• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated FedEx Labels

spoot

Hi,

Installed the module and get the following error:

This transaction could not be completed. Please note the error message below.

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 8027 : State or province abbreviation must be two characters.

I installed everything, also the abbreviate.php , can not seem to find where it goes wrong.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Ron

:blush:

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to be able to print to my Zebra Thermal too but in the meantime I use the free half page FedEx sticky labels they provide for inkjets and laser printers. Labels are no cost and all you have out is ink. Not ideal, but better than using plain paper and windows since the label has adhesive on it. Laser toner is cheap anyway.

Hello everyone, I know this post was made in February, but I just called FedEx and tried to order "free half page FedEx sticky labels for inkjets and laser printers" and the FedEx people had no idea what I was talking about. Does anyone still use these and can I still order them or did they discontinue them? They would certainly be better than printing on a regular sheet of paper.

Thanks very much for your time!

I dont think FedEx has these. I order them from UPS. :-D

If someone can make this contrib print to my thermal printer I will pay $300.

UPS has their active-x control or whatever it is that you have to install on the PC .. cant that be modified or something to work with this?

Someone help ... message me if you can do it.

Hello everyone, I know this post was made in February, but I just called FedEx and tried to order "free half page FedEx sticky labels for inkjets and laser printers" and the FedEx people had no idea what I was talking about. Does anyone still use these and can I still order them or did they discontinue them? They would certainly be better than printing on a regular sheet of paper.

Thanks very much for your time!

You need a fedex account and to be registered for online use. Then just goto the tabs on the top and one of the subcategories is order supplies. You will have a choice b/t express and ship manager supplies. Goto ship manager supplies and the labels are there for you use free for your fedex shipments.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

You need a fedex account and to be registered for online use. Then just goto the tabs on the top and one of the subcategories is order supplies. You will have a choice b/t express and ship manager supplies. Goto ship manager supplies and the labels are there for you use free for your fedex shipments.

Thanks very much for the info! I had to call FedEx and have these supplies added to my online account (they said it would take 3 days) but they do exist so I really appreciate the help. Great support on this contribution!

I called FedEx and asked about "ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1219 : Invalid package count or package sequence exceeds package count." when attempting to ship multi-piece shipments Two Day Air, and the guy I spoke with told me that it isn't availble using the Ship Manager API. It will only work when shipping Domestic Ground, Express International, or Express Domestic with COD.

Great.

He also says it's always been like that and they get people calling all the time asking about (you'd think they'd change it if they get that many phone calls about it).

Hello again everyone. I searched the forums for another error I'm receiving ("ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1219 : Invalid package count or package sequence exceeds package count") and the last post I found was above that basically says shipping multiple packages for certian types of FedEx services is not supported. I was trying to do a two package, 3 Day Express Saver shipment.

The post above was made last November so I was wondering if anyone had heard if there was any movement on this since or if we're just stuck w/ FedEx not supporting this functionality for certain services?

Thanks very much for the help.

NOTICE TO ALL CURRENT USERS

I don't know if this has been posted before but fedex is discontinuing their tracking method that is sent in the emails generated by this contrib to fix this to the new method in your languages/english/ship_fedex.php file change:

define('URL_TO_TRACK1', 'http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?action=track&tracknumbers=');

TO:

define('URL_TO_TRACK1', 'http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?action=track&tracknumbers=');

Not sure if any of the other tracking like the tracking the fedex on your own site will be affected but at least this should fix the emails sent to customers. :thumbsup:

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I have read this topic and search the forums but can't solve my error for this mod.

I presenty am using FedEx Real Time Quotes and I have now installed the contribution Fedex Lables 1.2b and I have an account with FedEX in Canada. The Fedex lables contibution is set to use the test server at this time so I don't have couriers arriving to pick up test packages.

The error I am getting is:

This transaction could not be completed. Please note the error message below.

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1F31 : Sender phone must be 10 digits

I don't know how to fix this as there doesn't seem to be a field to set for that.

Any hints?

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

Try going to the FedEx Realtime quotes and set your address and phone number there.

Thanks for the assistance. My phone number in FedEx Real Time Quote was 1-800-xxx-xxxx so I removed the 1- and I got to the next step.

That next step was the Provice code error so I installed the mod by justken. This contribution now produces a label if I do Canada to Canada shipping and Canada to USA shipping.

I do have a question about what justken said in his post to fix the provicial code error.

Marvin,

You are exactly right, see my post above for the addition of Canadian province codes to the abreviations file, i believe that they are all correct there. There is also an addition for export from US to Canada, if you are shipping within Canada you may need to modify that a bit, i have no way of testing it myself at the moment, i'd love to know if you have success with it, and i'll bet Michael would as well.

What modifications would I be making for this mod in light of that statement?

Am I OK to move it to the production server if the lables seem fine?

Should I ask FedEx if the lables are OK first?

Thanks Again.

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

I recently noticed that some zip codes are giving my customers errors. The error reads " No Rates Returned, :"

I called Fedex and they said that about 2 weeks ago they upgraded their system. The zip I was searching was 85331. Fedex said that that zip now returns an additional line that state it will require an additional day for delivery since is an away point. I am sure there are many more of these zips and many of you may be loosing sales but not be aware. The guy I talked to at Fedex said he could see that the rate was being returned along with that message. I am guessing that the additional data coming with it is breaking the mod.

If anyone has run into this or better yet fixed it please let me know.

--Josh

Hello everyone ...

Does anyone know how to actually process a shipment using a recipient or 3rd party account number? The option to choose that is there but there is no where to enter the account number .. I looked into the file and cannot even find code for a variable FOR the account number for rcpt or 3rd prty.

Can anyone shed some light on this, we are desperately trying to get this working.

Thanks!!

Hello everyone ...

Does anyone know how to actually process a shipment using a recipient or 3rd party account number? The option to choose that is there but there is no where to enter the account number .. I looked into the file and cannot even find code for a variable FOR the account number for rcpt or 3rd prty.

Can anyone shed some light on this, we are desperately trying to get this working.

Thanks!!

ummm... me too! (I hate to be the me too guy, but...)

Well your in luck because I figured it out today ...

My file is major custom or I would post it ... check this out though, it will tell you what you need to know ..

http://images.fedex.com/us/solutions/wis/p...2306.pdf?link=4

Find the section of "Field Tags" and you can see what each one is and what it is used for. Then you open your ship_fedex.php file and search for something you know you have (like "address" .. you can cross reference the fedex pdf file to figure out what all you have now and you can then set the rest.

Since the file is used to just pulling info straight from the database you will have to either tell it where the account number is located in the database or you will have to make input fields that send the data back to the page in the form with the rest of the info and capture it from the form data rather than directly from the database (you can fill the form from the database too if you like, but if you do not need to manually enter or change the account number you can map it if thats easier) ...

I hope this helps .. if you need more help, reply back and I will do my best. I am no programmer but I am not too bad at figuring things out when I need to. : )

Craig

Well your in luck because I figured it out today ...

My file is major custom or I would post it ... check this out though, it will tell you what you need to know ..

http://images.fedex.com/us/solutions/wis/p...2306.pdf?link=4

Find the section of "Field Tags" and you can see what each one is and what it is used for. Then you open your ship_fedex.php file and search for something you know you have (like "address" .. you can cross reference the fedex pdf file to figure out what all you have now and you can then set the rest.

Since the file is used to just pulling info straight from the database you will have to either tell it where the account number is located in the database or you will have to make input fields that send the data back to the page in the form with the rest of the info and capture it from the form data rather than directly from the database (you can fill the form from the database too if you like, but if you do not need to manually enter or change the account number you can map it if thats easier) ...

I hope this helps .. if you need more help, reply back and I will do my best. I am no programmer but I am not too bad at figuring things out when I need to. : )

Craig

Craig:

Great work with the added functionality of the contribution in you store, I'm afraid it's over my head a bit to actually implement it in my store though.

I seem to cut, intergrate and paste well, but working without the code format and detailed instructions is beyond my limited abilities. I will wait to see if this item becomes available in a contribution add-on in the near future.

Side Note: Looking through the FedEx API pdf file you metioned shows that there is lots of added functions that can be put into this contribution, if I'm reading it right that is.

Rod

While looking through the FedEx API file metioned above, I found a piece of information that I found useful for the existing Automated FedEx Labels contribution. It explains the oversize selections that are made in the form in your store. I though I would post it for others to see if they don't know what the sizes of 1, 2, or 3 mean in the "Oversized?" field.

In my store, I'm going to find a way to add the description so future employees don't need to search for the information.

Here is the info:

FedEx Labels

Over Size Description

(source: FedEx API Direct Tagged Transaction Guide as of Oct 2006)

Field Tag Field Name Applicable Carrier Valid For Field Requirements

3124 Oversize Classification FDXG ALL Required

Valid values:

1 = A package weighing less than 30 lbs. and measuring more than 84" but equal to or

less than 108" in combined length and girth will be classified by FedEx Ground as an

Oversize 1 (OS1) package. The transportation charges for an Oversize 1 (OS1) package

will be the same as a 30-lb. package being transported under the same circumstances.

2 = A package weighing less than 50 lbs. and measuring more than 108" but equal to or

less than 130" in combined length and girth will be classified by FedEx Ground as an

Oversize 2 (OS2) package. The transportation charges for an Oversize 2 (OS2) package

will be the same as a 50-lb. package being transported under the same circumstances.

3 = A package weighing 150 lbs. or less and measuring more than 130" but equal to or

less than 165" in combined length and girth will be classified by FedEx Ground as an

Oversize 3 (OS3) package. The transportation charges for an Oversize 3 (OS3) package

will be based on the greater of the package's actual rounded weight or a 90-lb. minimum

billable weight. An additional oversize charge will be assessed on any package measuring

more than 130" in length and girth.

Hope this helps someone,

Rod

Edited by Leak-Proof

In my opinion there is not much point in telling FedEx that a package is oversized if you have already charged the customer. You could process it as 1lb and it wouldnt matter, they will charge you for 1lb or they will charge you for what you actually shipped, either way you have alreadcy collected from your customer all you are going to collect so whats the difference.

If you were shipping 1000 packages a day I am sure fedex would appreciate you making it right but for a small number I am sure correcting the billing is part of their daily routine.

As for getting the bill to customer account thing working (or anything for that matter) start with a small change to the code and work from there. First find where the file specifies your account, change it to a customer account and see it work. Then figure out how to us an if, then to switch back and forth, and so on till you have what you need.

I wish I knew enough to make a contribution for you.

In my opinion there is not much point in telling FedEx that a package is oversized if you have already charged the customer. You could process it as 1lb and it wouldnt matter, they will charge you for 1lb or they will charge you for what you actually shipped, either way you have alreadcy collected from your customer all you are going to collect so whats the difference.

If you were shipping 1000 packages a day I am sure fedex would appreciate you making it right but for a small number I am sure correcting the billing is part of their daily routine.

As for getting the bill to customer account thing working (or anything for that matter) start with a small change to the code and work from there. First find where the file specifies your account, change it to a customer account and see it work. Then figure out how to us an if, then to switch back and forth, and so on till you have what you need.

I wish I knew enough to make a contribution for you.

I thank-you for your input and experience in running an online shop with regard to the oversize issue. Sometimes trying to get every detail perfect makes one loose sight of what is actually a meaningful task or not.

As for the third party account, I will tackle it after I finish adding a dozen new suppliers and hundreds of new products to my very heavily modded store.

Cheers :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i am having trouble shipping multipple packages :(

i also edited out the personal and company info so it was there ;)

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1219 : Invalid package count or package sequence exceeds package count.

here is my debug

Shipment request data, package number 1:

Array

(

[0] => 21

[2399] => 0

[16] => NY

[13] => 1215 Street

[1273] => 01

[1274] => 01

[18] => 3435948344

[15] => City

[23] => 1

[117] => US

[17] => 43453

[50] => US

[11] =>

[12] => first last

[1333] => 1

[1415] => .00

[1368] => 2

[1369] => 1

[1370] => 5

[3002] => 32000000

[25] => 32000000

[3001] =>

[38] =>

[24] => 20061106

[1119] => Y

[2975] => Y

[1266] => N

[1200] => N

[44] =>

[46] =>

[47] =>

[48] =>

[49] =>

[57] => 0

[58] => 0

[59] => 0

[3008] => N

[440] => N

[10] =>

[498] =>

[75] => LBS

[4] => store

[5] => address

[6] => NONE

[7] => town

[8] => GA

[9] => zip

[183] => phone

[68] => USD

[116] => 2

[1117] => 1

[1400] => 56.1

[1401] => 6.1

)

Manifest data, package number 1:

Array

(

[delivery_id] =>

[orders_id] => 32000000

[delivery_name] => first last

[delivery_company] =>

[delivery_address_1] => 1215

[delivery_address_2] =>

[delivery_city] => town

[delivery_state] => ny

[delivery_postcode] =>

[delivery_phone] =>

[package_weight] =>

[package_value] =>

[oversized] => 0

[pickup_date] => 20061106

[saturday_delivery] => 0

[hold_at_location] => 0

[hal_address] =>

[hal_city] =>

[hal_state] =>

[hal_postcode] =>

[hal_phone] =>

[dim_height] => 0

[dim_width] => 0

[dim_length] => 0

[shipping_type] => 01

[residential] => N

[autopod] => 0

[cod] =>

[multiple] => 1

[tracking_num] => master_trackNum

)

Shipment request data, package number 2:

Array

(

[0] => 21

[2399] => 0

[16] => AR

[13] =>

[1273] => 01

[1274] => 01

[18] =>

[15] =>

[23] => 1

[117] => US

[17] =>

[50] => US

[11] =>

[12] =>

[1333] => 1

[1415] => .00

[1368] => 2

[1369] => 1

[1370] => 5

[3002] => 32000000

[25] => 32000000

[3001] =>

[38] =>

[24] => 20061106

[1119] => Y

[2975] => Y

[1266] => N

[1200] => N

[44] =>

[46] =>

[47] =>

[48] =>

[49] =>

[57] => 0

[58] => 0

[59] => 0

[3008] => N

[440] => N

[10] =>

[498] =>

[75] => LBS

[4] =>

[5] =>

[6] => NONE

[7] =>

[8] =>

[9] => 30116

[183] =>

[68] => USD

[116] => 2

[1117] => 2

[1400] => 56.1

[1401] => 50.0

[1123] => master_trackNum

)

Manifest data, package number 2:

Array

(

[delivery_id] =>

[orders_id] =>

[delivery_name] =>

[delivery_company] =>

[delivery_address_1] =>

[delivery_address_2] =>

[delivery_city] =>

[delivery_state] =>

[delivery_postcode] =>

[delivery_phone] =>

[package_weight] =>

[package_value] =>

[oversized] => 0

[pickup_date] => 20061106

[saturday_delivery] => 0

[hold_at_location] => 0

[hal_address] =>

[hal_city] =>

[hal_state] =>

[hal_postcode] =>

[hal_phone] =>

[dim_height] => 0

[dim_width] => 0

[dim_length] => 0

[shipping_type] => 01

[residential] => N

[autopod] => 0

[cod] =>

[multiple] => 2

[tracking_num] => trackNum

)

Running in debug mode, no ship request made

Hi,

I am shipping international orders, have installed the complete package, but get stuck at Customs Value.

In the form I have the total order_value in the Declare_Value box, if I send the form, the debug shows [1415] empty and [package_value]empty.

It seems like there is a code error, but I cannot seem to locate it!

Ron

I have trouble trying to use this module for international shipments. It seems to miss a load of Tags required by Fedex. Generating error after error.

Is there anyone using it for International shipments from Europe?

Would appreciate info on how to include the right Tags.

Thanks,

Ron

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm also interested in using the FedEx Automated labels module for international shipping, specifically from the U.S. to international destinations.

My initial attempt was based on posts from justken available at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...01186&st=80, which adds Canadian provinces and sets the Shipping Export Declaration (SED) exemption number for Canada.

This seems to work properly, but does not appear to cover all cases exporting from the U.S. to Canada, notably when the declared value is above $2500.

The document at http://www.fedex.com/us/sed/ftrchart.html has some useful information, but may be out of date. It is unclear (to me, anyway, given the limited amount of research I've done) from the document what the current regulations are since they appear to be in transition. More information is available at http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/regula.../forms/qna.html and http://www.fedex.com/us/sed/sedfaq.html.

For export from the U.S. to other countries, some additional fields in the transaction sent to FedEx appear to be required. (The absence of these seems to cause a 1415 error.) These fields are described in the FedEx Ship Manager Server Transaction Coding Reference (I have version v 7.2), under Global Ship Request - Transaction Code 020, starting on page 39. (See http://www.fedex.com/us/solutions/wis/index.html to obtain documentation.)

The Total Commodity Customs field is documented as "Required when Field 113 ‘Commercial Invoice Print and Upload Flag’ is set to ‘N’. Optional when 113 = ‘Y’ If Field 113 is set to ‘Y’ this value is derived from the sum of Quantity*Unit Value (Field 82-# * Field 1030-#) or from the sum of field 78-#. An entry in Field 119 will override the derived value if larger than the derived value." (Page 40.)

However, when I set field 113 to 'N' and field 119 to the order value, I still got an error 7118: "A valid Customs Value must be entered on all international shipments."

Has anyone had any luck with the necessary modifications to get international shipping to work correctly?

Edited by AJE