• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated FedEx Labels

spoot

One more other thing I noticed, since the fix fir the images I seem to be getting this error fairly frequently:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error FFF0 : FedEx Ground Parameter Validation System Failure

Once it was the ground address was too long, another the phone # has extra characters, but it is so vague the others I had to give up on. It seems like before we got specific error messages not just this vague one. Has anyone else experienced this?

I haven't had a chance yet to chat with FedEx on this issue - but when I spoke to them about not getting a valid data stream back from them they acknowledged a problem on their end with Ground shipping as well, which remains unresolved to date. Their temporary solution was to regenerate a meter id which has helped but now it seems more has been "fixed" by them.

Rayzak: Are you manually changing the weight of the individual boxes? Make sure that they all add up to the original weight. For instance, with 5 packages weighing a total of 100 lbs, make sure that the individual packages have the correct quantities totalling 100 lbs. I get this error only when I miscalculate the weight after manually changing the amount of packages.

cdi-buy.com: So far the error is with all Express methods. Hopefully I can get some answers soon. It seems the WIS servers/code on FedEx' end is undergoing more changes which is messing things up :(

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had a chance yet to chat with FedEx on this issue - but when I spoke to them about not getting a valid data stream back from them they acknowledged a problem on their end with Ground shipping as well, which remains unresolved to date. Their temporary solution was to regenerate a meter id which has helped but now it seems more has been "fixed" by them.

Rayzak: Are you manually changing the weight of the individual boxes? Make sure that they all add up to the original weight. For instance, with 5 packages weighing a total of 100 lbs, make sure that the individual packages have the correct quantities totalling 100 lbs. I get this error only when I miscalculate the weight after manually changing the amount of packages.

cdi-buy.com: So far the error is with all Express methods. Hopefully I can get some answers soon.  It seems the WIS servers/code on FedEx' end is undergoing more changes which is messing things up :(

Yes they are going through changes, verified.

Rayzac, go through your debug mode and verify weight is being sent properly.

Then go to your ship_fedex.php file and go here:

// get the package weight/total weight and format it to one decimal place

$total_weight = round($HTTP_POST_VAR['package_weight'], 1);

$total_weight = sprintf("%01.1f", $total_weight);

If this line is correct, then careful look at the debug can tell you what is acutally being sent.

For the others, please verify that you do have infact the 2nd address line installed through your store, it is a new requirement from Fedex.

Here is the Fedex required lines for the ship_fedex.php page.

In the //star array for fedex section:

add this:

,14=> $order_info['delivery_street_address_2'] // delivery address 2

In the // variables needed to subscribe section:

add this:

4009 => $fedex_vars[6], // street address 2

In the // data for shipping_manifest section

add this:

delivery_address_2 => $order_info['delivery_street_address_2'],

If you guys need this in a easier contribution, I can make one up, just let me know.

;)

This error:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error FFF0 : FedEx Ground Parameter Validation System Failure

Is usually due to a too long of address 25 max (including spaces). OR a incorrect phone number 10 minimum, no spaces, no dashes or others. Like this:

// get rid of dashes, parentheses and periods in customer's telephone number

$delivery_phone = trim(str_replace($unwanted, '', $order_info['customers_telephone']));

Just make sure your orders have all the correct info.

Hope this helps.

;)

Hi All,

Does anyone here uses UPS for shipping? Is there an equivalent of FedEx automated labels for UPS? I am thinking of offering both UPS and FedEx to the customers. But I am reluctant if UPS doesn't have an equivalent. Comments anyone?

- The Jackal

I also would like to use both. We have heavily modified our FedEx labels contribution to include a batch run/print and formated the lable screen to include a packing list ( on the same page).

It would be nice to add a UPS option. Just don't have time to research/write it... Shipping too many packages :D .

Jeff

Hi all,

I'm having an unusual problem.

About a week ago I started having a problem with the printing of labels.

I don't get any errors returned, and a tracking number is assigned to the .png file.

The .png file gets created but it has a size of zero bytes.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Dave

www.light-stick.us

A few questions/suggestions?...

1. How would I go about adding the "ship" button from the "orders" menu to EACH order view. I.e. when you click on "details" you would see the "ship" button next to the actual invoice as well. I think this is not a nessesity, however it would be nice for those of us with clients who want everything to be perfect and easy.

2. How hard would it be to make the shipment automated? when the user picks FedEx as their carrier, the order would automatically be submitted to FedEx and a label would be generated and all pertinent information would be stored for both user and admin. The admin would then go to a "print labels" section and print all the orders, or perhaps get some sort of master list? I think I can write the code, however I would like any help I can get (what should I look for? start with?)

3. Has anyone figured out the Canadian shipment error? I thought I saw something about it earlier, but 18 pages tends to become a blur at 3:00 am. I'm in Chicago and just want to be able to have the option of FedEx to Canada

ERROR: FedEx Return Error F84A : Invalid recipient province code for Canada

4. if third party billing option is selected, there is nowhere to enter in the information...How can I go about this one?

5. through my clients store they only sell 1 item. If someone purchases 2 and we send them in 2 seperate boxes, I get this error when the second page of ship comes up:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1219 : Invalid package count or package sequence exceeds package count.

by default the first package weight is 2 lbs, and the second is 0. if I make them both 2 I get the error, if I leave them as is I get the error (btw the total weight says the proper weight of 4 lbs).

any help?

Thanks in advance all! The makers and modders of this contrib have my gratitude.

we already have an fedex account, we use the software to print invoice. Now when we use that account number we get this error:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 5012 : Account number not in database

Does that mean for web we have to get another account?

Here is the Fedex required lines for the ship_fedex.php page.

In the //star array for fedex section:

add this:

,14=>  $order_info['delivery_street_address_2'] // delivery address 2

In the // variables needed to subscribe section:

add this:

4009 => $fedex_vars[6], // street address 2

In the // data for shipping_manifest section

add this:

delivery_address_2 => $order_info['delivery_street_address_2'],

If you guys need this in a easier contribution, I can make one up, just let me know.

;)

Jim,

Yes, please, do create easier instructions! :D

Thank you!

Actually, just tried it, it didn't work... The second line still doesn't show up.  Oj Vej...

You have to have the second line contrib installed for this to work, you database field might be differently named also...

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Hi all,

I'm having an unusual problem.

About a week ago I started having a problem with the printing of labels.

I don't get any errors returned, and a tracking number is assigned to the .png file.

The .png file gets created but it has a size of zero bytes.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Dave

www.light-stick.us

I'm having this exact same problem. Have you made any progress on this yet? Anyone have any ideas where to look?

I can see the file name being written in general.php. A function in fedexdc.php is then supposed to write the contents. But the contents are not being written.

I'm having this exact same problem. Have you made any progress on this yet? Anyone have any ideas where to look?

I can see the file name being written in general.php. A function in fedexdc.php is then supposed to write the contents. But the contents are not being written.

Have you tried this solution?

- The Jackal

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions:

ONE

I'm trying to certify with FedEx using this module (version 1.8), for International shipments ( I ship to PR and Canada). I get the following error:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error F593 : Invalid or missing AES or FTSR exemption number

I called FedEx WebAPI team and they told me that I "need to include field 1358" and populate it with 30.58 for Canada or 30.55 for Puerto Rico. I have no idea whether this is something that I actually need to do, configure in the mod, or what.

TWO

Right now I'm using the Table Rate shipping module ONLY because the Fedex one offers quotes for all different Fedex shipping options, but I only want to offer Ground if possible. Is there an easy way to limit the real-time quotes to only particular shipping methods?

Edited by jeffpolachek

• 2 weeks later...

I've added a little update to the contribution. A few fixes and some additional features I have been using, hopefully you'll find the new features and fixes as useful as I have. Thanks to the original creators and all the others who have added to this great time saving contribution!

New in Version 1.09

----------------------------------------------

- New feature displays ship to and bill to name so you can easily identify packages.

- New feature displays chosen ship method.

- Fix to calculations for weight now displays weight properly.

- Fixed invoice is now transmitted to FedEx in invoice field instead of PO field. This helps when you have to search your fedex transaction history.

- New Box for declared value (previously it automatically pluged in the order total, now you can change it to avoid heafty FedEx fees for orders over $100)

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

• 2 weeks later...

FedEx Automated Labels

Haven't seen this anywhere in the posts but I just talked to FedEx. The URL for testing should be: https://gateway.beta.fedex.com:443/GatewayDC

He said the old one might work for a while but it is deprecated.

I changed these in the /includes/fedexdc.php and /admin/includes/fedexdc.php files.

// check for test or production gateway
if ($server == 'test') {
define('FEDEX_URI', 'https://gateway.beta.fedex.com:443/GatewayDC', true);
define('FEDEX_HOST', 'gateway.beta.fedex.com', true);
}

Also, he said that once you move to production mode, you are stuck there. There is "no need" for testing ever again, even if FedEx causes the problem (such as the images problem a short time ago) because they notify developers of changes "promptly" and any changes to coding are always "easy" fixes. :-"

So what we did is got another account that will permanently be in test mode for use when developing or upgrading client apps.

Also, I have seen this in other posts but just wanted to reiterate that if you have already used a RATE module (test or production), you may still need to contact them for test approval in order to get results for the DirectShip API. Fedex said that if approved for test mode, the rates AND the DirectShip should work, but in my case there was a problem and we could only get rates.... bottom line, contact them to be sure before wasting hours debugging like I did :D

I thought I'd pass on this info in case someone had the same troubles.

Any ideas appreciated.

I got approved for the production server.  I even got a new meter ID for the production server.  But I still get the error: account not in the database...

Thanks!

Irina

You're not approved or you've still got the contrib set to testing mode. If I remember correctly you have to change it to the production sever in two places. One in the code and one on your fedex quotes that this piggybacks on.

Keith, Thanks.

I spoke with Fedex and they have me in their production d-base and my meter ID. I changed from 'test' to 'production' in catalog/admin/shipping modules. The code which I have to modify in fedexdc.php now accounts for else / if

// check for test or production gateway
if ($server == 'test') {
define('FEDEX_URI', 'https://gatewaybeta.fedex.com/GatewayDC', true);
define('FEDEX_HOST', 'gatewaybeta.fedex.com', true);
}
elseif ($server == 'production') {
define('FEDEX_URI', 'https://gateway.fedex.com/GatewayDC', true);
define('FEDEX_HOST', 'gateway.fedex.com', true);
}

I don't know where else to change it.

Thanks!