to) will add whatever discount you've got from FedEx.

OK - Figured it out.  Need to have a FedEx Shipped order first.

So I tested it, and it looks great - will save a lot of time.

Now, some questions:

When I ship on FedEx.com,

> I add a reference # to the label

> I use FedEx's address checking feature

> I have FedEx send the customer an e-mail and add a personal note.

> I print the shipment information, which includes the price

Can I do any of this with this contrib?

This contribution currently does none of these things, but it could do them pretty easily.

Where do you get the reference number that goes on the label?

What does the address checking feature do? Since the address has to go through FedEx, this may be happening already - this contribution uses the same back end (I think) as FedEx's online stuff.

OSCommerce is already set up to email customers when their order status changes, so it could alert the customer & sent them the tracking number.

When you say you print the shipping information + price, is this for internal use? This application doesn't do that, but it wouldn't be hard to add a shipping report to osc.

This contribution currently does none of these things, but it could do them pretty easily.

Is this something that I would need to add or that you would add?

Where do you get the reference number that goes on the label?

I enter it manually at FedEx.com. It would be as easy as adding a text box to your contrib and then passing that on to FedEx.

What does the address checking feature do? Since the address has to go through FedEx, this may be happening already - this contribution uses the same back end (I think) as FedEx's online stuff.

After you enter the address at FedEx.com, I click the "address check" button. This just goes into their database to make sure the address entered is deliverable. I've forgot to do this once or twice, and FedEx then charges me if they have to correct the address.

OSCommerce is already set up to email customers when their order status changes, so it could alert the customer & sent them the tracking number.

This contrib would be that much better if the tracking information could automatically be included in an e-mail. Maybe as simple as adding a button to the order edit page that would automatically paste this info into the comments section.

When you say you print the shipping information + price, is this for internal use? This application doesn't do that, but it wouldn't be hard to add a shipping report to osc.

Yes - this is just so I have a record of what FedEx charged me for that shipment. It would keep me from having to go to FedEx to print these out manually.

This is a great contribution - it will save lots of time having to re-enter information into FedEx.com. Keep up the good work.

John Skurka

I just shipped my first *real* order using this contrib - Awesome time saver.

Now, one other question:

Will information show up in my FedEx account when I logon to FedEx.com? I shipped over 4 hours ago, and just logged into FedEx. They have no record of the shipment. The "track" button tell me the same info.

John Skurka

Fabulous module! Two issues that apparently have not yet been resolved though:

There are two issues in this Fedexdc.php string that I am particularly interested in getting resolved. Has anyone made any progress on these?

1. Fixing the cancel shipment so that it actually DOES cancel the shipment with Fedex? Also there was a problem with the date format for cancelling shipments. Anyone get that fixed?

2. Automatically emailing the customer the tracking number when a label is generated. I just generated a label to myself as the customer and the module didn't send me the tracking number via email. It is in the comments section of the order, but no email.

Thanks! Charlie

Hello there!

I got Certification Test Scenarions and heres an example:

Service: Standart Overnight

Packaging: Your Packaging

Special Services: Dry Ice

Ship to: 50 Freemont Av

City: San Fancisco

State: CA

ZIP: 94108

Weight: 5lb

Other Inforamation: Dry Ice Weight: 2lb

So how can I put "Special Services" and "Other Info" to the system?

Im little bit confused

Regarding certification. FYI, If you already have a Fedex Shipping manager account where you can print labels by logging into Fedex.com, you don't need to go through the certification process for fedexdc.php because your account is already on the production server! I just did it and sucessfully sent a package.

Tracking Error:

I have successfully shipped a package and get the tracking info correctly if I go to fedex.com to track it or if I hit the track button from the OSC order page.

However, if I click on "track this shipment" as a customer on the order history page, "account_history_info.php", (after logging in as a customer) I get the following error:

PACKAGE_ERRORFedEx Return Error 9982 : Invalid or missing Search Value.

Looks like it is using "track_fedex.php". What is wrong that I am getting this error? Should I post my code for track_fedex.php?

Thanks, Charlie

FYI, If you already have a Fedex Shipping manager account where you can print labels by logging into Fedex.com, you don't need to go through the certification process for fedexdc.php because your account is already on the production server!  I just did it and sucessfully sent a package.

Once sent, does this package show up in your FedEx.com recent shipments?

John Skurka

Once sent, does this package show up in your FedEx.com recent shipments?

No, unfortunately, they don't show up in your fedex.com shipping history. The only things that show up there are the shipments you created on the fedex.com website. The fedexdc.php shipments do show up on your bill though and on your online billing account with fedex eventually.